Tryng anotha 1 but fully bf...

Relaxurmind

I gave birth on oct/15.. im fully bf, bt trying for anotha 1. Issit possible to get preggy while fully bf? Any advice?

is your menstruation back yet? if your menstruation is not back yet, it will be difficult to get pregnant as you are not ovulating. if your menstruation is back and regular, your chances of getting pregnant is the same as any other women. do note that during pregnancy, milk production will drop and then turn to colostrum. your baby is less than 1 year old and milk is the still the main food, hence be prepared to introduce formula milk when you get pregnant.

my first is October '14 baby and expecting a October '16 baby. I was fully breastfeeding him until I was 7 weeks pregnant. supply dipped like crazy and I was experiencing frequent spotting and very sore nipples during nursing. so I decided to wean. by 11 weeks, my milk turned to colostrum. my #1 is on a mix of formula milk and fresh milk now.

Firstly, congrats for ur 2nd bby...
Secondly, thanks for e advice**thumbs up**
Till now still no menses.. nvm jus wait till my menses is bck again, den will start planning..:)

Btw hv u got urself a massage lady?

yes I do have a massage lady from #1's time. you have to discuss with your Husband and make a decision that you are comfortable with.

my Friend's menses did not return after 14 months of breastfeeding, so she intentionally introduce fresh milk (only suitable after 1 year old) and reduce nursing. she got pregnant after that without her menses ever returning. you will ovulate two weeks before your menses.

now that I have weaned I do feel guilty towards #1 though. and hopefully I get to breastfeed both of them together when #2 arrives.

Ya i shud discuss dis wit my hub. I shud nt stress up myself. Now my LO is only 6mos, shud plan afta he turns 1...hehehehh..

Ur frend is lucky ya...:) btw why fresh milk n nt formula?

SUPERMOM.. gonna bf both...great.. all e best to u mummy..**thumbs up**

formula milk is a marketing ploy by formula milk companies. it is essentially still a processed food. kids above 1 should have most of their nutrition from a well-balanced diet supplemented with milk. fresh milk is good enough. it's a personal parenting choice.

Ohhh really.. im unaware abt it.. thanks for sharing.. n btw afta 12mos.. hw mny x/day they need to drink, if its fresh milk.???

it really depends on your child. some babies take solids well and their milk intake reduces a lot. some babies still prefer their milk to solids. my Son is take 3 solid meals and 3-4 milk feeds (120-150ml each) a day.

Thanks alot babe..:) afta my LO turns 1, mayb cn try introducing him to e fresh milk..hehehe... for now hes hvng 2 meals per day.. lunchtime will jus bf him.. most likely will start 3 meals mayb wen he turns 7mos..

Hi
it really depends on your child. some babies take solids well and their milk intake reduces a lot. some babies still prefer their milk to solids. my Son is take 3 solid meals and 3-4 milk feeds (120-150ml each) a day.
hi..
My baby will turn 1 in a few days.. He is on formula milk right now.. May I ask which milk are you giving to your lo.. Coz I m also planning to introduce fresh milk to my Son..

Hi

hi..
My baby will turn 1 in a few days.. He is on formula milk right now.. May I ask which milk are you giving to your lo.. Coz I m also planning to introduce fresh milk to my Son..
Most of my friends gave meiji full cream milk to their LO... :D

Back