Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Seen Dr Ang this morning. When doc opened her diaper, she greeted the doc with a fountain of pee! Doc said 'thought only boys pee fountain ley, why you also?' Lol
Fortunately cleared of jaundice and her weight gain is on track. Next follow up only 3 wks later

Lol so cute! Ya when there's a change in temperature, babies tend to pee. So whenever change diaper u might want to open for a few secs, then cover back n wait for a few secs first, before removing it. Or put a tissue over it, esp for boys. I kena a few times. I also kena explosive poop before, really machiam like volcano eruption, wah, dunno whether to laugh or cry then.

Ah ok! How's everything? Your lo how many months already?

Ah...bub n myself r getting to cope with each other fine :)

Bub in a few day 4 month lor..time really passes very fast...I remember one of the mummy here (forgive my after birth pea brain can't remb who encouraged b4) tt one just hv to bite the bullet and will see d light at d end of tunnel....n yup bub is more predictable + night feed is also reduce...just tt I m a "pumper" so still need to wake up 3 hourly to pump bm...

How about u @milogal88 ?how many month ur LO now?

yar. tmc. on the 1st visit, blood test. level at 23.2.... :( no time to think already. 4 way, 3 way, 2 way. admitted on 8 aug 2016, discharge on 11 aug. 1 week later, went back follow up, dr say is cleared, have to keep feeding alternate (BM, FM) currently doing now

Dr never mentioned when can go fully bm?
Cos if bm will be easier for u n wifey cos can just fully latch on ....

No worries! How many weeks are u now? You can ask thh to give u a range of dates to look at from 37 weeks onwards. Once u settle the exact date u tell him then he will call the OT straightaway and book. Bear in mind that THH may be available on your selected date BUT sometimes he might go off for last min conference. I think I settled my csec date at 35 weeks and I very ambitiously selected it 1 day before 38 weeks coz 6th no slot the next date I want is 9th. But when I went for my 37th week check up, we decided there and then to cut the very next day as thh wasn't confident I can hold till 38th though he says it's up to me. But I will risk having e-csec and my hubby won't be able to go into OT. So immediately he called and ask if OT got slot and then slot me in.

Hi milogal88, really appreciate that you share your experience with me!! I am 20wks+ now although I am enthu about going for natural birth, I really doubt both babies will head down nearer to delivery. So I have convinced myself to go for c-sec based on THH advise and was wondering how to plan around it. Thanks for all the advise to me folks!! You ladies & guy are so helpful and awesome.

Hi milogal88, really appreciate that you share your experience with me!! I am 20wks+ now although I am enthu about going for natural birth, I really doubt both babies will head down nearer to delivery. So I have convinced myself to go for c-sec based on THH advise and was wondering how to plan around it. Thanks for all the advise to me folks!! You ladies & guy are so helpful and awesome.
I have 4 friends all twin. Only 1 friend manage to delivery naturally. Another 1 kena both. Delivery 1baby natural another baby too high so Csect. Discuss with THH. If your pelvis too small/ tight. Better go for csect.

Ah...bub n myself r getting to cope with each other fine :)

Bub in a few day 4 month lor..time really passes very fast...I remember one of the mummy here (forgive my after birth pea brain can't remb who encouraged b4) tt one just hv to bite the bullet and will see d light at d end of tunnel....n yup bub is more predictable + night feed is also reduce...just tt I m a "pumper" so still need to wake up 3 hourly to pump bm...

How about u @milogal88 ?how many month ur LO now?

Good to hear that babe! Mine will be 3 months old on Friday! Indeed, the toughest for me is that very week when CL leaves. But it does get better each day each week. I'm looking forward to the day where they can sttn!! Now they still wake up twice sometimes thrice for feeds. :confused:

Wow! Good leh! I only pump twice a day! So it just serve as desserts for my babies! :p

No worries babe! Have u joined the FB Twins & Multiples support group? It's possible to deliver naturally though the babies position may not be ideal but you need to find a gyne whom is willing & confident to do that; but you'll need to be aware of all the risk and implications and the possibility of an e-csec if things doesn't go as planned. For me, natural delivery has never crossed my mind coz I cannot imagine having menstrual cramp x 1million the effect. Besides, I've gone through so much to come this far, I really don't want to risk anything at the final lap. Not that there isn't risk for c-sec but I guess everything is more controlled.

