2016/07 July babies

My number one has been super sticky...n I must say with the baby, I do pay less attention to number one n sometimes lost my patience as number one tends to be much naughtier to get our attention

But she is ok I carry the baby provided she gets to stick next to me.....

Yah... And while I carry bb I try to watch video with him or read story book to him... Carry bb also can give him attention so I find that that helps me to get him to stop crying/screaming etc...

He looks very kelian when he cries, and I think he is also trying to sort out his emotions as a little boy.

My confinement lady just left and I find myself crying... Sobs

My HB came in and declared "we are on our own!" And then the tears began to fall. Auntie gave bb a kiss b4 she left. I feel sad for CLs, it must be tough to let go of caring for a little being after caring for him for a month? And all the care she has shown to me.

At least it's an improvement from my first confinement. When I was crying out of stress of taking care of one baby. Now I'm crying bcos of the relationship... I'm too emotional for my good haha...

Hugs hugs. Many mummies cry when CL leaves. It's indeed a bonding even tho it's a short span. Afterall CLs are there when we are clueless and need them most (mummy, daddy and baby all alike). I guarantee myself I will cry too when she leaves this Sunday.

Partly also will cry because real sleepless nights begin.

Some time back i posted my CL last minute said she can't come due to medical condition and she got her replacement to cover her duties. It has been 2 wks now and i find the replacement CL quite good, hardworking & friendly but cooking wise is so-so. Everytime she carries the baby, she would talk to her and sometimes she would kiss her. Can feel that she loves the baby. She has been a great help and i can't imagine what will happen when she goes off.

What do your CLs usually prepare for u for breakfast? Mine will always ask what I want the night before, but how I know what she can prepare? I'm getting sick of mee sua, so on quite a lot of occasions, I get her to fry me an egg and I toast myself a cheese sandwich to go with it.

Yah... And while I carry bb I try to watch video with him or read story book to him... Carry bb also can give him attention so I find that that helps me to get him to stop crying/screaming etc...

He looks very kelian when he cries, and I think he is also trying to sort out his emotions as a little boy.

My #1 don't even want to be in the same room as his baby sister. Eg. When CL carries the baby to living room, immediately my #1 will pull me to go to the bedroom. He is
so scared i will carry the baby

What do your CLs usually prepare for u for breakfast? Mine will always ask what I want the night before, but how I know what she can prepare? I'm getting sick of mee sua, so on quite a lot of occasions, I get her to fry me an egg and I toast myself a cheese sandwich to go with it.

My CL prepared Meesua twice and I ate half boil eggs w bread and Nutella w bread... + milo. The rest of the days. Once my HB bought prata that's Abt it...

For me doing to end my confinement soon. I took soya bean drink, beancurb, you Tiao, ji tong fun, Kway teow or mouse tail noodle. No yellow noodle. Eat twice chicken rice n ramen once. All no chilli. No yam n seafood for the time being

@Gwenk maybe I didn't rest so much as I always jump off from my bed when I heard my baby cry at next room. When I get up too quickly, I feel the pain and got to walk extremely slow. Feel like something is dropping down.
@gan good idea, will get my hub to buy me a small stool as I also need to bath for my doggy too.

@piglet02 yea I also wear it very tight as the nurse taught me to pull it tight. I get my hub to wear it for me, I hold on one side and he pull the other side.

Same here. I will jump out of the bed whenever I hear my bb cry next door. Try to get down from the side first always, it will help to reduce the pain. As many says csect is not a small operation. You need to take care of yourself first.

Last edited:
My Cl will try not to have same breakfast everyday, she will toast bread with melted cheese and two soft boiled eggs, brown rice porridge with chicken and mushroom, fried vegetable pan cake, fried bee hoon and fried Ee Mee.

My #1 don't even want to be in the same room as his baby sister. Eg. When CL carries the baby to living room, immediately my #1 will pull me to go to the bedroom. He is
so scared i will carry the baby

Happens to my MIL and my HB. My MIL and HB also dun dare to carry bb to avoid upsetting him. But I said if no1 cry and u dun carry bb then he will keep using crying to stop u from carrying.

So the strategy is to carry anyway and let him cry. But we learn to also give attention while carrying by talking to him and singing songs, watching him play and cheering.. Now he is ok...

