IVF/ICSI Support Group

The bunch of ladies with kkh are how many days post transfer already?! When is your BT? Hope u all can spread some bb dust around!
We transferred on Sat. So today should be 5dp5dt? There's still another week. :S

My blood test is on 5 Aug. I supposed humbaobao and miloqueen is on the same date too...

Mine is 11 Aug. just went for acupuncture today. 2 more sessions. Was told to continue with chicken essence. Even said red date longan tea can drink everyday if body doesn't find it too heaty.

Any one tummy gets bigger during tww?

Yup! We had our ET on the same day and BT will be 5 Aug. Certainly hope we BFP and spread babydust to all! :)

I think next up should be happynods and bbhopeful77.

i didnt do any transfer!! boohoo. cos i did pgd and both my embryos abnormal. so no BT for me. hoping for the best for u girls!!!

im restarting fresh again aug/sept! dr says that since i didnt do any transfer, no need to wait 2 cycles. so here i go again!

i didnt do any transfer!! boohoo. cos i did pgd and both my embryos abnormal. so no BT for me. hoping for the best for u girls!!!

im restarting fresh again aug/sept! dr says that since i didnt do any transfer, no need to wait 2 cycles. so here i go again!
Thank you and jiayou happynods! All the best for your fresh cycle and make good use this time to gear up your body. You can do it!!!

All the best to you too, happynods!

quite worried about how to tell my boss...
Hope your boss understands... Can try going really early for scans and take only an hour off from work in the mornings. Or put in extra hour after work. Worst case is to try working from home during the HL. Shd be less stressful than the office. I think as long as you show effort, the boss appreciates.

I explained the whole process to my male boss. One thing is he's my dad's age. So I was not shy about it. So that he knows that ivf is not simple and why it takes so much time.

quite worried about how to tell my boss...
What I did was to prepare my boss way in advance. Earlier in the year, I told him that I am not young and would like to give priority to family planning including seeking treatment. He gave me his blessings. When cycle scheduled, I told him roughly when I will be away and for how long. My ER was decided on a Sat and I had to text him to inform him my HL starts from the following week. I think my colleagues were all shocked by my sudden long MC.

Perhaps, find an opportune time to explain to him and seek his understanding, and do it earlier than later.

Hi happynods, jia you for next cycle!
May I ask where to get the PGD done and it's on which day embryos? How much is it? Thk it's gd to do it rather than spend 2 wks of HL and painful waiting with hopes up, only to fail at the end...

Hope your boss understands... Can try going really early for scans and take only an hour off from work in the mornings. Or put in extra hour after work. Worst case is to try working from home during the HL. Shd be less stressful than the office. I think as long as you show effort, the boss appreciates.

I explained the whole process to my male boss. One thing is he's my dad's age. So I was not shy about it. So that he knows that ivf is not simple and why it takes so much time.

don't mind telling u all.. im a teacher so my work starts very early! even before the nuh clinic opens haha then plus all the waiting time.. aiyo.

the first cycle i took mc halfway during stims too (5days) because my job is really hectic, got alot of students always looking for me literally all day long, even msging me at night. so if im on mc, they will know not to keep msging me. i did work abit from home..

anw, i explained to my boss and told her abt my previous miscarriages, so she was ok with me going for a round of ivf. but now, so soon again, i gotta tell her i might be away for 3 wks in sept which is very close to exam period.. oops.. i dont think she was expecting this.. like i think she will expect i find a better timing like during school holidays?

i know that my students will definitely be affected too, and actually i wasn't planning to do next cycle until december but then i still have leftover from the first pgd kit that will expire if i dont use up in two mnths.. so if i do straightaway, i save a v substantial amount of money i dont have to fork out cash for the nxt pgd kit again.. and u know this whole infertility journey is v financially taxing! two previous pregnancies/miscarriages, all the tests, ivfs etc already used up alot of money.

btw @cen, pgd totaly cost depends on number of embryos u test, up to 5 is abt $8k cash on top of normal ivf. if u have 10, it's about $11k! all must pay cash. the first round for me, they did a d3 biopsy so that when the results are out, will do a d5 blast transfer.

wonder what u girls think? i feel quite guilty towards my students also..

