IVF/ICSI Support Group

I think I really got hit by OHSS. Just now puke out my oats and a lot of fluid. Feel much better now and bloat in tummy went down by a lot. Still observing if need to call KKH hotline. Praying hard it does not affect embbies.

Anyone had same experience before?

I think I really got hit by OHSS. Just now puke out my oats and a lot of fluid. Feel much better now and bloat in tummy went down by a lot. Still observing if need to call KKH hotline. Praying hard it does not affect embbies.
It will not affect..but you will feel v jia lat....if need be, depending on the severity, they may admit you....
On a positive note, I heard from one of the nurses previously that abit of OHSS after ET is a good sign..

Anyone had same experience before?
Oh dear... Just go ahead to call bah... They will advise if it's a cause for worry...

If really positive sign, I will tahan. Just that appetite no good scared later don't take in enough nutrients for the beanies.
Don't tahan...cos OHSS will cause fluid to go to your other organs, which is dangerous...
If really v bad, suggest you call up KKH or head straight to O&G..
For the 1st 3 months, the beanies don't really take in much nutrients...except folic acid.

Confirmed... But she's a hardy lady... I'll be nice to her next time I c her. Maybe bao her a small angpow to show my appreciation... Cannot trust men for this kind of thing lol....
Ya lor...cos it's like not giving her face, one time cook soup with so good ingredients, then next day no need to cook liao :p
Explain to her that your doc says that ginseng & dang-gui are a no-no lor..ask her to cook abalone and bird nest :p

Don't tahan...cos OHSS will cause fluid to go to your other organs, which is dangerous...
If really v bad, suggest you call up KKH or head straight to O&G..
For the 1st 3 months, the beanies don't really take in much nutrients...except folic acid.
I will I will...got feel better so I didn't call just now. THH did share about a severe case which caused stroke (first and only that he had encountered). Thanks babe!

Thanks Miloqueen and Almondearie! Have stocked up the drinks.

Miloqueen, u rest well too. Hope u feel better soon :)
Almondearie, can't agree more with the bit on MIL. Must show u appreciate her if not sure upset.

Ya lor...cos it's like not giving her face, one time cook soup with so good ingredients, then next day no need to cook liao :p
Explain to her that your doc says that ginseng & dang-gui are a no-no lor..ask her to cook abalone and bird nest :p
Bird nest cannot eat lei.. 5th mth onwards den can take bird nest

Anyone went Zou Yumin accupunture today? I supposed to have an appt but can't make it. Tried calling so many times but no one answer.. Want to change appt

Anyone went Zou Yumin accupunture today? I supposed to have an appt but can't make it. Tried calling so many times but no one answer.. Want to change appt
Not today. Mine's tmr. But I managed to call thru today. The younger lady picked up.

Recently uncle has not been picking up phone. Made me make an empty trip down last week. Quite frustrated with him.

Not today. Mine's tmr. But I managed to call thru today. The younger lady picked up.

Recently uncle has not been picking up phone. Made me make an empty trip down last week. Quite frustrated with him.
Really ah.. Why he doesn't pick up phone.. Last week dr Zou not around.. And they didnt say when I made appt.. Went down and it's the old lady doc Huang...

Really ah.. Why he doesn't pick up phone.. Last week dr Zou not around.. And they didnt say when I made appt.. Went down and it's the old lady doc Huang...
They didn't tell me too. And one day, they didn't have the afternoon and night session and I made an empty trip cos I called in the morning and no one answered so I had to try my luck.

When I asked the uncle if his phone was spoilt , he said he could have been napping inside. I rolled my eyes cos I called 4 times in total the day before, and at different parts of the day.

They didn't tell me too. And one day, they didn't have the afternoon and night session and I made an empty trip cos I called in the morning and no one answered so I had to try my luck.

