Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Ladies, pls be very careful with the way u hold ur babies. Do not twist ur wrists in some awkward angles. I had De Quervain's syndrome (Mother's thumb) in my third trimester n it got worse after the baby arrived. Checked with Dr Tan n he said it was water retention in third trimester n after delivery might get better. But cos of the way I carry the baby, both wrists got worse. Ended up getting steroid jabs for both wrists in April. Now the effect of the jabs is wearing off, wrists hurting slightly again.

Steroid jab for wrist pain? Ouch!!! I hate steroid jab...It is so painful..:(

How long the effect of jab last??

All mummies...

I have a qns...when is the best month of bb to make passport? When bb is ready sitting on own or I can hold bb to take the passport photo ?

I think there is no "best" month. It depends if you will need to travel or foreigner like my son, hence I applied for his passport after one month to be able to apply for LTSVP. Can't really wait too long for my case.

I used a white cloth as the background n put the Bb on the bed or rocker to take the photo. I applied for passport when bb is abt 8mths. Cause I bring Bb overseas ard 10mths.

All mummies...

I have a qns...when is the best month of bb to make passport? When bb is ready sitting on own or I can hold bb to take the passport photo ?
You can start applying baby's passport about 1.5 to 2 months before your departure. Dun apply too early coz their looks are still changing and you would not want the immigration to reject the passport. For my #1, i made when he was about 3 months coz we travelled when he was 4 months. Upon our return to SG, we were told to update baby's photo for our next trip which was like 2 months later. And it's $60 per application!!!

If your baby can hold his head up, can go to a nearby digital imaging shop to shoot. If not like what @piglet02 said, use a white cloth as a background and DIY at home. It's more economical too.

Full term. Week 40+1. Induced on my EDD but gave birth the following day. Estimated weight of baby was 3.2kg at week 39+3, so I went for natural birth. Haha. Not accurate. No signs of labour even in week 39. Dr Tan said baby was "biggish" too so must induce.
Ya lor, the gestational weight from US is not accurate wan. My 37wscan showed baby was 2.4kg. Who knows it turned out to be 3.2 kg when at delivered at 37w+4. THH said lucky i induced. If not baby might be big at week 40.

• 1469971741181.jpg
    1469971741181.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 80
Joie bb car seat. infant to 7 yo. actually dun wan get yet, but miss wife ganchiong. so i went ahead, make her happy at ease.

Also bought wet tissue. cousin de sis got booth there

dawn, urs appt later today... jia you also..

btw, where ur boy park? opp shell the parking is sianx, always full and ppl waiting. i dun go there liao. i move to flyover there. 5 mins walking distance only

OIC, we never been to one before.
Hub was relieved that I didn't join him - he made it sounds like a "war zone" between prams and people. keke
Ya ya! those people are damn scary! the way they pushed the prams, wa lau, like bulldozers lor....and the best part is they forgot that they used to be pregnant lo.

OIC, we never been to one before.
Hub was relieved that I didn't join him - he made it sounds like a "war zone" between prams and people. keke

Ya ya! those people are damn scary! the way they pushed the prams, wa lau, like bulldozers lor....and the best part is they forgot that they used to be pregnant lo.
I went on Sat to get my wet wipes. Actually this time round is not so bad. At least i can still walk through without having the need to keep saying "Excuse Me". You dun even see a long Q at the usual booth like Heinz, Philips, Medela etc. I am surprised with the relatively smaller crowd. I think the Oct one will be very crowded.

Then how? you sat in front with the 2 kids at the back?
Ya lor. For safety reasons, i prefer to have my children seated at the back in unforeseen circumstances. *touchwood* I think i ever read from somewhere (think it's TP) that it is not recommended for children to be seated in front even through they are on child restraint.

I also cannot imagine my toddler playing with brake button, gear stick etc when he is seated in front. Not only do i have to watch out for traffic conditions, must also look out for the toddler's hands. Stress le...

Ya lor. For safety reasons, i prefer to have my children seated at the back in unforeseen circumstances. *touchwood* I think i ever read from somewhere (think it's TP) that it is not recommended for children to be seated in front even through they are on child restraint.

I also cannot imagine my toddler playing with brake button, gear stick etc when he is seated in front. Not only do i have to watch out for traffic conditions, must also look out for the toddler's hands. Stress le...

Ya, not recommended for the children to be seated in front due to the air bag...can cause suffocation.

But what happens if one of the kids, say the infant starts to cry..? So just leave him be? (Assuming you and your hubs are sitting in front)

Ya, not recommended for the children to be seated in front due to the air bag...can cause suffocation.

But what happens if one of the kids, say the infant starts to cry..? So just leave him be? (Assuming you and your hubs are sitting in front)
Ya lor. So far we have been "ignoring" him whenever he cries in the car.
Actually i think depends on the car seat u used. Coz mine is the rotating one, so it takes up lotsa space. If you are not buying this kind of infant car seat, might be able to sit 1 adult in between the 2 car seats. But going up the car is a real challenge in that circumstances unless the centre passenger seat can fix a car seat. Then the adult will take the window seat.