don't mind telling u all.. im a teacher so my work starts very early! even before the nuh clinic opens haha then plus all the waiting time.. aiyo.

the first cycle i took mc halfway during stims too (5days) because my job is really hectic, got alot of students always looking for me literally all day long, even msging me at night. so if im on mc, they will know not to keep msging me. i did work abit from home..

anw, i explained to my boss and told her abt my previous miscarriages, so she was ok with me going for a round of ivf. but now, so soon again, i gotta tell her i might be away for 3 wks in sept which is very close to exam period.. oops.. i dont think she was expecting this.. like i think she will expect i find a better timing like during school holidays?

i know that my students will definitely be affected too, and actually i wasn't planning to do next cycle until december but then i still have leftover from the first pgd kit that will expire if i dont use up in two mnths.. so if i do straightaway, i save a v substantial amount of money i dont have to fork out cash for the nxt pgd kit again.. and u know this whole infertility journey is v financially taxing! two previous pregnancies/miscarriages, all the tests, ivfs etc already used up alot of money.

btw @cen, pgd totaly cost depends on number of embryos u test, up to 5 is abt $8k cash on top of normal ivf. if u have 10, it's about $11k! all must pay cash. the first round for me, they did a d3 biopsy so that when the results are out, will do a d5 blast transfer.

Omg so ex.
What do u mean by leftover from PGD kit expires in 2 mths? As in can't freeze the blasts?
Guilt we all have towards work, but really bo biAn if u need to save money. Who will cover at work? Just be very nice to the colleague when u return. They may not understand fully what we are going through so we are all most grateful when they help to cover us.
You teach pri Sch/sec Sch/jc?
If it's not their exam yr thk not so bad...really no choice sometimes!

@happynods

Don't feel bad. We can't always be putting our life on hold because there's never a good time for IVF. There's always the next project, event, reports, clients, students etc.

Someone in this forum once said (sorry can't remember who liao..) that as long as we do our best on non-cycle days, we should hold our heads high! Your boss needs to understand our cycle is not like booking vacation can decide departure day! It all depends on our menses. Even if u do during Sch hols, there's still chance of eating into the term period. As long as u give ample notice, they ought to plan their deployment properly.

So don't let anyone make u feel bad. Jia you!

Omg so ex.
What do u mean by leftover from PGD kit expires in 2 mths? As in can't freeze the blasts?
Guilt we all have towards work, but really bo biAn if u need to save money. Who will cover at work? Just be very nice to the colleague when u return. They may not understand fully what we are going through so we are all most grateful when they help to cover us.
You teach pri Sch/sec Sch/jc?
If it's not their exam yr thk not so bad...really no choice sometimes!

there is some testing agent they use in the pgd kit. so for me cos i only tested two embryos, there is still alot of agent (which i already paid for) leftover. so as long as i use it before it expires, i wont incur any extra charge. according to the nurse, it expires 2 mnths after opening!

i teach jc. this cycle no one covered for me, i take all my consultations and submissions online. but for the nxt cycle i think will really need some help cos it's more intensive as closer to exam..

Why did u do a day 3 biopsy. Also day 3 pgd pose a risk of damaging the embryo because they only have few cells. Day 5 is more accurate.

there is some testing agent they use in the pgd kit. so for me cos i only tested two embryos, there is still alot of agent (which i already paid for) leftover. so as long as i use it before it expires, i wont incur any extra charge. according to the nurse, it expires 2 mnths after opening!

i teach jc. this cycle no one covered for me, i take all my consultations and submissions online. but for the nxt cycle i think will really need some help cos it's more intensive as closer to exam..
Teachers really not easy. There is no good time. And relief teachers can never effectively substitute you unless it's fellow teachers. If keep waiting for holidays, effectively can only try twice a year. Teachers also have bio clock one wor...

I think don't worry too much, just do ur best to pre-empt. Ur boss is paid to manage such situations and arrange for relief. Don't worry about cover also. We ladies cover the men on reservists all the time and do we have a choice? Ur colleagues should understand.

