2016/07 July babies

@candy - 2 wet diapers seems too little. You latch him mostly? Perhaps u feed more ebm today instead of latching so u can track his intake and monitor his output. At jaundice check at poly, the doc referred my girl to hospital as she only had 3 wet diapers that day. Following that, I increased her ebm feeds and latched less as she had tendency to fall aslp not long after latching.
On bb wear, I think should wear long sleeves and pants if bb slps in air-conditioned rm. Otherwise, I would just dress in short sleeve top and diaper and either cover or swaddle with a nappy cloth. Makes diaper changing easier too, lol.

@verluv - hv u completely recovered yet? Must hv been an awful few days for u. Must take care. U were not latching or expressing for one to two days when you were down with mastitis? Could that or the medication be the cause of your drop in supply? Don't think too much about the numbers, it will increase gradually with rest. Sashimi, fennel and fenugreek tea worked as supply boosters for me previously. I've also read several articles on cashew nuts and potato leaves as milk boosters too. I eat potato leaves quite often, so far so good. Can give these a try if you want.

CL taught me the leg chest exercise when my baby never poop for 3 days. It works. And yesterday while I was changing diapers, baby gave me 3 shit explosion. Almost couldn't handle the situation.

For the leg chest exercise, watch 1:20 onwards. It is basically to push both legs towards baby's chest. And CL shared that as you clean off the poo with clean cotton balls or wet tissue, do expect more poo will come out. Baby likes it clean.

@candymoshi 2 wet diapers seems quite little. Especially breastfeed babies who disgest milk really fast and can poop a little almost after every feed.

How's your baby weight gain? Did PD say anything?

BTW, what is the ang pow amount you all give your CL when she leaves?

My first confinement, opening angpow $50, closing $150... She is not very good but she was cheap, $2.1k in 2014, so I gave more closing angpow.

My second confinement, opening angpow $50, closing $88... She is very good! But I am also broke bcos I extended her for 3days, at $100/day.

@candymoshi 2 wet diapers seems quite little. Especially breastfeed babies who disgest milk really fast and can poop a little almost after every feed.

How's your baby weight gain? Did PD say anything?

Today I will track his diapers carefully. He is 4.4kg now, which means there is still gain... 2 poops and 2 wet diapers since 12mn for today... Not bad...

Last nite managed to latch him twice using a cushion, dun need carry. Shiok!

Does your baby treat your boobs like a pacifier ??

I think mine does ..when she is tired and I carry her...she will cry and cry till I shove my boob of her and she will suck as she falls asleep

Does your baby treat your boobs like a pacifier ??

I think mine does ..when she is tired and I carry her...she will cry and cry till I shove my boob of her and she will suck as she falls asleep

Ya mine also comfort latches, but I try not to or else my nips will be on overtime with no payout LOL

She has been tetchy since 6 am, so tired. I finally decided to put her in my Moby bamboo wrap, and omg finally she sleeps. Think she is colicky, try or burp her to no avail, but can hear the gas and her tummy quite distended. Hubby ran out to get ridwind for her, she hates it but I force it down with syringe. Hope it works soon. Dropping nasi lemak on her as I gulp my lunch ha!

My right is indeed a bit bigger than my left boob. Doubt my left is blocked duct tho as whole breast is softie after a good pump/latch. I call it the inferior boob lol.

Most of the time my gal also comfort latch. But sometimes she really sucks and drinks which my breasts love (after being hardened on sleep mode for hrs). However bottle feed is so much faster and I can track her intake. But then it's because CL still around to wash the bottles and pump. I intend to delegate this "job" to hubby once she leaves.

Just thought i could share this to give a little encouragement to mummies who are questioning their milk output.

I just yield 150ml of ebm! I'm at day 28. Every week the yield improves. And also, my bb no longer just needs 100ml per feed but more. So maybe my body is getting the signal. Or I must be doing something right today I don't know.

So mummies, keep going and jiayou. (But don't stress over it too!)

Hi mummy, do you yourself poo everyday? I ate lot of veg. But don't poo everyday
Did ur doc give u stool softener? After delivery they gave me 3 times a day, and 2 bottles to bring back if I didn't move bowels...

Maybe u can try more fruits, veg fibre is hard type according to my dietitian, she advised me to take 2 portion fruits a day, the fruit fibres are more "gel" type and moves smoother in the bowels. And drink more water.

