IVF/ICSI Support Group

Jz had the doc follow up. She mentioned the prob wif prev cycle was bcoz egg abnormality tts y no implantation. Low amh n low quality as well. Lik combo meal lik tt. 3 in 1. Doc suggested egg donor. Bt lik tt isnt it lik its nt reali yr bb? Haiz
Don't despair gal. You just need one good miracle. Believe u still young so pls try yr own. You can try saizen n pergoveris for better quality. Last time what grade u transfer. Doc is just guessing the possibility but it's too quick to make a decision to go for donor eggs I feel. If you trust yr body then tiao for tcm acu n herbs n try again.

Don't despair gal. You just need one good miracle. Believe u still young so pls try yr own. You can try saizen n pergoveris for better quality. Last time what grade u transfer. Doc is just guessing the possibility but it's too quick to make a decision to go for donor eggs I feel. If you trust yr body then tiao for tcm acu n herbs n try again.

Yup. Im nt givin up jz yet. Nt considering donar egg yet also. Doc said also will change med le. My grade was 4 durin trsf bt its cz,my egg dont look good tts y no implantation

Yup. Im nt givin up jz yet. Nt considering donar egg yet also. Doc said also will change med le. My grade was 4 durin trsf bt its cz,my egg dont look good tts y no implantation
Grade 4 is quite gd isn't it? Grade 5 is the best already right. U transferred blast or day 3?
What's ur AMH level? I did the test in feb last yr, more than 1 yr on I'm thinking if to redo it as I suspect my reserves have gone down with age and also after using up quite a number of eggs after 1 failed iui and IVF. Jia you if u decide to change doc. Dr S is the other alternative if u prefer female dr.
Btw how did u conclude egg abnormal? Did dr prescribe any tests?

Bt a bit weird hor. Havent try 2nd time ask ppl consider egg donor liao. I was tinkin no nd to tat extent now yet ba. Bt since she nv push e idea upon mi, I jz let it b lo. My hub seen her also b4, he said jessie seems quite experienced fr e way she ans our queries.

U only tried ivf once and is too soon to conclude u need egg donor. Even if low AMH n not responsive to jabs u can still try natural ivf with low dose stim med n just boost that one or two egg. I wouldn't give up yet especially at your age. Think about donor if u really fail few more times bah.
Having said that dr is just giving another option and as bad and negative as it seem, they want to inform u the other choices u have n not necessary trying to condemn u. Maybe the way she put across is not as tactful.

Grade 4 is quite gd isn't it? Grade 5 is the best already right. U transferred blast or day 3?
What's ur AMH level? I did the test in feb last yr, more than 1 yr on I'm thinking if to redo it as I suspect my reserves have gone down with age and also after using up quite a number of eggs after 1 failed iui and IVF. Jia you if u decide to change doc. Dr S is the other alternative if u prefer female dr.
Btw how did u conclude egg abnormal? Did dr prescribe any tests?

Yes grade 5 best bt doc told mi cz of my egg issue. Don look nice. Mine day w trsf. Amh 0.4 if I didnt rem wrong. Egg abnormality was wat doc told mi bt she didnt elaborate. Jz say egg doesnt look good gt abnormality lo..no other tesrs except to repeat hiv test.

Actually v confusing how can naked eye tell egg not good but still give it grade 4. Contradicting le. Anyway better u change doctor to THH. Don't think the difference in $$ is much. Pls consider. It's super duper demoralising when docs use words like donor eggs n surrogacy. It's like sword piercing knife feel and heart so heavy cannot swallow saliva also. If am you will change doc for sure.

Hey sisters as you know am recovering from super big laprascopy after my mc. Still not full healed. 4 hrs surgery to clean the big endo mess. I have been bleeding since 21 Jun till now non stop. Super sian ar. After surgery bleed then think last week period bleed. So messy waiting for compete stop as I have taken lucrin 3mth Jab.

Anyway I wanted to know something. My v first ivf was with Prof wong in nuh and while looking at my notes I saw he ordered pre conception screening test about 700 plus for me ñ hubby. Full list of tests for antibodies blood count thalassemia thyroid amh hormones rubella hepititus etc. So am wondering if those test results are good for life or must repeat ar. It's been 3 yrs now. Coz I went to Dr Choolani clinic on Monday to do nk cells test and cost me 400 plus. They said they will do test at tan tock Seng labatory. V exp for one test. So wondering if any of you know if tests are valid for life.