We can never have the best of both worlds. But there's always a priority list. Your students are important but so is your family planning. JC students should be okay lah, they shd be mature enough to prepare on their own and work around your schedule if they have questions. Maybe can ask a close dept colleague to be backup for their questions FTF esp if they taking their A's this year.

More imptly is this teacher @happynods keep up her fighting spirit ya! :)

Why did u do a day 3 biopsy. Also day 3 pgd pose a risk of damaging the embryo because they only have few cells. Day 5 is more accurate.

there was some miscomm w nuh and i originally thought i'm doing d5, but it turns out.. i was told nuh/kkh does not do d5. in fact in singapore it is not common to do d5 at all cos we haven't 'progressed' to that stage. so actually, we don't even have a choice.. lol must go to bkk.

Teachers really not easy. There is no good time. And relief teachers can never effectively substitute you unless it's fellow teachers. If keep waiting for holidays, effectively can only try twice a year. Teachers also have bio clock one wor...

I think don't worry too much, just do ur best to pre-empt. Ur boss is paid to manage such situations and arrange for relief. Don't worry about cover also. We ladies cover the men on reservists all the time and do we have a choice? Ur colleagues should understand.

We can never have the best of both worlds. But there's always a priority list. Your students are important but so is your family planning. JC students should be okay lah, they shd be mature enough to prepare on their own and work around your schedule if they have questions. Maybe can ask a close dept colleague to be backup for their questions FTF esp if they taking their A's this year.

More imptly is this teacher @happynods keep up her fighting spirit ya! :)

yup! and sometimes it just doesn't work out as planned!!! i wanted to do my first fresh in june.. BUT because my period delayed.. ended up being july loh.

there was some miscomm w nuh and i originally thought i'm doing d5, but it turns out.. i was told nuh/kkh does not do d5. in fact in singapore it is not common to do d5 at all cos we haven't 'progressed' to that stage. so actually, we don't even have a choice.. lol must go to bkk.

U clarify with them again cos many girls are holding their embryo to day 5 blasto before doing transfer.

U clarify with them again cos many girls are holding their embryo to day 5 blasto before doing transfer.

yup! i did! the biopsy is done on d3.. by the time the results come out.. will be d5, then immediately do the transfer if there are any positive results.

for d5 biopsy.. after pinching away some cells, gotta freeze the blast straightaway, wait for the results, then do a frozen cycle if there are good blasts.

up till today, NUH/KKH doesn't do a d5 biopsy, though i was told the pgd lab is going to start looking into d5 biopsy and training pple to do it soon.. but timeframe not confirmed.. so i don't think it's that soon also.

so if i want to do d5 biopsy, nuh/kkh is not the place to go lo. need to change clinic or go overseas.

yup! i did! the biopsy is done on d3.. by the time the results come out.. will be d5, then immediately do the transfer if there are any positive results.

for d5 biopsy.. after pinching away some cells, gotta freeze the blast straightaway, wait for the results, then do a frozen cycle if there are good blasts.

up till today, NUH/KKH doesn't do a d5 biopsy, though i was told the pgd lab is going to start looking into d5 biopsy and training pple to do it soon.. but timeframe not confirmed.. so i don't think it's that soon also.

so if i want to do d5 biopsy, nuh/kkh is not the place to go lo. need to change clinic or go overseas.
Hugs happynods. All the best for next cycle. And thanks for sharing so much info. I was also thinking pgd can only be done on blast. Didn't knw they do on day 3. No wonder ppl go bkk. Now am also thinking shud I do or will I be able to do pgd. Did u do karyotype test.

Don't feel guilty. It's for your future. Family should come first. Age is catching up and time is ticking on a daily basis. Seriously, most of your students won't Rem or know u sacrificed few thousand dollars of the kit just to be ard for their exams 10-20 years down the road.

I'm actually full of envy that you can do Pgd in sin without going overseas. At least, you don't have to go thru the stressful two week wait like some of us, only to find that it's BFN due to adnormbility.

I pray that in your next cycle, there will be many normal embryos and once u have them, you will strike BFP!

