2016/07 July babies

Now is abt 1am n I'm up to feed baby as this is her feeding time. Think I missed the 11-12mn dream feed time n she sure wakes up 3 hr later to ask for milk.. Sian..

She had hers at 2am and actually I hope she'll ask for milk at 5am since she missed out 2 feeds yesterday...so hope she'll drink more today.

She had hers at 2am and actually I hope she'll ask for milk at 5am since she missed out 2 feeds yesterday...so hope she'll drink more today.

Don't worry. If she doesn't have enough calories today she will wake for more.

That's why sometimes we do dream feed to get more calories into them and hopefully they do not need any calories at nite and STTN!

I wanted to feed my bb at 12mn but no1 woke up so I woke my HB to attend to him, while I hide in the room. While hiding I overslept and bb finally cried at 1245am.

130am HB still unable to get no1 to sleep, so I went to accompany no1, until he finally slept at 3am. Now my body aching due to the squeezing with no1 on a single mattress.

Gonna nap and wait for next wail for baby. Pls let it be after 4am! Zzzzz

Tuna oh that's great, going to start on mother's milk tml :)

Didn't try other pump, I have two size of flanges 24mm and 27mm.. Both give same amount. I wondering is it becoz I did a surgery to remove breast lump about 8yrs ago .. Will this affect my supply ?

Oh I see, I dun really know. Maybe can ask lactation consultant or breast doc who did ur surgery?

Regarding flange size, it Shld be 2-3mm wider than the nipple diameter. My friend changed hers and got 20-30ml more...

I coax my LO to sleep juz now and she managed to have her milk at 2am n it's 5am now and she is really punctual. She cried abt 15 mins ago n woke me up. I changed her diaper n she went back to sleep n hopefully she wakes up 30 mins later after my pumping session..
@redvel: isnt it better if your LO doesn't wake up at 5am for milk? At least you can sleep more.. If u are worried give her more during the day. I dun think it will do any harm if she misses any of her feed. If they r hungry they will cry for milk.
@candymoshi: so did your LO sleep till 4am n ask for milk or he sleeps longer Coz he knows his mummy only managed to catch some sleep at 3am?

I bottled feed my LO. He drink very slow. Should I upgrade his teat size? Btwn how frequent do you change the teat. Today he still decide to skip his midnight feed. Wake up at 4.30am for milk. Last feed 9pm. Took 100ml FM. Hope this go on n wake up at 5.30am. Just nice for me to get up for work.

Emk, so how do you feed your bb? I mean as I also have low milk supply, and I can't pump regularly alone at home, and also bb is not a good/long latcher, I try my best to express and feed ebm in the day. At night then give fm. But most days also have to give some fm feed in the day.

Typically I can pump only every 4-5hrs when baby is cooperative. Else that will be extended.
I will feed him ebm from 8am to 6pm and fm from 6pm onwards. My baby drink 70-80ml and I pump 5 hourly, so one pump session can get 70ml which is enough for 1 feeding. 8am-6pm is about 5 feeding and I pump 5 times a day.
Yes I got 妈妈手 during mid of my confinement till now, went for acupuncture and feel better but now back again. Need to find time to go for acupuncture again.

@gan oh I see, not sure lump will affected or not Coz I did surgery on both breast so cannot compare also haha

@piglet wow your baby can sleep through the night, so good. Last night i try to drag his normal sleeping time at 8plus to 9 plus. But he still wake up for milk at 1am and 4am.

My gal wakey at 6am and could only drink 50ml. Halfway had da bomb in the diaper and after changing she prefers to ko again.

Hope she is more awake today to drink more. Irony that sometimes I wish she sleeps more so I have time to get stuff done around at home. Today is the other way round.

@candymoshi: so did your LO sleep till 4am n ask for milk or he sleeps longer Coz he knows his mummy only managed to catch some sleep at 3am?

He got the memo! He woke up at 445am... Then 7am.. Now getting no1 ready for childcare... He still dun want to wake up. Can't be helped, he woke up for 2hrs in the night. Poor thing!

