Delivering at Mount Elizabeth Novena hospital

Roland is my gynae too. He is a cool chap. Laughs a lot and really keen to help me. He doesn't insists on a specific treatment but rather lays down all the options for you to choose what to do. A bit ex though.

Roland is my gynae too. He is a cool chap. Laughs a lot and really keen to help me. He doesn't insists on a specific treatment but rather lays down all the options for you to choose what to do. A bit ex though.
Wow quite a number opt for Dr Roland it seems.
How much is his cost? Per visit? Package? How's the payment like?

Wow quite a number opt for Dr Roland it seems.
How much is his cost? Per visit? Package? How's the payment like?
1st visit is $100 then subsequently $80? The package starts from week 16. Can call and check his rates. I really do like him cos I feel that he doesn't impose on parents his advices. He let the parents make the call and stand by us. I feel truly at ease with him.

Hello. I had my 2nd child at Mt E Novena, C-section. My total bill was $6k+including baby charges, excluding my dr's fee.

Attached is the brochure on their maternity packages. Note, if you deviate from the package (eg. extra night for normal delivery, etc), your charges will sky-rocket coz there's no discount on their per-night stay.

I chose Mt E Novena coz it's newer and cheaper* than TMC, and I like that there's plenty of parking lots for my hubby and guests, plus it's next to Novena train station. I also like the natural lighting that fills the room during the day - it does get a little too bright & hot though.

But, I wouldn't recommend Mt E Novena for first-time mummies. Their staff may be experienced but they don't seem to work "together". Lots of screw-ups, food was terrible (I found TMC to be much better), admission and check-out/billing process sucks big time (TMC brought the bill to my room to check on the day I checked out), night-time nurses and care is not as good as TMC.

*TMC charges extra for your spouse to stay with you.
$6k+ as in total cash fork out?

Hi irene,

Can I know more about Dr Wendy.
Your personal experience with her and what are her charges like?

Thanks in advance.

She is good. Detailed, patient and knowledgable . Charges.. I don't really remember . Gotta dig out the receipts. Think her package is $900+ from 16 weeks. Unlimited visits. So if in between the schedule visits and you are not feeling well.. You can drop by. Personally I want a female gynae so she fits the bill. I was with another thomson gyane for 2 mths and she is terrible. Profit orientated and always in a rush. But dr Teo is very patient and gentle. Her normal delivery fees is $1700 - $1900...

Will review more after I give birth on 1st dec. going for induce

She is good. Detailed, patient and knowledgable . Charges.. I don't really remember . Gotta dig out the receipts. Think her package is $900+ from 16 weeks. Unlimited visits. So if in between the schedule visits and you are not feeling well.. You can drop by. Personally I want a female gynae so she fits the bill. I was with another thomson gyane for 2 mths and she is terrible. Profit orientated and always in a rush. But dr Teo is very patient and gentle. Her normal delivery fees is $1700 - $1900...

Will review more after I give birth on 1st dec. going for induce
Thanks so much for the reply. Im interested in female gynae too and u mentioned patient, gentle, detailed, well i might end up going for her too.

You take care ya! May u have the smoothest delivery.

Would love to hear reviews from you thereafter as well as the total bill.

Congratulations in advance! All the best!

Thanks so much for the reply. Im interested in female gynae too and u mentioned patient, gentle, detailed, well i might end up going for her too.

You take care ya! May u have the smoothest delivery.

Would love to hear reviews from you thereafter as well as the total bill.

Congratulations in advance! All the best!

Thanks dear ☺️

Hi all, I am back after giving birth on the 1st december. Here's my review.

Total bill for baby and mummy is ard $6.5k. After Medisave is $4k plus cash. Natural birth with epidural. Discharge procedures are fast, but difficult to get Birth certificate done there. Need book appt. so if you already have all your details, then get ur hubby to go book appt straight. There are only open from 130-430 coz not enough manpower too. Or you can get it done at ICA.

Personally, I am not impress with the service. They are really lack of people. I called for painkillers at 3am and they took 10mins to pass it to me. N it's 3am.. She be quite right?

The facilities are . You can be paying for the physical items like meals, toiletries, mini bar, comfy bed for hubby but definitely not the service of the people. Maybe I was too pampered for my last delivery at raffles.

The lactation nurses are no where to be seen . So in the end.. I didn't manage to get help. I waited for 4hrs after delivery to be wheeled to my room coz there was not enough people.

But there are points too. The nurses at delivery suite and nursery are fantastic. Only the wards ones are not so .

My gynae Dr Wendy Teo is very very good. I will sure go back to her but maybe I will choose MT A the next time. Now I am having back ache and numbness is my left leg.. Hope it's not the side effects of the epidural. Didn't have these when I gave birth at raffles hospital the last time. :(

Total bill for baby and mummy is ard $6.5k. After Medisave is $4k plus cash. Natural birth with epidural. Discharge procedures are fast, but difficult to get Birth certificate done there. Need book appt. so if you already have all your details, then get ur hubby to go book appt straight. There are only open from 130-430 coz not enough manpower too. Or you can get it done at ICA.

Personally, I am not impress with the service. They are really lack of people. I called for painkillers at 3am and they took 10mins to pass it to me. N it's 3am.. She be quite right?

The facilities are . You can be paying for the physical items like meals, toiletries, mini bar, comfy bed for hubby but definitely not the service of the people. Maybe I was too pampered for my last delivery at raffles.

The lactation nurses are no where to be seen . So in the end.. I didn't manage to get help. I waited for 4hrs after delivery to be wheeled to my room coz there was not enough people.

But there are points too. The nurses at delivery suite and nursery are fantastic. Only the wards ones are not so .