Hugs happynods. All the best for next cycle. And thanks for sharing so much info. I was also thinking pgd can only be done on blast. Didn't knw they do on day 3. No wonder ppl go bkk. Now am also thinking shud I do or will I be able to do pgd. Did u do karyotype test.

yup i did. after my two miscarriages, i insisted on doing karyotyping.. though the dr told me it's not necessary cos 99.9 percent of the time, there is no problem! luckily i did cos turns out.. i got balanced chromosomes!! so that marked the end of our ttc naturally journey loh...

pgd can only be done if u have a diagnosed genetic disorder or sth.. and only at restructured hospitals - sgh, nuh,kkh. if u have no diagnosed genetic problem or you are with private clinic.. gotta write in for special request.. and see if they approve.. cos govt wants to make sure use of pgd is not abused for pple to choose baby gender!

Don't feel guilty. It's for your future. Family should come first. Age is catching up and time is ticking on a daily basis. Seriously, most of your students won't Rem or know u sacrificed few thousand dollars of the kit just to be ard for their exams 10-20 years down the road.

I'm actually full of envy that you can do Pgd in sin without going overseas. At least, you don't have to go thru the stressful two week wait like some of us, only to find that it's BFN due to adnormbility.

I pray that in your next cycle, there will be many normal embryos and once u have them, you will strike BFP!

thank you so much!!

Hi ladies,

I embarked on my ivf journey this summer. I have been ttc for many years with no luck and happened to get pregnant on my 1st fresh transfer. But my happiness was shortlived. Just this week, I discovered I had a miscarriage on my 8-9 week. Besides picking myself up, I have to face the process of removing the little one. So I really feel for everyone here trying your best for the rainbow baby.
My doc is suggesting oral medication instead of d&c. Has anyone taken this route? Will one course of medication cleared everything? How long did the bleeding last?
Much appreciate your sharing!!

@happynods and all ladies here, I have similar worries of affecting work and getting my boss's approval too. Now with what happened, I will have to start the process again. However if having a baby is what you want, just go for it. You won't be able to teach/work wholeheartedly knowing that someone you look forward to is missing in your life constantly. Just my tots...

hi all, @happynods, I am a teacher too so I know exactly what you mean.

My first cycle I tried to time it with the June hols but my period was haywire, in the end I started stimms during the lasy week of May where I had lessons for my graduating class students. It was really tough rushing back for class after scanning but my colleagues and P were very supportive and even off-loaded me from exam duties. My HL ate into term 3 after I miscarried and it was horrible timing as my students were having National oral exams the next week and I wasn't in a position to help. just feel bad for the students though. But it's not the end of the world, esp if your students are self-motivated (mine not really zzz)

Now I am planning to take 2 weeks no-pay leave during my next STIMS period in Oct cuz I found it super stressful to rush back and find ppl to cover my lessons etc etc. We can plan all we want to schedule it during protected time but nature has her own plans. I think focus on yourself first la..you may want to inform those you are working closely with so they know you're not skiving etc. I find that my colleagues were super understanding and even asked me not to come back to sch after stims (though I did cuz I'm kinda a workaholic).

All the best!!! teaching is a super stressful job and I always wonder if that's one of the reasons for my infertility. but I love it too much to let go hah. jia you!

yup i did. after my two miscarriages, i insisted on doing karyotyping.. though the dr told me it's not necessary cos 99.9 percent of the time, there is no problem! luckily i did cos turns out.. i got balanced chromosomes!! so that marked the end of our ttc naturally journey loh...

pgd can only be done if u have a diagnosed genetic disorder or sth.. and only at restructured hospitals - sgh, nuh,kkh. if u have no diagnosed genetic problem or you are with private clinic.. gotta write in for special request.. and see if they approve.. cos govt wants to make sure use of pgd is not abused for pple to choose baby gender!
So at private hospitals they do a day 5 pgd is it. Only restructured they do day 3 ar. Confused. One sis told me even at kkh also need to write to moh. They she move to tmc and they have to write again. But at tmc she did day 5 pgd n now preggy

My first cycle I tried to time it with the June hols but my period was haywire, in the end I started stimms during the lasy week of May where I had lessons for my graduating class students. It was really tough rushing back for class after scanning but my colleagues and P were very supportive and even off-loaded me from exam duties. My HL ate into term 3 after I miscarried and it was horrible timing as my students were having National oral exams the next week and I wasn't in a position to help. just feel bad for the students though. But it's not the end of the world, esp if your students are self-motivated (mine not really zzz)

Now I am planning to take 2 weeks no-pay leave during my next STIMS period in Oct cuz I found it super stressful to rush back and find ppl to cover my lessons etc etc. We can plan all we want to schedule it during protected time but nature has her own plans. I think focus on yourself first la..you may want to inform those you are working closely with so they know you're not skiving etc. I find that my colleagues were super understanding and even asked me not to come back to sch after stims (though I did cuz I'm kinda a workaholic).

