IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

Hi ladies, I am back in business after one year. Did and failed 1 cycle of IUI last year.

Now just started my 2ww.

I've compiled a simple list for 2ww, please let me know if it's correct and feel free to edit!

1. No iced drinks
2. No "cooling" food (e.g. watermelon, white cabbage, green bean soup...)
3. Drink red bean soup - for thickening uterine wall?
4. Drink chicken essences, preferably those with wolf-berries and red dates
5. Drink red date longan
6. Eat nuts - especially brazil nuts
7. Cut down on caffaine
8. Wear socks to sleep if your feet is the easily cold kind
9. Drink raspberry leaf tea??? (Not sure if this is correct)
10. Drink black chicken soup??? (Not sure if this is correct)

Does anyone has the same case as me? Today my dpiui day 12. All my symptoms seem gone! Dunnoe whether izzit a good sign or not. Still praying hard AF not to arrive, waiting for my blood test appointment to come.
Trigger on 10 August 9pm.
day of iui(12aug): 1-2hrs after procedure start to cramp, can't walk properly, tired and rest whole day.boobs pain.
dpiui 1: still crampy and can't walk properly, but better than previous day.boobs pain.
dpiui 2: still crampy but can walk properly,boobs pain.
dpiui 3: crampy off and on and boobs pain.
dpiui 4: crampy on and off, start spotting, boobs pain.
dpiui 5: crampy, spotting, boobs pain.
dpiui 6: same as yesterday
dpiui 7: same as yesterday
dpiui 8: spotting stop, still crampy, boobs pain
dpiui 9: same as yesterday
dpiui 10: still crampy but not so often, boobs less pain.
dpiui 11: symptoms seem getting much lesser as if no more!
Dpiui 12(today): not much crampy, boobs dun really pain anymore.

Need to add in another symptom is I feels
Unfortunately, preg has the same sign as menstrual.. Dun think too much. Blood test will show.. Dun give up and relax
Thanks Phantom. Yup, quite confusing sometimes. I not giving up so easily..and trying not to think that much. Hoping that someone previously has the same case as me, so that I feel more ease. Haha. Symptoms seem different from my mthly ones..

Need to add in another symptom is I feels

Thanks Phantom. Yup, quite confusing sometimes. I not giving up so easily..and trying not to think that much. Hoping that someone previously has the same case as me, so that I feel more ease. Haha. Symptoms seem different from my mthly ones..

I think I have the same symptoms as you. Nearer to blood test totally feels normal. Except forgetfulness, backache and night urination, which are uncommon symptoms. I am in fact symptom free until 2.5 months onwards...Hope this makes you feel better.

I started paying attention to my symptoms after I was tested positive. During my first Tri I was squeezing my boobs every 30 mins to see if they hurt. Because I had spotting problems, I rush to the toilet every time I feel "something" flow out.

I'm back in the thread! After my failed SO-IUI in July, I got so busy with work and selling/buying new home. No one warned you about the really heavy and crazy menses right after the failed SO-IUI - it was so bad I went through like a few packs of overnight pads. :| We had a break month in August and planned to start SO-IUI round 2 after the next cycle, but as luck would have it.

I got a BFP after AF was late for 10 days.. it's so unexpected and surreal.

@red.koi.junie you are really right when you were saying to just relax and have no expectations!

edit: to all who are going through or are planning to go through the tests and the IUIs/SO-IUIs I am sending you lots of luck and love. Stress does not cause infertility but infertility causes stress - please have that in mind! and of course, I hope you all get lots of babies!! <3

I think I have the same symptoms as you. Nearer to blood test totally feels normal. Except forgetfulness, backache and night urination, which are uncommon symptoms. I am in fact symptom free until 2.5 months onwards...Hope this makes you feel better.

I started paying attention to my symptoms after I was tested positive. During my first Tri I was squeezing my boobs every 30 mins to see if they hurt. Because I had spotting problems, I rush to the toilet every time I feel "something" flow out.
Thanks Junie, really makes me feel better! Wish you a smooth pregnancy! Me too, also recently quite forgetful, sometimes backache and night urine. And since past few days that spotting period stop, I also go to toilet and check out whenever I feel something flow out. Me too will check my boobs. Haha. Now dun really crampy, occasionally feels funny inside like got vibration mode.like last night I feels a light pulling sensation near belly button. Previously I never once got spotting before AF comes, boobs always pain till 2nd day of AF, and crampy also always till AF comes and cramp like hell.

