2017/02 Feb Mummies!

Mommies, do you think it is OK to attend those normal yoga classes (basic yoga, hot yoga etc) instead of pre-natal yoga classes? I plan to go back doing yoga during my 2nd trimester and to also go for slow walk at night around the estate.

Right now I just feel very lethargic most of the time. The moment I reach home, I just want to lie down and do nothing. Super nua :D

Hi Mingyu ,I had been attending Hatha yoga for a period of time .I called up my centre recently and the admin strongly discourage me going for the class in my first tri .It requires lots of stretching and it's not advise during first tri .Unless gynae give the green flag I can continue in 2nd tri but note that some of the stretching is still not advise to do .Hot yoga I don't think it's advise .you can consider swimming and ya a slow walk is good .

Hi! Pls add me to the Fb grp too! [email protected]

Anyone seeing dr Benjamin tham as their gynae?

Mrs Chong - didn't know stretching n yoga is not recommended in 1st trimester ! I better stop my yoga now

Can we go for massage in our first trimester? Like the simple back ones where you sit on the chair or those leg massage. Not those prenatal ones...I feel tired all the time

Hi
congrats aileennrg, just relax and take folic acid daily ;):):p

Same here! I just tested positive yesterday so only ard 4 weeks.. Gynae only see patient for 7 weeks so I ve 2-3 weeks waiting from now.. Dunno what to do or eat now! Besides folic acid , any other things we can buy to 进补?can we take folic acid and take 中药at the same time? Super clueless now :p

If you tell the masseur I doubt they will do the massage for you when you are in your first tri .I couldn't find anyone to do for me in msia and Thailand when they know I'm pregnant though .

Hi Mingyu ,I had been attending Hatha yoga for a period of time .I called up my centre recently and the admin strongly discourage me going for the class in my first tri .It requires lots of stretching and it's not advise during first tri .Unless gynae give the green flag I can continue in 2nd tri but note that some of the stretching is still not advise to do .Hot yoga I don't think it's advise .you can consider swimming and ya a slow walk is good .
Thanks Mrs. Chong! I better call up the yoga centre and ask for an extension for my membership.

Mommies, do you think it is OK to attend those normal yoga classes (basic yoga, hot yoga etc) instead of pre-natal yoga classes? I plan to go back doing yoga during my 2nd trimester and to also go for slow walk at night around the estate.

Right now I just feel very lethargic most of the time. The moment I reach home, I just want to lie down and do nothing. Super nua :D
Doctor told me normal yoga exercise is ok but poses lying on the tummy don't do.
Hot yoga also cannot.

If you tell the masseur I doubt they will do the massage for you when you are in your first tri .I couldn't find anyone to do for me in msia and Thailand when they know I'm pregnant though .
Thanks Mrs Chong! Hehe does anyone still continue doing gel manicures/normal mani pedi? I ask my nail salon she say it's ok and many still do....

Sweet! Is your due date also Feb 24, 2017? My ob/gyn won't see me until I'm over 7 weeks along. Anxious!
Yes 24 feb too according to lmp. Just went for my 1st gynae appt ytd but was too early to see. Im super anxious too coz i had ectopic pregnancy before. Good luck for ur appt! 7 wks should be able to see heartbeat by then! When's ur appt?

any mummies wana be in a group chat where we can share tips, talk about anything regarding pregnancy and etc ? PM me =)
Me! Can add me too? 91799555.. i intend to join the fb grp after my 1st trimester. As the fb group, public can see who is in the grp and i dun want my friends and relatives to know yet..

Me! Can add me too? 91799555.. i intend to join the fb grp after my 1st trimester. As the fb group, public can see who is in the grp and i dun want my friends and relatives to know yet..
Dont worry. Its a secret fb group. Nobody can search for it or see. Unless ur added to the group by someone.

Yes 24 feb too according to lmp. Just went for my 1st gynae appt ytd but was too early to see. Im super anxious too coz i had ectopic pregnancy before. Good luck for ur appt! 7 wks should be able to see heartbeat by then! When's ur appt?

It will be the week of July 11. Still waiting for confirmation of date since it's quite a bit out. When is your next appt?

It will be the week of July 11. Still waiting for confirmation of date since it's quite a bit out. When is your next appt?
Ya my gynae couldnt confirm the date too from the scan. My next appt is 2 july. Hope can see the sac at least and stop worrying.

Last edited:
Ya my gynae couldnt confirm the date too from the scan. My next appt is 2 july. Hope can see the sac at least and stop worrying.

Don't worry too much, my first visit cannot see sac via scan too, got to use internal scan then can see. After 3 weeks I went to scan again then can see baby heartbeat.

I just went to my first checkup today .I tot suppose to be 6 weeks but gynae only said is 5 weeks so couldn't hear any heartbeat .Disappointed ! But gynae mentioned the sac is nice and round and in a good spot .Next app 2 weeks later .I did only tummy scan .

Don't worry too much, my first visit cannot see sac via scan too, got to use internal scan then can see. After 3 weeks I went to scan again then can see baby heartbeat.
Thanks @Wennyy :) Cant help feeling paranoid coz some early pregnancy symptoms im feeling now are similar to what i felt for my previous ectopic. Guess nothing i can do anyway but wait.

Hello! Sorry for the delay! To those that pm me their email address as well as those that replied with their email address in this thread, i will add you in the group later today. Have not been feeling well so quite inactive :/

Hello I'm new here! Just tested positive after being 5 days late. First time for me. Excited yet scared. Looking for good gynae now preferably one with good stitching skills because I'm more for C sec :)

Hello, does anybody know if there's anything we need to eat more of or any tonics we can take? It's my first pregnancy, hoping the more experienced mummies can give some advice!

