IVF at KKH

Hi, I am currently in the Jul cycle of IVF and am taking her gonal-f jabs. I am having cold and cough and my GP is not confident of prescribing medicine cos I am on IVF. Does anyone know if I can take any off-the-shelf medicine (like panadol cold, woods cough mixture)?

Hi, I am currently in the Jul cycle of IVF and am taking her gonal-f jabs. I am having cold and cough and my GP is not confident of prescribing medicine cos I am on IVF. Does anyone know if I can take any off-the-shelf medicine (like panadol cold, woods cough mixture)?
Hi @ateo2290 , I aso currently in july ivf cycle
I fall sick before i start jabbing and I go see doctor n told him i will be starting my ivf soon. He prescribed antibiotics n soft thoart medicine for me. Antibiotics are safe during ivf but i need to stop the soft thoart medicine once i start jabbing. But lucky I managed to recover before i start jab.
Doctor told me have to be careful while taking flu medicine. If it contain pseudoephednine, is not safe for us
If ur GP is not confident, then you may want to call the hospital where u do ur ivf n inquiry

Hi ladies!! I'm scheduled for IVF at SGH in August. Been ttc for more than 2 years & tried 3 unsuccessful iui. So decided to go for IVF.

I'm wondering if there is anything that I have to take note during the injection phase.

Hi.. Can I have ur comments/advice if u r in my situation.

- Age 31
- History of endometrosis 2010. On Yasmin pills till 2013. 3 years.
- 2 failed IUI(clomid)
- 8 days 175ml puregon jab
- Last scan 11 follicles
RT 20 14 8.5 6 5
LT 19 17 14.5 9 8 6.5
Lining 9 triple
- Eggs retrieved 11
- Eggs fertilized 4 - 3 grade 4 and 1 grade 3.

Doctor say either i continue let the eggs compete till day 5 and insert best 1 OR compete till day 3 and insert best 2.

How like that?

Thx in advance.

hi there, i juz did my egg transfer today. I transfer mine on D5, let doc choose best 2, although he recommended to put 1. it is reli up to individual, my thinking is if embryo can survive outside longer, let this be our fighter... discuss wif ur hubby the options..

Hi all

Today had 2nd scanning after a week of jabbing

Follicles size :-
Right side - 11,11,8.5,7.5,6,6.5,5
Left side - 11,10,8,6

Lining 8.8mm triple

And was given increased dosage of Gonal F for the smaller eggs to grow faster and go back friday for scanning again

Can i ask.. are we allowed to drink- Red dates, Goji Berries, Chicken Essence during the 2ww? my body type is cold.. i was thinking what can i drink beside plain water to warm my womb without affecting my 2 embryos..

Can i ask.. are we allowed to drink- Red dates, Goji Berries, Chicken Essence during the 2ww? my body type is cold.. i was thinking what can i drink beside plain water to warm my womb without affecting my 2 embryos..
@sephy20... Yes. U can drink red dates with goji berries. In fact, some ladies on the other ivf thread drink it daily. Can add some longan if you don't find it too heaty. Chicken essence can drink too but buy those without Chinese herb. You may want to try Eu Yan Sang chicken essence with red dates & goji berries. Personally, I think it taste much better than brands'. Some ladies make their own chicken essence. U may try it too!
All the best for your 2ww! Take good care... Stay positive and be happy!

@sephy20... Yes. U can drink red dates with goji berries. In fact, some ladies on the other ivf thread drink it daily. Can add some longan if you don't find it too heaty. Chicken essence can drink too but buy those without Chinese herb. You may want to try Eu Yan Sang chicken essence with red dates & goji berries. Personally, I think it taste much better than brands'. Some ladies make their own chicken essence. U may try it too!
All the best for your 2ww! Take good care... Stay positive and be happy!
Thank u Mrs Chan 00! :)

Hi ladies!! I'm scheduled for IVF at SGH in August. Been ttc for more than 2 years & tried 3 unsuccessful iui. So decided to go for IVF.

I'm wondering if there is anything that I have to take note during the injection phase.
Hi @shirleyadele drink lots of water. The nurse told me that the jab are heaty :D im also with SGH just started jab last week.

May i know how much is it?

I just check the bill, total is $323 (before GST). Breakdown is :-
Registration & counselling by nurse - $113
Counselling, consultation & consent, ART - $210

I think only KK charge this session, it seems SGH and NUH don't charge for counselling session

Last edited:

I think only KK charge this session, it seems SGH and NUH don't charge for counselling session

@bbdust81 Exactly.. I don't understand why is it KKH charge for this briefing & counseling..