Except last nite he was due for bed time and cranky. So he no more self control and cried again... Haha

Hi, I given birth on 8/7/2016. After 20 hours of long labour with 6 cm dilated end up with emergency c section.

You guys mind to share your total hospital bill? Mine is TMC, my bill 14k and baby 2k, total 16k. Is it so costly for emergency c sect? If other hospital more reasonable, might consider to switch to other hospital next time.
My baby is using sudocream, so far so good.

For those with CL, try to rest more and eat well. I only spend time with baby when is latching time.
Mine bill is about the same as yours. (Mine and baby) Same deliver in TMC. same condition as emergency c sec plus baby in the icu. Seriously, my hubby and me was shock by the bill.

For me doing to end my confinement soon. I took soya bean drink, beancurb, you Tiao, ji tong fun, Kway teow or mouse tail noodle. No yellow noodle. Eat twice chicken rice n ramen once. All no chilli. No yam n seafood for the time being
These all cooked by your cl?!

Mine is usually been hoon or noodle soup or fried bee hoon. Quite filling for breakfast

Went shopping and back. A good break with hubby by leaving bb and CL at home :p Needed to buy manyue clothes for bb.

My CL so far made cheese/tuna sandwich, oatmeal porridge, Mee sua soup, home made bee hoon kueh soup, etc. Always so nice that I wipe all out at each meal.

Went shopping and back. A good break with hubby by leaving bb and CL at home :p Needed to buy manyue clothes for bb.

My CL so far made cheese/tuna sandwich, oatmeal porridge, Mee sua soup, home made bee hoon kueh soup, etc. Always so nice that I wipe all out at each meal.

Waa.. ur CL really cook nice food.

Waa.. ur CL really cook nice food.
Wait till I share what she cooks for lunch hhaha.

My CL takes cooking and presentation very seriously. She presents them which will really whet the appetite.

But then I can't wait to give my kitchen a good scrub after she leaves!

Wait till I share what she cooks for lunch hhaha.

My CL takes cooking and presentation very seriously. She presents them which will really whet the appetite.

But then I can't wait to give my kitchen a good scrub after she leaves!
Nice to have yummy food!

She doesn't clean up after cooking ?

She does. The kitchen top and floor are cleaned after cooking. She cleans/mops them. She also mops the dining area floor right after dinner everytime. But she isn't tall to begin with so she cleans only what she can reach to the top kitchen cabinet doors (that's just this much a kitchen hood can do). But then of course I have my way of cleaning so I can't wait to scrub everything from the kettle to the floor (I don't mop kitchen but I love to scrub it clean). Reorganize to my way on pots and bowls and plates and cutlery. Plus other things. Well you know what I mean :p

Last edited:
These all cooked by your cl?!

Mine is usually been hoon or noodle soup or fried bee hoon. Quite filling for breakfast
I don't have a CL. Is my mum doing confinement for me. She buy from the market. Kway teow, mouse tail noodle. She buy n cook with fish n veg for me. She say no yellow noodle n fish ball. Cos no sure what type of fish use for fishball n Yong toufu too. Now can only eat sure fish

She does. The kitchen top and floor are cleaned after cooking. She cleans/mops them. She also mops the dining area floor right after dinner everytime. But she isn't tall to begin with so she cleans only what she can reach to the top kitchen cabinet doors (that's just this much a kitchen hood can do). But then of course I have my way of cleaning so I can't wait to scrub everything from the kettle to the floor (I don't mop kitchen but I love to scrub it clean). Reorganize to my way on pots and bowls and plates and cutlery. Plus other things. Well you know what I mean :p
I don't have a CL. Is my mum doing confinement for me. She buy from the market. Kway teow, mouse tail noodle. She buy n cook with fish n veg for me. She say no yellow noodle n fish ball. Cos no sure what type of fish use for fishball n Yong toufu too. Now can only eat sure fish
Redvel, yes! Not just the pots, bowled, plates..even stuff in th fridge n the condiments!!

Piglet mine is also just Kway teow, bee hoon ...no yellow noodles. I eat a lot of meat actually.... Kind of scary when you open the freezer, is like there is 1 whole pig in the freezer when you see the amount of meat

Mine bill is about the same as yours. (Mine and baby) Same deliver in TMC. same condition as emergency c sec plus baby in the icu. Seriously, my hubby and me was shock by the bill.

