IUI/SO-IUI: Anyone?

For my So-iui.Failed the procedure tho bck in February.Was super sudden and fast...Only 5 days of stim,check check 1 biggest egg measured at 19mm i think.So dr hury bury did the iui tho lining wasnt the max bcoz feared missed out the egg.Thus knowing that i knew it gona failed...
Sorry to hear that.

Which hospital are you with? How many eggs do you have at that time? I thought the doctor should be able to control the ovulation day?

Sorry to hear that.

Which hospital are you with? How many eggs do you have at that time? I thought the doctor should be able to control the ovulation day?
Im with kkh...tink total 5 eggs growing but 1 decides to bcome the biggest...when tested ovulation it is positif thus iui did immediately...

Im with kkh...tink total 5 eggs growing but 1 decides to bcome the biggest...when tested ovulation it is positif thus iui did immediately...
Wow that's good. I only have 3 and my husband sperm not good, I guess I have to prepare for the worse :(

Wow that's good. I only have 3 and my husband sperm not good, I guess I have to prepare for the worse :(
Worry not! Keep stayin positif...if u continue to read onto this forum some ladies undergo many cycles frm iui to ivf to finaly get Bfp.Lucky ones of coz strike lottery..But majority need multiple times.Its okay.A bit thankful theres such treatment for those in need extra help like us...Keep strieving for sure 1 day we gota hold our own lil juniors... :D

Last edited:
For reference only. I don't know wat number shown

Vol (ml): 4
Concentration: 47
Motility: 44%
Agglutination: Nil
Round cells: <1
Debris: +
Morphology: 1

Preparation Procedure: wash once + swim up

Final preparation
Concentration: 37
Motility (a+b): 89.5%
Morphology: 2%

Total no. of mobile sperm: 8.3×10 in 250

Dr said is normal

For reference only. I don't know wat number shown

Vol (ml): 4
Concentration: 47
Motility: 44%
Agglutination: Nil
Round cells: <1
Debris: +
Morphology: 1

Preparation Procedure: wash once + swim up

Final preparation
Concentration: 37
Motility (a+b): 89.5%
Morphology: 2%

Total no. of mobile sperm: 8.3×10 in 250

Dr said is normal
May I ask why did you try so-iui coz your report looks very normal? How long have you been ttc before you and your wife decide to seek treatment?

I only had 1 egg growing. And my husband sperm count low too. About 5million though...but I bfp on first IUI. I have PCO. Doctor say it's lucky. Usually 7-8 million higher chance for IUI.

My husband sperm drops to 1 million now and doc recommends IVF.

I only had 1 egg growing. And my husband sperm count low too. About 5million though...but I bfp on first IUI. I have PCO. Doctor say it's lucky. Usually 7-8 million higher chance for IUI.

My husband sperm drops to 1 million now and doc recommends IVF.
Wow you are so lucky Junie. My husband count only 1.2 million, motility and morphology not good at all, I guess my chance will be very low.

Any other sisters here have success stories to share with low sperm count?

Wow you are so lucky Junie. My husband count only 1.2 million, motility and morphology not good at all, I guess my chance will be very low.

Any other sisters here have success stories to share with low sperm count?

Besides sperm count, I think other factors also count..including the quality of eggs and thickness of the lining...And lastly luck...

Your doctor suggested IUI means worth to try it out? IVF is more complex but higher success rate.

Hi all, may I know anyone went to clinic for iui? have been taking serophene and some injection to boost my ovulation for the past 2 months but no luck. Hubby's sperm count is low and gynea recommended to proceed to iui but hubby is not comfortable with it and want it naturally :( Feeling so depress now. Intending to seek tcm for help since hubby is not willing to do iui.

Hi Neeliec,

I am doing my IUI with KKH, started 10 June - I am injecting myself everyday with Puregon and alternate scans at KKIVF to check progress. What do you need to know about the process?
Any reason why you're doing injections to boost ovulation? Have you both gone for a fertility check up? I understand that your hubby might be uncomfortable doing it but I would strongly advise for you both to check in order to find out what's wrong and what can be done.

