September 2016 Mummies!

Actually I still don't really know how BH feels like. Almost every night after dinner, my tummy will feel quite tight and a bit uncomfortable, not sure if that is BH :confused:

I have been applying Clarins body treatment oil after shower at night since first trimester, and body lotion in the morning. Have to apply otherwise tummy area will be itchy.

For me, BH feels a little different from the bump tightening/bloating after a meal.
Usually the tightening after a meal will not make my bump tense up. I will just feel ballooned so to speak. And it can last for an hour or more.

But BH will make my bump very tense (like clutched up)...If I touch the under belly area, I can feel my under belly balling up (like curved in). Once BH past (after a min or so), the under belly area will relax and the curved in area will smooth out....That's the only way I can describe the BHs I felt. Usually my BH occurs at night....dunno why...maybe my body was tired from the entire day's activities or I did something strenuous.

For me, BH feels a little different from the bump tightening/bloating after a meal.
Usually the tightening after a meal will not make my bump tense up. I will just feel ballooned so to speak. And it can last for an hour or more.

But BH will make my bump very tense (like clutched up)...If I touch the under belly area, I can feel my under belly balling up (like curved in). Once BH past (after a min or so), the under belly area will relax and the curved in area will smooth out....That's the only way I can describe the BHs I felt. Usually my BH occurs at night....dunno why...maybe my body was tired from the entire day's activities or I did something strenuous.
Thanks for describing the BH feel. Does it feel pain or uncomfortable when it happens?

I also not sure if I ever had BH or just a stomach cramp. Just sometimes whole belly becomes hard or uncomfortable till I have to bend down a bit. If I lay down the tension disappears.

In the meanwhile I was trying to guess bb's position. Before last scan I was quite sure he was head down, because I could feel all the kicks above belly button and sometimes could feel hiccups very down below, so I assumed that the head is hiccuping down there, and he kicks with his legs on top of tummy. But the ultrasound proved me wrong - he was head up. Not sure if he turned the night before the ultrasound, or all my theory was wrong. :D
So, now I'm confused... - when I lay down the highest belly point is at bellybutton. I assume it's bb's butt? :) Most of kicks around belly button too. And I cannot find the head.... I could feel it with my fingers a few times before, but now I cannot find it.

Just wondering if anyone tried to guess bb's position and guessed it right? :)

My baby is still actively moving about so I feel like she's not at a permanent fix position. Although I suspect she is always laying horizontally across as I tend to always feel her legs on my right side. Her hiccups are usually at the bottom right :)

Yay, the weekend is almost here :D can go see see baby stuff again, walk walk and eat!

I don't know if my bb is moving around or not. Coz every ultrasound shows that he is in head up position. Just wondering if he ever turned around or have been staying like this for months... :D Overall he is not very active, likes to stay in the same right side of the belly and always kicks my belly button or above.

Shopping-wise - I'm waiting for July baby fair, as I have prerecorded a few things there, breast pump etc.

Thanks for describing the BH feel. Does it feel pain or uncomfortable when it happens?

Not really painful...sometimes may come with very mild cramps. Mostly just uncomfortable.

I think my baby is still somersaulting inside. Last ultrascan on Monday, think her head was at the bottom.
But past 2-3 days, I can feel her head (shld be her head cos I can feel something round and very hard protruding) on the side (left or right) of my belly button. My hubby was surprised to feel her head too when he applied oil on me 2-3 nights ago. Then yesterday while lying on the bed, I felt her head again....Rubbed her head softly for awhile before she shifted her head into the bump..lolx

Oh ya...another new development this week...I think my nipples are starting to leak colostrum...especially right nipple.
The changes to my body brought about by my pregnancy never fail to amaze me...lolx:p

Anyone started feeling nauseous again? My stomach felt so uneasy and vomitted a little.. hope it's just 1 off thing..

The night I need to fast before my glucose test, I took bread before my cut off time. After that, when I tried to slp that night, I kept feeling nauseous while trying to slp. Did not throw up fortunately...not sure is the nauseousness due to indigestion a not. It was an once-off occurrence so far.

I started leaking colostrum too! first time I noticed it quite long time ago, maybe week 20+++, but that time it was just a few drops and then it stopped. And recently I woke up with a wet spot on the bed-sheet under nipple (slept naked).

The night before the glucose test I drank milk just before the cut-off time and my stomach also felt uncomfortable that night. Maybe because not used to eating so late at night.

I first noticed the colostrum after I napped 1 afternoon...saw a dry spot on my t-shirt (I go braless at home) near my right nipple.
Initially thought I had dripped some food remains. Then I continued to nap and woke up spotting a 2nd dry spot. Then the other day while bathing, I noticed some dried golden liquid on my right nipple. So confirmed I'm leaking!

