IVF/ICSI Support Group

Those who of u who are doing acupuncture, how frequently do u do after transfer?

Also any idea when SF loh's clinic will call back regarding number of mature or fertilised eggs?
I did 2 times after transfer before BT was due.
Yes, TFC embryologist will call to update on status & progress of your eggs and embryos then confirm your ET timing.

Just came for acupuncture, the physician asked me to get some herbs to 泡脚。

Me too... I actually still eat outside food from time to time. Like later, I'm going to lunch out after TCM.
What herbs to soak feet? Where can we buy? Last time I was thinking about it but not sure who to ask

Jz had the doc follow up. She mentioned the prob wif prev cycle was bcoz egg abnormality tts y no implantation. Low amh n low quality as well. Lik combo meal lik tt. 3 in 1. Doc suggested egg donor. Bt lik tt isnt it lik its nt reali yr bb? Haiz

Last edited:
That's bad, we must be alert when he do the medicine
Ya at least check what's written on the package and the number of packets in the bag tallies. And check your name ba.

You know the before and after ovulation med taste different and are different packs right... Sometimes the physician will add or reduce some stuff depending on your condition, sleep well etc...

But according to dr Zou's assistant physician, we just get more heaty if overdose. It behaves a bit differently from the western med.

Forgot to mention he miscalculated the packets twice for me. I started with them since late Apr.

Last edited:
Jz had the doc follow up. She mentioned the prob wif prev cycle was bcoz egg abnormality tts y no implantation. Low amh n low quality as well. Lik combo meal lik tt. 3 in 1. Doc suggested egg donor. Bt lik tt isnt it lik its nt reali yr bb? Haiz
Hi Jeslyn, I've seen you around but not know of your history. Why not get a 2nd opinion?

I didn't know sg have egg donors. DNA wise it's not. But you will still be the one carrying the baby for ten months and I think that also makes him/her very much yours. No one can take that away from you. It will have your hb's DNA. My 2 cents worth.

But get that 2nd opinion bah.

Hi
Who is yr doc? Dr s at kkh ever told me to get egg donor too.. i got low amh n egg quality issue too... i failed 3 fresh n 1 fet with her.. but i nv give up instead i change my doc to dr tan hh for my 4th fresh n i m 28 wk now.

Hi Jeslyn, I've seen you around but not know of your history. Why not get a 2nd opinion?

I didn't know sg have egg donors. DNA wise it's not. But you will still be the one carrying the baby for ten months and I think that also makes him/her very much yours. No one can take that away from you. It will have your hb's DNA. My 2 cents worth.

But get that 2nd opinion bah.
U mean get another opinion from another hosp? My concern is the time spent again n financially. Doc suggested egg donar bt I don wan to do it. Not ready yet at this time. Actually nv even cross my mind also. My history..low amh, low quality, abnormalities in egg

U are so young and e doc suggest that? Should exhaust everythg to e max before she conclude this.since u only ivf 1st time..thats wat i feel

U are so young and e doc suggest that? Should exhaust everythg to e max before she conclude this.since u only ivf 1st time..thats wat i feel
She say cause due to low amh. Quantity n quality nt gd. She also mentioned I will also b on short protocol nxt time. Cant do long protocol. Nt reali understand their lingo bt doc say nt suitable for mi. In,my circumstance.

Im kana pokin needles (acpuncture) as im replyin..haha

Hi
Who is yr doc? Dr s at kkh ever told me to get egg donor too.. i got low amh n egg quality issue too... i failed 3 fresh n 1 fet with her.. but i nv give up instead i change my doc to dr tan hh for my 4th fresh n i m 28 wk now.
She told u after yr failed last cycle or in e beginning?

She say cause due to low amh. Quantity n quality nt gd. She also mentioned I will also b on short protocol nxt time. Cant do long protocol. Nt reali understand their lingo bt doc say nt suitable for mi. In,my circumstance.

Im kana pokin needles (acpuncture) as im replyin..haha
Fyi i am a friend who has low amh but she succeeded on her try try at iui. After failing natural for 8 yrs. I think maybi u try go seek 2nd opinion and see if the verdict from 2nd doc is e same. Before jumping to donar..my 2 cents of thoughts

Jeslyn1983, Oh this is what I meant by history. It's only ur first time?? Then change doc at least if u worried have to pay for scans all over again.