Hi all, may I know anyone went to clinic for iui? have been taking serophene and some injection to boost my ovulation for the past 2 months but no luck. Hubby's sperm count is low and gynea recommended to proceed to iui but hubby is not comfortable with it and want it naturally :( Feeling so depress now. Intending to seek tcm for help since hubby is not willing to do iui.

Hi Missy Too

From my experience in KK :
  • you would need to go through the consultations with the Dr, go through tests and checks - if they find you a fit candidate for SO-IUI (they don't provide IUI) then you will be transferred to KKIVF Clinic.
  • Both husband and wife will have to go through an IUI briefing (will take just 5-10 mins but the queue might be longer if you went on Mondays or Fridays).
  • Before going into IUI briefing, both husband and wife need to take blood test to test for HIV/HepB/C etc - then they will call you for IUI briefing appointment date. I don't consider that a counselling session, so no counselling for IUI.
This process might differ for other hospitals offering IUI - apologies for not being able to provide their processes.

hello hello quick question... for IUI do we need to go through some sort of briefing or counseling?

It's my pleasure - I find that there's a lack of comprehensive information on this process, I learnt as I went along, should spread knowledge anyway I can! :)
And yes, I have been visiting KK once every month since July 2015 to go through the Clomid route first (take Clomid, try naturally) and it didn't work (as I've had a blocked fallopian tube but had eggs in the left side, so wanted to try), before going for a surgery in March 2016 to unblock before I could go ahead for IUI.
Bear in mind, the physical discomfort and pain will not be as bad as the emotional rollercoaster, it is important to please surround yourself with positive thoughts and energy, have a great support system to help you in this process!

thanks mrsbak ;)
sound like quite a few trips to hospital... but it's worth it for bb!

Which procedure? IUI? or the tests, checks?

For SO-IUI I only paid $121 cash for the registration fee, and everything else is covered by Medisave - up to $6000 for the first round (Singapore citizens for both husband and wife).
To date, I've taken 6 rounds of Puregon, started 200+ for each prescription, latest one was 400+ (all these will be covered in the Medisave portion).

How much is the procedure?

Hi Neeliec,

I am doing my IUI with KKH, started 10 June - I am injecting myself everyday with Puregon and alternate scans at KKIVF to check progress. What do you need to know about the process?
Any reason why you're doing injections to boost ovulation? Have you both gone for a fertility check up? I understand that your hubby might be uncomfortable doing it but I would strongly advise for you both to check in order to find out what's wrong and what can be done.

I think they did the tests that's why she know her husband has low sperm count.

Are you in your 2ww already? Or still simulating? Good luck!

Last edited:
Hi Missy Too

From my experience in KK :
  • you would need to go through the consultations with the Dr, go through tests and checks - if they find you a fit candidate for SO-IUI (they don't provide IUI) then you will be transferred to KKIVF Clinic.
  • Both husband and wife will have to go through an IUI briefing (will take just 5-10 mins but the queue might be longer if you went on Mondays or Fridays).
  • Before going into IUI briefing, both husband and wife need to take blood test to test for HIV/HepB/C etc - then they will call you for IUI briefing appointment date. I don't consider that a counselling session, so no counselling for IUI.
This process might differ for other hospitals offering IUI - apologies for not being able to provide their processes.

To add on, you need to visit the hospital very frequently during simulation stage to monitor growth of the follicles in your ovaries. Maybe 2-3 days once.

I just re-read - I missed that - sorry ladies (blaming my morning pre-coffee brain. o_O )
Still simulating, I have PCOS; so it's been quite resistant.

I think they did the tests that's why she know her husband has low sperm count.

Are you in your 2ww already? Or still simulating? Good luck!