All the best!!! teaching is a super stressful job and I always wonder if that's one of the reasons for my infertility. but I love it too much to let go hah. jia you!

@Vk85 your sch doesnt allow you to take mc? i took mc during my stims period.

my period just started so based on calculation, i shld be doing my nxt stims last wk aug/early sept. so thankfully it falls within the one wk sept break. my boss was supportive too, but so soon.. another round, and even closer to exam.. i find it difficult to broach the topic!! esp the first day i go back to work after failing my first cycle!! but i know the girls here are right! in the end, i just gotta focus on my own family now since this route is proving more difficult for me..

i also do wonder if my work is one of the causes too! esp when i first started, really work more than 12 hrs a day!! everyday gotta bring marking home!

So at private hospitals they do a day 5 pgd is it. Only restructured they do day 3 ar. Confused. One sis told me even at kkh also need to write to moh. They she move to tmc and they have to write again. But at tmc she did day 5 pgd n now preggy

not all private hosps.. gotta find one that ties up with a pdg lab that has the expertise to do d5.

to me, d5 is def better than d3! i mean there is surely a reason why labs are moving towards d5 instead of d3 ma.. only downside being needa freeze and do FET. but if i go overseas or go private.. no more grant. so husband n i decided just stick to restructured hosp first..

if u dont have known genetic issues, then must write lor.. and wait a while for them to review ur case. if like me.. already diagnosed, the proces is very fast. i do believe nuh wrote in on my behalf too, but the approval is almost instant in my case.

Hi ladies,
I embarked on my ivf journey this summer. I have been ttc for many years with no luck and happened to get pregnant on my 1st fresh transfer. But my happiness was shortlived. Just this week, I discovered I had a miscarriage on my 8-9 week. Besides picking myself up, I have to face the process of removing the little one. So I really feel for everyone here trying your best for the rainbow baby.
My doc is suggesting oral medication instead of d&c. Has anyone taken this route? Will one course of medication cleared everything? How long did the bleeding last?
Much appreciate your sharing!!

hi @BlessedS i had 2 mcs, but abt same time as u. i did a d&c. cos tts what my doctors recommended. i sought second opinion each time and all of them rec me to do d&c because 8-9 wks, the sac is qt big already and apparently we could experience alot of cramps and bleeding, going into shock. end up, also must do a d&c.

i have a friend who took oral med.. she cramped and bled the contents of the pregnancy out, but after that during her review scan, the dr found some remnants of the pregnancy, so in the end had to do a d/c again to clear it out.

d&c is more invasive but it is quick n relatively painless physically.. if ur gynae is experienced, it shld be safe with no side effects.. and dont have to wait around and not know when u'll start to bleed and cramp and for how long..

sorry for ur loss hugss.

Hi Vk85, I have similar thoughts as you. I feel that stress plays a very big factor for me. Rushing back after scanning is really stressful. I think it's possible with NUH as I can leave the CHR after blood test by 10am latest. Now that I've changed to KKH, it's no longer possible. Thought of sitting down with my boss in sept to inform about my Oct IVF..

Think we can be cycle buddies. Stimulating soon start end oct and ER and ET is in Nov.

Does anyone facing this issue that follicles grow quite slow? I been having gonal F for around 10 days and dosage has increased from 225 to 300

1st scan on 27 July
Right size - 11, 11, 8.5, 7.5, 6, 6.5, 5
Left size - 11, 10, 8,6
Lining - 8.8 triple

2nd scan on 29 July
Right size - 13, 12.5, 11, 10, 9, 8.5, 8, 7
Left size - 12, 12.5, 10.5, 7
Lining - 10.6

Ideal size for IVF is 18mm and above? And seems my number of follicles aso not much, I feard not many can make it till the end.....

