2017/03 March Mummies

I read this before but couldn't manage to find a comprehensive "safe" list because I use many different Korean cosmetic and skincare products which doesn't have English content on the bottle.

My facial salon says I can continue with my facial but they will take note when they massage my shoulder and neck because some ppl are quite pandang on the massage? My colleague says cannot anyhow touch preggy's shoulder. How true?

Probably OTC products are generally quite 'safe', but I suggest you may wish to consult your gynae for now?

Facial should be fine so long as they don't use any harmful chemicals on your face? I was told to stop all massages during pregnancy.

During the initial 3 months check up, does all mummies to be here apply for leave or MC? I am going for the 1st scan next week but thinking to take leave as I do not want people in the office to know. My boss cannot keep secret too..

But I feel its a waste of my leave..

I took leave for my first visit, but found out they could actually issue me mc. U might want to call up the clinic to check if they can issue mc for the day, that day you will not have to take leave for your appt.

I took leave for my first visit, but found out they could actually issue me mc. U might want to call up the clinic to check if they can issue mc for the day, that day you will not have to take leave for your appt.

Why don't visit gynae during Sat appt? Save some MC just in case

Why don't visit gynae during Sat appt? Save some MC just in case

Oh for now i am seein doctor after office hours, coz the clinic open late for certain days of the week. that way i dont have to touch my leave or mc unless necessary.

Hi
Wokays! Looking forward to your sharing. :)

hi there~
The late anetenatal package for Dr Tan Toh Lick after 20 weeks is $880 for 9 consultations. Was unable to find out the delivery fees as the recept told me that its too early for me to even look at that, and that i should wait for my baby to stabalise first.

Anyway, i will not be continuin with Dr Tan for the late anetenatal, as my second appointment was rush rush, scannin was rushed, consultation i felt being rushed as well. Not sure if it was because its after office hour and the appontments were back to back, but the experience wasnt as good though.

Hope the sharing helps :)

Wow seems like quite a no of westerners here! I also stay in Jurong!
Yes I went to dr tho for my first check up but unlikely to follow with him. Will be going back to my previous Gynae at tmc..
Why unlikely to follow him? Any feedback?

Hi all, my confinement lady is leaving on Monday and I would really like to recommend her...

This is my 2nd pregnancy. My HB was not satisfied with the previous CL so I got this one after recommendations from friends.

1) She cooks really well, my HB loves her homecooked food. My MIL came over to 偷师 (steal some tips) from her. She even made herbal soup for my MIL and 梅菜扣肉 becos my MIL asked her for help to pack herbs for herbal soup, and commented she likes 梅菜。

2) She is very thrifty. When herbs shopping she didn't buy everything for 28days and only bought enough supplies. She want to know what I drink and dun drink b4 she buys some more herbs.

3) She buys good quality ingredients from the market. Initially my MIL does the marketing, but after she learns how to go to the market she will get fresher foods. She really knows how to choose the ingredients too. She doesn't over spends and keeps accounts on what she buys given the budget.

4) she is super duper hardworking. When I first spoke to her on the phone, she said she will only take care of mummy and baby which is common practice and will help out in chores if there is enough time. But she ended up doing up all the chores, esp laundry which I procrastinate. She mops the floor at least once in 2 days or right after cooking depending if she has time. She takes a short nap in the day time but other than that she works non stop. She even keeps track of my elder son's school uniform supply and my HB work attire, so as to plan the laundry schedule accordingly.

5) she is neat and organized. She packed my kitchen (which is open concept and relatively small storage limits), store all the ingredients, herbs, my detergents, pots and pans even more neatly then before.

6) She is very ethical and reliable (imo). I booked her in late dec early Jan, and wanted to give her a deposit. She doesn't need a deposit, says in her line must 讲信用, confirm means confirm. So I confirmed her and did not contact her until late June, she contacted me to check if I have delivered and if I have found someone else cos I told her I will most likely deliver early (EDDJul) and yet I did not contact her in Jun. I confirmed with her that I did not find anyone else and will let her know when I deliver.

