Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Coz for my case ah, I was literally ouching away when he tried to scrap the samples coz my vjj there is too dry so he didn't want to force so asked me to go back 6 months later. And he did mention coz I'm bf.
Aiyo, ya, BF makes the vjj v dry! I didnt want my hubs to touch me for at least 4-5 months!

You're right! Bigger babies are much easier to take care honestly. Though my twins are consider full term and ok weights, at times I feel that they're like so fragile esp when my girl came out at 2.3kg. Must be very careful when handling her esp when bathing her.
Ya la, else v fragile v scared..cos if heavier, the feel is more solid & you will be more willing to try diff ways of carrying the kid

Hahaha u all so funny! must choose zodiac signs. I used to hope to choose the zodiac signs I want but when year by year goes by w/o any baby, that one will be least priority liao! Just gime a baby! Any animal also can!!
Ya ya! Last time I wanted a dragon boy (specific zodiac animal & gender somemore hor) though my MIL insisted that dragon & dog clash. I got pregnant lo but it ended up ectopic. So I think baby and myself safe & healthy can Liao, the rest is secondary. But I am blessed to have a Horse boy and an upcoming Monkey boy - both are popular zodiac animals

I think it depends on individual body constitution. My fren her #1 she follow guai guai and tot nothing of it. When her #2 she drank plain water, straight away her hands swollen. So she emphasize to me over and over again not to drink plain water. So yeah, I only drink LRD, soup & milo coz I don't intend to have #3. So not going to do another confinement to 're-set' the body. haha
Maybe she's dehydrated or never drink enough water. You know why ppl get water retention? Cos they never drink enough water..that's why. The only way to get rid of water retention is to drink even more water. Actually to think about it, LRD, Milo & soup are made of water :/

I don't believe in confinement. Healthy lifestyle more impt. Aches n pain are bound to have when u grow old or even young if your body are tired especially after being a mum. Everyday take care of baby carry up n down moving around n no rest. Sure will feel body deteriote.

I don't believe in confinement. Healthy lifestyle more impt. Aches n pain are bound to have when u grow old or even young if your body are tired especially after being a mum. Everyday take care of baby carry up n down moving around n no rest. Sure will feel body deteriote.
Wa bunny so Ang moh pai..*hi 5*!

But are you bf? My fren say if still bf will go down very fast. Mine like still got the stubborn flab and I can't button my bottoms and some are like stuck at my thighs cannot go up!...damn sian!

Bubs mixed feed so not totally bf...but i did not gain much weight during preggy (only 7kg gain) so d moment I pop,already back to usual weight....

But the pouch of my tummy still remain despite no much weight gain! N now tt in trying to up the bm...also can't cut off carbo so find myself gain weight gradually ..

Ya lor like u. ..damn sian. .can't remove the binder at all...like I am wearing it 24/7

Ya ya...especially when you finally have some me-time in the toilet (poo-ing & playing with the phone), somebody inside the tummy decides to have a rock N roll concert :(

Me time in toilet is my favourite time of d day now...but at times my hubby irritating lor..asked him help look after/carrying bubs for awhile...n when bubs fuss/cries ...my hubby came knocking at my toilet door n asked me is it Bb wan milk or etc? I was like argh! Wanna concentrate on doing my big business also buey sai..o_O

3kg & above is very good weight! Really much easier to handle leh!

Yup totally agreed w u ...bigger Bb when birth is better to handle. ..but bbs themselves pick up n gain weight fast..so no worry about the weight...

My bubs came out at 2.3kg, Wen back home my mum dun dare to bathe him cos she scare (too fragile she said)...now bubs coming 7kg..she said is so easy to grab hold of him wen wash his butt (wen he poo cos the poo is really sticky n grainy!)

But she also at the same time said her back ache when picking him up every time. ..haha..

Go normal mainstream school of coz, u know how much are the international schools? Singapore American School charges 30K for pre nursery!! Their school bus is 3K per semester! Wah biang eh. Pay so much, never study much, just to learn some American sports n hang out with other elitist brats, errr no thanks!
Not just IS schools le. The brand-name schools are also "raising" many supposedly elitist brats and bimbos le!! Then how are we going to choose the children's future schools. Hai

I think very much depends on how much weight the mummy put on during pregnancy & also the subsequent diet during and after confinement. Coz like my friends, sis & sil they all bf and indeed they went back to pre-preg weight very fast leh. All tell me to be patient and they could fit into their bottoms between 4 to 6 months. Keeping my fingers crossed! haha
4-6 months is quite a reasonable period. I fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes 2 months after delivery and i am not small to begin with. Just eat healthily and take more protein and some carbs. I always thought high protein diet will give me more BM. It was until recently then i learnt from THH that we need carbs to increase BM too. Really spoilt my diet plan :(

Ya la, else v fragile v scared..cos if heavier, the feel is more solid & you will be more willing to try diff ways of carrying the kid

Yup totally agreed w u ...bigger Bb when birth is better to handle. ..but bbs themselves pick up n gain weight fast..so no worry about the weight...