Last edited:
Does anyone facing this issue that follicles grow quite slow? I been having gonal F for around 10 days and dosage has increased from 225 to 300

1st scan on 27 July
Left size - 11, 10, 8,6
Lining - 8.8 triple

2nd scan on 29 July
Lining - 10.6

Ideal size for IVF is 18mm and above? And seems my number of follicles aso not much, I feard not many can make it till the end.....
Eat more eggs,eggs should help to increase growth size. They should grow ard 2mm per day. At kkh,think they will wait for at least 3 to reach 16mm before they administer trigger jab. So,not to worry. Should be fine

the tww

1st scan on 27 July
Left size - 11, 10, 8,6
Lining - 8.8 triple

2nd scan on 29 July
Lining - 10.6

Hi, I can understand how u feel as I had the same problem initially and my dosage was gonal f 450 right from beginning! Then dr added pergoveris but 2nd scan follicles still growing slowly.

After the 2nd scan, I added 2 servings of ensure milk per day to my diet on top of my usual red date tea and 2 eggs per day. That seemed to help in my case as my follicles grew to 13-15 mm at the next scan and majority hit 15-18 by the last scan. Btw, follicles will still continue to grow after trigger shot. So don't worry too much and eat loads of protein-rich food which can be either more egg whites or ensure milk. All the best!

1st scan on 27 July
Left size - 11, 10, 8,6
Lining - 8.8 triple

2nd scan on 29 July
Lining - 10.6

I think I Same situation at u. My left size is not growing well . Less than 10. Now I m in day 9, and they r start to trigger my ER next Tuesday .

I also kind a worry . Cox not many eggs and size didn't grow bigger

I think I Same situation at u. My left size is not growing well . Less than 10. Now I m in day 9, and they r start to trigger my ER next Tuesday .

I also kind a worry . Cox not many eggs and size didn't grow bigger

U so fast will start ur ER? I start jabbing on 21st, I suppose we both start around the same timing?
They have not said anything abt my ER yet, tml have to go back for scanning again

1st scan on 27 July
Left size - 11, 10, 8,6
Lining - 8.8 triple

2nd scan on 29 July
Lining - 10.6

U might wan to try accupuncture... Accupuncture do help me mi my follicles size

U so fast will start ur ER? I start jabbing on 21st, I suppose we both start around the same timing?
They have not said anything abt my ER yet, tml have to go back for scanning again

Hi bbdust81,

Ya I feel surprise too. 19/07- I started with 0.25mg orgalutran .
Gonal-F only started 22-07, and stop at 30/07.

I super worry about my eggs size, quality ... Etc ...

Hi ladies , i am schedule for ER on next tue by a senior doc as Dr Tan will be away for meeting next week and only be back clinic on sat . Now im worried for my ET will not done by DR Tan . Not sure am i able to request for ET to be done on sat ..

Hi ladies , i am schedule for ER on next tue by a senior doc as Dr Tan will be away for meeting next week and only be back clinic on sat . Now im worried for my ET will not done by DR Tan . Not sure am i able to request for ET to be done on sat ..
I heard Dr Tan is away on 1-2 Aug seems to gel with what they told you about ER. Maybe you should call on Mon to enquire or check with nurse when you're there on Tues?

If you are cultivating your embryos to blastocysts, ET is also likely to be on Sat using D4 embryos as clinic will not be operating on Sun.

Last edited:
Away for the whole week? I thought he only on leave on 1 n 2 Aug

Hi bbdust81,

Ya I feel surprise too. 19/07- I started with 0.25mg orgalutran .
Gonal-F only started 22-07, and stop at 30/07.

I super worry about my eggs size, quality ... Etc ...
Urs like super short protocol... U from which hospital?
U can eat egg whites to improve follicles quality. I eat 4 daily, think I have to increase my egg whites

If you can't stomach too much eggs, then try beef or salmon (preferably wild caught ones). My TCM orders. Snack on nuts, especially almonds.
I been taking 4 egg whites daily, think have to increase
My tcm said continue take black chicken soup n red bean with black glutinous rice soup

Back