IVF/ICSI Support Group

Almondearie, stay positive and don't think too much. Jiayou jiayou! :)

I tried the bottled/pre-packed type of Ensure milk and personally don't quite enjoy it (strawberry flavor tasted like cough syrup to me). You may want to start with the small tin to see if you like it. Ntuc does carry.
Cos I got the feeling like my AF going to report which is the pressure in the v area or lower pelvic... The pressure came and went tho. I guess I shdnt jump the gun if I don't see actual blood. I'll try not to think too much.

Just dreaming that it will be damn cool if we BFP together. If so, we shd all go buy 4D. Date of BT. $3 big $3 small. The following Sat. Haha. :)

Haha I bought both chocolate and vanilla. I prefer vanilla. After a while, I would auto reach out for it. Finish the small tin in 1 week. Yup expensive!

Find the pre-mixed packet one taste different. Not as nice but dunno why...

It's better to test and know what you are in for rather than you worry and fear till BT day...

If you saw double lines, walking to KKIVF on BT day is like walking on sunshine, can go for Mac breakfast and wait for the nurse to announce the good news.
i agree :) latest test the day before BT. mentally more prepared and don't need to make 2 trips to kkh.

Yes the choco pre mixed one tasted very thick and somewhat artificial. If u use powder, follow the given instruction of 200 ml water and 6 scoops powder. Cap and shake vigorously and it will turn out very smooth. This is the 1st time I prefer vanilla to choco in my life though! Maybe taste bud change already...hahaha.

Jennycsy, I started taking it twice a day during stims as I couldn't make myself take more than 2 eggs a day.

i agree :) latest test the day before BT. mentally more prepared and don't need to make 2 trips to kkh.
Actually, do you agree the blood test should be included in some package rather than ala carte? I remember those days with BFN, already so pek cek liao still have to extract blood and pay for the blood test :/

But with BFP, everything also can :p

Yes the choco pre mixed one tasted very thick and somewhat artificial. If u use powder, follow the given instruction of 200 ml water and 6 scoops powder. Cap and shake vigorously and it will turn out very smooth. This is the 1st time I prefer vanilla to choco in my life though! Maybe taste bud change already...hahaha.

Jennycsy, I started taking it twice a day during stims as I couldn't make myself take more than 2 eggs a day.
I see.. i just had 2 eggs for lunch. :D

I marvel at the strength we all ivf-ers show. This is really not an easy journey with so many hurdles and ups and downs. This is only my 1st cycle and I'm so inspired by all the tenacity and courage u ladies have shown. Let's hope all of us BFP and bring home the baby we all want so much :)

Will be heeding the advice here and go buy hpt on standby!

Actually, do you agree the blood test should be included in some package rather than ala carte? I remember those days with BFN, already so pek cek liao still have to extract blood and pay for the blood test :/

I feel the neonatal insurance like out to cheat ppl money.. I feel they should only ask us to pay after our bt result if we bfp n not ask ur to pay on et day or latest 5 days after et

yup, my hubby (accountant la) always tell me if hpt then what for pay for BT. lol.

The worst is bfn n received that stupid ins in your mailbox

I feel the neonatal insurance like out to cheat ppl money.. I feel they should only ask us to pay after our bt result if we bfp n not ask ur to pay on et day or latest 5 days after et
Insurance is like that one mah, got to pay premium first before things happen and usually you don't wish things to happen, so it can be taken like money going down the drain. There was a time I forgot to pay the neonatal insurance and it happened it was a BFN, so ok lor :p

yup, my hubby (accountant la) always tell me if hpt then what for pay for BT. lol.
I used to think of that too...like non-IVF mommies, when they go to clinics to test for pregnancy, the gynae also passed them a cheapskate cassette pregnancy test and determine if it's double lines or single line.

But I guess, blood test is more of finding out the HcG level, so that support can be given appropriately.

It's better to test and know what you are in for rather than you worry and fear till BT day...