Anyway, THH has awesome stitching skills and I'm sure the mummies here can attest to that. So don't worry too much about it. Just make sure you have a binder. Now that you're 20weeks+, I may be wrong but it might be a little early to fix a date as I believe he'll need to monitor the bbs growth and ensure everything is on track first. Maybe you can check with him on your next visit.

hello...
my office ppl gave small token, so total around 250$.. my plan is to get full month pastries and offer to all. any good ideas? habve to get something definetely

Can get traditional cakes from pine garden? Easier option will be vouchers. I got bengawan solo vouchers as it's more convenient since there're many outlets, plus they are not restricted to redeem cake only. Can be anything in the store.

No worries babe! Have u joined the FB Twins & Multiples support group? It's possible to deliver naturally though the babies position may not be ideal but you need to find a gyne whom is willing & confident to do that; but you'll need to be aware of all the risk and implications and the possibility of an e-csec if things doesn't go as planned. For me, natural delivery has never crossed my mind coz I cannot imagine having menstrual cramp x 1million the effect. Besides, I've gone through so much to come this far, I really don't want to risk anything at the final lap. Not that there isn't risk for c-sec but I guess everything is more controlled.

Anyway, THH has awesome stitching skills and I'm sure the mummies here can attest to that. So don't worry too much about it. Just make sure you have a binder. Now that you're 20weeks+, I may be wrong but it might be a little early to fix a date as I believe he'll need to monitor the bbs growth and ensure everything is on track first. Maybe you can check with him on your next visit.
ya ya....I agree he has awesome stitching skills..it's 4th day for me and I am feeling fine.

Actually hor, talking about menstrual cramp, you can avoid it...once you hit 3cm dilation, you insist on epidural. For my recent case, the nurses thought I was mad when I was already 3cm dilated but not feeling any pain. I insisted and guess what? Even at 10cm dilation, I was not feeling any pain, just numbness...so...hehehe.....

Can get traditional cakes from pine garden? Easier option will be vouchers. I got bengawan solo vouchers as it's more convenient since there're many outlets, plus they are not restricted to redeem cake only. Can be anything in the store.
Ya! but expensive ley, cake vouchers...the other time I received the bengawan solo voucher, I can only choose among banana cake, walnut cake and fruit cake.

Seen Dr Ang this morning. When doc opened her diaper, she greeted the doc with a fountain of pee! Doc said 'thought only boys pee fountain ley, why you also?' Lol
Fortunately cleared of jaundice and her weight gain is on track. Next follow up only 3 wks later
So cute! wa, so good that she's clear of jaundice..it's my #2's 3rd visit to the polyclinic to do the blood test :( this friday going again. Sians 1/2...

Lol so cute! Ya when there's a change in temperature, babies tend to pee. So whenever change diaper u might want to open for a few secs, then cover back n wait for a few secs first, before removing it. Or put a tissue over it, esp for boys. I kena a few times. I also kena explosive poop before, really machiam like volcano eruption, wah, dunno whether to laugh or cry then.
Ya! for boys, you have to place a wet wipe or tissue over the penis, else kenna the "golden shower"...messy affair.

Ya! but expensive ley, cake vouchers...the other time I received the bengawan solo voucher, I can only choose among banana cake, walnut cake and fruit cake.

No leh, I called and asked them and the voucher also stated...need not redeem the cakes as stated. Can be kueh, cookies etc as long as it's within the value and must be products in-store. Anything more then they top up themselves.

Good to hear that babe! Mine will be 3 months old on Friday! Indeed, the toughest for me is that very week when CL leaves. But it does get better each day each week. I'm looking forward to the day where they can sttn!! Now they still wake up twice sometimes thrice for feeds. :confused:

Wow! Good leh! I only pump twice a day! So it just serve as desserts for my babies! :p

Oh mine n urs diff about a month only ah...haha. ..This is d time where they start cooing n smile le:)...mine just discover d fun of roll over on his tummy so everytime i put him on bed,he will wan to roll ...changing diaper is a challenge for me..haha

U direct latch w bubs tt is y the min pumping?

