Year 2016 IVF Mummy To-Be

Erh how to use diaper clothes for bb to sleep? Roll into a donut shape n let bb head lay on it ?

Yup I put recovery position n during the night bb will move n wiggle like worm..end up also lay on his head....I also was thinking lay on his arm(recovery position his arm will numb bo)
I din roll. I just fold 2 pcs of diaper into a rectangle and use that as a pillow. But if you dun want baby head to be flat, must be very diligent in correcting his head position such that he dun always tilt to the same side. Old wives tale also say must "soh" his head in a circular motion (as and when).

Oh...den must go find out I still hv chance to do massage for after birth Liao...any recommend ?
I got my masseur from Traditional and Holistic Post Natal Centre www.jamumassage.com . Read online reviews that Mdm Rokiah is good so went to this company. Ultimately not Mdm Rokiah who came but another masseur call Aidah came. Thumbs up for the skill and her strength is just nice. I slept through during the massage and felt more refreshed after every session. My flabs got smaller though still got a bit left to hide. The only buay tahan thing is must wrap from rib cage all the way till the hip. Wah seh, it is soooooo tight that i can't even sit without difficult. Sometimes i will remove 30mins later coz really cannot breathe. LOL

I think nothing to do with genes. Really is the sleeping position coz the skull still not hard yet.
But boy need to go NS in future le. Then can see liao.

All the more easier to diet coz no time to eat. But you dun need diet la coz you are not big-sized in the first place lor. Seriously, if you are going to bf, better dun go on diet (opps... pot calling kettle black).

Hahaha...ya! pot calling kettle black! you gained alot of weight that's why you wanted to go on a diet ah?

Aiyo, then flat head all the way ah? (This I dunno, my stupid friend told me that he has a flat head cos he's Hainanese. He said all Hainanese guys have flat heads #FeltCheated) Maybe it's really nature's way of informing the mommy that, hey your kid should sleep on the sides rather than on the back to prevent SID

I din roll. I just fold 2 pcs of diaper into a rectangle and use that as a pillow. But if you dun want baby head to be flat, must be very diligent in correcting his head position such that he dun always tilt to the same side. Old wives tale also say must "soh" his head in a circular motion (as and when).

My #1 is really lucky. I never soh his head, never let him sleep on the pillow, never shave him bald at all, his head really turns out to be Beckham's head :p :p :p

I also don't dare to soh cos wa lau, when you see the soft spot on the front head throbbing, you just go weak.

I got my masseur from Traditional and Holistic Post Natal Centre www.jamumassage.com .

Thanks for the info (both how to fold the diaper n on masseur) will try it out n also see the website ..

All mummy...

N 1 more question...from birth till now I have not bring bb shave his head ( botak) cos as towkayneo mention c bb head (soft part)I also scare tt y never bring..

But bb is a warmer pack(sweat like crazy) result in heat rashes at the back of his upper part of neck (partly cover by hair)

Hubby keep nagging say must shave...Is it necessary to shave also for much beautiful hair in furture ? N if to shave must bring to those kiddy salon mah?

Last edited:
All mummy...

N 1 more question...from birth till now I have not bring bb shave his head ( botak) cos as towkayneo mention c bb head (soft part)I also scare tt y never bring..

But bb is a warmer pack(sweat like crazy) result in heat rashes at the back of his upper part of neck (partly cover by hair)

Hubby keep nagging say must shave...Is it necessary to shave also for much beautiful hair in furture ? N if to shave must bring to those kiddy saloon mah?

If you really must shave, for me, I would go to a more established kiddy salon, pls make sure the blade is a new one or the shaver is sanitized.

Some said shave botak will have beautiful hair in future. I would prefer to think hair thickness as genetic :p

One of the reasons why the senior citizens want their grandkids to shave botak is because the hair touches the mummy's private parts during labour and if you never shave, it's disrespectful to walk into a temple :/

All mummy...

Hubby keep nagging say must shave...Is it necessary to shave also for much beautiful hair in furture ? N if to shave must bring to those kiddy saloon mah?

