7th Month - can go zoo?

Hi,

We went to the zoo n spent whole day there on 2nd day of 7th mth. Any concerns why cant go zoo. Its during daytime anyway.

I went to the zoo to stare at Orang Utan cos I love them. My dd doesnt look like a monkey. I swam in the pool till I was too heavy & tired at 8th month. Nothing happens. I walk a lot to Botanic Gardens & Macritchie reservoir & did Yoga till 9th month for my 2nd dd. It all boils down to common sense. Stop when feeling discomfort. Just enjoy ur pregnancy.

i dont think the baby can appreciate going to the zoo at that age. And i guess, those animal furs and smell might get her sick. Wait till he gets a little older.

As long as you make sure no dehydration and sunburnt. Unlikely you will stay for wholde day anyway.

Prob morning go, lunch then baby needs to sleep already.

Zoo pool not recommended,
Baby of this age will likely gulp the water.

And it is not that clean...

To soho (soho),

it took more than a year for me to spot your thread. LOL... :)

1. Mother Brylina (brylina) is right.
2. Mother Moon (ltbs2006) is partially right.

七月不宜带小孩到处走。Including zoo, beach, shopping mall, restaurant, hawker centre, cinema, playground and etc.

I have lived in the United States and stayed in many countries, Chinese lunar 7th month is a ghost festival no matter which part of the world. 七月份的好兄弟确实是存在,出来游荡比平常多。

Some children fall sick out of sudden or unusual cry at night or meet accident/mishap or die. 所有迹象,多半皆与游魂有关。

I have seen 游魂 followed a cute toddler girl and subsequently sneaked into the house. True enough, something happened. At that particular wee hours, parents panicky carried her (in her father's arm), hailing a taxi. Probably, rushing to A & E.

My advice to everybody is, try not to bring children out in Chinese lunar 7th month.

Welcome to participate in praying for having a child:
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/7644621.html?1365597588

To Tammy Lim (sundaymorning),

Chinese Lunar 7th month is between 7 August and 4 September 2013 (7 August - 21 August; try to avoid). 孩子以及孕妇能在家里就在家里

Old folks often advised adults refrain from bringing kids going out at night (even if it is not 7th month) must seriously take into consideration.

People always heard from others and refused to accept these nonsense mother goose stories. Inevitably, 这个就变成半信半疑. Honest words come from my writing (based on my true experience not from third parties), hope parents take it serious.

Last edited:
so if ur baby is born in July, but full month party is in August during hungry ghost month, is it okay to proceed with full month party & go around distribute cakes?

Dear Madam Catherine,

孩子满月没有避忌。值得令人高兴的事情。还是照样可以派红鸡蛋、喜饼。

结婚的话,就要择日了。七月份很多老人家不喜欢年轻人办娶嫁喜事。

Last edited:
Hi Jolyon ,
Thank you , i have put a note on my calendar !
happy.gif

To soho (soho),

it took more than a year for me to spot your thread. LOL... :)

1. Mother Brylina (brylina) is right.
2. Mother Moon (ltbs2006) is partially right.

七月不宜带小孩到处走。Including zoo, beach, shopping mall, restaurant, hawker centre, cinema, playground and etc.

I have lived in the United States and stayed in many countries, Chinese lunar 7th month is a ghost festival no matter which part of the world. 七月份的好兄弟确实是存在,出来游荡比平常多。

Some children fall sick out of sudden or unusual cry at night or meet accident/mishap or die. 所有迹象,多半皆与游魂有关。

I have seen 游魂 followed a cute toddler girl and subsequently sneaked into the house. True enough, something happened. At that particular wee hours, parents panicky carried her (in her father's arm), hailing a taxi. Probably, rushing to A & E.

My advice to everybody is, try not to bring children out in Chinese lunar 7th month.

Welcome to participate in praying for having a child:
http://singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/7644621.html?1365597588
if the spirit can follow lo into the house , possible that the spirit just float in / fly in thru the window etc although we nv bring lo out and kacheow lo ?

Hi Shifu,

Is it advisable to let toddler wear Lp Thuad Thai amulet ( clip on her shirt) instead of keeping Chinese talisman?

Is for general protection as sometimes we do bring her our late weekend evening for dinner.

Thanks in advance

师父,请问在七月可以带小孩出门吗? 有归定的时间吗?我的儿子7。30pm-9pm有武术班可以去吗?谢谢。

Back