P3 son very badly behave

jeryl_bb

Hi my son is currently in P3 n i notice his behaviour is from bad to worse. He is starting to use valgurities n he often submitted his homework late at school. His results is dropping and im really at loss. Im thinking of sending him to attend church on Sunday. Is it true that children who attend church are more well behave?

Hi,
Is he changing from good to bad to worst? From my experience, my son is very naughty and did improve on his character by keeping explaining and telling him what is wrong and what everyone dont like. Kids are like a blank paper, they tend to learn whatever they can, but maybe he learns all the wrong things.
For me, I will keep telling him why I am angry or instead of me telling him, I will ask him to tell me what are his mistakes that lead me to angry. I will also tell him why am I so frustrated with his attitude or character and will explain to him and reminded him again and again.
Attending church is to discipline him and taught him what is right and wrong. How to be a better person. I am also a Catholic and I believe both will helps.
Hope it helps.

Hi mine too, I have a p3 girl n it's not helping that I have birth 2 months ago n have no time to guide her in her work nor spend more time with her at home , iim always so busy with the lil bro n tired when her bro is Aslp. Started getting complains from teacher about her INcompleted hw n failed test revision paper. Her ting xie grades dropped drastically . Probably due to me always coaching n remind her that she couldn't be independent n initially enough now to do n revise her work. Keep telling lies too.. N make big mess at home v irresponsible towards her own belongings n self care. N looking after her bro just makes me more frustrated with her that I yelled at her n said v sarcastic words which in turn discourages her... Haiz I really hope she could improve though but running low on patience cos we have tried talking to her nicely, reminding her n nagging at her till it escalates into yelling again

I have tried to be patient with my son n talk nicely to him but patience wear off n i keep shouting at him n scolding him. I keep receiving calls from teachers that he never submitted his work.

Hi 3p1m,
I think your gal is also trying to catch your attention, esp you have just given birth. She feels neglect and no one loves her. I think yelling at her wont help in anything, only makes her more mischief. She will feel no one cares about her, so she will slowly divert her mind and decided to stay in school if possible. Of course every parent is busy and tired, but what can we do? If we intend to give birth to them, we have to talk to them nicely and explain why she is being scolded and why is she punished by u. Kids need to remind again and again, and not only once or twice. Give her sometime. Are you a housewife? If so, do you think you can afford a maid to ease your burden? If not possible, try to bring her to playground with your newborn baby, so she can play and you can also take care of your new born baby at the same time.

Hi jeryl_bb,
My son also always never pass up work, but after being complainted once, I informed the teacher to update me if they need my help, so that I can ensure he will finish his work and passed up on time. Now the teachers will update me if they need my guidance and attention on him. I think it will help, rather than you keep on receiving calls from school and he has been scolded by you and the teachers and also get punished in school for not passing up his work. Kids need more praise than scolding, or else they will not realised praising is so nice and proud about it. Try out and see whether it helps.

Back