I'm back in the thread! After my failed SO-IUI in July, I got so busy with work and selling/buying new home. No one warned you about the really heavy and crazy menses right after the failed SO-IUI - it was so bad I went through like a few packs of overnight pads. :| We had a break month in August and planned to start SO-IUI round 2 after the next cycle, but as luck would have it.

@red.koi.junie you are really right when you were saying to just relax and have no expectations!

edit: to all who are going through or are planning to go through the tests and the IUIs/SO-IUIs I am sending you lots of luck and love. Stress does not cause infertility but infertility causes stress - please have that in mind! and of course, I hope you all get lots of babies!! <3
Congrats! Very happy for you!

Ya, the menses that came after it failed is a torture. Can share anything you did for second round? Think I m a born worrier.

Ya, the menses that came after it failed is a torture. Can share anything you did for second round? Think I m a born worrier.

I think she was pregnancy before she start second round...

Thanks but I mentioned gave birth 2 years ago..... Hehe really forgetfulness sinking in for u as one of the symptoms.... One more week before BT? Good luck once again!!!

Congrats and hope you have a smooth and enjoyable pregnancy and motherhood!!!

I haven't start second round, was planning to and waiting for the AF but like never come. so I did hpt and turns out it was a natural conception.
I did eat concieve well gold (if i'm not wrong from blackmores) during the break, so perhaps it helped.
I am a born worrier too babe! Honestly!! I worry from everything for everyone, but I had so many things on my plate this time - I had increase workload, planning the home selling and then buying and then finding reno... I didn't think about babies for a while. I would really really suggest what everyone in the thread has always been saying (lol) - try not to worry, not to think too much, it is so very hard I know!! :p

I haven't start second round, was planning to and waiting for the AF but like never come. so I did hpt and turns out it was a natural conception.
I did eat concieve well gold (if i'm not wrong from blackmores) during the break, so perhaps it helped.
I am a born worrier too babe! Honestly!! I worry from everything for everyone, but I had so many things on my plate this time - I had increase workload, planning the home selling and then buying and then finding reno... I didn't think about babies for a while. I would really really suggest what everyone in the thread has always been saying (lol) - try not to worry, not to think too much, it is so very hard I know!! :p
Congrats to you! Wish you a smooth pregnancy~

Hi jieErSun,
I am on my 13 dpiui today,My symptoms started from 9 dpiui.I feel tired and have cramps .feel like AF symptoms,but I have back pain and leg pain too.My blood work is on Friday .are you taking duphaston tablet? I am taking duphaston and folic acid from 2 dpiui and may b my symptoms are due to the medicine

Hi jieErSun,
I am on my 13 dpiui today,My symptoms started from 9 dpiui.I feel tired and have cramps .feel like AF symptoms,but I have back pain and leg pain too.My blood work is on Friday .are you taking duphaston tablet? I am taking duphaston and folic acid from 2 dpiui and may b my symptoms are due to the medicine
Hi chuchoo,
Me too 13 dpiui today! Doctor gave me folic on my first appointment day to start taking, den after iui procedure start duphaston pill 2 times a day. Ur bt earlier than me? Mine next Wednesday(20 dpiui).

Hi jieErSun,
My last period was on 26 th July ,hence doctor wants me to wait till 26th and do the blood test,I heard duphaston delays the period.im also taking 2 times in a day.

Hi jieErSun,
My last period was on 26 th July ,hence doctor wants me to wait till 26th and do the blood test,I heard duphaston delays the period.im also taking 2 times in a day.
Me too, same day. My menses came on the 25th evening, but kkh took 26th july as my 1st day. Doctor gave me appointment on the 31st aug. You went to kkh too?

No,mine is at parkway east.i think it's better to do blood work little late as AF will come late due to duphaston if iui is not successful.i don't know how true it is,is it ur first iui?

Hi jieErSun,
Me too, same day. My menses came on the 25th evening, but kkh took 26th july as my 1st day. Doctor gave me appointment on the 31st aug. You went to kkh too?

Dear all, just curious asking. Do you all have baby dreams before bfp? I have a dream this morning, dreamt that I went for my ultrasound appointment to check whether I'm pregnant and doctor scan show 2 heatbeats! I wake up laughing abt it, as I never had this kind of dream before. Not sure izzit a good sign, as always hear ppl say dreams are opposite from real life...hmm..dunnoe whether to be happy or to worry. 6 more days to my beta appointment, dun really have any symptoms for now. Just that if I walk too much, my stomach will feels unwell.

