2016/07 July babies

Two weeks plus, I delivered on 5 July and this is my first c section. Are U still wearing the binder?
1st time csect is painful. The wound is raw. Take time to heal. I wear binder. During the day when I need to move ard. At night I took painkiller. This time is my 2nd csect heal faster cos same cut. Now going my 4th wk, I still wearing binder n daytime got chance lie down n rest.

Two weeks plus, I delivered on 5 July and this is my first c section. Are U still wearing the binder?
1st time csect is painful. The wound is raw. Take time to heal. I wear binder. During the day when I need to move ard. At night I took painkiller. This time is my 2nd csect heal faster cos same cut. Now going my 4th wk, I still wearing binder n daytime got chance lie down n rest.

@KWL - I realise last week that in certain positions, one particular stitch would be sort of poking into the wound, causing me extreme pain. Don't know if yours is due to this also.
Today at day 13, all the stitches hv dissolved, and since 2 days back, I haven't been feeling any pain. It'll be over very soon :)

Reactions: KWL
@KWL - I realise last week that in certain positions, one particular stitch would be sort of poking into the wound, causing me extreme pain. Don't know if yours is due to this also.
Today at day 13, all the stitches hv dissolved, and since 2 days back, I haven't been feeling any pain. It'll be over very soon :)
Exactly! I am at that phase now

Talking abt weight loss, not losing weight as fast as with LO but gradually still losing. I think it's becos I am eating better cos CL is a good cook, and I drink all the essence of chicken and bird nest which i skipped the last time.

LO is approx 4.7kg today! Which is almost a pack of rice! No wonder I find my back aching tho I dun carry him much still.

I had my LO crying while changing diapers at 1plus am, end up waking my elder son... So 2 screaming kids is no joke in the late nite. Zzzzzz...

4.7kg is impressive!

Oh I see, I wear binder all day and night, can't sleep on my side Coz I feel pain when my bolster press again my wound, so got to sleep on my back. I never take pain killer as I heard it will reduce the milk supply. my mum ask me not to carry heavy stuff, wondering can I use carrier after my confinement to bring my baby out? How u all bath your baby ? I saw my Cl squat down next to the bath tub.. Not sure I can squat down or not as I still feel pain on my wound.

@emk, I am better now and this is my 3rd week of confinement, except for tummy still abit bulging. Only when I face down when lying on the bed during massage, can feel the straining on the side of the tummy, a bit uncomfortable. But so far so good. According to CL, do lie down on the bed more to allow for better recovery.

Oh I see, I wear binder all day and night, can't sleep on my side Coz I feel pain when my bolster press again my wound, so got to sleep on my back. I never take pain killer as I heard it will reduce the milk supply. my mum ask me not to carry heavy stuff, wondering can I use carrier after my confinement to bring my baby out? How u all bath your baby ? I saw my Cl squat down next to the bath tub.. Not sure I can squat down or not as I still feel pain on my wound.

Guess better not to squat as you add pressure to the tummy area...u have a small stool to sit on ? If not , better get someone to help you bathe baby till u r better

Piglet what is the purpose of the binder? I didn't wear that for both deliveries .....whether in Kkh or tmc...dr never mentioned about binder.

Guess better not to squat as you add pressure to the tummy area...u have a small stool to sit on ? If not , better get someone to help you bathe baby till u r better

Piglet what is the purpose of the binder? I didn't wear that for both deliveries .....whether in Kkh or tmc...dr never mentioned about binder.
Kkh the nurse would ask u to go buy a binder after csect. Is to support our back. I pull it quite tight. The best part is day 1. Just wrap it. As day go by tummy become smaller. I pull is hard so is tighter. I off abit plump side. Put on 10kg during pregnancy. After delivery abt 1wk, I back to my pre pregnancy weight. Now I lost 3kg. completing my postnatal massage. Follow by 7sessions of slimming massage. Hopefully can lose another 5kg. Hahaha

After csect the doc would give u painkiller. For me I was given 2type. Normal Pandol n a stronger one. I slowly reduce until I took normal Pandol for abt 10days n I off painkiller. Nomore pain. Csect is a major cut on our tummy. 7 layers.Take time to heal. For now is the surface heal nicely. I told Dh. 1layer 1wks to heal heehee. No carry heavy take. For now the heaviest I carry is my Bb. Upon discharge the nurse also say don't bend too much n carry heavy thing until doc review in 6wks time. If your want to bath your be, put a stool n sit, don't squat or ask anyone to lift up the bath tub n place is on the toilet bowl. Bb only need light water to clean up.