So now we know the charges for emergency c sec in TMC then :p

@redvel can go out during confinement? :p
Went out twice for baby check up and check up for myself, wear like suspicious person with cap and wind jacket with long dress. CL advised not to go out unless necessary. :)

For breakfast, my CL made toasted bread with cheese, mee sua soup, sesame fried rice with French bean, minced pork and black fungus, fried yee mee with mushroom and noodle soup.

@gan1972 Me too eat a lot of meat, both chicken and pork. Especially kampong chicken and black chicken..

"One whole pig" lol @gan1972

Ehhh actually I don't think I follow the rules of confinement totally. I already washed hair on day3. Even though CL says can wash hair on day 12. I even drank teh xi just now at Ya Kun :p

During confinement if need to go out have to wrap ourselves up. I went out once for my bb review at hopsital whole day. Which is on day 22. I still feel no energy. I need my afternoon nap. Suddenly missed my bed to lie down.

Gan1972, I also eat lot of porky. Chicken very little cause csect. Only after 3wks then ate 2-3x. My mum cooked almost the whole pig for me. Pig stomach soup or braised pig stomach with fish maw. Eat until abit scare to see pork. Prefer fish n veg. Only allowed to eat apple n papaya at room temp

Good morning mummies! I survived the first night and still haven feel the sleepiness effect... Hope to be able to nap abit today!

Yday bb managed to latch from 12nn-8pm feed. Latch last time at 10pm... Then fed him ebm... Thru the night he doesn't want to latch!

He suckle at the breast, but anyhowly suck... Then get upset that there is no milk! Anyhow suck means no letdown so no milk lor... Gotta hurry warm up ebm for him... Plan A failed...

My baby never poop for two days. Normal?
BM or FM?

BM dun poop for 5-7days is normal... Try to do tummy massage if you are concerned... Use Ruyi oil...

I Direct latch from 7am-11pm. Then CL will use some of the BM that I stored. If not enough, will top up with FM. My BM officially kicked on Day 6. So my baby demand > what I can supply for now. Enough to feed her for the day, but not enough to store for night feeds.

I also asked a friend's friend who is a paedatrician. Here's the reply :

"If baby has bloated tummy, not feeding well or vomiting, definitely need to bring to poly. If drinking well - sometimes very hard to tell if fully at breast - baby should pass urine at least 6 to 8 time a day, tummy not bloated, no vomiting - then can wait.. Should pass on its own."

CL says later she will teach me how to massage her legs to encourage poop

My baby never poop for two days. Normal?

I Direct latch from 7am-11pm. Then CL will use some of the BM that I stored. If not enough, will top up with FM. My BM officially kicked on Day 6. So my baby demand > what I can supply for now. Enough to feed her for the day, but not enough to store for night feeds.

I also asked a friend's friend who is a paedatrician. Here's the reply :

"If baby has bloated tummy, not feeding well or vomiting, definitely need to bring to poly. If drinking well - sometimes very hard to tell if fully at breast - baby should pass urine at least 6 to 8 time a day, tummy not bloated, no vomiting - then can wait.. Should pass on its own."

CL says later she will teach me how to massage her legs to encourage poop
Hi you can help baby exercise by pushing the knees towards chest.... This helps to poo...did that for my gal

Learnt from CL ways to make bb poo. Like cycling action, push her thighs toward the stomach, etc. Another way is let bb lay on stomach. Then we can use one hand, working all five fingers, to making fast action (not like crazy fast but quick enough) of pulling her little butt (with the diaper still on). Not sure if it's the white noise made from touching the diaper la... But she seems to quiet down and most of the time will poo since the pull action kinda relaxes the butt muscles. The other times = fall asleep. Can tell she finds it very shiok. But of course I will watch her since there's risk on sleeping on chest.

Last edited:
Talking about white noise, I started trying few days ago. Play from YouTube. Seems to add more peace to bb sleep (longer sleep too).

Ur CLs prepare such interesting breakfasts. Seriously, I can't wait for confinement to end. I'm not impressed by this CL.

On sounds to calm bb, I read that we can make a soft Shhh sound to calm fussy or cranky babies and it usually works. Shall give it a go later.

