Looking for baby sitter to come Tiong Bahru area.

Koala-Mummy

working days 0800 to 1800.

Must come our house. 4 months old baby.

Take care of baby and wash her items / clothes only.

Long term and serious commitment only.

$500 per month. ( regardless of public holidays etc )

Pm me with your details

Thanks ..

Dear Koala-Mummy

Just to share, my colleague pays $700 per month for her babysitter. She sends the baby to the nanny's house before 8am and pickup before 6:30pm. Besides taking care of the baby, the nanny will also do the baby's laundry, clean the bottles, etc - there is a set of baby stuff at the nanny's house. She does not bring the baby over on weekends and on her off-days. So the nanny works 5-day week. When the nanny is sick, or when the nanny has to run errands or go for holiday, they just make arrangements to let the baby stay home with them.

One of the reason most nannies like to work from their home is because they get to watch their other children, or they get to do all their usual housework, incl cooking and cleaning for their own family. I'm afraid $500 is too low for you to get anyone good or committed.

That said, you can try to put your baby at infantcare such as Sparkletots. For SG citizens, there are special rates. After the normal subsidy, you usually pay around $700+. If you qualify for additional subsidy, then it could be as low as $10/mth. It is a good deal, it is safe (teachers are pre-qualified and pre-checked by the centres), and the timing suits you cos they open from 7am to 7pm.

All the best.

Dear Koala-Mummy

Just to share, my colleague pays $700 per month for her babysitter. She sends the baby to the nanny's house before 8am and pickup before 6:30pm. Besides taking care of the baby, the nanny will also do the baby's laundry, clean the bottles, etc - there is a set of baby stuff at the nanny's house. She does not bring the baby over on weekends and on her off-days. So the nanny works 5-day week. When the nanny is sick, or when the nanny has to run errands or go for holiday, they just make arrangements to let the baby stay home with them.

One of the reason most nannies like to work from their home is because they get to watch their other children, or they get to do all their usual housework, incl cooking and cleaning for their own family. I'm afraid $500 is too low for you to get anyone good or committed.

That said, you can try to put your baby at infantcare such as Sparkletots. For SG citizens, there are special rates. After the normal subsidy, you usually pay around $700+. If you qualify for additional subsidy, then it could be as low as $10/mth. It is a good deal, it is safe (teachers are pre-qualified and pre-checked by the centres), and the timing suits you cos they open from 7am to 7pm.

All the best.
Thank you dear frog.

I will make adjustments then .. My baby is in infant care now but not working well. She refuses to drink milk / sleep or wake. From cheerful baby now is unhappy. :(

Thank you dear frog.

I will make adjustments then .. My baby is in infant care now but not working well. She refuses to drink milk / sleep or wake. From cheerful baby now is unhappy. :(

Adjustments take time. All infantcare operate in routines. So it gets sometime but after a while should be used to it. Babysitter, a good sitter would be Godsent, but if you get one that have funny habits etc - they could be harder to monitor and counsel than maids! However, if you are still looking for a sitter, try other SAHMs nearby - ask them to help take are...

Just to share, My baby refused to drink from bottle and would starve herself from 7am till 1pm to wait for me to come home to breastfeed her. It was very painful for me. But they all grow up... and she has no memory of that part of her life. She is now a happy and talkative child.

Back