@Gwenk maybe I didn't rest so much as I always jump off from my bed when I heard my baby cry at next room. When I get up too quickly, I feel the pain and got to walk extremely slow. Feel like something is dropping down.
@gan good idea, will get my hub to buy me a small stool as I also need to bath for my doggy too.

@piglet02 yea I also wear it very tight as the nurse taught me to pull it tight. I get my hub to wear it for me, I hold on one side and he pull the other side.

Kkh the nurse would ask u to go buy a binder after csect. Is to support our back. I pull it quite tight. The best part is day 1. Just wrap it. As day go by tummy become smaller. I pull is hard so is tighter. I off abit plump side. Put on 10kg during pregnancy. After delivery abt 1wk, I back to my pre pregnancy weight. Now I lost 3kg. completing my postnatal massage. Follow by 7sessions of slimming massage. Hopefully can lose another 5kg. Hahaha

Opps my first was delivered in Kkh, n didn't use binder! Gosh shld have got one since can make tummy smaller!
Think now can only start post natal massage to make it smaller

I do think binder and massage helped. Actually my masseur says one should start on day 7 (after natural birth) to get maximum effect of massage and wrapping.

Now everyday I continue wearing binder. Only remove when sleeping.

i started first massage session today.

Auntie says my uterus is still hanging low. Ask me not to drink water while standing. (Didn't know abt it!)

She helped me to clear some of my milk ducts too.

And I was told to wear tight pants like jeans. No elastic banded bottoms as our hips n tummy will expand!

Ur ML is good! How she noe ur uterus hanging low!

My CL told me not to drink water standing up. So yes, now we noe! I have binder but super lazy to wear. But my tummy is still loose and bulging...

she used her fingers to press against my tummy. She also said I have some blood clots. She prepped me that I will be passing out clots when I pee later.

Now I am wearing a cloth binder. She told me that it will be warm and asked me to endure until Tmr bath time.

At the last massage session, the masseur told me my womb is now back in place.

Yes I was told no eating n drinking while standing. It will add weight to the uterus? Anyway sometimes I forgot. Like to walk around the house n drink heh.

i started first massage session today.

Auntie says my uterus is still hanging low. Ask me not to drink water while standing. (Didn't know abt it!)

She helped me to clear some of my milk ducts too.

And I was told to wear tight pants like jeans. No elastic banded bottoms as our hips n tummy will expand!
Yes yes I sit down take med n drink water. Don't drink while standing during confinement.

My masseur also told me I got clots and lumpy when she touch my tummy n true enough after masseur my lochia become heavier. She told my wound heal nicely. Now 3wks already, I still have lochia.

My masseur was also sharing if one has fibroid (esp big ones), she should be informed so that massage will not accidentally rapture them or somehow make it worse. But she says if they are at prominent spots or big enough, she can feel them too.

Want to ask a just-in-case question - If baby is not feeling well, do we bring to hospital A&E?

Want to ask a just-in-case question - If baby is not feeling well, do we bring to hospital A&E?

Oh I guess it depends on timing and severity? Can bring to polyclinic if a little unwell. I guess after clinic hours head straight to A&E if situation can't wait.

Today I just spotted a new phenomenon! My baby was just beginning to latch on me (my breast was so called stimulated for milk liao)but just a less than a min she unlatched accidentally and wow my milk was literally spraying like a hose. Hehe. Caught off guard as it was spraying all over my baby's face (but she was nonchalant -_-). For a good ten seconds I was thinking what I should do next. Quickly made her opened her mouth and shoved it back to stop the mess lol.