@redvel - share what ur CL prepares for ur lunch leh. Does she usually ask u what u want or she will just cook. Mine asks for every meal and it's really getting on my nerves. Will also ask me what time I want to eat but she always ends up like 30-45 mins earlier, then what's the point of asking.
Bathe also another problem, I always bathe with the herbs after lunch, but she starts boiling the herbs at 5 plus in morning (?!). Her theory, water cool she can reheat, but too hot she can't do much to adjust the temp. Prob is she doesn't reheat, a few times I get fed up, will boil another pot and add it in myself.

Tuna, for me I shower ard 10+ 11am after my breakfast. My mum will boiled 1big kettle ard 6am. Then another kettle ard 9am add to the previous one so by the time I shower the water still super hot.

What music do you all play. I tried don't work on by BB. Prefer to carry to sleep.

My bb have colic. Difficulty in burping. Ended up bob have hiccup. PD gave rid wind to add to FM. I massage the stomach clockwise. Daytime let my bb lie side way or on tummy. It helps give out lot of gases.

Thanks all mummies for sharing the leg exercise. My CL also showed me just now. Could only do a few rounds before baby got irritwted

Sharing what I ate for the past few days.

Fried udon, soup
image.jpeg

Omelette with beans, red spinach, steam fish, soup
image.jpeg

Red spinach and pork, soup
image.jpeg

Stir fry Pork with black fungus, Kai Lan, soup
image.jpeg

Black bean soup + vege
image.jpeg

KWL, very nice meals you have! Can you share what type of soups you drink there? Are they tonic soups or those normal Chinese soup (e.g. black bean soup)?

@tuna Oh..Now then I know shhh.. can calm baby down Haha I though my baby can understand me, whenever he cried loudly for milk and CL is prepare the milk. I will said to my baby ' shhh .. Listen, milk is coming ' and he will stop crying for 10sec .. Then start to cry again Haaa

@piglet - yea, your timing is logical, sounds like what my previous CLs did. Boiling water 7-8 hrs in advance is seriously unnecessary! Thanks for sharing.

@KWL - ur fried udon looks so appetizing. Making me crave for jap food now, yum!

@piglet - yea, your timing is logical, sounds like what my previous CLs did. Boiling water 7-8 hrs in advance is seriously unnecessary! Thanks for sharing.

@KWL - ur fried udon looks so appetizing. Making me crave for jap food now, yum!
My CL also boils it a few hrs earlier I think to get the herbs out of the pack. Then add hot water from kettle when I want to bathe, usually Ard 5pm... Half the times the water is toooo hot for me. After feedback then the water temp is just nice, hot but bearable...

Tuna, for me I shower ard 10+ 11am after my breakfast. My mum will boiled 1big kettle ard 6am. Then another kettle ard 9am add to the previous one so by the time I shower the water still super hot.

What music do you all play. I tried don't work on by BB. Prefer to carry to sleep.
U goggle white noise baby

Can see a few

My cl cooking is good but comes to baby care not my style....but just 1 more week end of confinement ! Yeah!

For soup, we bought hock hua confinement soup package, so every day is Tonic soup.

There are more dishes but I forget to take pic and always starts digging in as soon as it is served hahaha.

Honestly I don't know what I am drinking.
I think got black bean soup, papaya fish 生化汤, some pork n herbal soup. She will also add mee sua into the pork and herbal soup.

Basically, I just drink and eat whatever is given. And I asked for heap of rice because the food is so tasty. I even stood outside the glass to watch how auntie cooks. She says all ginger must fry until water evaporates first before adding sesame oil. Then add vegetables on high heat, before turning to lower heat as u add vegetarian oyster sauce and Wolfberries.

Vegetables that we can eat :
- Ginger
- Red spinach
- Broccoli
- 菜心花
- 芥兰花
- 四季豆

Vegetables to avoid :
-Cabbage
- Long Beans
(Will cut off milk supply instantly)

And I was told not to drink the soup outside as they might be 大骨汤. These wil affect our milk supply of we intend to continue to breast feed

Heard that about $100-200 for closing ang pao, and based on your satisfaction to your CL.
U gave how much for the opening ang pao? I gave $68, not sure the market rate.
Oh no .. I think I give too little for opening Ang bao, I give $20 only.

ImageUploadedByForum1469520136.468770.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469520144.987009.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469520153.606832.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469520161.354260.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469520170.855664.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469520182.858774.jpg

Some of those lunches. Slurp.

I bao $68 as opening too. Actually I bao $50. Then my ahlao added another $18 to make it sound better.

Back