I shaved my boy botak after 4th month cos the hair will start to fall off for some babies. It helps to keep him cool. He had v thick hair since birth. It helps to prevent skin irritation too at back of the neck n behind the ears. (Areas that trap perspiration) I brought him to those saloon for kids cos shaving bald. Must be skilled / experienced. Not everyone can handle a fidgeting /crying baby. I feel it's safer. Just once. But expensive ($20++).

Instead of diaper cloth, I used the swaddle cloth (folded a few times) as a pillow. Also to keep the bedsheet clean in case he regurgitate milk.

Hahaha...ya! pot calling kettle black! you gained alot of weight that's why you wanted to go on a diet ah?
Not from #2 but from #1 lor. You can see how overdue it is. Gained 7kg in my 2nd pregnancy. 1st pregnancy gained 20 kg. Only managed to lose 10kg then. So far i only manage to lose 15kg. Still have at least 2kg more. Coz i am not very tall at 1.69m, having extra flab will make me look FAT. Imagine i have been a walking pumpkin for 3 years??

I also don't dare to soh cos wa lau, when you see the soft spot on the front head throbbing, you just go weak.
Dun use strength mah... actually i soh coz i like to play with his limited strands of hair. :D

@Tsum_tsum Actually the real scientific reason for shaving is coz of the weather in SG. Plus these infant hair will drop eventually but not all together. So i choose to shave when he was 1 month so that he won't have patches of hair later on. This is what happened to my fren's babies. The baby got lotsa hair so she want to keep them. Who knows these infant hair stated dropping to the extent of him having patches of hair near both temples and a bit at the bad. Looks very funny so she had to shave for him. Took 3 rounds (but duno why need so many rounds) of shaving before the hair grew evenly.

Agree with @towkayneo that thickness of hair is genetic. My #1 has very little hair when he was born. Now his hair is sooo thick and black like mine (before postpartum hair loss).

Ohh by the way, red rashes at the back of baby's neck is common. Coz they are always lying down plus with the hot weather, it's evitable to have heat rash. But if it persist for a long time and keep coming back, it might be baby eczema or allergies. So have to be careful.

I got my masseur from Traditional and Holistic Post Natal Centre www.jamumassage.com . Read online reviews that Mdm Rokiah is good so went to this company. Ultimately not Mdm Rokiah who came but another masseur call Aidah came. Thumbs up for the skill and her strength is just nice. I slept through during the massage and felt more refreshed after every session. My flabs got smaller though still got a bit left to hide. The only buay tahan thing is must wrap from rib cage all the way till the hip. Wah seh, it is soooooo tight that i can't even sit without difficult. Sometimes i will remove 30mins later coz really cannot breathe. LOL
Oh I have also signed up for their post natal massage package too as very near my place. In case need lactation consultation, I can go there instead of going back all the way to hospital. Have heard great reviews. Actually Mdm Rokiah & her Daughter focuses on breast massage at their center for breast engorgement issues. They have a team of masseurs for home based post natal jamu and Javanese massage.

Not from #2 but from #1 lor. You can see how overdue it is. Gained 7kg in my 2nd pregnancy. 1st pregnancy gained 20 kg. Only managed to lose 10kg then. So far i only manage to lose 15kg. Still have at least 2kg more. Coz i am not very tall at 1.69m, having extra flab will make me look FAT. Imagine i have been a walking pumpkin for 3 years??

Dun use strength mah... actually i soh coz i like to play with his limited strands of hair. :D
Aiyo...Wah 1.69m very tall ley *envy*

For red patches, I used coconut water. Used a cotton pad dip in the coconut water n tap tap on the red patches like afternoon. Coconut water cool them off. Just buy 1 coconut n keep a small amount of water to use.

Oh I have also signed up for their post natal massage package too as very near my place. In case need lactation consultation, I can go there instead of going back all the way to hospital. Have heard great reviews. Actually Mdm Rokiah & her Daughter focuses on breast massage at their center for breast engorgement issues. They have a team of masseurs for home based post natal jamu and Javanese massage.
Yaya, I signed up for their home-based massage package and Mdm Aidah was also very good. This time round i did not do breast massage coz the lactation consultant in KKH was already quite good and i had no engorgement issue. As first time mum, it's likely that you will encounter engorgement. Good that you are prepared and have identified who can help with that. Counting down liao to 36 weeks liao. Rooting for you.