Is doing iui at a pte clinic the same as kkh? My gynea quoted me $500 for the procedure but did not mention that I need to inject myself everyday. Dunno how to convince my hubby to do it also :(

I did iui in clinic, the charges is about 500+. it's subject to your number of visit/ scanning/ medicine that you have.
my husband also on low sperm count however family planning is both party responsibility, perhaps you may need to hear his concern.
my husband initially not favor to iui cos he claims he has no problem however sperm wash report shows he has low sperm count and iui would have better chances to conceive, thus he is now open to accept it.

I had 4x iui but failed, last cycle was on SO-iui however it ruin my days as i just have mensus. doc suggest go for IVF but we wanted to try 1more time SO-iui and hope it could conceive. adding on, we are now on tcm help to boost sperm count and keep my womb warm.

I just re-read - I missed that - sorry ladies (blaming my morning pre-coffee brain. o_O )
Still simulating, I have PCOS; so it's been quite resistant.

I also have PCO, but I have no other pcos symptoms so dunno what's wrong, just not ovulating. I also simulate for 2 weeks plus and only 1 egg of acceptable size.

It's my pleasure - I find that there's a lack of comprehensive information on this process, I learnt as I went along, should spread knowledge anyway I can! :)
And yes, I have been visiting KK once every month since July 2015 to go through the Clomid route first (take Clomid, try naturally) and it didn't work (as I've had a blocked fallopian tube but had eggs in the left side, so wanted to try), before going for a surgery in March 2016 to unblock before I could go ahead for IUI.
Bear in mind, the physical discomfort and pain will not be as bad as the emotional rollercoaster, it is important to please surround yourself with positive thoughts and energy, have a great support system to help you in this process!
Support system is indeed impt.or else thruout the journey u feel sian depress and keep having the blaming

May I ask how do we know if we ovulate or not? Is it only by charting our body temperature every morning?

Yes, for me I started measuring my basal body temp every morning after I failed to conceive 1 year after trying...after I realized that there is no increase at all, i found out that there might be something wrong with me, so I went to kkh. After they did a blood test, they confirmed that I did not ovulate... The blood test was performed about 14 days after onset of menses...around expected time of ovulation...

I was quite shocked as my period are regular, I have heard of pcos but I thought the symptoms are excessive body hair, irregular menses which I don't experience.

I also have PCO, but I have no other pcos symptoms so dunno what's wrong, just not ovulating. I also simulate for 2 weeks plus and only 1 egg of acceptable size.

me too!! :eek: I am not sure whats wrong or how I managed to get PCOS.
this morning was my day 19, and good news when I went for scan, my follicles have doubled up in size in the last 4 days. there's 2 with good size now.
I am cautiously hopeful and hope that everything will fall into place.
I did change my diet drastically during the last 4 days too after I was told I was showing signs of PCOS during my last appointment - I went vegan and didn't have any sugars, dairy (no soy). If you read up on PCOS friendly diets, that was basically what I did. Honestly I am not sure if it helped but no harm trying as well... (Also I'm quite heavy, 75kg at 1.6m - so maybe that's why I'm having PCOS...)

me too!! :eek: I am not sure whats wrong or how I managed to get PCOS.
this morning was my day 19, and good news when I went for scan, my follicles have doubled up in size in the last 4 days. there's 2 with good size now.
I am cautiously hopeful and hope that everything will fall into place.
I did change my diet drastically during the last 4 days too after I was told I was showing signs of PCOS during my last appointment - I went vegan and didn't have any sugars, dairy (no soy). If you read up on PCOS friendly diets, that was basically what I did. Honestly I am not sure if it helped but no harm trying as well... (Also I'm quite heavy, 75kg at 1.6m - so maybe that's why I'm having PCOS...)

My weight was around there too but was in the midst of dieting and losing weight. When I conceived my weight is around 67...so maybe losing weight and keeping fit helps. But I didn't really change my diet during IUI. I change my diet earlier (less process food, more home cook food, less carbo) but more for weight loss purposes. I wasn't really caution at all because I thought there is no hope... (Success rate is only 5% while IVF success rate is 50%)

Good luck to you and hope to hear good news from u soon!!!