Jeslyn1983, Oh this is what I meant by history. It's only ur first time?? Then change doc at least if u worried have to pay for scans all over again.
Ya. Failed 1st fresh ivf. Sori I don get war u mean. Change doc within kkh no nd pay for scan? Bt I use the grant by rite cannot change corect

As long as you are under govt hospital like sgh,nuh and kkh,you will enjoy e grant be it you change doc or not. Because Once you are in ivf program,e fees will be private.

Jeslyn1983 u can change.. I aso change from jessie phoon to thh.. U jus need to make appt to see the doc tat u intend to switch to.. U still enjoy the grant.. Jus tat consultation fee n any test that u have not done wont b any subsidies rate

Jeslyn1983 u can change.. I aso change from jessie phoon to thh.. U jus need to make appt to see the doc tat u intend to switch to.. U still enjoy the grant.. Jus tat consultation fee n any test that u have not done wont b any subsidies rate
Tt mean from then on it will b private rates instead? No more subsidised anymore. So im lik a private patient instead?

Yr experience with jessie no gd? Im more comfy wif female docs wor..

Yes, becos you choose Doctor...
You've done most of your scans and blood tests prior to this ivf program. Actually not much monetary impact now. So-called private patients pay the same as you for IVF.

Actually this was a tactic my fren taught me but I still went the private route when my first appointment referred by polyclinic was too far for me.

Yr experience with jessie no gd? Im more comfy wif female docs wor..
No gd experience wif her... Every appt wif her she dunno rush wat.. Very fast kana chase out of the room le.. N she keep push me for iui.. Already told her i dunwan i dunwan... So i decide to change to thh... Thh so much busier than her but he still takes time to ans our questions. He did ask me y i dunwan try iui.. I told him my hb sa report so jialat, i think dun need waste time.. After he c the report he aso say ya dun need to try.. Though he did told ivf is not 100% success rate but he will try his best.

You've done most of your scans and blood tests prior to this ivf program. Actually not much monetary impact now. So-called private patients pay the same as you for IVF.

Actually this was a tactic my fren taught me but I still went the private route when my first appointment referred by polyclinic was too far for me.

I aso done my hiv bloodtest den i decide to try my luck c thh got any slot for me to c him b4 i start stimm.. Lucky manage to c him on 30jun den i start stimm on 4jul

No gd experience wif her... Every appt wif her she dunno rush wat.. Very fast kana chase out of the room le.. N she keep push me for iui.. Already told her i dunwan i dunwan... So i decide to change to thh... Thh so much busier than her but he still takes time to ans our questions. He did ask me y i dunwan try iui.. I told him my hb sa report so jialat, i think dun need waste time.. After he c the report he aso say ya dun need to try.. Though he did told ivf is not 100% success rate but he will try his best.
My appt wif her was,still ok. She did answer most qns I raised. She didnt ask mi go for iui though, jz ivf straight cz of my condition I presume. Durin the appt jz nw, she did "warn" me e results might b e same cz of e abnormalities. Bt nv mention in depth wat abnormality is tt though. Said will change the jabs bt on short protocol.

My appt wif her was,still ok. She did answer most qns I raised. She didnt ask mi go for iui though, jz ivf straight cz of my condition I presume. Durin the appt jz nw, she did "warn" me e results might b e same cz of e abnormalities. Bt nv mention in depth wat abnormality is tt though. Said will change the jabs bt on short protocol.
Up to individual ba.. As long u comfortable wif her den ok lo.. But i remember she aso ask my fren consider egg donor aso..

Up to individual ba.. As long u comfortable wif her den ok lo.. But i remember she aso ask my fren consider egg donor aso..
Bt a bit weird hor. Havent try 2nd time ask ppl consider egg donor liao. I was tinkin no nd to tat extent now yet ba. Bt since she nv push e idea upon mi, I jz let it b lo. My hub seen her also b4, he said jessie seems quite experienced fr e way she ans our queries.

Hi all.. I done my egg retrievel on 20th july. Collected 23 eggs, 17 fertilized and now have 9 very good embryos @ 5 day blastocyst. Have to freeze the embryos due to risk of ohss. Will be doing FET in Aug at NUH. I am still so bloated from the stimulation i look so pregnant and its so deceiving to others ;) Im very glad all the injections are over for now. Just waiting patiently for aug to come. Meanwhile hopefully everyone is doing good.