If you saw double lines, walking to KKIVF on BT day is like walking on sunshine, can go for Mac breakfast and wait for the nurse to announce the good news.
There was talk of medication affecting Hcg readings and giving false readings? Is it the progesterone suppositories?

See lah, I always read things then remember half only...

There was talk of medication affecting Hcg readings and giving false readings? Is it the progesterone suppositories?

Yup Yup...no, it's not the progesterone. It's the trigger shot. The progynova and crinone gel will not affect the readings. So by day 7 or 8, the Hcg from the trigger shot would have flushed out from the system liaos.

Insurance is like that one mah, got to pay premium first before things happen and usually you don't wish things to happen, so it can be taken like money going down the drain. There was a time I forgot to pay the neonatal insurance and it happened it was a BFN, so ok lor :p
Normally pregnancy insurance is pregnant den buy de ma

Normally pregnancy insurance is pregnant den buy de ma
true also lo..for different situations lo.

Actually, if you skip the neonatal insurance and happens that you BFP, the worst case scenario is not being covered niahs. Your pregnancy insurance should be able to cover (I think)

Yup Yup...no, it's not the progesterone. It's the trigger shot. The progynova and crinone gel will not affect the readings. So by day 7 or 8, the Hcg from the trigger shot would have flushed out from the system liaos.
Oic. Okok, maybe I'll try testing on day before BT... :)

true also lo..for different situations lo.

Actually, if you skip the neonatal insurance and happens that you BFP, the worst case scenario is not being covered niahs. Your pregnancy insurance should be able to cover (I think)
I've heard from non mummy friends that the normal preg insurance does not cover IVF babies.... :(

Almondearie if u wan test dun buy the cheapo hpt lei.. Use clearblue.. Lol those cheapo de sometime hcg not high enough test bo
Actually hor, have double lines means have, don't have means don't have. If the cheapo cannot pick up the HcG levels, I would say generally it's quite worrying...

Actually hor, have double lines means have, don't have means don't have. If the cheapo cannot pick up the HcG levels, I would say generally it's quite worrying...
Meaning Hcg levels are very low right? Even if preggie also NG. But I thot the Hcg will increase? So by 8 or 9days past transfer, Hcg levels are supposed to be high enough for double lines even on cheapo kits?

Meaning Hcg levels are very low right? Even if preggie also NG. But I thot the Hcg will increase? So by 8 or 9days past transfer, Hcg levels are supposed to be high enough for double lines even on cheapo kits?
If pregnancy is viable, safe safe is 3 digits on your BT day (so definitely cheapo kits can pick up the Hcg level even 2-4 days away cos they pick up Hcg level of 25). Yup, you are right. So if you see 2 strong lines on your HPT, you should be quite safe, to date.

If pregnancy is viable, safe safe is 3 digits on your BT day (so definitely cheapo kits can pick up the Hcg level even 2-4 days away cos they pick up Hcg level of 25). Yup, you are right. So if you see 2 strong lines on your HPT, you should be quite safe, to date.
Thanks for your advice, towkayneo! :)

wishing u ladies all the luck and hit that BFP jackpot!!
On another note, I'm going for my FET in 2 weeks time! A little bit nervous now.. any last min advice ladies?? what should i do more now? Already am drinking red date tea, red bean soup on alternate days.. anything else i should take note and take care of? *worried*

wishing u ladies all the luck and hit that BFP jackpot!!
On another note, I'm going for my FET in 2 weeks time! A little bit nervous now.. any last min advice ladies?? what should i do more now? Already am drinking red date tea, red bean soup on alternate days.. anything else i should take note and take care of? *worried*
All the best dear.

If you are on hcg support jab like pregynl every few days then it is not accurate cos hcg in support jab can still be in your system. Other support like crinone, oil base jab or proluton won't cause false positive cos no hcg.

If you are on hcg support jab like pregynl every few days then it is not accurate cos hcg in support jab can still be in your system. Other support like crinone, oil base jab or proluton won't cause false positive cos no hcg.
I only on crinone... Should be fine then. Thanks!

Back