2016/08 August babies

Have applied to join the group.

Kim Hwee S is my user id. Gotta wait for admin to approve.

First time dad, Twin Girls due Aug 17 by C-sect at KKH, under Prof Tan HH

Please join fellow 2016 mummies and daddies at facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/2016mumsndads

There is also currently an ongoing GIVEAWAY for a newborn baby photography package organized by the group. Shortcut to the link can be found here: http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/471d31df1/[/QUOTE]

Hello mummy,

Due to water level low, my doctor decide to bring forward my planned c-section to tomorrow. Suddenly i am a july mummy. ha ha.

I will be doing it at KKH tomorrow morning. All the best to the rest of you mummy. Jia you

Any mummies to be suffering from piles??
Im currently at my 3rd trimester and i have piles even before my pregnancy.
Iam still comtemplating whether to go for a natural labour or via csec due to the piles that i have.

Will the nurses help to push back the piles in during natural labour? Or any mums had experience with piles via natural labour.
Supwr scare to push via natural deliverydue to my piles problem.. in dilemma now!

Any mummies to be suffering from piles??
Im currently at my 3rd trimester and i have piles even before my pregnancy.
Iam still comtemplating whether to go for a natural labour or via csec due to the piles that i have.

Will the nurses help to push back the piles in during natural labour? Or any mums had experience with piles via natural labour.
Supwr scare to push via natural deliverydue to my piles problem.. in dilemma now!

Hello mummy, when in doubt, alsways consult your chosen gynac. He/she will be able to explain to you the options. You are paying them a lot of $$$, so should always take every opportunity to ask them any question that you might have.

Jia you.

Hello mummy, when in doubt, alsways consult your chosen gynac. He/she will be able to explain to you the options. You are paying them a lot of $$$, so should always take every opportunity to ask them any question that you might have.

Jia you.

Yeah cant wait for my gynae checkup this weekend for any creams or medi to shrink the piles!

Dear Mummies

I am organising a group buy to purchase egg diffusers from a seller at Bulk Purchase forum. I previously bought 2 eggs from her and loved them! So planning to buy some more as gifts for family and friends. If I buy 20 eggs, the seller will give another 10% discount ($9/egg). I will collect from her personally to save on courier charges. If you are keen to join me, please pm me or email to [email protected] by 18 August. I will arrange a meetup to pass you the eggs after I receive them. Thanks!

Here's the link to the lovely eggs:

http://singaporemotherhood.com/foru...py-essential-oils-starter-kit-on-sale.211891/

Hi all,

I am a mummy myself and has the same worry as u all do. I always worry whether if the confinement nanny is experience anot, will she take good care of baby, need to be on monitoring, is she lazy etc etc...

I had just finish my confinement and must say that my cl is still as good. This is my 2nd child, and I am engaging her for a 2nd time after 6yrs.

Disclaimer: I am not in any way related to her. just thought that since I hv a good confinement nanny why not share with the mummies here who want to do a good confinement.

I have very good impression of her because of the following:-

1. She take good care of my baby 24/7.
2. She will inform me of what can eat n can't and also will remind me what can do and cannot.
Sometimes if I hv queries, I will ask her and she will advise me. But based on mutual understanding that since I engage cl then I will listen to her advise and also we are open for discussion if any situation corps up (eg different expectations n way of handling babies)
3. She will help me save $$ when doing marketing and buying herbs in sense that she will not spend on the most expensive stuff with no value to mummy.
4. She is a great cook and I can request for food I like and she will cook it in confinement method. (Sometime my mum n relative will drop by n they will pinch on the food and all comment nice).
5. On my 1st week visit to pd, pd already comment that my baby has already increase in weight and is heavier than birth weight. (Baby wt normally drops few days after delivery). PD told me that my baby is in good hands and ask me not to worry.
6. My baby has slight jaundice n she will use her traditional method to help reduce which will be cleared before 2nd visit to pd.
7. She cooks for my family n keeps the area clean to where the baby goes.
8. She helps to wash baby n my clothes.
9. She talks and entertain my baby and my baby listens to her. (U may not believe but she really has a way with baby and that is the reason I engage her service 2nd time on private basis.

Mummies if u are interested and would like to find out more, you may pm me for her details.

Wish and hope all have a smooth n safe delivery.

hi mommies,

Any of ur LO has jaundice problem. I knw that jaundice is very common in newborns. But too high is not good. Mine alrd in his 2nd week, level has dropped but still not at ideal level yet. Heart pain to keep sending baby for the jaundice test and gets pricked everytime.

My previous 2 kiddos have already grown up, both alrd 10years old. Cannot rem how it was during that time for them.

This 3rd one is like my first newborn. I have re-learn everything. Gets abit hands n legs mixed up when bringing baby out for checkup.

Today just went to polyclinic to do the jaundice test. Previously all the jaundice tests are done at Mount A. Price at $85 per test at Mount A. Polyclinic only charge me $5. such big difference in pricing. And the advises given by the doctor there and the pd are totally different as well. So what is what. Confused. Just want baby faster recover his jaundice.

Pls share with me ur experience.

Hi Cindy,

My baby is also born same date as urs. ☺️
I dunno if there's any fb group anot, cos it seems this chat on August babies is not v active.

hi mummies, my baby born on 1st Aug too! shall we exchange our baby's progress & share information on the care for babies? i'm a first-time mum.

Hi all

I'm breastfeeding my baby.

My breastfeeding milk supply is getting lesser.

Beside western lactation consultant, heard TCM also have lactation consultant.

My friend told me TCM have breastfeeding massage to boost milk supply but I don't know which TCM lactation is good.

Can anyone recommend a good TCM lactation consultant?

Last edited:
I manage to find some info about TCM Lactation consultant at the link below.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/post-natal-massage-by-tmc.209330/

Base on the link above, the member of the forum ever tried traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) breastfeeding massage to boost her milk supply.

The member recommend TCM Physician and TCM Lactation consultant Ms Shana to boost milk supply. Her website is
http://www.tcmconfinement.com/clinic/

Her clinic Address:
The Promenade at Pelikat
183 Jalan Pelikat #01-84, S537643
Near Lift Lobby 3 at Level 1.

Has anyone ever tried Breastfeeding massage with TCM physician Ms Shana?
Can she really boost milk supply using TCM?

I manage to find some info about TCM Lactation consultant at the link below.

http://singaporemotherhood.com/forum/threads/post-natal-massage-by-tmc.209330/

Base on the link above, the member of the forum ever tried traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) breastfeeding massage to boost her milk supply.

The member recommend TCM Physician and TCM Lactation consultant Ms Shana to boost milk supply. Her website is
http://www.tcmconfinement.com/clinic/

Her clinic Address:
The Promenade at Pelikat
183 Jalan Pelikat #01-84, S537643
Near Lift Lobby 3 at Level 1.

Has anyone ever tried Breastfeeding massage with TCM physician Ms Shana?
Can she really boost milk supply using TCM?

I did not try before. My bm was low as well end up my baby's jaundice got worse after 1week he is born n I had to mix with fm. I tried taking chia seed, oatmeals etc but didn't rly work well. I continued for 2mths to let baby latch on, think my supply is not enough for him n I hav to supplement with fm aft BF. Eventually I gave up cos I taking oral contraceptive pills now.

I felt so guilty as I knw bm is still the best for baby n save lots of money but if I'm not eating well, resting enough there won't b enough healthy bm to feed baby.

I do have friends successfully full BF from birth..

Back