AVENT VIA CUPS. Re-usable?

joycegian

Would like to ask if Avent Via Cups are re-usable?
As in, a lifetime usage just by sterilising is after every use?

Because a salesgirl told me that the Via Cups can only be sterilise & used for like 3-4 times den u gotta dispose it already.

Hi all,

I think its best not to use after 3-4 times. It said so in the instructions manual, and the sales lady from avent (during baby fair) also mentioned so

hi all,
not sure if this is too late a reply, but i used my avent VIA cups for definitely more than 4 times.

i used them to store EBM in the fridge (chilled, not frozen) again and again since my boy was 3-4 months old all the way until he was abt 10 months or so to store his pureed food and cereal to feed.

just washed and sterilised after every use. no problems at all. my son is now turning 2 in a couple of months

Hi all,

The cup is only meant to use not more than 4 times if you steam it. If you look at the plastic, it is definitely thinner than the normal types.

However, if you are simply washing it with cold water, then you can use it more than 4 times. Again, I don't recommend that.

Lastly, this kind of plastic tends to leakage and we can't see it through our naked eye.

I'd been using Storage cups since bb was 4mths old until now. bb is 8mth+ already. I used them to store BM and to hold food. I think they are ok to reuse more than 4 times lah. The older cups can see that they dun close as well as before so tend to leak lor. Going to dispose them soon. I have at least 20 cups in all. Maybe tats why their lifespan is longer?

I went to philips to buy the cups..
I was told that i can use the cups until wear and tear..
Sterlising/freezing everything ok..
As long as its still in working condition will do..
I use more than 7 times for each cup le ba..
Still counting.....

I also used VIA cup before and i realized that it is hard to judge 'wear and tear'. It was my first son time, so this time i decided to not using VIA cup for my gal. Also VIA cup is not BPA free (at least last time was not; not sure now), so sterilizing is not recommended. Just my opinion.

The VIA cup is BPA-free. You can refer to the link below. There is a reference to the materials used in Avent bottles and VIA cups too.

VIA cups are made from polypropylene (PP) which is also used in Avent feeding bottles, pacifier caps, etc. Based on material used, there is no reason that the VIA cups should only be used 5x. It is more likely that they go out of shape after sterilising a few times & tend to leak. But if you are ok with it (I am, cos I only use them for freezing EBM and I don't fill them too full), no reason not to reuse them.
happy.gif

http://safemama.com/2007/11/22/bpa-free-bottle-and-sippy-cup-cheat-sheet/

I've used VIA cup to store bm since baby #1. Have continued to do so for #2. Right now after I stop bf, I'm using them to store dried stuff, eg baby rice/ milk powder if I need some but not want to bring whole tin.

Washed and sterilised each time when I stored bm, so definitely more than 4 times. Call me cheapo, but I feel it's a total waste to throw it away... :p anyway my kids are well and healthy
happy.gif

If there's a fear of plastic leakage, but don't buy these cups and then throw away after 4 uses (like gotta throw every other day if used for every pump?) cos v environmentally unfriendly and not cheap at all.

I've used VIA cup to store bm since baby #1. Have continued to do so for #2. Right now after I stop bf, I'm using them to store dried stuff, eg baby rice/ milk powder if I need some but not want to bring whole tin.

Washed and sterilised each time when I stored bm, so definitely more than 4 times. Call me cheapo, but I feel it's a total waste to throw it away... :p anyway my kids are well and healthy
happy.gif

If there's a fear of plastic leakage, but don't buy these cups and then throw away after 4 uses (like gotta throw every other day if used for every pump?) cos v environmentally unfriendly and not cheap at all.

So far I used only one via cup and had been sterilizing when my bb was 1 mth old till now she's 4 mths old. I was not told that I cant sterilize it over and over again. Not sure how true this is as I had been using for the last 3 mths :D

Wow... only 3-4 times use? I have been using same Via cups since bb was 6 mths old now 2.5 yrs .. LOL... First used for storing breastmilk now use for storing soup stock. I only discard when I see that it has cracks...

Hi mummies, anyone is using new Avent via cups with Madela freestlyle pump?

Would like to know if there is any conversion kit for the new Avent cups. I jus realized that the conversion kit can only be used for old Avent cups and I've bought the new cups.

Hi mummies, anyone is using new Avent via cups with Madela freestlyle pump?

Would like to know if there is any conversion kit for the new Avent cups. I jus realized that the conversion kit can only be used for old Avent cups and I've bought the new cups.

Hi. I only noticed that there are two types of avent storage cups.
One is VIA - where they come presterilized and we only use up to 4 times. (They are disposable cups)
One is the new storage cups - they are not presterilized, we can reuse until it wear off

The conversion kit does not fit the new storage cups. Cause the screw thread on the new leak proof cups are outside, and the lids screw outwards. These one i have tried myself.

While the VIA cups i noticed in pictures (have not yet try these ones), the screw thread is inside and the lids screw inwards. Maybe these cups are the one the conversion kit designed for...

Please share here if any of you have tried the conversion kit with VIA cups..

9292825_f260.jpg
<<< VIA cups

7135UvLg4aL._SY355_.jpg
not VIA cups

Back