Baby movement updates:
My girl's movements are getting rougher. Past 2 days, her movements have been hurting my internal organs.
Felt a few pangs of pain when she hits/kicks certain spots, until I go "ouch".
Additionally, her movements sometimes also irritate my bladder + urine system, kept feeling I'm going to pee.
Was certain it's not UTI cos the urge to pee came about when I felt the baby moves.

Anyone notices their baby bearing lower these days? Makes me walk slower when I feel the pressure coming down.
I need the support belt to walk more comfortably.

Sometimes I feel my baby is lower than other days. Some days he really sits on top of my bladder and I feel like peeing all the time. Other days the belly looks quite high and I can last a few hours between toilet visits.
So, I guess it depends on baby's position?

my boy's moves also became more prominent. It is not painful, but sometimes he is quite active even during the daytime. Maybe his muscles are getting stronger. :)

My glucose test was last Monday and they promised to call within 1 week. Nobody called so far. Does it mean I passed??
If today no call, I assume I really passed. :D

P3riwinkl3, thanks. I will wait one more day (today) and then consider that the test is passed. :)

As for the cake, actually I've had it already. Couldn't wait till Monday. heheh. :) Coz I was thinking that if GD is confirmed then I cannot eat, so why as well not to eat it before getting test results. :) So, we indulged in Awfully chocolate huge piece of chocolate cake. Yummmmmmmy....
Now back on healthy diet. :)

I'm 32 weeks along now and feels pain on the upper right hand side of my tummy. And just severe backaches, is this something many of you Mommies are going through or is this something I should be concerned about? #soworried

Upper right hand side of tummy...is it near your ribs? I get rib inflammation on my center to right side, under the breast (along the bra line). According to my doc, it's normal due to the expanding uterus pushing up.
But I don't get severe backaches. If it's seriously bad, better consult your gynae asap.

Upper right hand side of tummy...is it near your ribs? I get rib inflammation on my center to right side, under the breast (along the bra line). According to my doc, it's normal due to the expanding uterus pushing up.
But I don't get severe backaches. If it's seriously bad, better consult your gynae asap.

Yes, very near my ribs indeed! But the backaches, come and go. Especially when I walk around or sit for far too long in the office. If this persists, I may see my gynae asap. Thanks babe.

If it's just lingering backaches (mild but not severe pain), usually I get them if I walk/stand/sit for too long...it helps when I put on the support belt. Lying down on my bed is the best to ease my backaches. :)

If it's just lingering backaches (mild but not severe pain), usually I get them if I walk/stand/sit for too long...it helps when I put on the support belt. Lying down on my bed is the best to ease my backaches. :)

Atleast its quite assuring to know that others do get rib inflammation at the same place I do. I thought it was just me. And thank you for the tips, I definitely will look for a support belt. The maternity pillow has helped me at night, but the belt may be useful for work! Thanks again!

Hi kahoo. My EDD is 5/9/16. Could you add me to facebook? Thanks!!

This is my second, and at last check up at 33 weeks baby was 2kg and all was well. But my firstborn is still co-sleeping with me and nursing before sleep and getting her to go to her own bed is proving such an uphill task!

Hi all, my edd is 6 Sept. Currently about 34weeks. My bb weighing 1.6kg. She is too smaller. Any tips to make her grow faster?

Try taking full cream milk everyday. Others find durian work for them too. My bb put on more weight than usual after few weeks of daily milk tea :p 1.8kg at 31w.

Last edited:
Hi kahoo. My EDD is 5/9/16. Could you add me to facebook? Thanks!!

This is my second, and at last check up at 33 weeks baby was 2kg and all was well. But my firstborn is still co-sleeping with me and nursing before sleep and getting her to go to her own bed is proving such an uphill task!
I would need your email address :)

Try taking full cream milk everyday. Others find durian work for them too. My bb put on more weight than usual after few weeks of daily milk tea :p 1.8kg at 31w.

What kind of milk tea? Bubble milk tea?
I avoided black and red tea cos I scared they are too "cooling" for my body.

How is everyone doing anyway? It's getting closer isn't it? ;)

I have bought most of the big items and have started washing some of my baby's clothes, still lots to wash though :)

Hey, so far so good.
I'm also feeling that the due day is approaching very fast... First few months time drag so slowly, and now it flies... My colleagues asked me if I have my standby bag ready in the office, and I was like "what??? so early??" :D but the truth is I should start getting the bags packed, just in case....

I also got most of major items already. Left with infant car seat, maybe a co-sleeper or something similar. Decided to buy cot after birth, as he's not gonna sleep there from day one.
Also started buying stuff for myself - disposable panties, nipple shields, etc...

I have not started buying any main stuffs...going to baby fair this Saturday to settle them once and for all.
After that, maybe start packing my hospital bag.
Probably will start washing & sterilizing all the stuffs within Aug.
I'm counting down 6+ weeks to my elective csect date...assuming baby dun spring any surprise on me :p

Lititia, I also feel like the big day is fast approaching, feeling nervous but excited too :D I was told to have our hospital bag on standby by around 34 weeks so it is quite soon.