Actually v confusing how can naked eye tell egg not good but still give it grade 4. Contradicting le. Anyway better u change doctor to THH. Don't think the difference in $$ is much. Pls consider. It's super duper demoralising when docs use words like donor eggs n surrogacy. It's like sword piercing knife feel and heart so heavy cannot swallow saliva also. If am you will change doc for sure.
I agree with mesara. It's important to have confidence in your doc so that 1/2 of the battle is won. I would have skipped this doc if she tells me demoralising stuff like egg donor, lousy eggs and what's not. It's precisely we have problems, that's why we come to you, docs, we don't need you to add fuel to fire.

Can do both. Just keep the consumption 2 hours apart. The article says that vit D and DHEA helps with low AMH levels. Might wanna check with your new doc. :)

Dhea does help u to get more eggs but... not the quality. . I tried but still no help cos it does not improve the quality i hv low amh too... personally for low amh i ll recommend natural ivf with low dose.

Dhea does help u to get more eggs but... not the quality. . I tried but still no help cos it does not improve the quality i hv low amh too... personally for low amh i ll recommend natural ivf with low dose.
How abt saizen?? I had good grade eggs with pergoveris cycle. ..so you may want to try that.

Is it true that Dhea no help to improve quality?thats sad..
I think it depends on individual? I did hv improved quality and quantity with course of Dhea. But of course, could be combination of all other measures and hard to pin point what exactly helps. Don't lose hope.

Not really side effect, did my ivf during oct n juz given birth end June. These are balance frm my cycle so i/o throwing it might as well blessed it :)

Bt a bit weird hor. Havent try 2nd time ask ppl consider egg donor liao. I was tinkin no nd to tat extent now yet ba. Bt since she nv push e idea upon mi, I jz let it b lo. My hub seen her also b4, he said jessie seems quite experienced fr e way she ans our queries.
Jessie, better go for 2nd opinion. just pay consult and bring ur files. And your doc dont make sense to me, grade 5 but egg abnormality???? i have done detail screening on my own eggs. the abnormality ones never really made it. Doesnt make much sense. anyway, IVF is a numbers and luck game. sometimes we get it, sometimes wrong bet.

Hey sisters as you know am recovering from super big laprascopy after my mc. Still not full healed. 4 hrs surgery to clean the big endo mess. I have been bleeding since 21 Jun till now non stop. Super sian ar. After surgery bleed then think last week period bleed. So messy waiting for compete stop as I have taken lucrin 3mth Jab.

Anyway I wanted to know something. My v first ivf was with Prof wong in nuh and while looking at my notes I saw he ordered pre conception screening test about 700 plus for me ñ hubby. Full list of tests for antibodies blood count thalassemia thyroid amh hormones rubella hepititus etc. So am wondering if those test results are good for life or must repeat ar. It's been 3 yrs now. Coz I went to Dr Choolani clinic on Monday to do nk cells test and cost me 400 plus. They said they will do test at tan tock Seng labatory. V exp for one test. So wondering if any of you know if tests are valid for life.
Not entirely sure for all, but for some blood work, thyroid, it can change with time. Cause age and hormones effect affects. Hepatitis and rubella usually quite fixed, if u hv antibodies, u hv for life. See if not doing some tests would lower the cost?

Just had my chicken essence today! Found that wok produces much better taste than slow cooker! Yummy! Nice warm feeling in tummy after that...though for a short while only :)

Is it too late to start Ensure now? I'm 5dp5dt. To be honest, my menses supposed to start today if I'm not on IVF and I already feel some pressure at the v area... :(

Jessie, better go for 2nd opinion. just pay consult and bring ur files. And your doc dont make sense to me, grade 5 but egg abnormality???? i have done detail screening on my own eggs. the abnormality ones never really made it. Doesnt make much sense. anyway, IVF is a numbers and luck game. sometimes we get it, sometimes wrong bet.

Mine a grade 4 embryo. I guess its my egg issue ba..

Is it too late to start Ensure now? I'm 5dp5dt. To be honest, my menses supposed to start today if I'm not on IVF and I already feel some pressure at the v area... :(

I know it's not easy but have to remind yourself to stay positive! Heard many saying symptoms for pregnancy and AF similar so don't think too much, just wait for the BT :)

As for Ensure, it's just high protein milk with lots of vitamins. So think anytime also can drink.

Almondearie, stay positive and don't think too much. Jiayou jiayou! :)

I tried the bottled/pre-packed type of Ensure milk and personally don't quite enjoy it (strawberry flavor tasted like cough syrup to me). You may want to start with the small tin to see if you like it. Ntuc does carry.

why not? Better late than never. Maybe 8DP5DT or 9DP5DT, you can start to whip out the HPT liaos :p

Back