1.69m is not really tall for someone with big frame le. All flab just look out of place. At least you and @towkayneo are petite. Having a bit more fats won't really hurt, unlike us.

Last edited:

I email them regarding my situation n they said still can do massage but if is 4-5 month after birth will not be effective Liao n depends on the wound healing ....I coming 3 month after c-sec le lor...

Not sure should I go for it a not...argh....should hv do it earlier...

Yaya, I signed up for their home-based massage package and Mdm Aidah was also very good. This time round i did not do breast massage coz the lactation consultant in KKH was already quite good and i had no engorgement issue. As first time mum, it's likely that you will encounter engorgement. Good that you are prepared and have identified who can help with that. Counting down liao to 36 weeks liao. Rooting for you.

1.69m is not really tall for someone with big frame le. All flab just look out of place. At least you and @towkayneo are petite. Having a bit more fats won't really hurt, unlike us.
Wa, engorgement is sucky...I went to KKH lactation consultant 2x and every time I see her, it was a painful affair. She would massage the lumps away and I was tearing away. and it was messy cos the milk would be squirting in all directions. Petite? Medium size laaa!

@Tsum_tsum Actually the real scientific reason for shaving is coz of the weather in SG. Plus these infant hair will drop eventually but not all together. So i choose to shave when he was 1 month so that he won't have patches of hair later on. This is what happened to my fren's babies. The baby got lotsa hair so she want to keep them. Who knows these infant hair stated dropping to the extent of him having patches of hair near both temples and a bit at the bad. Looks very funny so she had to shave for him. Took 3 rounds (but duno why need so many rounds) of shaving before the hair grew evenly.

Ya weather in sg is killing ....i also abit scare to shave due to I heard the hair grow back will be in patches...:(

Like tt look very ugly ley for bb....n when will bb start to drop their infant hair? Cos if not wrong they shed their hair = mummy turn to drop hairs too?? * horrify at the tots of it*

Ya weather in sg is killing ....i also abit scare to shave due to I heard the hair grow back will be in patches...:(

Like tt look very ugly ley for bb....n when will bb start to drop their infant hair? Cos if not wrong they shed their hair = mummy turn to drop hairs too?? * horrify at the tots of it*
Erm... i oso duno when le coz i shave their heads even before the hairs start to fall off. :D But it doesn't look nice for sure with patches of hair.

Ya, the postpartum hait loss is another sucky stage lor. Mine started ard 4m pp and i am super scared that i will have a bald patch somehow somewhere!!! :mad::mad:

I email them regarding my situation n they said still can do massage but if is 4-5 month after birth will not be effective Liao n depends on the wound healing ....I coming 3 month after c-sec le lor...

My friend tried 7+months after she delivered and she said not so effective liao. But it helps to loosen the notches she had on her shoulder and back lor.

Tsum_tsum, postnatal massage too long not effective. Quick book your sessions n go.

Ya! Kenna that and wa lau, it's damn scary to feel that the hair has thinned so much....:(
I using scale care shampoo during pregnancy. Now use anti hair fall shampoo to prevent. Spray hair serum too. Hopefully don't drop too much. Planning to do a scale treatment after confinement. Heehee

I using scale care shampoo during pregnancy. Now use anti hair fall shampoo to prevent. Spray hair serum too. Hopefully don't drop too much. Planning to do a scale treatment after confinement. Heehee
Wa, doing prevention liao ah....

Some said will definitely grow back, but for some, it seems like it's permanently "one layer thinner"

Ya! Kenna that and wa lau, it's damn scary to feel that the hair has thinned so much....:(
Ya man, i get very conscious after delivering. The hair does grow back la, but the rate of growth is slower than the rate of rate of shedding le. So it's like you said permanently "one layer thinner". I hope i dun have to turn to Beijing 101 :eek::eek:

For some people hor, using anti-hairfall shampoo causes more hair to fall le. At least i am one of that unlucky one. I think @hi_mei ever shared 1 french brand before, just that needs to use long term. If not the cycle may start again.