Bt a bit weird hor. Havent try 2nd time ask ppl consider egg donor liao. I was tinkin no nd to tat extent now yet ba. Bt since she nv push e idea upon mi, I jz let it b lo. My hub seen her also b4, he said jessie seems quite experienced fr e way she ans our queries.
I think u need to check with yr doc on what abnormality is she talking abt. Since u mentioned she said u have some abnormaility before u embark into ivf. When u know yr problem,then u can see if that problem can be solved or not. Its also easier when u say happen to ask for 2nd opinion. To see if e conclusion tallies or varies?

I think u need to check with yr doc on what abnormality is she talking abt. Since u mentioned she said u have some abnormaility before u embark into ivf. When u know yr problem,then u can see if that problem can be solved or not. Its also easier when u say happen to ask for 2nd opinion. To see if e conclusion tallies or varies?
Prob I drop an email or col kkh ivf tmr to see if thy can help mi ask doc or not..

Hi Jeslyn, I absolutely agree with the rest of the ladies. Get a second opinion. Since you have done most of the tests (amh, etc) get a copy of the results and get another opinion. you may not need to do the IVF with that doctor...just seek another opinion on options first? Also, i really found the book it starts with the egg really helpful. the author herself has low amh and through lifestyle changes managed to produce like 19 blastocysts during IVF! I mean probably gotta take it with a pinch of salt but worth reading and some of what she recommends is really good healthy lifestyle recommendations. I think a few ladies here have also read the book. but lastly, don't feel demoralized just yet since it's the first try!!!

Hi Jeslyn, I absolutely agree with the rest of the ladies. Get a second opinion. Since you have done most of the tests (amh, etc) get a copy of the results and get another opinion. you may not need to do the IVF with that doctor...just seek another opinion on options first? Also, i really found the book it starts with the egg really helpful. the author herself has low amh and through lifestyle changes managed to produce like 19 blastocysts during IVF! I mean probably gotta take it with a pinch of salt but worth reading and some of what she recommends is really good healthy lifestyle recommendations. I think a few ladies here have also read the book. but lastly, don't feel demoralized just yet since it's the first try!!!
Hello thks for sharing. How to buy this book? Is there any book on sperm correction remedy?

Tks for all the kind advise. I will tok to my hub n see wat he tinks bout it. So I tink the next better doc would b dr thh rite?

Ya... I just tried it. My leg was acting up real bad. Aching from hip, lower ab, pelvic, thigh... After soak, all gone. I will try it again tomorrow.

But there are some herbs which smells like what was prescribed for oral medication.
Oh, is it powder form and u dissolve in water? Isn't that very yucky? Haha.. Or it's real herbs?

Oh, is it powder form and u dissolve in water? Isn't that very yucky? Haha.. Or it's real herbs?
Oh the individual packing for the powder herbs is different from the oral one. It's like tea bags. Just throw the bags in, no need to tear open. Not so messy. But the water will become brown with minimal residue...

Tks for all the kind advise. I will tok to my hub n see wat he tinks bout it. So I tink the next better doc would b dr thh rite?
I'm not familiar with the Kkh doctors but since you have records there and he sounds experienced from all I've read here, so can try? alternatively, you can try another hospital like SGH or NUH or even go to a private clinic and see like dr sf Loh?

I'm not familiar with the Kkh doctors but since you have records there and he sounds experienced from all I've read here, so can try? alternatively, you can try another hospital like SGH or NUH or even go to a private clinic and see like dr sf Loh?
Both sgh n nuh is further away fr my place so i prob wont change hosp. Mayb if realli haf is change doc ba. Tt mean I gotta col central appt to ask them arrange appt for mi see thh lo?

Btw does anybody knw if those HIV tests cn b done on wkends or nt? Im tinkin to go do it 1st b4 I reali switch doc. Cz then e charges will based on subsdised..nt so x.

Both sgh n nuh is further away fr my place so i prob wont change hosp. Mayb if realli haf is change doc ba. Tt mean I gotta col central appt to ask them arrange appt for mi see thh lo?

Btw does anybody knw if those HIV tests cn b done on wkends or nt? Im tinkin to go do it 1st b4 I reali switch doc. Cz then e charges will based on subsdised..nt so x.
Yes,hiv test can be done on weekends. But it has a validity of 6 months if i dun remember wrongly

Back