IVF/ICSI Support Group

I heard Dr Tan is away on 1-2 Aug seems to gel with what they told you about ER. Maybe you should call on Mon to enquire or check with nurse when you're there on Tues?

If you are cultivating your embryos to blastocysts, ET is also likely to be on Sat using D4 embryos as clinic will not be operating on Sun.
Away for the whole week? I thought he only on leave on 1 n 2 Aug

Hi bbdust81 and miloqueen : i was told by ivf room 4 doctor , dr tan will not be ard on tue . So i went to check with Dr tan nurse felicia .. She told me Dr tan will only be around on next sat .. Not sure which info is accurate .
Regarding the transfer i have no chance to discuss with Dr tan as he will not be ard on next tue .. Can i ask the nurse to get his opinion before i proceed to ET ?

@Vk85 your sch doesnt allow you to take mc? i took mc during my stims period.

my period just started so based on calculation, i shld be doing my nxt stims last wk aug/early sept. so thankfully it falls within the one wk sept break. my boss was supportive too, but so soon.. another round, and even closer to exam.. i find it difficult to broach the topic!! esp the first day i go back to work after failing my first cycle!! but i know the girls here are right! in the end, i just gotta focus on my own family now since this route is proving more difficult for me..

i also do wonder if my work is one of the causes too! esp when i first started, really work more than 12 hrs a day!! everyday gotta bring marking home!
Hey @happynods, my P very by-the-book. she is understanding that I have to go out for scans but she insist on MC. if just time-off chit, I have to return to work. There's once KKH didn't want to give me MC cuz i came for scan & jab only and never see dr. So in the end I went to a private clinic to get MC cuz it was too late to return to sch. sianzzz

anyway nearer to ER, scans are almost every other day. I'm so paiseh to keep taking so many MCs plus can only inform them like 2 days in advance. I rather just take 2 weeks off directly. But my colleague just reminded me that it will affect my 13-mth bonus and of course, my Connect plan due this year..so thinking if I can work out some deal as Oct is mostly exam time and lessons are over..

sighhhhh...

Hi Vk85, I have similar thoughts as you. I feel that stress plays a very big factor for me. Rushing back after scanning is really stressful. I think it's possible with NUH as I can leave the CHR after blood test by 10am latest. Now that I've changed to KKH, it's no longer possible. Thought of sitting down with my boss in sept to inform about my Oct IVF..

Think we can be cycle buddies. Stimulating soon start end oct and ER and ET is in Nov.
Hi AimeeTen,

Glad to have found a potential cycle buddy! Yeah KKH takes ages but now that I'm contemplating returning to SGH I wonder if the queue is shorter..plus it's nearer to work.

All the best! let's use these 2 months to gear up our bodies!!! Need to lose all that IVF weight...zzzzz

Hi bbdust81 and miloqueen : i was told by ivf room 4 doctor , dr tan will not be ard on tue . So i went to check with Dr tan nurse felicia .. She told me Dr tan will only be around on next sat .. Not sure which info is accurate .
Regarding the transfer i have no chance to discuss with Dr tan as he will not be ard on next tue .. Can i ask the nurse to get his opinion before i proceed to ET ?
Oh no.. I estimated mine is around next week or so

You can try asking the nurse. As for whether you can cultivate to blast, KKH's practice is to prepare you for D2 transfer i.e on Thurs if ER is on Tues and you will only discuss with the doc then in the ET procedure room on whether to proceed with D2 transfer or cultivate further. This hinges on the number and quality of the embryos. If Dr Tan is only around on Sat, it looks like your ET will be done by him for blast. Good to call KKIVF to clarify your doubts.

All the best to you and do continue the high protein diet after ER to help curb bloatedness.

You can try asking the nurse. As for whether you can cultivate to blast, KKH's practice is to prepare you for D2 transfer i.e on Thurs if ER is on Tues and you will only discuss with the doc then in the ET procedure room on whether to proceed with D2 transfer or cultivate further. This hinges on the number and quality of the embryos. If Dr Tan is only around on Sat, it looks like your ET will be done by him for blast. Good to call KKIVF to clarify your doubts.

All the best to you and do continue the high protein diet after ER to help curb bloatedness.

Thanks for your advice :) like what u said , it really depends of the number and quality then only we will able decide whether to transfer d2 or cultivate to blast . Hopefully my lining and follicles are growing well in this few days .

For bloatedness after ER , shld i drink 100+ or H2o ? Which is better ?

Sorry , if im asking too many of questions :(

Thanks for your advice :) like what u said , it really depends of the number and quality then only we will able decide whether to transfer d2 or cultivate to blast . Hopefully my lining and follicles are growing well in this few days .

For bloatedness after ER , shld i drink 100+ or H2o ? Which is better ?

Sorry , if im asking too many of questions :(
I took 100plus and it worked well for me. Not sure about H2O. 100plus also has non-carbonated type.

Hey @happynods, my P very by-the-book. she is understanding that I have to go out for scans but she insist on MC. if just time-off chit, I have to return to work. There's once KKH didn't want to give me MC cuz i came for scan & jab only and never see dr. So in the end I went to a private clinic to get MC cuz it was too late to return to sch. sianzzz

anyway nearer to ER, scans are almost every other day. I'm so paiseh to keep taking so many MCs plus can only inform them like 2 days in advance. I rather just take 2 weeks off directly. But my colleague just reminded me that it will affect my 13-mth bonus and of course, my Connect plan due this year..so thinking if I can work out some deal as Oct is mostly exam time and lessons are over..

sighhhhh...

