2016/07 July babies

Oh no .. I think I give too little for opening Ang bao, I give $20 only.

I think opening Ang Bao just 意思意思 can liao. U can give closing Ang Bao more if your CL is good. :)

Just that my CL was my sis CL too. Highly recommended by her so I give more. :p

@redvel I wanted to bao $50 initially, but $68 sound better so $68. haha

Tuna hehe your CL quite funny. No mine doesn't ask what I wanna eat. She cooks whatever and we eat them all. But i did tell her I love salad and sometimes she will include salad as side for lunch. Like apple, kiwi, capsicum all mixed up. Then I just add some nuts or dried fruits.

Redvel wow your cl really put in effort on food presentation haha look yummy
Pb ng yea will give her big closing Ang bao haha very happy with her.

Here are some photo of my Cl food.
ImageUploadedByForum1469524237.032028.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469524262.098794.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469524292.884074.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469524329.772119.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469524352.792447.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469524370.802807.jpg

@redvel - I get what u mean by presentation of food! Wow! Your CL really takes pride in her dishes.

@emk - ur fried pork / chicken dish is making my tummy growl.

On broccoli, some websites state that it can cause wind in babies, though it's OK in others. I've been avoiding it though, just to be safe. A lot of different schools of thought la.

Most of us will miss CL cooking!

Anyone extending CL service?

Those haven't pop, awaiting for your birth stories. Till now, I still feel mushy mushy when I recall mine.

Update : my baby finally pooped at 8pm after CL did some leg stomach massage. It was yellowish but hard. Looks like mustard squeezed from a tube

At 10pm, husband and I tried to do the massage on baby. And hooray! Baby started farting for a good 5 min. And after lifting the legs towards the chest, our persistence paid off! Baby finally "let it go, let it go". We soiled three diapers cos we thought baby was done. But the poop just flowed out continuously. After a while, the Poop turned from cream form to watery poop. We were so relieved!

And later on, baby has a huge Pisai stuck there. We tried to use the pigeon inhaler to suck out. But as it is too sticky and huge, there is a limit to how much we can suck out. CL shows us how to roll up tissue into something long to pick the little nose.

CL is really amazing! I think I will have difficulties managing without her!

Mine recently (since a week ago) has been making more sounds too while at sleep. Not crying (other than hunger or poo) but like she has found a whole new vocal. Most of it doesn't need attention.

On another note, I'm practicing not to carry her immediately when she cries (again, other than hunger and poo). But I heard a friend mentioned they are too young to know self soothing.

Does Medela sell their pump Parts and where are they available ?

One of the plastic parts cracked. Tho doesn't affect the function now but might get worse so better buy and standby.

Mine recently (since a week ago) has been making more sounds too while at sleep. Not crying (other than hunger or poo) but like she has found a whole new vocal. Most of it doesn't need attention.

On another note, I'm practicing not to carry her immediately when she cries (again, other than hunger and poo). But I heard a friend mentioned they are too young to know self soothing.
I have been carrying her whenever I hear her make noise...same for my elder when she is a baby coz I m like your friend think they are too young to know self soothing.

I have been carrying her whenever I hear her make noise...same for my elder when she is a baby coz I m like your friend think they are too young to know self soothing.

I am more heartless. I only carry baby if baby wants to eat. The rest of the time, I leave the baby in the cot to play, make noise. Let baby learn to be patient and Understand that not every cry = cuddle or hugs. If not I will be very tired responding to every single thing. Plus I am a working mum Afterall. I cannot afford to pamper baby this way.

I have also been "training" baby by feeding baby in living room with loud tv and sudden/ accidental sounds at night. Initially baby shows signs of being scared. All 4 limbs will raise to indicate shock. However, after 3-4 days of such training, baby is now oblivious to loud sounds. My relatives can talk and laugh as per normal while holding the sleeping baby.

I also make it a point to "wake" baby up deliberately for feed 1hr before I set off for medical check-up. This is to make baby in a drunken mode and it will be easier for me to concentrate on the road / handle the baby when I am outside.

