IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

I just got a referral from polyclinic and will be going for my first appt on 11 Aug. Do you think I can do the tests on first appt?

Cant. First consultation doctor will usually ask you and your husband questions on your life style first. Then he will order blood tests and scans for you and husband. The blood tests and scans must be done a specific day of the cycle. So cannot be so fast. After complete all the tests and consultation to see report then will refer to kkivf centre. The centre will then brief you on iui and the cost involved proper.

Can i know usually how many times do we have to go for the ultrascan? Will be starting my injection next month worry that the frequent ultrascan will affect my work.. anyone in the same situation?

Initially is once every 5-7 days, subsequently is every alternate days. How long depends on your eggs growth...I had to take morning leave because I don't want to use MC. I tried to go early for the scan so that I can go work later but Sometimes take urgent leave because the pharmacy queue is long. The doctor will vary the dosage based on the growth so every time after scan need to queue at pharmacy.

But lucky zMy boss is not kay poh type so she didn't ask me questions.

Last edited:
Initially is once every 5-7 days, subsequently is every alternate days. How long depends on your eggs growth...I had to take morning leave because I don't want to use MC. I tried to go early for the scan so that I can go work later but Sometimes take urgent leave because the pharmacy queue is long. The doctor will vary the dosage based on the growth so every time after scan need to queue at pharmacy.

But lucky zMy boss is not kay poh type so she didn't ask me questions.

How long usually it will take for 1 procedure from start to end? 1 month?

How long usually it will take for 1 procedure from start to end? 1 month?

My simulation is from start of cycle and last about 17 days? Then after that trigger the ovulation and do insemination the day after. Then is the 2 weeks wait, followed by blood test. So it should be around the duration of 1 menstrual cycle.

Very sad and disappointed. Went for second scan. Only one egg seemed to be growing despite preurogon 100 injections for 7 days. Lining only 6+ only too.

Very sad and disappointed. Went for second scan. Only one egg seemed to be growing despite preurogon 100 injections for 7 days. Lining only 6+ only too.

I also had one egg that is of suitable size when I BFP. This is only the second scan. After doctor increase the dose maybe will catch up!

I also had one egg that is of suitable size when I BFP. This is only the second scan. After doctor increase the dose maybe will catch up!
Thank you for the encouragement, Junie! I really hope so. :(
Going to take more egg white. Thinking of boiling red bean soup, red dates and longan all in one later.

Thank you for the encouragement, Junie! I really hope so. :(
Going to take more egg white. Thinking of boiling red bean soup, red dates and longan all in one later.

Be careful not to overheat your body if your body is heaty type...if if it makes you feel better, try whatever you want...

I think I'm feeling heaty. A little sore throat and slightly hot. But will do whatever can to increase lining and hopefully eggs.

But if your body overheat then might have side effects too. Because essentially, it's not only to grow the egg and fertilize it. There is also implantation, and to carry it for 10 months. Maybe you can consult a TCM first before you tiao your body.

After I got preg I visit a TCM because my mother insisted that I take tonics like dang gui. But I went yu yan seng and the physician said cannot eat dang gui during pregnancy as it may cause miscarriage. He also told me i cannot take red date tea because my body is heaty. (I took red date tea for 3 consecutive days and I was feeling giddy and headache)

I read from online if cervical mucus is low too it will be difficult to conceive also. Anyone try pre-seed fertility friendly personal lubricant?

I read from online if cervical mucus is low too it will be difficult to conceive also. Anyone try pre-seed fertility friendly personal lubricant?

I just started using it this cycle, as clomid is making me dry! Heard that some ppl manage to conceive after using pre seed/conceive easy - hopefully it works for me too.

Just did the urine test, still negative ovuluation. Need to continue injection. :(

Jia you! This is something I don't understand. For someone with PCO like me, I thought there will be no ovulation? Why want us to test? Confused....

But last time during my IUI... I did see a very very faint line on the kit, and I wondered very long is it positive or negative...but in the end I took urgent leave to go back to KKH and they said as long got line is positive, must take trigger shot....So look out for that...

Jia you! This is something I don't understand. For someone with PCO like me, I thought there will be no ovulation? Why want us to test? Confused....

But last time during my IUI... I did see a very very faint line on the kit, and I wondered very long is it positive or negative...but in the end I took urgent leave to go back to KKH and they said as long got line is positive, must take trigger shot....So look out for that...
Thanks for the encouragement again. I am worried if I will miss the ovulation and the egg travels out. My one and only chance. Sighs.