My bubs came out at 2.3kg, Wen back home my mum dun dare to bathe him cos she scare (too fragile she said)...now bubs coming 7kg..she said is so easy to grab hold of him wen wash his butt (wen he poo cos the poo is really sticky n grainy!)

But she also at the same time said her back ache when picking him up every time. ..haha..
Carrying bigger babies is very straining to the shoulder, back and arms le. It's like the aching process being fast forward to 2 months instead of 4-5months.

Not just IS schools le. The brand-name schools are also "raising" many supposedly elitist brats and bimbos le!! Then how are we going to choose the children's future schools. Hai
Anybody here starts to plan for their kids' primary school education? Like planning to do PV?

Anybody here starts to plan for their kids' primary school education? Like planning to do PV?
Me!!!! But it's too early to start applying for most of the mummies-to-be here. I had to wait till next year then start to apply le. Then some dun accept PV and some schools need specific skillset before accepting applicant as PV. Sooo stress!

Me!!!! But it's too early to start applying for most of the mummies-to-be here. I had to wait till next year then start to apply le. Then some dun accept PV and some schools need specific skillset before accepting applicant as PV. Sooo stress!
How old is your kid? Which schools are you aiming?

For this year, Phase 2B needs balloting....wa, v competitive.

My hubby n I have been talking abt this! But hor, I have no skills to offer, cannot teach arts or sports, unless they want me to teach mahjong (it's also a skill set mah :p), if not I guess I'm left with traffic warden. But then we are both working so dunno where got time to be traffic warden also. We are actually thinking more along the line of moving near a primary school, cos my area now no school, plus they are building mrt so it's so noisy n dusty n chaotic with the heavy machinery nowadays. Plus, with my #2 coming, my place is feeling increasingly small n claustrophobic.

How old is your kid? Which schools are you aiming?

For this year, Phase 2B needs balloting....wa, v competitive.
3yo dragon baby. Heng born in Jan so will "fight" it out with the snake babies.
Initially i was hoping for ACS (barker) coz near my parent's and in-law's place. But too x 2 competitive liao. My other options are SJI and Red Swastica but also very competitve. Might settle for neighbourhood schools near my place.

You aiming which school for your boy?

My hubby n I have been talking abt this! But hor, I have no skills to offer, cannot teach arts or sports, unless they want me to teach mahjong (it's also a skill set mah :p), if not I guess I'm left with traffic warden. But then we are both working so dunno where got time to be traffic warden also. We are actually thinking more along the line of moving near a primary school, cos my area now no school, plus they are building mrt so it's so noisy n dusty n chaotic with the heavy machinery nowadays. Plus, with my #2 coming, my place is feeling increasingly small n claustrophobic.
If you are considering moving near to the brand-name schools hor, i think applying under Phase 2C (distance <1km) also very stressful and must ballet kind.
Where you staying now ah? I thought bound to have schools nearby wan.

Initially i was hoping for ACS (barker) coz near my parent's and in-law's place. But too x 2 competitive liao. My other options are SJI and Red Swastica but also very competitve. Might settle for neighbourhood schools near my place.

Wah u lucky u are fighting with the snake babies, not the dragon ones, if not it will be doubly stressful! Haha. Mine will be fighting with all the SG 50 babies, jia lat lor.

If you are considering moving near to the brand-name schools hor, i think applying under Phase 2C (distance <1km) also very stressful and must ballet kind.
Where you staying now ah? I thought bound to have schools nearby wan.

I'm staying at Tanjong Rhu, really no school nearby. The nearest is Tanjong Katong Pri I think. Or Tao Nan lor, but that one I think I don't want la. Student stress, parents also stress. Last time I came from a tiger mum secondary school, wah the pressure is no joke, I cried every night mugging for my stupid o levels.

Wah u lucky u are fighting with the snake babies, not the dragon ones, if not it will be doubly stressful! Haha. Mine will be fighting with all the SG 50 babies, jia lat lor.
Like this year is registration for the Tiger babies. And many many many schools are already over-subscribed. Somemore yours is the year with the highest fertility rate le, really siao liao lor. I think must play the cards well and i suck at it. :eek:

Wa, traffic warden places sure limited...maybe librarian? Not like suka suka want to get into PV program can get in one, need to go for interviews and such. But PV, so long as you commit 40 hours, should be ok. Take leave and do PV lor

Wa, traffic warden places sure limited...maybe librarian? Not like suka suka want to get into PV program can get in one, need to go for interviews and such. But PV, so long as you commit 40 hours, should be ok. Take leave and do PV lor

Oh got PV librarian? Ok that sounds easy enough, I can do that. Guess we gotta shortlist the school first. U got a school in mind for your boys?