My gynae Dr Wendy Teo is very very good. I will sure go back to her but maybe I will choose MT A the next time. Now I am having back ache and numbness is my left leg.. Hope it's not the side effects of the epidural. Didn't have these when I gave birth at raffles hospital the last time. :(

any recommendation for PD? or they assigned you? going to deliver there next month! :)

any recommendation for PD? or they assigned you? going to deliver there next month! :)

Hi mommies im new to this thread, am thinking to choose to delivery at Mt E Novena too.
Read the previous comments and am afraid the lactation nurses are not too well experience coz my 1st baby didn't want to DL as she was in nicu and thus I didn't get much experience from DL from my 1st birth.
Thus with the 2nd pregnancy hope to do a DL, anyone can provide feedback if the lactation services at mt e novena good?

2. As my bb still needs to stay in nicu for some time to monitor, and most important to gain weight, the doc and nurses actually advised us on alternative such as to transfer bb to a restructured hospital in order to save cost.. the assistant director of nursing even shared based on her experience roughly how long my bb will need to stay in nicu and the rough cost if continues in MNH.. i personally prefer my bb to continue to stay there, have yet to check out the restructured hospitals... but the bill is really a worrying part..

@meowmummy86 Hello is it possible to switch NICU from private to say KKH? is that treated as private?

Hi fellow mummies. I'm also interested to know from experienced mummies what the bill total is for LA Elective C-Sect with 3 nights stay. Thank you. Looking forward to hospital tour I booked on 8 May.
Hi mummy, may i know ur experience deliver in mount E N? And how abt the costing? I planing have c-sec there too in coming Aug. Thank u:)

Hi mummy, may i know ur experience deliver in mount E N? And how abt the costing? I planing have c-sec there too in coming Aug. Thank u:)

Hi GXY,

I delivered my baby boy via elective csect with epidural in April this year. I am extremely pleased with the money I spent in exchanged of the service I got.

1) The medical team that tend to me at the operating theatre was super warm and encouraging. Especially my anaesthetist's encouragement, it was a big emotional support for me because the epidural process was kind of intense.

2) The nurses are all smiley and friendly. I received great care from them which was essential because I was at my weakest point. Always comes in fast upon calling them. There were about 9 or 10 other mummies in my level of ward and approximately 3-4 nurses on each duty it seems.

3) Lactation consultant is very experienced and knowledgable. I had engorgement on the 3rd day, even had slight fever. She patiently guided me and checked on me a couple of times a day until I got better. So grateful for that! And there was a free session of breast massage too.

4) My husband who stayed in with me was happy with his 5 meals a day, 5 star hotel-like staycation (hahaha). The sofa he slept on was pretty comfy, according to him.

5) The housekeeping lady, kind and attentive to my needs. Butlers who send our meals are polite and would not barge in your room. They knock and ask for permission to come in.

Last edited:
What I paid for was:

Mummy's bill: $6200+ (Medisave deducted $4400)

Baby's bill: $1500+ (Medisave deducted $1150)

Excludes my gynae's doctor fees because it's my gynae's practice to collect at his clinic. My total cash paid was approx. $2200, solely of hospital fees for the stay of 4D3N.

Hi
Hi GXY,

I delivered my baby boy via elective csect with epidural in April this year. I am extremely pleased with the money I spent in exchanged of the service I got.

1) The medical team that tend to me at the operating theatre was super warm and encouraging. Especially my anaesthetist's encouragement, it was a big emotional support for me because the epidural process was kind of intense.

2) The nurses are all smiley and friendly. I received great care from them which was essential because I was at my weakest point. Always comes in fast upon calling them. There were about 9 or 10 other mummies in my level of ward and approximately 3-4 nurses on each duty it seems.

3) Lactation consultant is very experienced and knowledgable. I had engorgement on the 3rd day, even had slight fever. She patiently guided me and checked on me a couple of times a day until I got better. So grateful for that! And there was a free session of breast massage too.

4) My husband who stayed in with me was happy with his 5 meals a day, 5 star hotel-like staycation (hahaha). The sofa he slept on was pretty comfy, according to him.

5) The housekeeping lady, kind and attentive to my needs. Butlers who send our meals are polite and would not barge in your room. They knock and ask for permission to come in.
Hi Mayochuu,

Thanks a lot for ur reply:) able to share the cost of ur delivery?

Hi

Hi Mayochuu,

What I paid for was:

Excludes my gynae's doctor fees because it's my gynae's practice to collect at his clinic. My total cash paid was approx. $2200, solely of hospital fees for the stay of 4D3N :)

Hi
Hi GXY,

Hi Mayochuu,

What I paid for was:

Excludes my gynae's doctor fees because it's my gynae's practice to collect at his clinic. My total cash paid was approx. $2200, solely of hospital fees for the stay of 4D3N :)

Thank u Mayochuu:)

What I paid for was:

Excludes my gynae's doctor fees because it's my gynae's practice to collect at his clinic. My total cash paid was approx. $2200, solely of hospital fees for the stay of 4D3N.

Hi mayochuu

That was quite a decent amount for a csec at mount e novena...
I am planning to give birth there also. But was told the payable cash will be around 6k+ after all the necessary deductions..

Hi mayochuu

That was quite a decent amount for a csec at mount e novena...
I am planning to give birth there also. But was told the payable cash will be around 6k+ after all the necessary deductions..

Hello :)

I paid roughly that amount too. My gynae's fee was 4k so plus the hospital cash I paid, adds up to 6k+ too. I guess your gynae's fees are paid in the hospital right? My was paid at his clinic thus I didn't calculate it as hospital cash.

Back