I found out that someone else was trying to get her to help babysit her 2mo and begged her to help despite her turning down. Eventually she went to help for a few days while waiting for me to deliver. Employer told her to find a replacement for me and to stay and help her, which she rejected again.

She also took on an assignment in December. After which a close relative called her to engage her also in December. She has to turn down her relative bcos she has alr promised others first.

She is available in March/April... PM me if you want her contact.

During the initial 3 months check up, does all mummies to be here apply for leave or MC? I am going for the 1st scan next week but thinking to take leave as I do not want people in the office to know. My boss cannot keep secret too..

But I feel its a waste of my leave..

I will get MC cos AL will be important for future uses!

You can try Dr Woo Bit Wah from Thomson women clinic at jalan membina.
Thanks for the recommendation! How was your experience with him? Because this is my first kid and we dunno what to expect. So thought might want to look for a gynae that is more patient and willing to answer our questions.

Thanks for the recommendation! How was your experience with him? Because this is my first kid and we dunno what to expect. So thought might want to look for a gynae that is more patient and willing to answer our questions.

Same area! Apart from Dr Woo, i'm still searching for gynae not too far from this area and delivers at Mt A.
Anyone has any recommendation?
Was doing some reading online and realized that antenatal packages can differ quite a bit for doctors in the private sector.

My gf sees him for her 1st kid but I didn't. She recommended him. However, you have to note that his scan machine is not very high tech. Overall he is quite gentle and very patient too.

Alternatively, you may want to consider a clinic in Gleneagles where the gynae delivers in mt a. However, you have to note that if in the event your gynae cannot reach mt a on time, he may get a replacement gynae instead for you.

Hi, excited to join this grp! Just found out abt my preg recently. 1st time mum.

CTTC: can add me to the grp? My fb email is [email protected]. LMP 15 Jun. EDD according to app is 22 Mar.

Thanks!

Also, anyone can share what to do after they tested positive? I still have yet to call any clinics and don't really know how to go about choose a gynae. Any help would be appreciated! :)

Hi Mummies! Just tested positive a week ago, searching around for recommended gynae as i don't wish to go back to my first gynae as he is those chop chop kind.
Saw many good reviews on Dr Benjamin Tham, anyone with him now? What is his package cost?

Hi, excited to join this grp! Just found out abt my preg recently. 1st time mum.

CTTC: can add me to the grp? My fb email is [email protected]. LMP 15 Jun. EDD according to app is 22 Mar.

Thanks!

Also, anyone can share what to do after they tested positive? I still have yet to call any clinics and don't really know how to go about choose a gynae. Any help would be appreciated! :)
Hi gal, pls pm me so I will can search through my pm tonight to add. You can first think about which hosp you wanna give birth in? Then from there narrow down to see doc if you prefer male or female. You can make an appt at around 6 weeks!

Hi Mummies! Just tested positive a week ago, searching around for recommended gynae as i don't wish to go back to my first gynae as he is those chop chop kind.
Saw many good reviews on Dr Benjamin Tham, anyone with him now? What is his package cost?
No idea on his package cost but he seems to be a bit cheaper according to my girlfriends. But also he is very chop chop kind as he is really busy.

hi all
First pregnancy here, tested positive at week 5 & went to see a gynae at week 6 coz was very worried of the spotting and abdominal cramp. Did an internal scan and saw the yolk sac and baby's heart beat (blinking on the screen), was indeed a very emotional moment. But the scan also found two fibroid, 1 was quite big (4cm), doctor advise to consider getting it remove next time, but it should not affect the baby as for now, hope it will stay that way.