I'm staying at Tanjong Rhu, really no school nearby. The nearest is Tanjong Katong Pri I think. Or Tao Nan lor, but that one I think I don't want la. Student stress, parents also stress. Last time I came from a tiger mum secondary school, wah the pressure is no joke, I cried every night mugging for my stupid o levels.
I think your area wan all very popular schools de. For Tao Nan hor, even harder.
I also came from those schools and i try not to put my children in those kind of environment which i hated in the past. But if i dun try, i am also worried that my children will be at a disadvantage coz our society works based on the meritocracy system. In a dilemma now though my hub is more keen to explore neighborhood schools that does not focus overly on academic but on other areas as well. Less stress on both parents and children. Win-Win situation.

What's your take on it?

Ok laa...Snake year babies not so many, still got chance. SJI & Red Swastika also v competitive! You look for affiliations lo, like Fairfield Methodist, it's tied to some Methodist church. But parents' and in-laws' places, you have to ensure that they are not working and your kid will be there for at least 30 months before you are entitled to the "within 1km" / "1 - 2 km" range

Like this year is registration for the Tiger babies. And many many many schools are already over-subscribed. Somemore yours is the year with the highest fertility rate le, really siao liao lor. I think must play the cards well and i suck at it. :eek:
Dragon, Horse, Goat babies have to face severe competition....:(

Some schools are asking for 60-100 hours le.
LL lor..if let's say have to do it, just do it...already not easy to get into the PV program..If get in, just whack.

My friend happy, she's an old girl with Henry Park, so her daughter swee swee got in through 2A.

Ok laa...Snake year babies not so many, still got chance. SJI & Red Swastika also v competitive! You look for affiliations lo, like Fairfield Methodist, it's tied to some Methodist church. But parents' and in-laws' places, you have to ensure that they are not working and your kid will be there for at least 30 months before you are entitled to the "within 1km" / "1 - 2 km" range
Ya both sides not working. So just "lie" and sign the understaking letter, saying grandparents are taking care of the children lor. But hor, tt school is one of the schools that i think raise brats le. :p
We are affiliated to SJI coz it's a catholic school and it doesn't accept PV. But i stay more than 2km away. Chance even smaller. Hai...

Ya both sides not working. So just "lie" and sign the understaking letter, saying grandparents are taking care of the children lor. But hor, tt school is one of the schools that i think raise brats le. :p
We are affiliated to SJI coz it's a catholic school and it doesn't accept PV. But i stay more than 2km away. Chance even smaller. Hai...
Get your church to write recommendation lor..then you will not be in phase 2C, instead you will be in Phase 2B, 2km, maybe got to ballot lor.

Henry Park? You got affiliation? That one is super duper hard to get in even for PVs le.
No la..my affiliation is myself and my hubs lor...ya, that one super duper hard. Kns, donkey years back, it's just a neighbourhood school. See how lor, just chiong the PV registration. If PV fails, then no need to even think about it.

No la..my affiliation is myself and my hubs lor...ya, that one super duper hard. Kns, donkey years back, it's just a neighbourhood school. See how lor, just chiong the PV registration. If PV fails, then no need to even think about it.
How about your hub or your alma mata school?

4-6 months is quite a reasonable period. I fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes 2 months after delivery and i am not small to begin with. Just eat healthily and take more protein and some carbs. I always thought high protein diet will give me more BM. It was until recently then i learnt from THH that we need carbs to increase BM too. Really spoilt my diet plan :(
Can eat Gd carbo. Oats, brown rice n others?

No need to follow ur address? I also in dilemma. To apply near my parent or my own house?

No need to follow ur address? I also in dilemma. To apply near my parent or my own house?
No need to follow own home address, provided your registering address, the kid must live there for at least 30 months.

If living near your parents' house has an advantage, say within 1 km, why not?

By right have to follow the address that is on your NRIC. But the govt make provisions for children who are taken care by the grandparents. after school. But need to sign the letter of undertaking.

By the way, which year your 宝贝born in?

Last edited:
Can eat Gd carbo. Oats, brown rice n others?
Can but will still put on weight mah. So i abstain from it totally.
That THH shoved bread toast into my bag for a few occasions consecutively and that made me gain somewhat 700g? :( But it's with good intention la coz i always complain not enough BM.

Can but will still put on weight mah. So i abstain from it totally.
That THH shoved bread toast into my bag for a few occasions consecutively and that made me gain somewhat 700g? :( But it's with good intention la coz i always complain not enough BM.
Wa bread toast! Home-made or bought it from Prima Deli?

Back