2016/07 July babies

How many here is latching and pumping?

I was pumping when CL was around to ease feeding. Now managed to transit LO to latch directly. I pump Abt 3 times a day now. I noticed my pump output getting lesser by the day (comparing from Monday day by day)...

Now I'm wondering if I should pump because I might not be able to produce enough by his next feed in 1hr. But LO did not clear breasts in the past 2 feeds. And if I dun pump, output will drop further.

Any tips from those who latch n pump too?

I was pumping when CL was around to ease feeding. Now managed to transit LO to latch directly. I pump Abt 3 times a day now. I noticed my pump output getting lesser by the day (comparing from Monday day by day)...

Now I'm wondering if I should pump because I might not be able to produce enough by his next feed in 1hr. But LO did not clear breasts in the past 2 feeds. And if I dun pump, output will drop further.

My baby is less than two weeks old. Since the day I discharged, I have been latching baby as much as possible (until 11pm), except night time where I will leave it to CL to take care.

I will head off to sleep until 2am to pump once and another time at 5-6am before new cycle begins at 7+ am again.

Recently, milk production has increased. So after feeding baby at 11pm, I will pump out all the remaining milk (which may not be a lot at times) before turning in.

I just tried something new today. I decided to keep baby by my bedside since we had established a fixed feeding pattern. 11pm-1am-4am. So between 11pm-1am, I slept and woke up at 1am to standby for cries. Likewise, since there are more breastmilk, I will just pump out so that my body can recognize the demand signal to produce even more.

My two cents worth

Latch on demand, and pump excess as well. I bought a Haakaa to aid in collecting milk from my leaky boob, it now doubles as my "pump". EBM for twilight feeds. Can't ignore pumping out excess as I will wind up engorged and have a hard time unblocking ducts the next feed.

I'm thinking how to juggle between latching and pumping, when CL leaves. What if bb fusses when I'm pumping then how to attend/carry her? (And hubby at work)

I'm thinking now if I should latch exclusively then top up with fm which is the norm (she now needs fm or ebm top up but thot if I should get away with ebm).

Funny qn : does your baby gag when she just put the nip into her mouth? Most times she does. Sometimes I can't help laughing at it... like my boob so disgusting meh.

I'm thinking how to juggle between latching and pumping, when CL leaves. What if bb fusses when I'm pumping then how to attend/carry her? (And hubby at work)

I'm thinking now if I should latch exclusively then top up with fm which is the norm (she now needs fm or ebm top up but thot if I should get away with ebm).

Funny qn : does your baby gag when she just put the nip into her mouth? Most times she does. Sometimes I can't help laughing at it... like my boob so disgusting meh.
She doesn't gag but wld sometimes frown and turn her head away.....hahaha yes like so disgusting!

I am doing exclusive pumping as my gal doesn't latch well ...her is more like sucking a pacifier ..my boobs are her pacifier...so when my gal cries, I have to stop pumping and pacify her first...so this wld actual drag the whole pumping process and cld be a mess as I cld be dripping while I pacify her

Alternatively...pump when the princess is sleeping

My baby gags sometimes and chokes due to fast let down, u can try a reclining position so the force of the spray is reduced ^_^

Initially I had an issue with her gnashing down on my nips when she gets too impatient or find the let down a little too slow, but after pinching her nose and making her unlatch a few times when she bites, she seems to have gotten the message and is much gentler now....cannot imagine when she starts teething, oh the horror.

Hi mummies,

Finally gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Friday evening after 25 hours of labour.

Was induced on 28 July as EDD was on 27 July and my weight has been constant the past 2 months so gynae suggested to induce asap. Was induced at 4pm and felt no contraction with only 1cm dilation till 3am where I felt slight contractions.

Gynae came and burst water bag at 8am. Contractions became very intense and laughing gas was of no help. Chickened out on natural delivery without epidural and requested for epidural at 1pm. Epidural really does the trick. Totally feel nothing at all. At 1pm was 2cm dilated only and after taking epidural, within 3 hours I was fully dilated at 4.25pm.

