Anyone on early bedrest?

LadyP

Hi ladies, anyone told to go on modified bedrest at home? My gynae has advised me to do so after my cerclage next week at 13 weeks plus. I have not even gone anywhere except the clinic this pregnancy; I guess I will be staying in my bed and at home for the rest of it. Would love to make friends with anyone who's on bedrest. I will be reading lots and playing games on my iPad but it will be tough as I also have acid reflux and lying down will make it worse. Sigh.

Hi.. What's the reason that you need to bedrest? Anyway, now i was given a week mc to rest at home as i had some minor spotting around 14wks. Doctor advise to walk lesser and rest more..

Hi.. What's the reason that you need to bedrest? Anyway, now i was given a week mc to rest at home as i had some minor spotting around 14wks. Doctor advise to walk lesser and rest more..

Hi Missyjade,

I have had a second trimester miscarriage previously from incompetent cervix which causes my amniotic sac to burst very early and results in premature labor.

I just did a cerclage (cervical stitch) so my doc wants me to be very conservative n do bedrest for as long as possible. I m only 14 weeks now but since my earlier miscarriage took place around 16 weeks, he wants me to get over this danger milestone.

I simply lie in bed almost 90% of the day n get up to eat, shower (sitting on stool) and use the toilet. At least yours is just one week!

Hi ladies, anyone told to go on modified bedrest at home? My gynae has advised me to do so after my cerclage next week at 13 weeks plus. I have not even gone anywhere except the clinic this pregnancy; I guess I will be staying in my bed and at home for the rest of it. Would love to make friends with anyone who's on bedrest. I will be reading lots and playing games on my iPad but it will be tough as I also have acid reflux and lying down will make it worse. Sigh.
Hi LadyP, how are you doing now? I'm also doing bedrest now at week 14.

Back