@bbdust81 Exactly.. I don't understand why is it KKH charge for this briefing & counseling..

well...since we choose and trust KK, we have to pay..

I did ask Dr Tan HH why we need to pay this session while SGH and NUH is free. He reply that have to see the overall charges and KK is definitely cheaper than the other 2 hospitals

I just listen lor...I am now in my midst of my 1st fresh cycle and my experience with them still not so bad...so I think money spend is still worth it

Oic.. Ya this is my 1st cycle.. Very nervous.. My hubby will be helping me with the jabs. However, he has a business trip for 3 days which I have to do it on my own. :(
I see... its ok only 3days ;) jiayou.. i wanted to jab myself but i dont have the courage. Haha

Hello everyone,
It's my first time posting here and I'm starting my first ivf cycle with KKH. As advised, we are supposed to call up the clinic on 1st day of menses, but mine just came today, Sat (full flow). Since the hotline is not available on Sun, the only time I can make an appointment is on Mon, meaning I would only go for my 1st scan on Tues, the 4th day of my menses. Would that be too late? Has anyone turned up at the clinic for their 1st scan without appointment, especially since your menses came during the weekend?
Appreciate any advice or input.. Thank you so much in advance!

Hello everyone,
It's my first time posting here and I'm starting my first ivf cycle with KKH. As advised, we are supposed to call up the clinic on 1st day of menses, but mine just came today, Sat (full flow). Since the hotline is not available on Sun, the only time I can make an appointment is on Mon, meaning I would only go for my 1st scan on Tues, the 4th day of my menses. Would that be too late? Has anyone turned up at the clinic for their 1st scan without appointment, especially since your menses came during the weekend?
Hi @Faith05 I will be doing mine at SGH.. the nurse told me to call them on Monday morning if menses come on weekend & be on standby to go clinic for scan & collect the jabs on the same day. Not too sure if kkh is the same though..

Last edited:
Hello everyone,
If your menses came on sat afternoon, Sunday is counted as day 1. But yes likely you will be asked to go on tue. I started on Friday afternoon, they scheduled for me on mon, so technically also day 3. No issue. :)

wah so expensive

Hi all, I will start my ivf cycle on this month august cycle. Anyone here done endo scratching before ivf? I have done mine cos this is my 2nd cycle. Doc recommended to do it. I have some bleeding after that. I know bleeding will have but how long it last? Anyone experience before?

i will be going to to kkh to see one more time doc for consultation after my hb SA check on mid oct. May i know roughly when i will be schedule for ivf?

i will be going to to kkh to see one more time doc for consultation after my hb SA check on mid oct. May i know roughly when i will be schedule for ivf?
Heard that the appointment for ivf Q is pretty long at kkh. if you are going to see doc in mid oct i think your ivf cycle should be around jan or feb next year liao. Your first cycle?

I will be having my trigger shot tml nite, I heard this trigger shot is on buttocks? Will it very painful that difficult to walk and need someone to hold on U?

I will be having my trigger shot tml nite, I heard this trigger shot is on buttocks? Will it very painful that difficult to walk and need someone to hold on U?
Not very painful. but im not sure about your threshold of pain. Will be able to walk on your own dont worry. :) jiayou

Nope. u can walk by urself. I even drove a car. BUT i couldnt sleep on my left for abt 2 nights. At least thats how i feel.

my trigger shot was done on my thigh.. not buttocks.. but able to walk, juz ache for that 5-10mins..

Hi all, I am currently on my 5th day of oral medicine to induce my menses... Doctor told me to call the hospital for a scan once my menses come. I am given 7 days of medication so I should be able to complete my dose on friday. Will I be given MC for the scan next week? Thanks all... This is my first fresh ivf. I am straight to ivf without doing iui at all so am a noob about everything... I am doing IVF in KKH. Thanks....

Hi all, I am currently on my 5th day of oral medicine to induce my menses... Doctor told me to call the hospital for a scan once my menses come. I am given 7 days of medication so I should be able to complete my dose on friday. Will I be given MC for the scan next week? Thanks all... This is my first fresh ivf. I am straight to ivf without doing iui at all so am a noob about everything... I am doing IVF in KKH. Thanks....
Hihi.. u can ask d nurse for MC.. good luck!

Back