I am also starting now to buy stuff for myself, been focused on baby items all these time that I don't think I have bought anything for myself yet except a breast pump. Also been having the feeling of wanting to do some self-pampering :p

P3riwinkl3, Ya planning to do most cleaning and preparation in August too. I keep thinking better to do all these while we're still able. Never know when we start to feel too big or heavy.

Lititia & Elm, getting jittery about the big day approaching yet? I think I'm already feeling the jitters :confused:

On one hand I'm happy to be racing towards the finishing line, on the other hand I don't feel ready to face a new frontier.
On some days I feel so sick and tired of still being pregnant, want everything to end soon....but my heart is still not ready for the end of my pregnancy....my mind is very complicated now.

P3riwinkl3, I think it's normal to feel that way. I also feel like can't wait to hold my baby in my arms but at the same time feel very nervous when thinking of labour etc. Also feel scared thinking of post-birth, like not able to go out as and when I like, not able to do this and that and have to depend on others. So ya, I also have mixed feelings about everything. I think we just tell ourselves to enjoy each day now and when the time comes, just go with the flow.

Hey, so far so good.
I'm also feeling that the due day is approaching very fast... First few months time drag so slowly, and now it flies... My colleagues asked me if I have my standby bag ready in the office, and I was like "what??? so early??" :D but the truth is I should start getting the bags packed, just in case....

I also got most of major items already. Left with infant car seat, maybe a co-sleeper or something similar. Decided to buy cot after birth, as he's not gonna sleep there from day one.
Also started buying stuff for myself - disposable panties, nipple shields, etc...

You are pretty ready! Reminds me to get things for myself. I think baby is pretty settled in. Now Mommy just needs to get her things and set her mind to it. This is it, Mommies, we're counting down :)

wow, P3riwinkl3, you are so patient to postpone shopping till now. :) I started long time ago. :D
I'm counting 8 more weeks to my EDD, if everything goes well. So far baby is still breech. Hope that he will turn soon.

Elm, I also planning to finish most of preparation and shopping in August, so that I could have some time for myself before the big day.

Lititia, I think I'm just procrastinating too much and too laid back...definitely not patient....hahaha.
Because up until recently, my hubby & I still cld not conclude which relatives are passing us hand-me-downs for what...so we didn't buy anything yet. Now it's much clearer...so we can go all out to BUY BUY BUY!

I also feel excited and at the same time a bit tired and sad. Because past year was quite tiring, I worked and studied part time and feel like I need a break, but understand that there will be no break. :D It will only get worse after baby is out. Even more tired and work and study again... huh...
Anyway, should think positive. Hopefully, my bb-boy will give me extra energy to go on. :)

Definitely we will find our energy and motivation to go on...we are responsible for bringing our babies to this world after all..lolx
Die die have to make sure we provide well for them.

Feeling super bloated after my lunch...and baby is super active...kept pushing against my already very stretched tummy...feels like my bump will burst when she stretched out :confused:

What kind of milk tea? Bubble milk tea?
I avoided black and red tea cos I scared they are too "cooling" for my body.

I take KOI red milk tea :p , KOI peach green tea and home brewed green tea.

My TCM sinseh said I can start taking tea from second trimester onwards cos our bodies have become more heaty.

Last edited:
We must enjoy the peace and sleep we have now before we pop.:D I agree with the go-with-the-flow, one-step-at-a-time approach.

Hubby and I have been procrastinating too haha. Haven't cleaned up the room and bought all things yet.

Last edited:
I have successfully transferred to NUH. Everything went so fast and smooth during the first appointment, so far I'm quite impressed. Even though I had to wait for 1 hour for doctor (because she had emergency C-section), but during this time I met with Emma Care midwife and we spent a lot of time discussing the birth plan.
From now onward gonna travel there once every two weeks. So far so good, the baby head seems to move down and he's a perfect average weight and size. :)

Sometimes everything seems too good to be true, so I start to panic, - what if they didn't notice something important??? paranoic... hahaha..

I have successfully transferred to NUH. Everything went so fast and smooth during the first appointment, so far I'm quite impressed. Even though I had to wait for 1 hour for doctor (because she had emergency C-section), but during this time I met with Emma Care midwife and we spent a lot of time discussing the birth plan.
From now onward gonna travel there once every two weeks. So far so good, the baby head seems to move down and he's a perfect average weight and size. :)

Sometimes everything seems too good to be true, so I start to panic, - what if they didn't notice something important??? paranoic... hahaha..

Congrates and good for you that everything is going smoothly.:)
I remember you want to go for 100% natural birth and maybe try hypnobirth right...still on track?

Last edited:

Back