Ya man, i get very conscious after delivering. The hair does grow back la, but the rate of growth is slower than the rate of rate of shedding le. So it's like you said permanently "one layer thinner". I hope i dun have to turn to Beijing 101 :eek::eek:
For some people hor, using anti-hairfall shampoo causes more hair to fall le. At least i am one of that unlucky one. I think @hi_mei[/USER] ever shared 1 french brand before, just that needs to use long term. If not the cycle may start again.

It took quite a while for my hair to be "normalized"...aiya, Beijing 101 works meh?

Dunno if breastfeeding will extract nutrients from the body, causing hair growth to be much slower? Possible?

Other than such shampoos, nothing much we can do if we are breastfeeding...

It took quite a while for my hair to be "normalized"...aiya, Beijing 101 works meh? Dunno if breastfeeding will extract nutrients from the body, causing hair growth to be much slower? Possible? Other than such shampoos, nothing much we can do if we are breastfeeding...
Duno le, never tried such "professional" service before. And maybe bf-ing does cause hair growth to be slower. I remember my hair fall wasn't that bad for my #1 and i only bf for 3 months. Hmm.... but would you give up bf coz of the hair fall? Think we can only pray hard that it will normalise soon.

Duno le, never tried such "professional" service before. And maybe bf-ing does cause hair growth to be slower. I remember my hair fall wasn't that bad for my #1 and i only bf for 3 months. Hmm.... but would you give up bf coz of the hair fall? Think we can only pray hard that it will normalise soon.
No ley, I did not give up bf cos of the hair fall and hormonal acne ley (My face suddenly broke out lo and I was so depressed then). I think my hair normalised after like a year plus wor....

Shouldn't post-childbirth make us look more chio? Nature is so unfair..

Some said will definitely grow back, but for some, it seems like it's permanently "one layer thinner"
Yes my hair is thick even before pregnancy. So have to do scalp care. Now doing confinement still using scalp care shampoo n serum. Plan to do a scalp treatment after confinement. My no.1 time, my hair drop at 4th mth and took abt 2-3mths to normalize.

Yes my hair is thick even before pregnancy. So have to do scalp care. Now doing confinement still using scalp care shampoo n serum. Plan to do a scalp treatment after confinement. My no.1 time, my hair drop at 4th mth and took abt 2-3mths to normalize.
that's quite fast ley, 2-3 months!! So envious that you have thick hair! You can try most hairstyles with thick hair

After delivery, I make it a point to do scalp or hair treatment at least once a mth at saloon. I will spray my serum Everytime I wash my hair to strengthen it. I think is all these effort help me normalize faster

After delivery, I make it a point to do scalp or hair treatment at least once a mth at saloon. I will spray my serum Everytime I wash my hair to strengthen it. I think is all these effort help me normalize faster
Any problem with grey hair..?

Hi mummies,

I have a white dress to let go for maternity photo shoot. $30 plus postage. Interested party, pls pm me. It's stretchy and free size.
ImageUploadedByForum1469431299.138331.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1469431310.758146.jpg

I already started alternating between hair loss shampoo and sensitive scalp shampoo hehe. Actually hair loss shampoo is hubby's, I 'steal' a bit lah

I am thinking to colour my hair before I go back to work. So is it better to do it after 4 mths. But if my hair drop alot I no mood colour.

I gave up on my looks liao. After #1 no time to maintain. Think i aged 10 years sians.
I don't even have time to put mask or toner etc. and only can go those 10 min haircut.

I chopped off but it was still relatively long. You mean the hair loss start only after 4 mths? Faint! I thought I escaped.
Hmm ya depends, but generally it starts a few mths aftet birth. It was a good idea to chop off hair tho. Heard it will reduce the loss a bit.

I gave up on my looks liao. After #1 no time to maintain. Think i aged 10 years sians.
I don't even have time to put mask or toner etc. and only can go those 10 min haircut.
Great sacrifice!! I also never put on mask & toner, just benzac gel to prevent acne breakout.

Then intending to dye..?

My hair is full of grey hairs and I am so sians of snipping them away..I need a hair dye very soon...
Mine at this moment not a lot. I never dye my hair. + now BF I think better don't dye first. I trimed my hair n make it thinner before going for delivery. Not too short. Still can tie up during confinement. Hot hot.

Back