Makeup during ivf process?

jeslyn1983

I knw its better to avoid during et n er. But Is it safe to use makeup products, perfume, deodarant, etc during ivf procedures lik stimms?

I knw its better to avoid during et n er. But Is it safe to use makeup products, perfume, deodarant, etc during ivf procedures lik stimms?
I used makeup during stims but cut out the perfume. Cause I can't do without makeup in the office and I do simple makeup like bb cream and some blusher. My bb cream is also paraben-free.

But I cut everything out from ER onwards. Advisable to do so as well since the embryo doesn't take well to fragrances. Even shampoos and bathing stuff, I used those without strong fragrances. On HL at home, there isn't a need for me to put on makeup. But anyway if you need to, the doc didn't say we need to stay away.

Wat brands would b consider safe? I heard skinfood, the simple, innisfree, etude house. How bout deodorant? I cant live wo perfume..haha

Wat brands would b consider safe? I heard skinfood, the simple, innisfree, etude house. How bout deodorant? I cant live wo perfume..haha
I went to check the ingredients. But only after I got my BFP. Prob will be useful to you soon so just sharing here. ;)

Methylparaben is the most common form of paraben used. There are other forms of paraben, starting with iso- or phenol-. I use laneige bb cushion which is paraben-free. Now limiting myself to only nature republic's aloe Vera gel for moisturizing. I'm still looking for a paraben-free toner. For sunblock, use a physical sunblock (look for titanium dioxide or zinc oxide). For days I go without makeup, I use cetaphil daily facial moisturizer, has SPF and is paraben-free.

Other than parabens, there's also other bad chemicals, which is even more impt not to use. In a nutshell, avoid products with acne-busting, anti-aging and even whitening properties.

Many pregnant ladies just use normal, I'm just planning to be more cautious in first tri since we are IVF-ers.

For IVF itself , I don't think need to restrict so badly but do what you can, if you feel good about it. :)

This link will be helpful: http://www.wildmintshop.com/learn/safe-skincare-during-pregnancy.asp

I also heard about simple, some products of innisfree. Not sure about etude house and skin food tho.

actually when during the ivf journey like er, et i still use make up but not perfum, dedorant ok, but when preggy seldom use perfum as very turn off by the smell and also when preggy/stimulations dun use products which contains aha or fruit acids or pimple cream type

actually when during the ivf journey like er, et i still use make up but not perfum, dedorant ok, but when preggy seldom use perfum as very turn off by the smell and also when preggy/stimulations dun use products which contains aha or fruit acids or pimple cream type
Any specific brands to tk note?

Brands hmm no specific but..say eg no whitening series or peeling AXA or with lots a chemical stuffs. I personally avoid loreal garnier face care products.

Saw so many prods wif paraben. Even curent im usin also gt. Nd switch to smeting safer alrdy. In fact, I saw the simple prods gt paraben in sme of its series

I asked my tcm. She says as long as paraben free shd b fine. No nd specifically go organic
Very difficult to find organic also. And costly. Save the money for your future baby. My rule of thumb is as long as the item is washed off and doesn't stay on my body for long periods of time, I'm ok. So only makeup and face care, I'll be more fussy.

Very difficult to find organic also. And costly. Save the money for your future baby. My rule of thumb is as long as the item is washed off and doesn't stay on my body for long periods of time, I'm ok. So only makeup and face care, I'll be more fussy.
Don mind can share wat kinda comestic u n skincare u using currently?

Don mind can share wat kinda comestic u n skincare u using currently?
Oh I mentioned in my earlier post, I retained very few items lol. Laneige bb cushion, cetaphil daily facial moisturizer, nature republic aloe Vera gel, this spray I bought from Taiwan made from a vegetable. I read articles it's better to use products from reputable brands.

I went to check the ingredients. But only after I got my BFP. Prob will be useful to you soon so just sharing here. ;)

Methylparaben is the most common form of paraben used. There are other forms of paraben, starting with iso- or phenol-. I use laneige bb cushion which is paraben-free. Now limiting myself to only nature republic's aloe Vera gel for moisturizing. I'm still looking for a paraben-free toner. For sunblock, use a physical sunblock (look for titanium dioxide or zinc oxide). For days I go without makeup, I use cetaphil daily facial moisturizer, has SPF and is paraben-free.

Other than parabens, there's also other bad chemicals, which is even more impt not to use. In a nutshell, avoid products with acne-busting, anti-aging and even whitening properties.

Many pregnant ladies just use normal, I'm just planning to be more cautious in first tri since we are IVF-ers.

For IVF itself , I don't think need to restrict so badly but do what you can, if you feel good about it. :)

This link will be helpful: http://www.wildmintshop.com/learn/safe-skincare-during-pregnancy.asp

I also heard about simple, some products of innisfree. Not sure about etude house and skin food tho.

Hey babe. I found a paraben free toner.eucerin. Mayb u could chk it out. :)

Back