Last edited:
My weight was around there too but was in the midst of dieting and losing weight. When I conceived my weight is around 67...so maybe losing weight and keeping fit helps. But I didn't really change my diet during IUI. I change my diet earlier (less process food, more home cook food, less carbo) but more for weight loss purposes. I wasn't really caution at all because I thought there is no hope... (Success rate is only 5% while IVF success rate is 50%)

Good luck to you and hope to hear good news from u soon!!!

Nice! I was a bit bigger but been losing it slowly. also my fault for not even doing a lot of research of foods or supplements to help aid IUI, but I guess better late than never (also good to lose a bit of weight). I have stopped eating processed foods for a while and I cook all the time, the sugar is what got to me :(
Initially wanted to do IVF straight but the doctor was saying I am not eligible for it yet, it was quite frustrating.
Thank you for your wishes!

Nice! I was a bit bigger but been losing it slowly. also my fault for not even doing a lot of research of foods or supplements to help aid IUI, but I guess better late than never (also good to lose a bit of weight). I have stopped eating processed foods for a while and I cook all the time, the sugar is what got to me :(
Initially wanted to do IVF straight but the doctor was saying I am not eligible for it yet, it was quite frustrating.
Thank you for your wishes!

Me too, doctor told us to try SOIUI first, I was like "orh, okie lor".

So just try... You will never know...so excited for you! Hope you can do insemination soon! Coincidentally my insemimation date falls on my wedding anniversary.

Me too, doctor told us to try SOIUI first, I was like "orh, okie lor".

So just try... You will never know...so excited for you! Hope you can do insemination soon! Coincidentally my insemimation date falls on my wedding anniversary.

Such a nice way to remember the date! I had my last Puregon today, tomorrow is the trigger shot. I am so excited, but need to bring it down a notch. Still feeling positive and hopeful!
:rolleyes:

Hi everyone, it's been about 1.5 years since we have been trying to ttc. Some days I feel like giving up, especially when I see that other people who got married later are all having their BFP, I wonder when will mine be.

Just this year, I began to see the gynae and am on serophene for 3 cycles now. I realised I do not ovulate on the days that gynae predicts so I usually have to go for the jab to trigger ovulation. Does this mean I'm having problem ovulating? But previously, I have used opk to test and I do ovulate but at a later CD.

Next, we are thinking to try IUI as gynae has suggested. Does anyone know the cost if done at a private clinic and is it medisave deductable also?

Lol, you can test if you want. To put your mind at peace. But better to wait for blood test as it is more accurate.

hngggghhhh. ok must tie up my hands for now and wait to do blood test. in the meantime, i'll pick up a new hobby or something. crochet perhaps? lol lol.

Anyone know the waiting time for making appt with kkh for so iui? And from the first appt to the procedure is it very long?

Are you working? Just go to work and shopping as per normal...

ok so my first IUI failed, got my full flow AF today and it's not like my typical flows. honestly very bummed out and gave myself some time to feel sad but now back to reality - gonna try second IUI and see how that goes the next time.

I was also trying to find out if medisave be can be used for iui - apparently not:

https://www.ecitizen.gov.sg/topics/pages/mobile/topicsdetail.aspx?mpageId=209

Only applicable for iui done at public hospitals. I'm on clomid with pregnyl injection, no success yet. Gynae say I can try a few more cycles before trying iui

Hi everyone, it's been about 1.5 years since we have been trying to ttc. Some days I feel like giving up, especially when I see that other people who got married later are all having their BFP, I wonder when will mine be.

Just this year, I began to see the gynae and am on serophene for 3 cycles now. I realised I do not ovulate on the days that gynae predicts so I usually have to go for the jab to trigger ovulation. Does this mean I'm having problem ovulating? But previously, I have used opk to test and I do ovulate but at a later CD.

Next, we are thinking to try IUI as gynae has suggested. Does anyone know the cost if done at a private clinic and is it medisave deductable also?

Back