@KWL - were you given a set of instructions on what to do when bb is unwell upon your discharge? The discharge staff told me to bring bb back to sgh if there is vomiting, cough and other unusual symptoms. Agree with redvel, but there really are a lot of germs and viruses in polyclinic, I personally would prefer to bring back to sgh.

@redvel - haha, one of the funnier aspects of breastfeeding. You must have been stunned! I always keep a hanky nearby when feeding her, because if there is a letdown and she happens to be distracted and lets go at the same time, the milk would spray all over her and the furniture as well.

@KWL - were you given a set of instructions on what to do when bb is unwell upon your discharge? The discharge staff told me to bring bb back to sgh if there is vomiting, cough and other unusual symptoms. Agree with redvel, but there really are a lot of germs and viruses in polyclinic, I personally would prefer to bring back to sgh.

@redvel - haha, one of the funnier aspects of breastfeeding. You must have been stunned! I always keep a hanky nearby when feeding her, because if there is a letdown and she happens to be distracted and lets go at the same time, the milk would spray all over her and the furniture as well.

I had one such episode too. I was just unbuttoning my bra and suddenly the milk just spraying out. Stunned for a moment and didn't know what to do. So i tried to aim at LO's mouth so at least won't waste my milk. But it was a mess, and the sofa now has my milk -.-" But it was fun to see that, hopefully more to come, but not with the mess.

What do u mean by how long?

At day 4, I have Abt 60ml per pump...

Now I have 140-160ml per pump (10mins), so maybe 4mins to get 50ml?

Is that what u are asking?
Wow, so envy you all can yield so much of bm. I have a hard time to get my baby latch on me. Tried hard to pump, yet get nothing, only manage to hand express for max 10ml per express. Was so demoralised. Any good tips and advise to yield more bm?

I use just plain warm water to bathe her. No after bath lotion or anything. Intend to do that for 6months. Bathe once in morning and early evening clean with wet napkin.

Babies are very clean. Don't need "chemical" to be added.

Wow, so envy you all can yield so much of bm. I have a hard time to get my baby latch on me. Tried hard to pump, yet get nothing, only manage to hand express for max 10ml per express. Was so demoralised. Any good tips and advise to yield more bm?
I was in similar position, except baby can latch, but think she only comfort latch cos she didn't pee or poop much, we had to supplement w formula as she had jaundice too. On top of that I could only yield 5ml hand express both sides :(

Then I spoke w kkh lactation consultant, she asked if my milk was coming out in drips, even tho my.boobs engorged. Meaning blocked ducts. Advised to massage nipples for longer to open them up, and eventually I can spray on both sides after 2 days of trying. Now I yield about 50-60 ml if bb dun latch, post latch abt 30-40. Still low yield but I am trying to pump more frequently and lower her supplement.

If u can, call up lactation consultant, or go see one. Your issue might be different from mine.

I share my experience with you. Don't be disheartened. Must really be persistent and determined.

1. On Day 3 - no milk. Desperate and used highest intensity mode on breast pump. Ended up with breast milk with blood! Decided to rest for the night.

2. Day 4 - Only 1ml colostrum each time using hand expression. But I kept massaging myself whenever I have free time. I also latch my baby throughout the day. By night, 30ml breast milk by hand (drip form). Massaged myself every now and then to clear ducts. Again, latch baby throughout the day

4. Day 5 - Saw 1 duct spraying milk. Felt encouraged. ML came to clear duct too. So combination of spray and drip. Woke up once in wee hours to express 40ml of breast milk.

5. Day 6 - Continued with the routine to do direct latching from 7am-11pm (7-11). Today my bm kicked in already!

So in my case, I insisted on direct latching from 7am-11pm, hand massage throughout the day and finishing whatever CL gave me (huge volume). Tiring but I think it is all worth it.

Results :

- slimmed down very fast (-7kg). Getting toned arms from carrying baby
- My lochia has turned slightly brownish instead of bright red.
- I even made fruit juice for family members and fried eggs for husband this evening. I am very happy with myself and bought nice clothes to reward myself.
- I can feel baby weight gain already

I didn't know we need to test the level after labour. Perhaps I'll know when I see my gynae on 2Aug.