My "well" drying up soon I think ...so I just try my best to see how long I can last (hope at least 6 month) den I will fully give fm...cos on ebm always hv to bring a pump out or rush home to express:confused:

Yeah. Vouchers smelly smelly 10 bucks...

Yah voucher not cheap. ..bangawan solo cheapest voucher is $8.90 liao. ..but easier cos 1 year expired date n no need hurry to bring boxes of cakes to sent to relative/friends......can OTOT mah...

I also receive bengawan solo voucher. Can redeem anything in the store. Balance top. I also redeem the kuek or the pandan cheese roll.

I am also waiting for them to sleep through the night. Now I am panda everyday.
My nos.1 I dream feed @11pm n top up 10ml more of FM. Can last until 6am. Training at 1mths take abt 1-2wks. But now my nos.2 dream feed also cannot refuse to suck. Last feed ard 9pm. Wake up ard 3am then every 3hrs Lo. Nos.2 going to 8wks old Liao. Me also panda. Going back to work soon. I need sleep. + pump.

Oh mine n urs diff about a month only ah...haha. ..This is d time where they start cooing n smile le:)...mine just discover d fun of roll over on his tummy so everytime i put him on bed,he will wan to roll ...changing diaper is a challenge for me..haha

My "well" drying up soon I think ...so I just try my best to see how long I can last (hope at least 6 month) den I will fully give fm...cos on ebm always hv to bring a pump out or rush home to express:confused:
I tried lataction cookie from this website. Www.slb.sg. My supply super low but after taking increase bit n look thicker. I don't mind eating cos very yummy n they have muffin too.

Actually not too bad. Our appt was 9am and we arrived 8plus. Kena a couple of walk-ins with fussy bbs slotted in ahead of us though we arrived first. But all done in 9.20am

I find less crowd if I go dr ang in the afternoon as compared to morning.

My nos.1 I dream feed @11pm n top up 10ml more of FM. Can last until 6am. Training at 1mths take abt 1-2wks. But now my nos.2 dream feed also cannot refuse to suck. Last feed ard 9pm. Wake up ard 3am then every 3hrs Lo. Nos.2 going to 8wks old Liao. Me also panda. Going back to work soon. I need sleep. + pump.

My boys same as your number 2. I gave more milk for last feed also not working but they do sleep slightly longer than before.

hello...
my office ppl gave small token, so total around 250$.. my plan is to get full month pastries and offer to all. any good ideas? habve to get something definetely

I book neo garden for buffet catering n they tie up with choz for cakes ten percent off. I choose the cheap cheap one. The box quite nice with personal card of my boys pic.

So cute! wa, so good that she's clear of jaundice..it's my #2's 3rd visit to the polyclinic to do the blood test :( this friday going again. Sians 1/2...
Doc did say that becoz her blood type same as mine so jaundice expected to be mild. Plus she's been latching very well so my bm kicked in & transitioned well which helped. That said, she also noted jaundice is common and will clear eventually if bb takes in adequate milk. So Jia you mummy and bub!

Ya! for boys, you have to place a wet wipe or tissue over the penis, else kenna the "golden shower"...messy affair.
Ya lah, thought gals one flow down like a stream one but my gal really can offer a little fountain ley. Many times liao and also have to arm myself with wet wipes or tissues.

hello...
I ordered whole cake for the different units in my and hub's coy (1 whole cake per unit). Other than that, only immediate families were invited to eat out. This is to limit contact with baby. LOL

G'm looking forward to the day where they can sttn!!
When they can start and start walking, you'll wish that they are still babies who are still so mobile. The madness will come when they start walking and your eyes have to be pinned on their whereabouts. Really bo eng wan.

I am also waiting for them to sleep through the night. Now I am panda everyday.
My #2 just started sleeping through 4 days ago at 7 months. Must jia you wor. You are reaching that milestone soon!

Last edited:
ya ya....I agree he has awesome stitching skills..it's 4th day for me and I am feeling fine.
Yours is mild tear or THH did episiotomy?

I tried lataction cookie from this website. Www.slb.sg. My supply super low but after taking increase bit n look thicker. I don't mind eating cos very yummy n they have muffin too.
Lactation cookies are very fattening le. I abandoned the whole pack after reading up on the nutritional facts. LOL

I'm currently unemployed since mid of my Ivf journey last year. So not entitled to ML. Feel like full time unpaid cow on duty now lol
Consider being a SAHM? You'll really get more time with the child as compared to the mad rush if you are still working. And cannot say unpaid la. For the momenet, it is unpaid. Once baby starts to coo, smile and respond to you, all these are worth it.