Hehe got the memo. I'm still waiting for her to receive the memo too to wake at 9am to drink and bathe.

My gal wakey at 6am and could only drink 50ml. Halfway had da bomb in the diaper and after changing she prefers to ko again.

Hope she is more awake today to drink more. Irony that sometimes I wish she sleeps more so I have time to get stuff done around at home. Today is the other way round.
Maybe she don't want milk. Wake up due to stomache.

My boy wake up at 4.30am for milk. Now 7am wake to fuss awhile to say bye bye to my nos.1. Milk time at 7.30am. Now back to his beauty sleep. Me fast wash up n pump before he wake up for bath n next feed again

My gal just had her milk bath.....in my Kancheong ness to feed her as she was crying when I was pumping, I didn't close the milk bottle properly and all 70ml fresh ebm was poured all over her.....

Gosh..heartache

Oh I see, I dun really know. Maybe can ask lactation consultant or breast doc who did ur surgery?

Regarding flange size, it Shld be 2-3mm wider than the nipple diameter. My friend changed hers and got 20-30ml more...
Later I go measure :) today so tired ..bring my baby to polyclinic for vaccine at 8am..
U very good leh can cope with two kids haha at first my hub keep saying want to have 4 kids and I prefer 2. Now he is seriously consider one is enough .. He didn't want to repeat this stage again hahaha

Later I go measure :) today so tired ..bring my baby to polyclinic for vaccine at 8am..
U very good leh can cope with two kids haha at first my hub keep saying want to have 4 kids and I prefer 2. Now he is seriously consider one is enough .. He didn't want to repeat this stage again hahaha
Hahaha one is too few tho! I believe children should have siblings to grow up together! Dun need 4 lah, just 2 will do haha...

The thing is, women (and some men) are forgetful. Soon your LO will become toddlers and u will find having children so fun and cute and u will be in this situation again and wondered, why did u decide to have no2! Hahahahaha 过来人。

I just tried dream feed 10mins ago for first time (mainly because she still isn't drinking enough for the day today. I think). It's kinda serene to watch her sleeping and drinking at same time. She gulped down fast though. Will see how long her next sleep will last.

I just tried to dream feed too and it's harder to feed him when he is sleepy. Suckle super fast, choke, refuse to open his mouth. Suckle and spit it out... Feed is incomplete, I wonder how many hrs he will sleep...

My mum told me baby turn one month don't need to wear mitten anymore, I try to remove my baby mitten but he seems not use to it. He feel so insecure and cry, then I let him wear the mitten he stop crying. Anyone still let your baby wear mitten?

My boy still wearing mittens. Cos his nails are so sharp. Mayb u can try removing it and talk to him. Let him hold ur fingers.

Nap time put back so that he can feel secure? My baby doesn't have any response where I remove mittens to bathe him...

My mum told me baby turn one month don't need to wear mitten anymore, I try to remove my baby mitten but he seems not use to it. He feel so insecure and cry, then I let him wear the mitten he stop crying. Anyone still let your baby wear mitten?
I remove my gal's mittens after confinement and she seems ok. She does have the occasional scratch on her face though I trim her nails but I thought good to remove so that she can discover her hands...

Anyone going back to work soon? I am going back end sept as taking 12 weeks of ml first..... Kind of Sianz to think of going back work after spending 24/7 with the baby these few weeks

Anyone going back to work soon? I am going back end sept as taking 12 weeks of ml first..... Kind of Sianz to think of going back work after spending 24/7 with the baby these few weeks
Me too. Took 12wk of ML. Going back to work mid sept. Left abt 3wks to rest

I dread the day of going back work because I know I will miss her while away in the day.

After some discussion, we will explode IFC. Will be going to view Cherie Hearts tomorrow. If goes well, I will place LO there after 3 months old which means likely I will take full 4 months ML.

I haven't remove mittens but will be soon. Have to cut her nails first. I look forward to seeing her exploring her hands.

Hahaha one is too few tho! I believe children should have siblings to grow up together! Dun need 4 lah, just 2 will do haha...