I want the baby to adjust to our lifestyle so that it is easier for me when CL leaves. It's about 1.5 weeks since I delivered, I've learnt how to :
- Use a micro pore tape to "fasten" oversized mittens and booties
- Clean a baby after each feed
- Change diapers when baby poops or pee
- Do leg massage to encourage constipated baby to pass motion
- Wash and sterilize baby bottles and pump
- Extract baby's mucus and clear blocked nose
- Bathe a baby

It may seem simple to experienced mum, but definitely impt milestones and achievements that I have unlocked as a first time mum!

One of the plastic parts cracked. Tho doesn't affect the function now but might get worse so better buy and standby.

Which parts r u looking for? I buy from Kulily.com pump accessories that is compatible w medela parts. Cheaper n I like it better that it is one pcs rather than 2pcs (referring to flanges)...

My bb made lot of noise during night sleep. Is that normal? Make me have to check on him every now n day.
Mine too.. But I try not to carry her till her cries are very loud. Sometimes she will let out a few soft cry in the middle of nite n fell back to sleep.
But sometimes she can cry really loud.. Also dunno wat she wants.. Neither her feed time not her diaper is soiled.

July mummies.. can I check with y'all at which week we should stop taking all the tonic/herbs and even bird nest?
I took bird nest even till the week I gave birth .. Din know have to stop.. But I only start taking them after 2nd trimester. Let's see wat others mummies say.

Redvel - I've been ordering my Medela-compatible one pc flanges and valves from qoo10. U can hunt around to compare prices before ordering.

I took bird nest even till the week I gave birth .. Din know have to stop.. But I only start taking them after 2nd trimester. Let's see wat others mummies say.
I took bird nest till the week I deliver too... Started after 23 weeks.

Didn't take any other tonic during pregnancy

I took bird nest till the week I deliver too... Started after 23 weeks.

Didn't take any other tonic during pregnancy
I also took bird nest till the week I delivered, but I start at weeks 16.
I got heard some people said take tonic at third trimester baby will be too big, I don't know true or not .. But I didn't take any other tonic, only bird nest during pregnancy and my baby weight 3.1kg,not big ..

How many wet diapers + poop diapers do you get in a day? How much is your LO feeding now?

My BB was fed 80ml 8-10 times a day but i nv take note of his diaper changes.
Now i latch him fully, apart from 1-2 bottle feeds, i find that he doesn't have 'wet diapers'? Only once today was wet and heavy, the rest of the diapers are not very wet and some are dry. I am thinking if i should go back to bottle feeding since i duno how much he is getting...

I'm feeding my bb 90 ml every 3 hrs. I will also change her diaper every 3 hrly. Most of the time she will have a little poo poo on the diaper.

Can I ask if you all notice that your milk supply has increase or decrease? I feel that after my mastitis episode, my milk supply has decreased. So sad.. No matter if I pump at 3 hrs spread of 4 hrs spread, I seem to be only getting 80-90ml. I'm really very tired and dun wish to wake up every 3 hrs to pump. Imagine my bb also wakes up 30 mins earlier to fuss. And by the time I settle her down, finished feeding her, finished pumping, it will be 2 hrs gone meaning I only left with 1.5hrs to sleep in between before she wakes up again. Wat shall I do?

Can I ask if you all notice that your milk supply has increase or decrease? I feel that after my mastitis episode, my milk supply has decreased. So sad.. No matter if I pump at 3 hrs spread of 4 hrs spread, I seem to be only getting 80-90ml. I'm really very tired and dun wish to wake up every 3 hrs to pump. Imagine my bb also wakes up 30 mins earlier to fuss. And by the time I settle her down, finished feeding her, finished pumping, it will be 2 hrs gone meaning I only left with 1.5hrs to sleep in between before she wakes up again. Wat shall I do?
Mine seems to be around 120-150 whether I pump 3 hrs or 4 hrs and been like this for the last 1 week...so no increase .yes very tiring ..and think due to lack sleep my high blood pressure is back...was normal through the pregnancy and in hospital after delivery but yesterday night when I measure it is now 145 89..... Gosh..not sure if it is also due to the confinement food.

Mine takes between 90-100ml every 2.5 to 3 hrs.