@Vk85 i also connect plan this yr haha! and thats also why i am reluctant to take no pay before this dec. so far for this round, i used up 7 days of MC and 8 day of HL, still got remaining MC days so i'm just gonna max it out until no more then say.. i think it will be enough for my next round.

maybe nearer ER u just take MC everyday? so you can inform your school earlier based on the day you are expected to start stims. shouldn't exceed 5 working days? not sure how KKH works, but i just told my dr in nuh i will need mc during stims period and he just covered me all the way..

Hi ladies I will be returning 90eggs at Geck Hong Tian temple (495 havelock road) on 1aug. Will be there ard 10am. Feel free to go there Collect the red eggs.

Last edited:
Hi AimeeTen,

Glad to have found a potential cycle buddy! Yeah KKH takes ages but now that I'm contemplating returning to SGH I wonder if the queue is shorter..plus it's nearer to work.

All the best! let's use these 2 months to gear up our bodies!!! Need to lose all that IVF weight...zzzzz

Hihi, let's cheer each other on. I need to work out some working schedule with my boss too. Actually I heard that SGH also takes 1 full day. NUH is fast. But Haiz, don't work out for me. I hope Dr Tan can help me better this time round. Gonna be my 2nd fresh cycle.

hubby and I going for acupuncture. Hope it helps. These few weeks, trying to eat durian to warm my body. haha! Just as excuse to eat.

Does anybody not experience sore boobs b4 menses, after goin.thru ivf? I lik no symptoms durin menses now..

Hi Jeslyn1983, just for your reference..the month after failed IVF was bad for me. After 1st menses, I did not ovulate and that cycle was a whopping 36 days(usual 28 days). I had to Tiao with TCM and clomid to finally ovulate n get back 28 days. This month solely depend on TCM to Tiao to ovulate. Hopefully I can ovulate and get a chance to ttc. Thus after IVF, our system may go haywire a little. TCM says, already take out so many eggs, our ovaries are tired.

Hi Jeslyn1983, just for your reference..the month after failed IVF was bad for me. After 1st menses, I did not ovulate and that cycle was a whopping 36 days(usual 28 days). I had to Tiao with TCM and clomid to finally ovulate n get back 28 days. This month solely depend on TCM to Tiao to ovulate. Hopefully I can ovulate and get a chance to ttc. Thus after IVF, our system may go haywire a little. TCM says, already take out so many eggs, our ovaries are tired.

Halo amiee. Yes I feel u. My failed 1st cycle was more painful than wat I had wif other prev menses. Also late for few days. This time round wich is 2nd mth after ivf, seems more on time though bit delayed. I also tryin acupuncture to tiao body for ivf. Wan tiao to ttc also cannot cz hub overseas. Haha..jiayou! :)

Hi, anyone has experience doing BHCG BT at kkh a&e not kkivf? As in hpt positive and request BT to confirm. Want to kno how long is results out and whether wait there or go home. My dr is Dr Tan HH actually but no appt as he is full till sep.

And anyone under Dr Tan managed to get supports from him via say a request thru his nurse? He cant see me till sep so i wonder if i can write a note pass thru his nurse ask for supports.

hi @BlessedS i had 2 mcs, but abt same time as u. i did a d&c. cos tts what my doctors recommended. i sought second opinion each time and all of them rec me to do d&c because 8-9 wks, the sac is qt big already and apparently we could experience alot of cramps and bleeding, going into shock. end up, also must do a d&c.

i have a friend who took oral med.. she cramped and bled the contents of the pregnancy out, but after that during her review scan, the dr found some remnants of the pregnancy, so in the end had to do a d/c again to clear it out.

d&c is more invasive but it is quick n relatively painless physically.. if ur gynae is experienced, it shld be safe with no side effects.. and dont have to wait around and not know when u'll start to bleed and cramp and for how long..

sorry for ur loss hugss.

Thanks @ happynods... guess I really have to weigh my options carefully as my regular doc will be out of town and another is taking over.
Lotsa luck to everyone here cos we all need it!

And anyone under Dr Tan managed to get supports from him via say a request thru his nurse? He cant see me till sep so i wonder if i can write a note pass thru his nurse ask for supports.
I did - I called the mainline, pressed "2"for repeated prescription, explained my situation. You will receive a call from the nurse within a week and you need to go down KKH to collect.

Anyone took progesterone jabs after the blood test and still managed to BFP? Need success stories to lift up my mood... This morning woke up already feeling moody now test results show low progesterone. Super sianz

Anyone here take meds to induce period to start fresh before? I'm afraid my period will remain irregular after my mc and hence will affect next fresh

If you can't stomach too much eggs, then try beef or salmon (preferably wild caught ones). My TCM orders. Snack on nuts, especially almonds.
Brazil nuts and walnuts have higher selenium than almonds and supposed to help implantation...although I didn't succeed but no harm trying. Ya too much eggs is very hard to stomach.

Brazil nuts and walnuts have higher selenium than almonds and supposed to help implantation...although I didn't succeed but no harm trying. Ya too much eggs is very hard to stomach.

I been taking brazil nuts and now 5 egg whites daily...think this is my maximum liao

Back