The thing is, women (and some men) are forgetful. Soon your LO will become toddlers and u will find having children so fun and cute and u will be in this situation again and wondered, why did u decide to have no2! Hahahahaha 过来人。
That is what happen to me and I had 3!!!!! Why I so forgetful???

I dread the day of going back work because I know I will miss her while away in the day.

After some discussion, we will explode IFC. Will be going to view Cherie Hearts tomorrow. If goes well, I will place LO there after 3 months old which means likely I will take full 4 months ML.

I haven't remove mittens but will be soon. Have to cut her nails first. I look forward to seeing her exploring her hands.
I m also considering Cheri hearts and sparkletots...have viewed both when expecting. Hoping to go sparkletots, register online but coz kinky sending her there in jan next year, they have not contacted me if there is vacancy

I'm taking full 4 months ml.. So going back 3 week of oct. I also haven remove the Mittin but she doesn't react when I took them off when I'm bathing her. I really afraid that she might scratch herself Coz her nails are sharp through I have trimmed her nails. Maybe will try to remove and see her reaction when she is awake.

Piglet02 what is your childcarr arrangement for baby?
My No.1 in CC. My mum help me with baby during the daytime. Morning will send nos.1 to cc then bb to my mum place. Evening Time pick nos.1 to my mum place for dinner. Then after that all go home sleep.

Last edited:
My boy doesn't mind when we take off his mittens too. He will hold the bathtub when we bathe him too. Looks like a boss sitting inside the tub sometimes. :p

I'm also taking about 12 weeks of ML, going back on 01 October. Left about a month to go, and I'm already dread going back. Especially the pumping frequency will be affected, and I won't be able to see my boy for the whole day. :(

My gal starts to grab things around like our fingers and hankies etc. time to remove mittens indeed. She seems ok to have them removed during bath time.

I'm still using the bath seat in the tub. Wasn't confident to bathe initially. I'm thinking I should start trying without from today!

Regarding mittens. I have taken off baby's mittens and socks after confinement. CL told me that it is better to do so as it helps baby develop motor skills. Baby has been learning to grab fists and throw punches. Sometimes we get pinched and kicked too!

I do wear them back and pair with long sleeves one suit when we switch on aircon at night.

As for sharp nails, I find myself buffing the sharp edges everyday. Not sure what you guys are using, but I am using this purchased from Qoo. It is safe and I think it's about $25. image.jpeg

That is what happen to me and I had 3!!!!! Why I so forgetful???
Haha u make me laugh out loud
I just disturb my hub that he may forget about it and have another one, he said ' my stand now still one is enough ' haha let see :p
Oh ya I taking 16ml and 2 weeks annual leave and also clear my childcare leave. Will be back to work on 18 nov :) still got two months plus to rot at home haha
When I remove mitten during bath, my baby all fingers will curl up and try to grab the air and his facial expression change then start to cry haha just now while my hub feed my baby milk then I quietly remove his mitten and trim all his nail :p

I'm sending no2 to IFC starting Nov, so 1st week he will be on half day. Will return to work in the 2nd week.
Bopian bcos IFC no earlier vacancy...

Total 16w ML + 3w AL...

I m waiting to see if there can b a chance (older kids move to playgroup earlier, or withdrawal from other parents who find IFC not suitable) hope not to touch my AL.

I will cut her nails later while she sleeps!

Gan, you're sending your LO to IFC only at 6mths isit ? IIRC. I wish I can do that. 3months old like still so little. No choice then.

Candi, I think I will steal your plan by putting her half day for a week first. After that full day for second week. Then I return work.

I will cut her nails later while she sleeps!

Gan, you're sending your LO to IFC only at 6mths isit ? IIRC. I wish I can do that. 3months old like still so little. No choice then.

Candi, I think I will steal your plan by putting her half day for a week first. After that full day for second week. Then I return work.
Just cut her nails!
My mum will help me look after her till dec, so she wld start IFC in jan.... Initially was also planning to send her when she is 3 months old. The sparkletot I went they have babies at 2 months old!