Mine has been like clockwork, 6 am every day since discharged from kkh. I do drink a lot of water cos I am aiming for total breast feed tho....and milk...and oat milk...and Milo....

Did ur doc give u stool softener? After delivery they gave me 3 times a day, and 2 bottles to bring back if I didn't move bowels...

Maybe u can try more fruits, veg fibre is hard type according to my dietitian, she advised me to take 2 portion fruits a day, the fruit fibres are more "gel" type and moves smoother in the bowels. And drink more water.

Mine has been like clockwork, 6 am every day since discharged from kkh. I do drink a lot of water cos I am aiming for total breast feed tho....and milk...and oat milk...and Milo....
I took 1bottle stool softener. See ok I stop. I drink lot of water n eat lot of veg. I saw the new oat milk. Shall try after confinement. Few more days.

Just thought i could share this to give a little encouragement to mummies who are questioning their milk output.

I just yield 150ml of ebm! I'm at day 28. Every week the yield improves. And also, my bb no longer just needs 100ml per feed but more. So maybe my body is getting the signal. Or I must be doing something right today I don't know.

So mummies, keep going and jiayou. (But don't stress over it too!)
Wow so nice!! So happy to hear that u are increasing your output.. Think latching really helps. My girl juz refuse to latch. So I have no choice but to pump more diligently.
My left breast also produce lesser than my right but my left is bigger from my last pregnancy.. Hopefully now my right will be bigger this time round and will balance out both.

Pre preg I poo only twice a week :( Now, I actually poo more like alternate days. And a lot of gas! (From ginger)

Qn: those out at manyue party (meaning not held at residence), are you gonna bring pump along?

Pre preg I poo only twice a week :( Now, I actually poo more like alternate days. And a lot of gas! (From ginger)

Qn: those out at manyue party (meaning not held at residence), are you gonna bring pump along?
Dun think will bring pump...coz won't have time to pump? Today I went back office to distribute the cakes.... And didn't pump for 6 hours....the boobs are like rocks

I'm going over to my mil place and then to office and back to my mil place and will be out for the whole day. So definitely need to bring pump along.

Will not bring the pump, don't think will have time to pump. I will put on breast pad, in case it leak. :p

Will pump before go out. Then put breast pad. Then come home pump again.

I'll be out for at least 6hrs-7hrs. I dread the thought of pumping at the venue. And preparing ice packs etc. so long baby latch every hr or so should be ok right (as in my breasts)?

Now with CL, the routine has been only latch 2-3x a day. After latch bb still want top up so will give ebm or fm. Therefore will still pump few x a day.

So I have to pack some FM powder along on Sunday.

Oh ya now I always bring breast pads whenever I go out. Just in case.

Last edited:
Haha just stuff them inside the bra lor.

I did try once at home. Maybe the brand doesn't suit me. Make my boobs damn itchy.

I thought it was pigeon that gave me nip itch. Or it could be a sample pair of another brand. Can't remember.

I don't wear breast pad at home leh. Yes sometimes leaks but very little only. Doesn't quite bother me. I guess I rather feel wet over there than itchy :p

Hello mummy,

Due to water level low, my doctor decide to bring forward my planned c-section to tomorrow. Suddenly i am a july mummy. ha ha.

I will be doing it at KKH tomorrow morning. All the best to the rest of you mummy. Jia you

Hello mummy,

Due to water level low, my doctor decide to bring forward my planned c-section to tomorrow. Suddenly i am a july mummy. ha ha.

I will be doing it at KKH tomorrow morning. All the best to the rest of you mummy. Jia you

Welcome to July mummies group! Have a smooth and safe delivery!

Can I ask a silly question? 28 days confinement is calculated from date of delivery or the day CL comes? I.e 2 days post delivery

Can I ask a silly question? 28 days confinement is calculated from date of delivery or the day CL comes? I.e 2 days post delivery

I think it's 28 days after delivery...

But some says 40 days. So I still keep some confinement practices after 28days...

Trying to have no cold drinks for as long as I can and wear longs... Yday I finally stop wearing long pants cos so hard to bathe bb. But I now I feel cold at times haha!

I popped on 1jul but CL came on 4Jul. So her service of 28days ends 31jul. So I just take it confinement ends on 31Jul. I wanna eat the manyue catering food on 31jul haha.

