Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Chr nurse say i can choose 1 or 2. Pc wong suggest 1. But i jus put 2 leh, since my ET gonna be by Dr Lim and not pc wong

Do u know the grades of ur blastos? Those being freeze and transferred?
Hi Ohy,
Im very blur in everything when doing OR & ET. Tbh, my mentality is have jiu have. Dont have recuperate and try again. So when the lab called and tell me how many fertilized, how many turned blast. I didnt know i have to ask the grade of the blast. Haha!
Conclusion is:
16 eggs retrieved (Day 1)
10 fertilized (Day 2)
5 good grades, 4 satisfactory grades, 1 died(Day 3)
3 very satisfied, 5 satisfactory ( Day 4)
And i did 1 ET on Day 5.
And tadah~ im 7wks + 1 preggy now.
Haha~ I have faith in Pc Wong. So this is my outcome. Response from him on every checkup was 'VERY GOOD' thats all.

Mercilon is the contraceptive pill to be taken between day 1-3 when ur Mendes come for 21 days prepare for FET.
The pill taken on day 18 is Nor-e
Yesyes.. i took Nor-e on day 18th of my mense to prepare for fresh cycle.
So i didnt take mercilon. Hehe~

Hi ladies,

Can u kindly share with me NUH's protocol.. My BFF is starting on her cycle soon and I would like to prob share with her some experiences here. She mentioned something about Nor-E on day 18 of menses followed by 4 days of rest and start stimulation on 5th day. What is the common prescribed stimulation drugs and how many days will that be? Same goes for trigger as well. Thanks for sharing. :)

yup i just called. he will be away till sept 12. anyway i was wondering if any girls here triggered w suprefact? did u experience alot of empty follicles/immature eggs? thanks!

@happynods..
I tried both suprefact n ovidrel..both cycles have 2 empty/ immature follicles.
On the contrary, i tried the pregnyl hcg trigger (nt @ nuh) n got 4 immature follicles.
Fyi..i usu retrieved like 7 to 9 eggs only.
I think u may read elsewhere that some dr said suprefact no good..
But i guess it is really a combination of many factors on the outcome..

Dun think too much :)

@happynods..
I tried both suprefact n ovidrel..both cycles have 2 empty/ immature follicles.
On the contrary, i tried the pregnyl hcg trigger (nt @ nuh) n got 4 immature follicles.
Fyi..i usu retrieved like 7 to 9 eggs only.
I think u may read elsewhere that some dr said suprefact no good..
But i guess it is really a combination of many factors on the outcome..

Dun think too much :)

thanks! yeah! i read that trigger is very important and different trigger can give very different results. my first cycle i didn't have any embryos to transfer.. got many empty follicles and immature eggs, finally only 2 fertilise, i did pgd. came back all abnormal. i just discussed with prof at my review and i trust him! so we are going to go ahead with the 2nd fresh under prof again when my next period comes.

thanks! yeah! i read that trigger is very important and different trigger can give very different results. my first cycle i didn't have any embryos to transfer.. got many empty follicles and immature eggs, finally only 2 fertilise, i did pgd. came back all abnormal. i just discussed with prof at my review and i trust him! so we are going to go ahead with the 2nd fresh under prof again when my next period comes.
Hugz.. Must be tough on you. We r all in good hands of Prof.. So no worries.. :)

Oh so are u starting in Aug or sept?

my period should come in a few days then start nor e on day 18.. so i believe my stims jab will be in sept and prof should be back JUST IN TIME for my ER and ET. haha. but if i stim very fast then also ok lor.. leave it to fate.
Oh then you need to be on nor e for how many days?

Oh then you need to be on nor e for how many days?

nurse say when period come then call her and she will inform me.. previously i was on nor e for 10 days, rest 4 days, start stim jabs after that.. i think they get you to take nor e based on where they can schedule and fit you in.

nurse say when period come then call her and she will inform me.. previously i was on nor e for 10 days, rest 4 days, start stim jabs after that.. i think they get you to take nor e based on where they can schedule and fit you in.
Yeah I know.. So U will start stim with another doc while prof is not around or till Nor e till he's back to start your stim?

I see, what's the dosage you were on?

menopur 75, gonalf 225, stim for 10.5days. quite high dose for first ivf but my amh is also a little low..

produced 13 follies which is qt equal in size, but only 9 eggs, 5 mature,2 fertlised, both abnormal after pgd.

after review, prof said im within acceptable range, doesn't seem to have egg quality issues so for nxt round we just gotta up the dose, get more eggs, so more will fertilise and can be tested.

menopur 75, gonalf 225, stim for 10.5days. quite high dose for first ivf but my amh is also a little low..

produced 13 follies which is qt equal in size, but only 9 eggs, 5 mature,2 fertlised, both abnormal after pgd.

after review, prof said im within acceptable range, doesn't seem to have egg quality issues so for nxt round we just gotta up the dose, get more eggs, so more will fertilise and can be tested.
Oh I didn't know Nuh uses menopur

Hmm...I don't think i experience that....maybe you can call CHR and check:)
Ying1163, want to ask u do u know how many days of embryo to be thawed before transfer? All the frozen embryo I'll be thawed or the selected embryo only?
Now no more brown discharge not sure what reason.

Ying1163, want to ask u do u know how many days of embryo to be thawed before transfer? All the frozen embryo I'll be thawed or the selected embryo only?
Now no more brown discharge not sure what reason.
Depending on how many embryo you going to transfer...Normally they will thaw the best embryo...i don't know how many days before will they thaw the embryo leh...normally I jus follow the timeline the doc tell me:)

Hi ladies I will be returning 90eggs at Geck Hong Tian temple (495 havelock road) on 1aug. Will be there ard 10am. Feel like to go there Collect the red eggs.

Ylgoh, how is ur progress? When is ur FET?[/QUOTE
My appointment for scanning is on 8 Aug hopefully everything goes well and transfer on 12 or 13 Aug. I hope is 12 Aug which is before prof on leave.
Now on 6 mg of progynova twice a day. How about u?

Ylgoh, how is ur progress? When is ur FET?
My appointment for scanning is on 8 Aug hopefully everything goes well and transfer on 12 or 13 Aug. I hope is 12 Aug which is before prof on leave.

My scan is on 12Aug and if everything is gd, transfer on 17aug. Am now also on 2tabs progynova twice a day :)
Wishing u best of luck for mon scan!

Hi @happynods can i check where u did ur pgs? & what was the cost like?

@ylgoh I will be going to NUH for BT at 8am on 8 Aug :)

I just took my last Mercilon tablet yesterday. This morning, I had spotting and I was surprised menses came that quickly. Even the nurse was surprised. However, towards the later part of today, there was no more spotting. Anyone encountered this after finishing their course of Mercilon?

@ylgoh I will be going to NUH for BT at 8am on 8 Aug :)

I just took my last Mercilon tablet yesterday. This morning, I had spotting and I was surprised menses came that quickly. Even the nurse was surprised. However, towards the later part of today, there was no more spotting. Anyone encountered this after finishing their course of Mercilon?
Hi Pamm,
My menses only cue 3 days after finish Mercilon. I found that after taking Mercilon menses flow was lesser than usual.

Hi ladies,

I am going to start my ivf cycle in Sept 16, but i realise there is change to the program.

anyway next year there is 2 x chinese 7th month, anyone know when is it?

and also if I will to start my program on Sept, if pregnant, roughly when is the edd?

Back