Mummies can check out redmArt, think their diapers price quite reasonable if you buy in carton, some ore free delivery ! Hahaha sometimes I am so bored at home that I do all sorts of on line shopping....
Or when I pump, shop too

I'm sending no2 to IFC starting Nov, so 1st week he will be on half day. Will return to work in the 2nd week.
Bopian bcos IFC no earlier vacancy...

Total 16w ML + 3w AL...

I m waiting to see if there can b a chance (older kids move to playgroup earlier, or withdrawal from other parents who find IFC not suitable) hope not to touch my AL.
How do you confirm the place in IFC? You did that before delivery?

I have like endless chores. So when bb sleeps, I will do chores or also sleep. Not much chance to online shop lor.

Gan, does that site carry mamypoko?

Actually I'm quite clueless about IFC registration. Also we thot mil will be taking care of bb but seems not. So nothing was done so far till now. When I called the IFC to ask if they have vacancy, she says yes as two babies are graduating from infant side. But I wonder if that will be given to those whom have registered online way before first. Anyway go tomorrow to find out more.

This is a requirement by the IFC that I'm putting my kids in. First 3 days only half day to let the baby get used to it. IFC no vacancy, so my no2 going in at 4.5mo. My no1 went in at 3.5mo. If can put at 2mo I surely put haha!
Mummies can check out redmArt, think their diapers price quite reasonable if you buy in carton, some ore free delivery ! Hahaha sometimes I am so bored at home that I do all sorts of on line shopping....
Or when I pump, shop too

U guys can also try Kim Sang Luv Babies for diapers and milk powder cartons sales. Free delivery Abt $200... My no1 milk powder alr $400 per carton...

How do you confirm the place in IFC? You did that before delivery?
I went to chope space when I conceived. It's the same IFC as my no1...

During no1's time i was in the waiting list... Went to source when 6mo pregnant. But when 2mo want to register they say no vacancy. I freaked out cos I need to return to work. Some one gave up and I was next...

I have like endless chores. So when bb sleeps, I will do chores or also sleep. Not much chance to online shop lor.

Gan, does that site carry mamypoko?

Actually I'm quite clueless about IFC registration. Also we thot mil will be taking care of bb but seems not. So nothing was done so far till now. When I called the IFC to ask if they have vacancy, she says yes as two babies are graduating from infant side. But I wonder if that will be given to those whom have registered online way before first. Anyway go tomorrow to find out more.
Yes they have mamy poko but I bought pampers, 1 carton of 4 packs of s diapers at $63, works out 0.27/diaper, cheaper than mamy poko

My friend told me q10 also have cheaper diapers. Then have some kind of coupon to offset. But I've never done shopping at q10 before not too sure how to go about it.

My friend told me q10 also have cheaper diapers. Then have some kind of coupon to offset. But I've never done shopping at q10 before not too sure how to go about it.
Yea Q10 is cheaper even without the coupon offset. I download the q10 app and create account. U can type mamy poko on search bar and click on the seller with the most review. And select the type of products like size, mamy poko extra dry tape. and add to cart.
ImageUploadedByForum1472025377.512691.jpg

Redvel it will be good to visit the ifc before u decide to put your baby with them. To look at the environment, and ask them the ratio of one care taker to how many baby etc etc And if u are interested u can fill up your particular and will be put on waiting list if no vacancy. They will call you up if there is a vacancy.

So do you give a little more when you dream feed?

Or should I say give them more milk for their last feed?

Btw are your calculating on how much fm to give to your lo base on their weight? My cl was feeding them 110ml and the pd say that was way too much. So now I give 90ml.

Thanks

I bought milk powder n mammy poko diaper at Kim Seng. My nos.1 wear XXL. 1pk for pull up /taper $10.00. The cheapest. Even qoo10 also more x.

So do you all also remove the booties other than mittens? Will be cold cold or not if don't cover the feet?

So do you give a little more when you dream feed?

Or should I say give them more milk for their last feed?

Btw are your calculating on how much fm to give to your lo base on their weight? My cl was feeding them 110ml and the pd say that was way too much. So now I give 90ml.

Thanks

I find that he drinks lesser when dream feed, bcos he is not awake... If feeding BM, I suggest dun waste ba?

Back