So what did you order of outside food verluv? :)

I have completed my full month!!! My mil says since it's a girl it should end one day earlier so today I finally can go out and I'm having outside food!!!!
Hmm got like that one? Anyway don't take toxic food like yam, cabbage n young tongfu first. No seafood except fish.

Why cannot take yong tou fu? When can we take seafood.....really craving for crabs
If I not wrong seafood may cos wound area itchy especially we csect one. I probably wait at least 2mths then take. Will check how the healing of wound during postnatal check. U can check with your gynae too.

I popped on 1jul but CL came on 4Jul. So her service of 28days ends 31jul. So I just take it confinement ends on 31Jul. I wanna eat the manyue catering food on 31jul haha.

So what did you order of outside food verluv? :)
This morning I had minced meat noodle! Then I went to my mil place and they had durian which I took a bit. I went back office and realized that there is a lot of work to be done. I juz reached home and waiting for my hubby for dinner!! Dinner nothing fantastic Coz it's home cooked food! Shall have a good feast this weekend

My LO so stick to Cl, when he is in bad mood and cried, I carry him he will cry even louder as if I kidnapped him. When I hand over to Cl, he will stop crying immediately. Sigh . Anyone face this problem ? I wonder what should I do after Cl left ..

My LO so stick to Cl, when he is in bad mood and cried, I carry him he will cry even louder as if I kidnapped him. When I hand over to Cl, he will stop crying immediately. Sigh . Anyone face this problem ? I wonder what should I do after Cl left ..
My mum carry my LO. He also calm down very quickly. If me carry, cry even louder then keep turn n look for my breast. Arrrgh. Make me look moo moo

Is it because of the way baby is being carried ? Mine seems to have a habit of wanting to be carried....gosh...and yes when I carry she will cry and want to comfort latch even after I have bottle feed her....she will latch till she sleeps and once I put her on bed, eyes big big and starts crying again
*pull hair moment*

At first I also though maybe due to the way I carry him .. Then I follow how Cl carry him but he still keep crying non stop, fail to calm him down. Is it becoz He recognize ppl by their smell ?

Juz had the eyes open big big episode juz now! She was supposed to sleep after feed. But who knows she refused to sleep n open her eyes widely. I was very tired today as I woke up very early n of Coz din nap Coz I went back office today and stayed at my in law place till after dinner. On top of this, my eldest was sick and my second one was full of energy! Omg!
Finally coax her to sleep n I realized that I only left with an hr before her next feed.. This is really getting on my nerves! Dunno how to tong my night tonight..

Hi mummies,

Finally gave birth to a healthy baby girl on Friday evening after 25 hours of labour.

Was induced on 28 July as EDD was on 27 July and my weight has been constant the past 2 months so gynae suggested to induce asap. Was induced at 4pm and felt no contraction with only 1cm dilation till 3am where I felt slight contractions.

Gynae came and burst water bag at 8am. Contractions became very intense and laughing gas was of no help. Chickened out on natural delivery without epidural and requested for epidural at 1pm. Epidural really does the trick. Totally feel nothing at all. At 1pm was 2cm dilated only and after taking epidural, within 3 hours I was fully dilated at 4.25pm.

As my gynae had 2 other patients who were also fully dilated so I had to wait for my turn to push. Started pushing at 5+ and within 5 minutes baby was out!

Long long process and first time being a mum, the feeling when I get to hold my baby in my arms was indescribable..

Currently nursing my LO and I'm so glad she's latching so well. :)

I experienced the same thing with both kids. I was told (by my friends) that it's the milk smell that we have, causing bb to want to latch and when we don't latch them, they cry...

For no1, I bottle feed ebm, so I tried to carry him upright (away from breast level) and slowly he doesn't look for me to latch anymore.

For no2, I latching most of the time. I find that he doesn't look for my boobs except as much, only when he is hungry, and when he is sleepy but can't go to sleep. Suckling motion make him drowsy to sleep.

Btw, dun have to worry about CL leaving. Babies r very adaptable. They will soon realised that CL (smell) wun come back and will pick up ur smell and other caretakers. My CL left on Monday, I think by Tuesday I'm coping better alr. U mummies have the wonder soother which is the boobs!

Anyway, need to whine. No2 was awake today from 4plus feed. Until 2 feeds later, finally sleeping after 8plus feed. I have been feeding him 2hrly cos need to stop him from crying and waking no1. It's very hard to sleep train/feed train him like dat...

Congrats Rachel on ur delivery!

Back