Was initially keen to see Dr Goh SL at Mount Alvernia due to the good reviews i have found, but her appointment were fully booked and have to wait for 2 weeks for an appointment. So i went for one nearby and is available to make an appointment asap. I went to see Dr Tan Toh Lick from TMC, he has a clinic at jurong. He has an early antenatal package before 20 week and it cost $320 for 4 consultations & scans (including my first one). Since the first consultation would already cost $200++, the package seems reasonable to take for another 3 consults and scans to monitor my progress, while i decide on the actual gynae(am also trying to look for Dr Tan review on his delivery skills, but couldn't really find any, if anyone here has seen him before, do share with me your experience.)
Also keen to see this doctor as i stay in Jurong. Kindly share your views :)

I'm considering NUH. Suppose not as popular choice as compared to private hospital like TMC or Mount A. But I read up online and its seem that NUH is getting better nowadays..

Furthermore, there's clinic at Jurong east.. Same area where Dr Tan's clinic is.

Btw, there's another popular doc around Jurong area- Dr Tho. He delivers in TMC and Mount A too.. So you can check it out!
Can i have Dr Tho's full name and the exact location of his clinic?

Hello everyone!

Preg with my #2 and edd 23Mar.
5wk+4. saw just the sac today, Gynae say need at least 6 weeks to see the bb heartbeat :)

Stomach aches a lot, hormonal changes cause pimples to pop out too. Wish everyone smooth & happy pregnancy! :)

Morning all mummies to be!

I'm new to the forum :) preggy with #2 :)
Tested positive at 5wks (only to find out it was expired lol), but only seeing my gynae nxt wk! Haha. Can't wait to see heartbeat of the little bean :)

#1 came out via e-csect. Hoping this one wun have to cut again!

Smooth pregnancy to all! :) :)

No idea on his package cost but he seems to be a bit cheaper according to my girlfriends. But also he is very chop chop kind as he is really busy.

Waaa just called up Dr Benjamin Tham clinic to book appt but they say have to wait until after National Day then have slot and the waiting time is at least 2 hrs.. Any gynae with package to recommend? Delivery either at Mt Alvernia or Tmc.

Waaa just called up Dr Benjamin Tham clinic to book appt but they say have to wait until after National Day then have slot and the waiting time is at least 2 hrs.. Any gynae with package to recommend? Delivery either at Mt Alvernia or Tmc.

You can try Dr Phua if you live Ard Kovan / HG area.. I delivered 2 kids under him... B4 16w I was with KKH subsidized. Package starts 16w at $695. There is a thread Abt Dr Phua Soo Maer...

Morning all.. Have not login for few days as I'm so busy with my work and handle my #1.. How is everyone doing? Just went for check out yesterday, saw my baby and hear the heartbeat. So excited even though it is the second baby for me..next check out is in 3 weeks time, so far away..
MS seem to slowly kick in.. I have the vomit feel .. A lot of gas inside, feel tired the whole day.. Also need to wake up to pee in the middle of nite :(

What other symptoms you all have ?

Good afternoon, mummies :) First time mummy here and I'm glad to find this thread and read many similar experiences! Tested positive on Hari Raya, now at 6 weeks, EDD 13th March 2017. Got no morning sickness yet, crossing my fingers that I won't have it :X

Cttc, pm you! Hope to be added into the group!

Hello everyone!

Preg with my #2 and edd 23Mar.
5wk+4. saw just the sac today, Gynae say need at least 6 weeks to see the bb heartbeat :)

Stomach aches a lot, hormonal changes cause pimples to pop out too. Wish everyone smooth & happy pregnancy! :)
Congrats babe!!! :)

Morning all mummies to be!

I'm new to the forum :) preggy with #2 :)
Tested positive at 5wks (only to find out it was expired lol), but only seeing my gynae nxt wk! Haha. Can't wait to see heartbeat of the little bean :)

#1 came out via e-csect. Hoping this one wun have to cut again!

Smooth pregnancy to all! :) :)
Congrats babe!! :)

Dr Jonathan Wee at mount e novena can deliver at mount alvernia.

