What's PREGNYL and Who has used it before during 1st trimester???

I visited my private gynae for the 1st time and after the 1st ultrasound scan has completed, gynae prescribed only Iron pills, Folic Acid pills, Duphaston pills and 1 injection of Pregnyl into my arm. This is my 1st time pregnancy and embryo is only about 6+ weeks now. Doc advised me to visit him next week for another update or check-up.

From my understanding which I have gathered online, Duphaston is for 安胎 & Pregnyl is a HCG for stimulating other hormones like Progesterone in women. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

In fact what are DUPHASTON & PREGNYL ??? And what are they typically prescribed or used for ???

Can anyone or kind mummies pls advise if Duphaston and Pregnyl is common for consumption during 1st trimester?? Or is there anything wrong with my pregnancy?? I am extremely worried mummies!

Thank you & hope to hear from good replies!!

I visited my private gynae for the 1st time and after the 1st ultrasound scan has completed, gynae prescribed only Iron pills, Folic Acid pills, Duphaston pills and 1 injection of Pregnyl into my arm. This is my 1st time pregnancy and embryo is only about 6+ weeks now. Doc advised me to visit him next week for another update or check-up.

From my understanding which I have gathered online, Duphaston is for 安胎 & Pregnyl is a HCG for stimulating other hormones like Progesterone in women. Pls correct me if I am wrong.

In fact what are DUPHASTON & PREGNYL ??? And what are they typically prescribed or used for ???

Can anyone or kind mummies pls advise if Duphaston and Pregnyl is common for consumption during 1st trimester?? Or is there anything wrong with my pregnancy?? I am extremely worried mummies!

Thank you & hope to hear from good replies!!

Hi, yes i have friends who had these during their first trimester. I think you do not need to worry too much, just follow the doc's instruction! dont scare yourself first :) Rest well ! By the way, do you have bleeding or bad cramps? Or is your menstrual cycle irregular? Or you are of higher age group? Just asking ... Because my friends had either that, and that is why doc prescribe it for them. And, different doc works differently, you may want to check with him/her for a peace of mind. take care!!! ^^

Hi poshberries, duphaston is progesterone, which is good for supporting pregnancy. It's very common to be prescribed during the first trimester. I take it too! I'm not familiar with pregnyl, but if it stimulates progesterone, it is probably also to 安胎. It is probably nothing to worry about, but to put your mind at ease, why don't you ask your gynae when you see him next week?

@Poshberries when I had bleeding during my 2ww, I was also given some pregynl. I was told it mimicks hcg and will give your body the impression that you have increasing hcg. This probably means that by using pregnyl will probably help to increase your hcg levels.

I am taking duphaston too. Doc say it's to protect the baby, stable the pregnancy. I was advised to take for the first trimester.

Back