How many wet diapers + poop diapers do you get in a day? How much is your LO feeding now?

My BB was fed 80ml 8-10 times a day but i nv take note of his diaper changes.
Now i latch him fully, apart from 1-2 bottle feeds, i find that he doesn't have 'wet diapers'? Only once today was wet and heavy, the rest of the diapers are not very wet and some are dry. I am thinking if i should go back to bottle feeding since i duno how much he is getting...

I have to keep track of my bb output for 2 weeks since I am attempting to total bf. Says min 8-10 feeds a day, 15 mins /feed, 6 wet and 3 yellow stools a day (from day 5 onwards).

How old is ur bb?

Mine seems to be around 120-150 whether I pump 3 hrs or 4 hrs and been like this for the last 1 week...so no increase .yes very tiring ..and think due to lack sleep my high blood pressure is back...was normal through the pregnancy and in hospital after delivery but yesterday night when I measure it is now 145 89..... Gosh..not sure if it is also due to the confinement food.

Mine takes between 90-100ml every 2.5 to 3 hrs.
You should get it seen. I was just discharged for the 2nd time yesterday (had to stay 1 night for observation) due to high BP. 174/110+ and pulse 111. They were afraid I go into fits or stroke out. Or eclampsia, which is still possible up to 3 weeks after delivery.

Turns out the new bf safe BP meds weren't working well, they had to switch me to something else. I thought my lightheadedness and severe headaches were due to not enough sleep and worry over bb jaundice too....

You should get it seen. I was just discharged for the 2nd time yesterday (had to stay 1 night for observation) due to high BP. 174/110+ and pulse 111. They were afraid I go into fits or stroke out. Or eclampsia, which is still possible up to 3 weeks after delivery.

Turns out the new bf safe BP meds weren't working well, they had to switch me to something else. I thought my lightheadedness and severe headaches were due to not enough sleep and worry over bb jaundice too....
Snowfern is there bf save Bp med? I stopped my Bp med once I discovered I am pregnant....and pressure has been ok. Didn't expect to be so high now.....
I didn't have headache but just constant fatigue

I had blocked ducts and wasn't producing enoigh, baby kept fussing and latching long time so similar situation to yours, even had to latch her 4 hrs straight a few nights ago. She became dehydrated and because of jaundice, we decided to go ahead and top up w formula. Partially to rid the jaundice, the other to catch up on rest. Stress is a milk killer, I figure I would catch up on pumping later to compensate for the fm top ups.

Now I am able to fulfill her, and have started on reducing fm feeds since her bilirubin lvls have dropped, and she has good outputs. Also managed to freeze one bag of milk after working hard to clear my troublesome left boob of blocked ducts. My stand has always been "fed is best", and my goal is total bf. Don't be so hard on yourself, give your body time to heal ok?

Reactions: KWL
Snowfern is there bf save Bp med? I stopped my Bp med once I discovered I am pregnant....and pressure has been ok. Didn't expect to be so high now.....
I didn't have headache but just constant fatigue

Yes , check with your doc what is suitable for you. For kkh they usually prescribe nifedipine, but I have adverse reaction to it (horrific night headaches). So they found a med in the same family as my pre-pregnancy BP med, and I am much better now. High BP is No joke, go back to ur gynae ASAP and get it under control. The moment my BP hit 140+/100 the polyclinic doc not happy and sent me to kkh, where they fast tracked me (no queue haha) so u can imagine how seriously they take post natal high BP cases....

Yes , check with your doc what is suitable for you. For kkh they usually prescribe nifedipine, but I have adverse reaction to it (horrific night headaches). So they found a med in the same family as my pre-pregnancy BP med, and I am much better now. High BP is No joke, go back to ur gynae ASAP and get it under control. The moment my BP hit 140+/100 the polyclinic doc not happy and sent me to kkh, where they fast tracked me (no queue haha) so u can imagine how seriously they take post natal high BP cases....
I was actually on nifedipine pre pregnancy. Thanks will check with gynae

I have to keep track of my bb output for 2 weeks since I am attempting to total bf. Says min 8-10 feeds a day, 15 mins /feed, 6 wet and 3 yellow stools a day (from day 5 onwards).