You should definitely be able to see the sac by then! I just had my blood test again this morning (IVF patient) and my hcg was 2,790, so even now, technically they should be able to find the sac. Good luck to all of us!

Hello! Sorry for the delay! To those that pm me their email address as well as those that replied with their email address in this thread, i will add you in the group later today. Have not been feeling well so quite inactive :/
Thanks for organizing, and hope you feel better soon! Is it morning sickness or something else? Take care!

You should definitely be able to see the sac by then! I just had my blood test again this morning (IVF patient) and my hcg was 2,790, so even now, technically they should be able to find the sac. Good luck to all of us!
Thats good news! Looks like a good number. I was actually scheduled to start my 2nd ivf cycle this week, and got a bfp late last week which was a complete surprise.

Oh to all those that left their email address, ive added you in the secret fb group! Do check your email for the invite as it DOES NOT notify you via fb request notification.

Do let me know if you didnt receive anything! :)

Had ectopic pregnancy in March and was TTC since May. It was an emotionally painful episode..
Have been feeling really bloated and nauseous last 2 weeks. thought it was stomach flu and went to see doc this morning and doc confirmed it was stomach flu. I was half suspecting that i might be preggy becoz of my late menses and hubby also felt that way too. so he asked me to do a pregnancy home test before i take any med. AND... test is positive. my LMP is 26 May. If all's well (god's will), EDD should be end Feb.

first time mummy so I am looking for recommendations for a good gynae because of my previous episode of ectopic. Worried that there might be complications. I am open to opinion and would like to hear if male docs are better than females or vice versa?

Oh to all those that left their email address, ive added you in the secret fb group! Do check your email for the invite as it DOES NOT notify you via fb request notification.

Hi, loveholic

Can add me to the fb secret group too?
[email protected]

I haven't test yet but menses late for 1 week already.. hopefully it is a good news. :)

Had ectopic pregnancy in March and was TTC since May. It was an emotionally painful episode..
Have been feeling really bloated and nauseous last 2 weeks. thought it was stomach flu and went to see doc this morning and doc confirmed it was stomach flu. I was half suspecting that i might be preggy becoz of my late menses and hubby also felt that way too. so he asked me to do a pregnancy home test before i take any med. AND... test is positive. my LMP is 26 May. If all's well (god's will), EDD should be end Feb.
first time mummy so I am looking for recommendations for a good gynae because of my previous episode of ectopic. Worried that there might be complications. I am open to opinion and would like to hear if male docs are better than females or vice versa?

Congrats ! I'm seeing dr loke Kah Leong at tampines women clinic .He is my gynae for my #1 .He is also gynae of all my sisters,my neices and nephew are in the 20s..he doesn't talk much so for first time mummies may not be so comfortable but he is a experience and he is well known for stitching .

Hi, loveholic

[email protected]

I haven't test yet but menses late for 1 week already.. hopefully it is a good news. :)
Hi, loveholic

[email protected]

Hope to hear your good news soon and baby dust to you .You can actually test now using home pregnancy kit ,I tested positive 3 days before my Mense date .

Congrats ! I'm seeing dr loke Kah Leong at tampines women clinic .He is my gynae for my #1 .He is also gynae of all my sisters,my neices and nephew are in the 20s..he doesn't talk much so for first time mummies may not be so comfortable but he is a experience and he is well known for stitching .
thanks :) that was helpful. i had the same experience earlier during my ectopic pregnancy where my gynae did not explain much to me. i research alot online myself.. was hard..

Congrats! This was ur first month ttc after ur ectopic? I had an ectopic before too and took me almost 2 yrs to conceive my rainbow. The emotional part is really hard.

I was seeing dr caroline khi at tmc who did my surgery. She is very reassuring and patient even if u have many queries. I will probably not be seeing her for this pregnancy though.

Congrats! This was ur first month ttc after ur ectopic? I had an ectopic before too and took me almost 2 yrs to conceive my rainbow. The emotional part is really hard.

I was seeing dr caroline khi at tmc who did my surgery. She is very reassuring and patient even if u have many queries. I will probably not be seeing her for this pregnancy though.

yes.. emotional part was really hard.. whirlwind situation and we eventually got past that and are both determined to try again after we are absolutely sure that i've cleared the ectopic. May was first mth after i cleared ectopic and June is the second month and i did alot to keep track of ovaluation window and best time to conceive.

Happy to hear that you have got past your ectopic episode and is now pregnant with rainbow! :) love your lil nick for your bb :)

And thanks for recommending Dr Caroline. Will go check out the reviews. btw, anyone knows where i can find latest reviews on Gynaes? having a hard time finding latest reviews.most forums have reviews that are dated 2012-13..

Congratz to you! I'm staying at Pasir Ris, neighbour! I am a first time mummy, not sure who I can recommend. Will be seeing Dr Benjamin Tham next Thu for my 1st visit. When was your LMP?
hihi! did u manage to see ben tham? i wanted to go to him but i heard he wasn't taking patients for those due in jan/feb 2017? thanks!

Received, thank you! :D

hihi! did u manage to see ben tham? i wanted to go to him but i heard he wasn't taking patients for those due in jan/feb 2017? thanks!

Hi, I am only seeing him on week of 11 jul and where did u heard that he is not taking in patient due in Jan/feb? :O

Hi, I am only seeing him on week of 11 jul and where did u heard that he is not taking in patient due in Jan/feb? :O
Hi thanks! I shall call and ask again! I've tried to make appointment previously and was informed he can't take me in though I'm an ex patient for my first baby :( cos he's going on course or something.. If that's not happening anymore then I would really want to go back to him! Will try again thanks! By the way u are due early or late Feb?

Back