You can try Dr Phua if you live Ard Kovan / HG area.. I delivered 2 kids under him... B4 16w I was with KKH subsidized. Package starts 16w at $695. There is a thread Abt Dr Phua Soo Maer...

His package increase to $750 this year. I am going back to him as he delivered my #1 back in 2013 and i remembered the package was like $500 haha

His package increase to $750 this year. I am going back to him as he delivered my #1 back in 2013 and i remembered the package was like $500 haha
I also got him to delivered my #1 in year 2013, that time the package was $550. Anyway i found him very good and now also go back to him for my #2...hope everything is smooth:)

Good afternoon, mummies :) First time mummy here and I'm glad to find this thread and read many similar experiences! Tested positive on Hari Raya, now at 6 weeks, EDD 13th March 2017. Got no morning sickness yet, crossing my fingers that I won't have it :X

Cttc, pm you! Hope to be added into the group!

Hey, your EDD almost same as mine, mine is EDD 14 Marrch 2017. My morning sickness started in wk 5, now at wk 7, easing off. Heard the baby's heartbeat just 2 days ago, really awesome feeling. Have you done your scan yet?

Hi
I'm with Dr Tham. Went for my first visit already. he's not that chop chop. His package cost is now $900.
Who's ur first Gynae? Is it AW?

Hey, your EDD almost same as mine, mine is EDD 14 Marrch 2017. My morning sickness started in wk 5, now at wk 7, easing off. Heard the baby's heartbeat just 2 days ago, really awesome feeling. Have you done your scan yet?

Hi~ Yes, I did my scan at KK with Dr John Tee but we couldn't see anything yet. The doctor said the baby was tucked behind my uterus. My next appt is next week, hopefully I can finally hear my baby's heartbeat. Really looking forward~! Congratulations, btw!

Hi Ladies, Tested Positive today and congrats to all. EDD should be somewhere 24 March as I cant remember my last day of menses.

Hi~ Yes, I did my scan at KK with Dr John Tee but we couldn't see anything yet. The doctor said the baby was tucked behind my uterus. My next appt is next week, hopefully I can finally hear my baby's heartbeat. Really looking forward~! Congratulations, btw!
Hi Bubblesdiary, how many weeks are you now? I am going to see Dr John Tee as well

I wouldnt recommend Dr Phua if your pregnancy has complications or have pre-existing condition prior to pregnancy. Dr Phua is just a very normal gynae who cannot go beyond the beyonds. I have 3 friends with pre-existing condition went to him before and he knows nothing about it. He is quite a backdated Gynae. I ever asked him how he does cyst surgery. He told me cut open instead of doing key hole surgery. - Back in 2013. Now I am not sure if he did upgrade his skills and yes, he is cheap for sure.

Last edited:
Working ladies... how do you all manage to cope at work? First time mum here and I always thought I am fit because I exercise 2-3times a week before I get pregnant. But now, I think I got the weakest body ever since Im pregnant. Im having cramps every single day and I feel nausea almost every single hour that I have to keep eating sour plums. My job requires me to go site and I always end up bleeding/spotting when I travel around. I had to have injection and tons of medications to stabilize and Im running out of MCs soon. I also think my whole office know Im preggy even though im only 7w6d. My boss told me its going to affect my performance appraisal so Im quite upset now. People kept saying mums are very wei da. I dint really appreciate the meaning until experiencing it myself.
Understand how you feel, as your boss is not understanding. Just to let you know that once baby is out, you will/may have another set of problems if you do not have help from your family. If this job is not going to bring you anywhere, quit after your ML and look for a job else where. Sometimes it is not worth working so hard for a boss that dont appreciate you. Get HL from your doc and rest at home. Your boss will not sympathized you if you lose your baby. Take care and more bed rest.

Hi Bubblesdiary, how many weeks are you now? I am going to see Dr John Tee as well

Hello! I'm at 7 weeks now. Dr John Tee is very experienced, although like what the internet said, he's a man of a few words... :) My 1st check up with him was informative. Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Back