Ya lor. So far we have been "ignoring" him whenever he cries in the car.
Actually i think depends on the car seat u used. Coz mine is the rotating one, so it takes up lotsa space. If you are not buying this kind of infant car seat, might be able to sit 1 adult in between the 2 car seats. But going up the car is a real challenge in that circumstances unless the centre passenger seat can fix a car seat. Then the adult will take the window seat.
Ya lo..right now my hubs and I are thinking about this also..currently have a car seat for a toddler liao - at the back is so squeezy..cannot imagine having another car seat at the back :O

Actually having 2 car seats is ok as in not squeezy. It will be if you want to sit 1 more adult.
I have tried "climbing" from the front to the back in between the 2 car seats to feed my infant while my hub is driving. Trust me, it was soooo freaking squeezy that it caused slight abrasion at the back of my shoulder where it kept rubbing/bumping against the car seat. If lean forward, the feeding position is also very awkward for feeding the infant who is rear-facing. So no choice but to let them cry liao.

Actually having 2 car seats is ok as in not squeezy. It will be if you want to sit 1 more adult.
I have tried "climbing" from the front to the back in between the 2 car seats to feed my infant while my hub is driving. Trust me, it was soooo freaking squeezy that it caused slight abrasion at the back of my shoulder where it kept rubbing/bumping against the car seat. If lean forward, the feeding position is also very awkward for feeding the infant who is rear-facing. So no choice but to let them cry liao.
That's why...our family car is a Honda Accord, so dunno should consider a 7 seater like Stream or Wish..

What about yourself? I know you are going for another kid soon. Ever consider getting a 7 seater?

dawn, urs appt later today... jia you also..

btw, where ur boy park? opp shell the parking is sianx, always full and ppl waiting. i dun go there liao. i move to flyover there. 5 mins walking distance only
He parked along the road beside the hotel just opp the tau sa piah shops. But there afternoon can be quite hot so better put up screen filter.

Actually can try the flyover. Big space...nearer too. Besides tmc only. So far no encounter summon fatimah yet..:) definetely nearer
He parked along the road beside the hotel just opp the tau sa piah shops. But there afternoon can be quite hot so better put up screen filter.

That's why...our family car is a Honda Accord, so dunno should consider a 7 seater like Stream or Wish..

What about yourself? I know you are going for another kid soon. Ever consider getting a 7 seater?
My family car Toyota sentia. My nos.1 I upgraded to booster seat. Placed in at middle row with isofix. My newborn in bassinet at last row with me. So middle row n front row can sit 1more people each. That the best arrangement. Me from 1st row have to downgrade to last row Lo.

Honda Accord is quite spacious too. The problem is the same as my hub's car aka the centre seat cannot fix car seat. I am already driving 7-seater now coz i was pregnant with twins in the early trimester. So normal 5-seater can't fit the entire family.

WIth the 7-seater, my infant will take the window seat and my toddler's car seat is fitted in the centre (isofix). So the adult will take the other window seat. Usually my last row is folded down coz got a lot of barangs and need the boot space. If need to ferry more than 1 adult, will drop all barangs in my hub's car and set-up the last row.

Personally i think Wish is not too ideal coz not very spacious even though fuel consumption is good. But my friend thinks it meets her requirement of accommodating 2 adult (including driver) and 2 children.
As for Honda Stream, my SIL has been driving it. Her comment is that the centre row can only take 2 car seats max. The adult must take the last row which is abit crampy.

I think you have to know what you want (e.g. capacity, spaciousness, fuel consumption, price etc) and go down and do car-shopping. We shopped around for a while and shortlisted Honda Odessey, Nissan Elgrand and Volkswagen Sharan. When the COE came down a bit, we went in to bid and trade in my old car.

Honda Accord is quite spacious too. The problem is the same as my hub's car aka the centre seat cannot fix car seat. I am already driving 7-seater now coz i was pregnant with twins in the early trimester. So normal 5-seater can't fit the entire family.

WIth the 7-seater, my infant will take the window seat and my toddler's car seat is fitted in the centre (isofix). So the adult will take the other window seat. Usually my last row is folded down coz got a lot of barangs and need the boot space. If need to ferry more than 1 adult, will drop all barangs in my hub's car and set-up the last row.

Personally i think Wish is not too ideal coz not very spacious even though fuel consumption is good. But my friend thinks it meets her requirement of accommodating 2 adult (including driver) and 2 children.
As for Honda Stream, my SIL has been driving it. Her comment is that the centre row can only take 2 car seats max. The adult must take the last row which is abit crampy.

I think you have to know what you want (e.g. capacity, spaciousness, fuel consumption, price etc) and go down and do car-shopping. We shopped around for a while and shortlisted Honda Odessey, Nissan Elgrand and Volkswagen Sharan. When the COE came down a bit, we went in to bid and trade in my old car.
That's very helpful advice!! Thanks!'

Dr make break waterbag. Dilate 2cm. Now on drip.nurse say at least est 7-8hr depends. My left side 82, right side also 82. I think many want chiong out before tml

Hahaha...kan chiong liaos right! simi 82? you mean 1982?
Then you are staying by your missus side to give her encouragement? She considering epidural?