As my gynae had 2 other patients who were also fully dilated so I had to wait for my turn to push. Started pushing at 5+ and within 5 minutes baby was out!

Long long process and first time being a mum, the feeling when I get to hold my baby in my arms was indescribable..

Currently nursing my LO and I'm so glad she's latching so well. :)

Hi Rachel, congrats! Tonight will be my turn to induce. I am past my Edd too. Most probably will see my princess tomorrow. Hopefully everything goes well for natural birth.

I'm thinking how to juggle between latching and pumping, when CL leaves. W Nohat if bb fusses when I'm pumping then how to attend/carry her? (And hubby at work)

For my previous girls, I found it stressful expressing alone with just bb because you know she could wake anytime. I spend about 10 mins expressing each time, but gave up after a few days. So I latched all the time, and only expressed when hb is home. At times when I felt too full and leaky, I would use hand to express for relief, still faster than using a pump.

This bb also very often gives an extremely disgusted look when I latch her, and will keep turning her head away, don't know why. So glad I'm not the only one with this problem, haha! Always must latch a few times before it's successful.

@Minniera - have a smooth delivery.

Yowp! Just realised baby is 14 days old, and completely forgot about full month cakes! Any recommendations mummies??

Minniera and Rachelybq - Welcome to motherhood!

Today, I tried to change my daughter's diaper after her poo. I think I'm taking too long, my girl is crying and wriggling. I find it hard to wipe her clean completely, no matter how I clean there's some poo residue stuck in her private part ( don't know the correct term). Next week, I will try bathing her. Hope she will be cooperative.

Yowp! Just realised baby is 14 days old, and completely forgot about full month cakes! Any recommendations mummies??
I'm getting bengawan solo cake vouchers for relatives and friends. This is the easiest and if there's any left, we still can use it for our own consumption.

@candymoshi lol! I cracked up when I first read it on FB groups too XD

@starview you will be an expert in no time!

JTS, my neighbouring hospital bed mama recommend this diaper cream, Desitin, comes in blue and purple box, I used blue....use just a little bit can liow, last almost whole day! Better than drapolene if ur bb has sensitive skin like mine does..

I'm getting bengawan solo cake vouchers for relatives and friends. This is the easiest and if there's any left, we still can use it for our own consumption.
Yeah we thought of doing this but scared the older folks will say we "bo xim" ley....was looking at lulu's or chyn nonya....wah times have changed, no more those choc rice swiss or jelly top rectangle cakes liow hor? Feel damn outdated.

Desitin gets very good review. I apply a teeny bit at every diaper change.

Indeed now manyue cake box are so pretty. But I do miss those old fashion cut cakes!

Today the daddy snipped abit of his daughter hair. He said feel so heart pain :p

Yeah we thought of doing this but scared the older folks will say we "bo xim" ley....was looking at lulu's or chyn nonya....wah times have changed, no more those choc rice swiss or jelly top rectangle cakes liow hor? Feel damn outdated.
I orders lulu's for guests to take home after the full month party. Not bad, the packaging and food.

For colleagues I gave sweetest moment

Rich and good is very tempting... Bcos it's very yummy and value for money... I think order Swiss rolls for my colleagues haha.

And those gift boxes for my relatives who are coming. Last round I gave Sweetest Moments packages... Now considering between Sweetest, Lulu and Bengawan...

Rich n good Swiss roll is nice but their service very bad.

For cakes I order choz (hala) for relatives n friends. If order catering from neo garden, choz confectionery has 10% discount for the cake too. My colleagues I give voucher like bengwang or prima deli.

Gan1972: I remember In one of your previous post u were saying u are using spectra and also u had a steady supply now.
May I know if u are still using the massage function? How r u using the pump so that we can achieve the maximum of let down?
I'm doing 1 min of massage on one breast followed by 5 mins of expression. Then I will switch to another breast with 1 min of massage and 5 mins of expression. After that I will go back to the 1st breast and express for another 5 mins and followed by 2nd one with another 5 mins of expression. That will be a total of 22 mins.
May I know how r u pumping to get the good supply of milk?