How old is ur bb?

He is 5weeks old today. I have 2 wet diapers so far, which is quite little right?

Question on dressing:

Must we dress baby in long pants and long sleeves esp at nite? Cos my confinement lady told me b4 she left..

Thanks all for the links to ordering the medela parts.

I washed tons of pants too for bb but my CL doesn't put it on for her. She is always "pantless". Wears onesies. But then her legs are pretty much always covered by muslin cloth when she sleeps. Day she wears short sleeves. Evening onwards after cleaning up again changed to long sleeves. My place can be quite warm through the day so I think wear long pants can be a bit too much?

Thanks all for the links to ordering the medela parts.

I washed tons of pants too for bb but my CL doesn't put it on for her. She is always "pantless". Wears onesies. But then her legs are pretty much always covered by muslin cloth when she sleeps. Day she wears short sleeves. Evening onwards after cleaning up again changed to long sleeves. My place can be quite warm through the day so I think wear long pants can be a bit too much?
My CL also dress my bb pantless! Why?

In aircon dun need pants too? Anyway I just changed my son in long sleepwear.

My CL also dress my bb pantless! Why?

In aircon dun need pants too? Anyway I just changed my son in long sleepwear.
Mine wear the mothercare sleeping suit which is long sleeves and pants coz she sleeps in air con room...

Day time can be 'pantless' like today coz so hot...and I brought her down for a walk just in her top and pampers...opps

By the way I just ordered some milk makers lactation cookies....and they actually taste quite good ! Like chocolate chip cookies ..let's see if milk supply will increase after eating these

Mine sleeps in non Aircon so I guess can be pantless. If Aircon then I feel pant is a must.

Gan pls review if milk output improve. I started fernugeek a week ago perhaps. Mmm don't really see much improvement. Maybe aaaaabbbiitt.

Over dinner just now, me and CL were talking about her last day which is this Sunday and that's my baby manyue celebration. She will leave my place before we head to somewhere else for the celebration which starts at 11am. This is because she has to leave by 12nn so we thought we will let her go earlier rather than tag with us. But just now she asked again if she should join us but somehow it makes more sense she leaves from my place which is much nearer to PEM (she has to return to PEM to collect her passport then head back to her JB home). So I told her that or else if head to the celebration venue it's one big round back to PEM. Then she replied "oh I thought of spending more time with baby. In this case I'll spend more time with her the night before".

Felt a choke in my throat. Im bad at handling separation anxiety. This Sunday if it rains, it must be me crying.

Now I think it's really better that we separate at my place. If separate at the party, will be a scene if I cry.

Over dinner just now, me and CL were talking about her last day which is this Sunday and that's my baby manyue celebration. She will leave my place before we head to somewhere else for the celebration which starts at 11am. This is because she has to leave by 12nn so we thought we will let her go earlier rather than tag with us. But just now she asked again if she should join us but somehow it makes more sense she leaves from my place which is much nearer to PEM (she has to return to PEM to collect her passport then head back to her JB home). So I told her that or else if head to the celebration venue it's one big round back to PEM. Then she replied "oh I thought of spending more time with baby. In this case I'll spend more time with her the night before".

Felt a choke in my throat. Im bad at handling separation anxiety. This Sunday if it rains, it must be me crying.

Now I think it's really better that we separate at my place. If separate at the party, will be a scene if I cry.
Very nice of your cl ... She really dotes on your princess . I wld cry too... I remember when my first helper returned indo, she went my mum's place to say bye to my gal. I cried very badly coz felt sad about her leaving

My CL says it is common our left breast produces less milk than the right. Totally true for me. I yield one third on my left compared to right.

Anyone same same ?

My CL says it is common our left breast produces less milk than the right. Totally true for me. I yield one third on my left compared to right.

Anyone same same ?
Mine is left much more than right and my left boob is bigger than right now.........

Initially my left boob produce less, but I found out it was due to blocked ducts. Managed to clear some and now producing a little bit more than right. Bb also tends to favour right, so now I training her to appeciate left cos I scared lopsided lol.

Back