When I asked the uncle if his phone was spoilt , he said he could have been napping inside. I rolled my eyes cos I called 4 times in total the day before, and at different parts of the day.
Haha.. U mean their business so poor that he can nap :p

Hi ladies... asking on behalf of a friend. For those of you doing ivf with nuh.. is it that need to settle the payment on ER day? If yes, how much did u pay? My friend is a PR and on long protocol. TIA

Hi ladies... asking on behalf of a friend. For those of you doing ivf with nuh.. is it that need to settle the payment on ER day? If yes, how much did u pay? My friend is a PR and on long protocol. TIA
I think if there's any balance sum that has exceeded the grant and Medisave, u will need to pay even if it's during stim phase. Why I say so is because during my medicated FET, the beginning medicated phase is not claimable from Medisave and they asked me to pay first.

How much your Friend need to pay probably depends on her stim dosage

Yes yes, much better this morning. Last night was really xin ku...can't eat, body ache around and breathless. Almost rushed down to O&G liao. Heng this morning woke up feel more like myself. :)
Oh those fit signs of OHSS... Keep up the protein and water k. Hang in there.

Ever since the ER, my hand has been aching and tingling since they poke the drip. There was a blue black so I suppose I'm healing but I hope the tingling feeling is not going to be chronic.

No wonder the older folks always don't wanna go hospital. Many side effects. :(

Ever since the ER, my hand has been aching and tingling since they poke the drip. There was a blue black so I suppose I'm healing but I hope the tingling feeling is not going to be chronic.

No wonder the older folks always don't wanna go hospital. Many side effects. :(
Oh dear maybe they didn't poke the needle well. Try to massage the blue black to spread out the clotted blood.

Oh dear maybe they didn't poke the needle well. Try to massage the blue black to spread out the clotted blood.
Ya, dislike some of the nurses who tried many times to insert the needle into the vein. It's like "hello, you have done this so many times, yet you screwed mine up?" I have encountered a nurse (should be a noob) who tried 2x on my left and 1x on my right. I was bursting mad.

Ya, dislike some of the nurses who tried many times to insert the needle into the vein. It's like "hello, you have done this so many times, yet you screwed mine up?" I have encountered a nurse (should be a noob) who tried 2x on my left and 1x on my right. I was bursting mad.
Mine looked really experienced. One try went in. Painful but still bearable. Just don't know why like my nerve injured like that. I can still hold and carry stuff so I hope the pain and tingling is temporary. >.<

Mine looked really experienced. One try went in. Painful but still bearable. Just don't know why like my nerve injured like that. I can still hold and carry stuff so I hope the pain and tingling is temporary. >.<
I think should be temporary....just give it a few days...for all you know, the ache will go away the moment you received the BFP? *wink*

I think should be temporary....just give it a few days...for all you know, the ache will go away the moment you received the BFP? *wink*
Lol... I won't mind the ache if I get the BFP!

Do you girls have leg ache? As in suan. My right thigh and sometimes calf will suan... On and off... Keeps coming bk. When I stand for a short while or walk for a short while...

Lol... I won't mind the ache if I get the BFP!

Do you girls have leg ache? As in suan. My right thigh and sometimes calf will suan... On and off... Keeps coming bk. When I stand for a short while or walk for a short while...
I do feel suan here and there not sure if it's all the nua'ing on sofa whole day. Getting bored and don't know what to eat for my meals!

Those who of u who are doing acupuncture, how frequently do u do after transfer?

Also any idea when SF loh's clinic will call back regarding number of mature or fertilised eggs?

I do feel suan here and there not sure if it's all the nua'ing on sofa whole day. Getting bored and don't know what to eat for my meals!
Just came for acupuncture, the physician asked me to get some herbs to 泡脚。

Me too... I actually still eat outside food from time to time. Like later, I'm going to lunch out after TCM.

I think he eats snake when dr Zou not around. Grrr...
Once I wana to make payment and the old uncle still can do his own medicine without noticing me, so ppl can just walk out from the shop without paying haha, the phone will oso divert to fax machine. I can feel the noise while doing the acupuncture sessions.

Once I wana to make payment and the old uncle still can do his own medicine without noticing me, so ppl can just walk out from the shop without paying haha, the phone will oso divert to fax machine. I can feel the noise while doing the acupuncture sessions.
He mixed up my dosages before. A pity cos dr Zou is nice and I think what she's been doing for me is helping me. This chap no heart in his work haha...

Back