Yes I think persistent pumping n regular pumping is very important. I'm super lazy for this third one so end up having blocked duct causing mastitis. I decided to pump every 3 hrs now even at night. Hopefully I can make it. Really tiring.. Feel like sleeping the whole day!

Good morning! I just slept from 1230-630am... Need to lament that this is the last long sleep I will have in the next few months.
Envy! My sleep has been very disrupted ! 11pm to 1am, up pumping back to sleep 2am plus to 4am plus up pumping, back to sleep again 5am plus to 7am coz heard baby cry

Looking forward to 1239. - 630am sleep soon.........

Envy! My sleep has been very disrupted ! 11pm to 1am, up pumping back to sleep 2am plus to 4am plus up pumping, back to sleep again 5am plus to 7am coz heard baby cry

Looking forward to 1239. - 630am sleep soon.........

Wah, u r pumping 3hrly! Siong TTM. Shld be better once supply regulates and dun have to wake up for MOTN pump..

Hmmmm, based on my experience, when supply is established, I pump 6hrly. My daily output is the same as pumping 3hrly... Or 4hrly...

But when I drop beyond that, 8hrly (3 pumps per day) it drops, and 12hrly (2 pumps per day) it drops more Haha...

If you really cannot wake up, also bopian... Ur boobs will store 4hr and pump out...

I feel happier pumping 4-5hrly than 3hrly. The latter gives me 60ml. But 5hrly gives me 100ml. Visually also more shiok haha. Now i stretch... Instead of 5-6x daily pump, I do 4-5. Frequency also depends how much I latch thru the day.

MOTN i will still auto wake up once to pump as my hardening boobs are calling for it. I no longer set alarm like before to pump. I read that it's better we let our body make the call. So for those who can sleep thru the night without night pump, you're very blessed!

Last edited:
Over the weekend, is super tiring for me. I brought my #1 (2+ yo) back from his grandparents place. But my #1 is super jealous, he refused to let me carry or go near his baby sister and will stick to me like super glue. He will cry when i'm out of his sight. I wonder how im going to make him like his baby sister. Don't know how long he will take to adjust to his new baby sister :(

I feel happier pumping 4-5hrly than 3hrly. The latter gives me 60ml. But 5hrly gives me 100ml. Visually also more shiok haha. Now i stretch... Instead of 5-6x daily pump, I do 4-5. Frequency also depends how much I latch thru the day.

MOTN i will still auto wake up once to pump as my hardening boobs are calling for it. I no longer set alarm like before to pump. I read that it's better we let our body make the call. So for those who can sleep thru the night without night pump, you're very blessed!

I agree with the shiok-ness of seeing more ebm after a longer interval. As long as the output is same (60ml/3hr = 100ml/5hr) I am ok haha!

The problem with longer intervals is the boobs will be stretched and I heard it will result in saggy breasts after breastfeeding. I am used to 6hrly w my no1 so I sometimes cannot tahan doing more frequently. If need to do more frequently I might not b able to sustain for 14mo Liao...

Over the weekend, is super tiring for me. I brought my #1 (2+ yo) back from his grandparents place. But my #1 is super jealous, he refused to let me carry or go near his baby sister and will stick to me like super glue. He will cry when i'm out of his sight. I wonder how im going to make him like his baby sister. Don't know how long he will take to adjust to his new baby sister :(

My no1 was introduced to bb at the hospital and he looked at bb fondly. But when we returned home, he cries whenever we carry the bb. Very pitiful kind of cries.

This is 1 month after delivery, I think he is getting used to it. In the morn n night we give him attention when we prepare him for school n prepare him for bedtime. Weekend at in laws place thankfully also 3 adults give him attention.

Last night there is one minor episode of him crying when I carry the crying bb. When I pass to my HB, so that I can put him to bed, he also cry. But once give him milk n put to bed he is back to normal.

Give the no1 some time to get used to bb and also give him attention that he used to have ba... Jiayou!! :)

My number one has been super sticky...n I must say with the baby, I do pay less attention to number one n sometimes lost my patience as number one tends to be much naughtier to get our attention

But she is ok I carry the baby provided she gets to stick next to me.....

Back