Baby's Inc - Infant Care

Hi jacquise,

My DD has been with LE (infant) since 30 Jul 09 and so far I am pleased with the teachers there. Some of the infant side teachers are from BI and some of them had taken care of my son 5 years ago. Thus, I am pretty comfortable with them.

As for management wise, I found it much better than that of BI's.

hi all,

i m due to deliver in 1-2 months.. and is looking at sending my kid to BI when he turns 2-3mths old.

from reading the thread so far, BI is quite good for infants but when they reach toddlers' stage, it will be better to source for another childcare centre with more enrichment activities.. is that right??

Hello all,

I'm due in June...Just would like to browse for infant care..I live in Sengkang currently.. is there any good ones around here or closer. And wat are the cost roughly for infant cares.

I'm new to these things.. =) thnx in advance!

hi, please check out the financial policies with each infantcare before you commit. some of them are unfair, and even if you find out the infant care is unsuitable - due to safety, hygiene reasons, you won't be able to get your deposit back. some childcare/infant care allows the deposit to be fully refunded (it must be in black and white), most will keep your deposit if you change your mind - even if they are at fault.

Babies are sophisticated so their products should also be and I think that choosing baby care products is very important work for parents because they have to decide whether the product will suit them or not and its good for them or not.
baby cradles

hi ladies, would any one of you know of a good infant care in admiralty or woodlands area, please? (baby below 6 months)

I withdraw my 8 months old twin from babies inc after the 4th day. I send them two and a half day, pay $2500 after subsidy. I was not comfortable of the cleanliness of the school, but quite like the curriculum. My son fall sick on the 3rd day, he just being expose to daycare center which is understandable. My daughter continues to attend the infant care the 4thd day. Normally I will let them bring the whole tin of milk powder to the center, but that particular day, I pack 2 small formula containers for my daughter, since my son was staying home.

I asked this caregiver, name Ree who I was told worked there for 2 years. How’s my daughter today? Did she drink her milk? She replied “ My daughter refuse to drink milk, she did try to get her to drink” I said well..,ok, if you have tried.

I asked for the milk bottle, she and another care giver could not locate it. So I search my daughter backpack, the milk bottle is in there as well as the 2 containers of milk formula which is not use at all. So I asked, how would you know my daughter refuse to drink milk if you don’t even make it for her, so meaning you just lie to me, and her reply was that she will feedback to the management.

Things turn very messy after with the babies inc. The only good caregiver is Nurse Ivy, she is very helpful, tried her very best to mend the situation. After some thoughts, we cannot send our babies there who only have one caregiver whom we would have trust.

If anyone thinking of sending their babies to babies inc, you are welcome to contact me via this forum.

If you are considering Babies Inc / Casa Montessori in Horse City for your child, I strongly DO NOT recommend this school. I just withdrew my 2 kids from there due to the following reasons:

1) Unhygienic and poorly maintained conditions - Very old wooden planks line up outside all the classrooms and when it rains heavily, the outdoor area is completely flooded. Many parents and myself have feed back to the management to change those wooden planks to concrete or anything else to provide better drainage system but until now, nothing has been done. I have seen frogs and all kinds of insects around that area whenever it rains. Their plastic playground equipment is completely worn out and has not been changed since my son joined the school in 2009.

2) Incompetent teachers - The trained montessori teachers in charge of the classes leave at 2.30pm daily, leaving the rest of the day with 'assistant teachers' who are either not qualified or foreigners who do not speak good English. The turnover of these 'assistant teachers' were very high. In 1 year, my children have had 5 assistant teachers who simply could not control the class. At one stage, there was a 21 year old assistant teacher who told me this was her first job and worse, she was not trained in early childhood development.

3) Ridiculous Mandarin lesson timings - there are only 2 mandarin sessions a day, at 8am-8.30am and 4.30-5pm. My kids rarely made it for these timings. There seem to be only 1 mandarin teacher teaching 4 classes.

4) Disorganised and disrespectful management - The management (i.e. the owner) called my husband and I for a meeting to discuss my childs' behaviour. We arrived 10 mins earlier, only to find out the meeting has been cancelled. No one had the decency to call or msg us before that to inform us of the cancellation. Fyi, my husband rushed down directly from the airport as soon as he landed in Singapore to attend this meeting. The head teacher regularly whatsapp me prior to this meeting on other matters. Surely she could have msged me about the cancellation. Also, they have yet to hire a new principal for the past 5 months.

5) Demoralised Staff - Teachers who have left the school have complained about the lack of benefits, low wages and unfair treatment.

6) After realising that it was a mistake to have both my children in the same class (as earlier advised by the head teacher that this is ok), I suggested moving my older son to the other class. Her response was “No definitely no. What would other parents think of me? That I’m a lousy teacher?” I leave you to decide whose interest she had at heart.

7) Open concept unisex toilet - Without the use of toilet doors, shower curtains and gender-specific toilets, children are not taught modesty in this school. When I addressed this issue, I was informed that it was a 'Montessori concept'. I think it is merely cost-savings.

I have since moved my children to a more established child care provider with a strong reputation and network (non-Montessori). Their teachers have been in this school for 9-11 years and my children are very happy there. Discipline is their utmost priority (which was sorely lacking at Babies Inc) and children play and learn well. My child has no behavioural problems in this new school so I have realised who and what the problem was. If you wish to find out more, please feel free to PM me.

My advice to parents is - Go for established schools. Do not send your children to centres with 1 or 2 outlets. And lastly, I personally do not think Montessori is anything special.

I withdraw my 8 months old twin from babies inc after the 4th day. I send them two and a half day, pay $2500 after subsidy. I was not comfortable of the cleanliness of the school, but quite like the curriculum. My son fall sick on the 3rd day, he just being expose to daycare center which is understandable. My daughter continues to attend the infant care the 4thd day. Normally I will let them bring the whole tin of milk powder to the center, but that particular day, I pack 2 small formula containers for my daughter, since my son was staying home.

I asked this caregiver, name Ree who I was told worked there for 2 years. How’s my daughter today? Did she drink her milk? She replied “ My daughter refuse to drink milk, she did try to get her to drink” I said well..,ok, if you have tried.

I asked for the milk bottle, she and another care giver could not locate it. So I search my daughter backpack, the milk bottle is in there as well as the 2 containers of milk formula which is not use at all. So I asked, how would you know my daughter refuse to drink milk if you don’t even make it for her, so meaning you just lie to me, and her reply was that she will feedback to the management.

Things turn very messy after with the babies inc. The only good caregiver is Nurse Ivy, she is very helpful, tried her very best to mend the situation. After some thoughts, we cannot send our babies there who only have one caregiver whom we would have trust.

If anyone thinking of sending their babies to babies inc, you are welcome to contact me via this forum.

Yes Nurse Ivy is very good. She has been working there for years. Their infant care has seen quite a change of caregivers but recently have been stabilized with more committed staff. School premise is good, as it is spacious and the children get lots of space to explore. The ratio of caregivers to the infants is also very good, almost 1:2.

Highly recommended Apollo international preschool. School is very new and clean. Nurses are very caring. Complimentary Dinner provided. Cirriculum is interesting too.

Back