Dear all, just curious asking. Do you all have baby dreams before bfp? I have a dream this morning, dreamt that I went for my ultrasound appointment to check whether I'm pregnant and doctor scan show 2 heatbeats! I wake up laughing abt it, as I never had this kind of dream before. Not sure izzit a good sign, as always hear ppl say dreams are opposite from real life...hmm..dunnoe whether to be happy or to worry. 6 more days to my beta appointment, dun really have any symptoms for now. Just that if I walk too much, my stomach will feels unwell.
Wish u all the best..i also tot so too...But wen i had dat dream and a day before Bt spotin apeared and i failed my iui as well as 1st ivf cycle..now am gearing up for 2nd cycle.lol..

Hi all

Feeling a bit down now. I'm 4DPIUI and no symptoms at all. Read online that many people have symptoms around this time.

I do feel a bit crampy but that could be due to the metformin that I am taking. Having constipation too (sorry TMI) and that could also be due to metformin.

I am trying to relax and not stress so much over this. :oops:

Hi all

Feeling a bit down now. I'm 4DPIUI and no symptoms at all. Read online that many people have symptoms around this time.

I do feel a bit crampy but that could be due to the metformin that I am taking. Having constipation too (sorry TMI) and that could also be due to metformin.

I am trying to relax and not stress so much over this. :oops:

It is too early to have symptoms after 4 days leh.

hi all
I am doing iui for first time. can I check roughly how many times will need to go to ultrasound before the final injection for trigger?

hi all
I am doing iui for first time. can I check roughly how many times will need to go to ultrasound before the final injection for trigger?

For NUH, I went for about 3-4 scans before the trigger injection.

After the first scan, I took fertility meds (tamoxifen) for 6 days. After that go back for scan to see size of the egg. Then about 2 more days go back for scan again. This is usually when the doc will prescribe the trigger for you to take home and inject at a certain period of time.

May I ask, what's are your sleeping habits dear all? I mean the timing. For me, before iui normally I sleep around 1 plus, 2am..earliest will be 1am, as I work am/pm shift and I wake up around noon time if I work pm shift & also during my off days. Normally day time I don't really feel tired, have energy. Since after iui, I feel tired in the afternoon 3,4pm..at night I start feeling tired after 10pm, and I can't last till 1am. But I still can't wake up early the next day, I wake up 11am as I feels tired. My mum nags at me saying if successful, I can't wake up so late bad for health and baby. :(

May I ask, what's are your sleeping habits dear all? I mean the timing. For me, before iui normally I sleep around 1 plus, 2am..earliest will be 1am, as I work am/pm shift and I wake up around noon time if I work pm shift & also during my off days. Normally day time I don't really feel tired, have energy. Since after iui, I feel tired in the afternoon 3,4pm..at night I start feeling tired after 10pm, and I can't last till 1am. But I still can't wake up early the next day, I wake up 11am as I feels tired. My mum nags at me saying if successful, I can't wake up so late bad for health and baby. :(

I sleep at 12 to 1 plus am, wakeup before 8 am.

I sleep around 11pm-12am and wake at 630am. Just feel a bit sleepy sometimes in the day at work, which is normal for me haha.

After IUI no change to my sleeping habits at all. In fact, don't feel anything diff about anything at all :eek:

I'm new here and lost, need advise.

Been TTCing for 2.5 years.... babydust come to me pls.
I tried clomid + jab to release eggs x 4 times and did 1 time iui last year, but all failed.

Last week Aug 21 (CD14), gynae said there are 13 follicles at one side, the biggest only 12mm... estimate to grow big within a week. OPK positive (LH surge) in 2 days later (Aug 23)...I assume ovulate next day (Aug 24) since OPK negative.

Really confuse, not sure whether I actually ovulated. Should I go back to gynae to scan and confirm? Or forget about it and wait for the result?

If no no again, then will have to go for 2nd iui next cycle.

Hi ladies. I am on CD2 for first jab today. Like to ask is it normal to start with 100 units of Puregon. But I have seen on this thread some ladies started from only 50units. Worried I will be over stimu. The first jab is so scary. I can even feel the fluid going into my tummy during the injection. Maybe it me cos I very afraid of needle. It been 5 hr after the first jab and I still feel a bit sore at the injected area. Haiz... 4 more days to go before the first scan. Hopefully it will be easier after today. My hubby a bit paranoid. Ask me not to eat this not to eat that already. Ha!!

Back