Gan1972: I remember In one of your previous post u were saying u are using spectra and also u had a steady supply now.
May I know if u are still using the massage function? How r u using the pump so that we can achieve the maximum of let down?
I'm doing 1 min of massage on one breast followed by 5 mins of expression. Then I will switch to another breast with 1 min of massage and 5 mins of expression. After that I will go back to the 1st breast and express for another 5 mins and followed by 2nd one with another 5 mins of expression. That will be a total of 22 mins.
May I know how r u pumping to get the good supply of milk?
Hi I m still using the massage function ... N I usually pump till I don't see much milk being expressed in the breast before I move n to the next. For a start I have been pumping every 3 hours round the clock for fist 2 weeks, then subsequently drag a bit... So far the supply still ok, can pump about 120ml to 200ml plus depending on the interval. Total pumping time for each session wld be about 30 mins,

Hi I m still using the massage function ... N I usually pump till I don't see much milk being expressed in the breast before I move n to the next. For a start I have been pumping every 3 hours round the clock for fist 2 weeks, then subsequently drag a bit... So far the supply still ok, can pump about 120ml to 200ml plus depending on the interval. Total pumping time for each session wld be about 30 mins,

For me the express function doesn't seem more effective than the massage function when it comes to expressing the milk...just making my nipples more elongated through the process I felt

I try not to buy too much stuff since i practically received like the whole store from my sis on baby preloved items. But I went ahead to buy the uv sterilizer from baby fair yesterday. Call me suaku as I've never heard of it before till the nanny highly recommends it. Then i summoned the hubby to go to the fair to buy. The bottles will come out dry one. Don't need to wipe dry or air dry (which I don't prefer as its attracting dust in the open). Anyone using one?

Topic on hair drop : mil says baby hair will drop in time to come and that's when mummy hair will also drop at the same time. True for your #1?

I try not to buy too much stuff since i practically received like the whole store from my sis on baby preloved items. But I went ahead to buy the uv sterilizer from baby fair yesterday. Call me suaku as I've never heard of it before till the nanny highly recommends it. Then i summoned the hubby to go to the fair to buy. The bottles will come out dry one. Don't need to wipe dry or air dry (which I don't prefer as its attracting dust in the open). Anyone using one?

Topic on hair drop : mil says baby hair will drop in time to come and that's when mummy hair will also drop at the same time. True for your #1?
Redvel, which brand did u buy n how much is it? Thinking of buying this too...currently using steam sterilizer..is there any smell after uv sterilising ??

For steam, I just use the bottles without drying

It was true for me. Both bb and I, for both my girls, started dropping hair at around 3 mths. Bb stopped shedding after a couple of weeks, I, unfortunately, shedded for a few months.

True for me. Ard 3rd to 4th month...

It's quite farnie to see the bathtub with tiny hairs after bath.

And v frustrating to see the floor covered w hair too. I would miss my lustrous hair cos my hair tend to be fine and thin.

Last edited:
I din realized that the bb will be dropping their hair Coz I shave all my girls' hair. But for my own hair, yes it will be dropping like crazy esp when I wash my hair n comb my hair!

Just back from manyue, so tired. My breast soo hard and my LO recently don't like to latch. Maybe he too use to bottle feed. Sigh how to make him latch again ?

Just back from manyue, so tired. My breast soo hard and my LO recently don't like to latch. Maybe he too use to bottle feed. Sigh how to make him latch again ?

After CL left on Monday, I have been trying to latch my bb. Day 1 is almost 50%, day 2 80% latch n then after that is exclusive latch Liao. Mayb need to latch more n bottle feed less?

For engorged breast it might b hard for LO to latch. Mayb pump abit first then latch again...

I contacted jara petit to do a customized set. It will be a fusion of modern + traditional. Sample as attached below.