10pcs????? Woah i cannot stomach them. Not easy to lose the additional pounds.
From what i understand from lactation consultant and THH, the main driver for higher supply is carbs and protein, but still need balanced meal. So i think dun overly rely on lactation cookies coz of the sugar content. Baby might be hyperactive if you feed BM at night. You've tried other alternatives?

10pcs????? Woah i cannot stomach them. Not easy to lose the additional pounds.
From what i understand from lactation consultant and THH, the main driver for higher supply is carbs and protein, but still need balanced meal. So i think dun overly rely on lactation cookies coz of the sugar content. Baby might be hyperactive if you feed BM at night. You've tried other alternatives?

Last time rolled oats soaked overnight in fresh milk seems to work for me. Only thing was I was scared to drink too much dairy in case my boy is allergic or kena ezcema, cos got family history. All the other soups/papaya/coconut oil/fish didn't work for me. Oh, n these pills really worked wonders for me too, "more milk special blend" by Motherslove from Mother & Child @ Tanglin Mall. It has fennel n fenugreek n some other herbs inside. My supply increased by >50% after that, not sure if it's solely due to the pills or cos the supply finally kicked in (I was abt week 5 then). My lactation consultant also say cannot skip the 11pm - 2am latching/pumping session, cos that's when our prolactin level is the highest. Plus, drink plenty of water of coz. Jia you!

Actually hor, talking about menstrual cramp, you can avoid it...once you hit 3cm dilation, you insist on epidural. For my recent case, the nurses thought I was mad when I was already 3cm dilated but not feeling any pain. I insisted and guess what? Even at 10cm dilation, I was not feeling any pain, just numbness...so...hehehe.....

I think to me there's also the concern on the what-ifs no dilation occurs coz that's what happend to my sis. Stuck at 4cm and her cervix was swollen end up e-csec. Double the suffering. Ah! and not forgetting I've got piles too....I really don't wan to suffer that! hahaha

But if you don't feel any pain, hard to push rite? My fren also can't feel anything end up her gyne must use forceps.

Yup yup...mine started smiling at 10 weeks and really melts our heart! Sometimes I look back at their emborys pix and still cannot believe they've come real human beings in our arms! All the injections, TCM, binge eating all the egg whites etc etc are all worth it! hahaha...now the prob is, I've still got 1xD3 and 1xBlast....for now we've continued to store. But whether we want a #3....I really doubt so but if feels like 'killing' a life indirectly if we decide to discard next year....sign.

Hahaha I not so onz la! I dun latch them and didn't want to start either. So I just give whatever that I pumped out. I gave myself only 28 days for my pumping career so didn't expect that I'll exceed that till today. :D

But how come your 'well' is drying up esp when you've been pumping regularly?

I ordered whole cake for the different units in my and hub's coy (1 whole cake per unit). Other than that, only immediate families were invited to eat out. This is to limit contact with baby. LOL

When they can start and start walking, you'll wish that they are still babies who are still so mobile. The madness will come when they start walking and your eyes have to be pinned on their whereabouts. Really bo eng wan.

My #2 just started sleeping through 4 days ago at 7 months. Must jia you wor. You are reaching that milestone soon!

Yaaa! I guess every milestone has its pros and cons. I shudder at the thought on having to make the whole house child-safe proof. And it doesn't help to have 2 of the same age cruising kiddos around the house! :eek:

I think to me there's also the concern on the what-ifs no dilation occurs coz that's what happend to my sis. Stuck at 4cm and her cervix was swollen end up e-csec. Double the suffering. Ah! and not forgetting I've got piles too....I really don't wan to suffer that! hahaha

But if you don't feel any pain, hard to push rite? My fren also can't feel anything end up her gyne must use forceps.

That happened to me too. The nurse/midwife kept asking me to push when I feel the contraction but I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't really push also. I think it's common with epidural. Haha. My friend's midwife and gynae looked at the contraction chart and asked her to push accordingly. But I dun rem mine referred to the chart at all. They just count and I push. Maybe too chaotic then.

Back