Just did the urine test, still negative ovuluation. Need to continue injection. :(

Was doing iui at kkh too. Intially egg & lining no growth and i was pretty worried. My frd ask me try royal jelly which i did. Also went to see tcm (dr zou @ amk). KKH also increase to 125 then egg start to grow very well. Not sure which is working for me thou. Tested ovulation positive. Going for iui tmr.

Was doing iui at kkh too. Intially egg & lining no growth and i was pretty worried. My frd ask me try royal jelly which i did. Also went to see tcm (dr zou @ amk). KKH also increase to 125 then egg start to grow very well. Not sure which is working for me thou. Tested ovulation positive. Going for iui tmr.
That's good news. Mine is still negative ovuluation and still only 1 egg.

Husband will be waiting outside our procedure room

Depending on the number of patients who are tested positive for ovulation, you may be inseminated together with the others. There were two others who were in the treatment room as me and was inseminated by the same doctor on duty. And our husbands waiting outside. After the insemination we will lie down for 20 minutes before going off.

The doctor who did magic for me is an Egyptian looking doctor... I wonder if she is still there...

After IUI, still need to try naturally?

Yes, at least the day and day after IUI. Best to cover all the bases. At least that's what my gynae and nurses at NUH told us. Anyway after trigger shot, it's only after 24-36 hours then the egg will be released. I still can see how big my eggs were on the day of IUI cos haven't ovulate yet. In two weeks wait now.

Yes, at least the day and day after IUI. Best to cover all the bases. At least that's what my gynae and nurses at NUH told us. Anyway after trigger shot, it's only after 24-36 hours then the egg will be released. I still can see how big my eggs were on the day of IUI cos haven't ovulate yet. In two weeks wait now.
KkH didn't say anything. After procedure, no lying down. Nurse said change out and can leave. :(

It is strange. I also did at KKH they told me to lie for 20 mins before I go off
Weird hor. They told me I could change and leave. Then i asked about lying down, they said no need. sighs.
The doc who did the procedure also didn't share with me the washed out sperms details, did yours share the numbers with you?

Weird hor. They told me I could change and leave. Then i asked about lying down, they said no need. sighs.
The doc who did the procedure also didn't share with me the washed out sperms details, did yours share the numbers with you?

Mine didn't share the numbers. But the nurse showed me the test tube and told me the number is acceptable...to my surprise the liquid actually looks transparent haha.

For me with the help of this forum,i asked the nurse for the numbers.Lol...Anythin evrythin also ask..Lol.

For me with the help of this forum,i asked the nurse for the numbers.Lol...Anythin evrythin also ask..Lol.

I should have found This forum before my IUI lol then won't be so blur. But on the other hand, I may get super nervous with so much information and advise that it won't work for me... Really need to strike a balance between knowing the necessary and being overly cautious...

Dear ladies, need some experience ppl to share with me. I went for my 2nd scan today, got 3 follicles on right and left. Right side 7/6.5/5, left side 10.5/8.5/5, doctor say I'm doing good. Gave me a ovulation stick & ultrascan appt for dis Saturday. Ask me to test on Saturday morning, if 2 lines hb need to go together. I'm on puregon injection 75. Recommended follicles size by doctor is at least 17mm, but my biggest is only 10.5 now. Possible to increase within 2 days to 17mm? Possible to ovulate so early? As this is my first iui, I wanna learn more.

Dear ladies, need some experience ppl to share with me. I went for my 2nd scan today, got 3 follicles on right and left. Right side 7/6.5/5, left side 10.5/8.5/5, doctor say I'm doing good. Gave me a ovulation stick & ultrascan appt for dis Saturday. Ask me to test on Saturday morning, if 2 lines hb need to go together. I'm on puregon injection 75. Recommended follicles size by doctor is at least 17mm, but my biggest is only 10.5 now. Possible to increase within 2 days to 17mm? Possible to ovulate so early? As this is my first iui, I wanna learn more.

I think everyone's menstrual cycle different, some is short and some is long. A bit hard to comment. But it is possible to catch up in a few days... And you may not test positive on sat...

Hello ladies,

I need the number (kkh) to call on the 1St day of the cycle... I have misplaced all my documents.... T_T.... Now waiting for AF to kick start my so-iui

Back