Urinary tract infection

shinystar

Was recovering from uti and did some research on how to prevent it from happening again.. besides wiping well, trimming/waxing/shaving helps and many websites recommend sleeping naked which made me wonder if it will cause bacteria to enter if I hug my bolster or pillow to sleep.

Sorry don't know where else to post such qns

I personally believe that the bolster/pillow case can be a source of infection unless you change the pillow case every day. Why not wear a thin pad and change it often? Also drinking cranberry juice has been known to help.

I think anything that comes in contact with that part may give us UTI.
I prefer taking cranberry supplements than cranberry juice. The cranberry concentrate is higher in supplement I think.
Pre-pregnancy I was taking cranberry supplements (Brand: Greenlife) on/off.
And I will definitely take 1 capsule before/after intercourse. It seems to make me pee right after the activity, which helps to prevent UTI caused by intercourse.
But you will need to drink a lot of water to flush out the bacteria. No sugary and caffeinated beverages for awhile too.

Now preggy, my gynae don't recommend I continue taking the cranberry supplements for prevention.
So I recently started trying Optibac Women Probiotics (stated safe for pregnancy) when I felt a bit of UTI last week. Seems to work.
Bottomline...To prevent UTI, drink more water to constantly flush out whatever bacteria that may be lingering at your bladder. And don't hold your pee for too long.

Was recovering from uti and did some research on how to prevent it from happening again.. besides wiping well, trimming/waxing/shaving helps and many websites recommend sleeping naked which made me wonder if it will cause bacteria to enter if I hug my bolster or pillow to sleep.

Sorry don't know where else to post such qns
Hi I can try aloe nectar which contain cranberries and Apple. It is effective for UTI.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    59.4 KB · Views: 107
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 108

Back