Top will be cheese jars + red eggs. Bottom box will be cheese cupcakes + ANG ku kueh.

image.jpeg

Today I cut down to 2 pump sessions cos I went out to attend a wedding. Came down w a blocked duct. Now pumping to clear it, I forgot how pain it was to have a blocked duct and bb pressing against it and having it throbbing. Back to pumping diligently...

Hope u have a happy manyue. Gonna have mine in 2 weeks time, haven done anything. Wanted to do but am feeling sleepy so been napping when bb naps.

The recommendations wld be helpful! ;)

I'm also very tired from manyue today mainly because we said farewell to the nanny just before we left to the party. Bb didn't want to sleep at the party so she was literally awake for 5hrs at least. Over stimulated and had a hard time making her sleep when home too. But finally she is sleeping now.

Wish me luck on our first solo night.

Candymoshi: I tot your bb already full month le Coz your CL left already. So u still left with 2 more weeks to full month ?
Redvel: how's your first solo night? Hopefully your bb did not tekan you..:)

Thanks for all the suggestions! For all the talking and planning, turns out hub and mil doesn't want to do manyue in 7th mth, doing 3mth cos mil say 100days is like funeral...make my head spin only. And she only wants to give voucher to friends who have given angpao, the rest invite to 3mth party.

Good thing I'm too tired and confused to bother with all their weird pattern. Before delivery both insist not pantang, deliver liow my guarantee all expire omg. +headspins+

Thanks for all the suggestions! For all the talking and planning, turns out hub and mil doesn't want to do manyue in 7th mth, doing 3mth cos mil say 100days is like funeral...make my head spin only. And she only wants to give voucher to friends who have given angpao, the rest invite to 3mth party.

Good thing I'm too tired and confused to bother with all their weird pattern. Before delivery both insist not pantang, deliver liow my guarantee all expire omg. +headspins+
Snowfern make use of this to rest...coz very tiring to plan for the full month and also the party! If doing 3 mth better , coz u wld have recuperate from delivery and more energy. Baby is bigger too and easier to handle

I was. Super tired after the full month although we only do a small one from 12-3 PM

Candymoshi: I tot your bb already full month le Coz your CL left already. So u still left with 2 more weeks to full month ?

I think you know my answer. Tiring. I haven't even have the chance to shower.

Make her sleep is not too hard but when we both chest to chest. Put her on cot she will wake n fuss. How? Please help advice.

My HB is involved in NDP and works in a church. Hence Sats he is not available and Sun he has to work. We r holding it on 13 August after NDP. My no1 bday is 12 August so we r having a combined celebration.

We r not pantang so we just decide the date and plan... I celebrated my no1's first bday 1 month after the actual day last year! Bad parents haha!

I think you know my answer. Tiring. I haven't even have the chance to shower.

Make her sleep is not too hard but when we both chest to chest. Put her on cot she will wake n fuss. How? Please help advice.

He has runny nose and coughing that's making him cranky and unable to sleep lying down..

I just carried my bb when I have lunch, until he is very deep in sleep. Finally managed to put him down since 9plus feed this morn...

He is up for a feed now, let's see if I can put him down again... Else I will have a bad bad night...

My baby doesn't seem to sleep much ....she can be uP for hours.. Are yOur babies like this? I didn't drink coffee or tea but not sure why she is still so wide awake

Bubbles seemed to be going through growth spurt even though she's only 16 days old? Last 3-4 days she latch almost 24/7 and had to top up with ebm, we thought she wouldn't sleep due to colic, but even though we gave her ridwind and it seemed to be working, her belly quite distended, she still always wanted to drink...

As to sleeping in cot, she used to be good at it, but again last few days refused to sleep in cot, only by my side. Not sure if it is because she feels uncomfy due to wind or growth spurt....today she managed to sleep back in cot finally. I feed her till she seh-seh got drunk sleepy face then put her down in cot.

Btw, anyone bb hated their pillows? I used one of those indented pillows at first, then rejected. Now regular rectangle pillow, also squirm till never use. She seems to prefer flat without pillow....no issue but thought babies this young cannot turn their head much, makes me nervous if she is getting ready to flip?!?!

Back