Pre natal insurance??

Sshl_Singapore

Hi mummies/mummies to be, I heard about the flexi maternity cover (from great eastern) and mum advantage plus (from axa) for pre natal insurance. Does anyone know the diff between these 2 or any other recommended pre natal insurance plans to consider from other insurance companies? Thanks all!

Hi mummy! I just gave birth in Jan, and I got prufirst gift from prudential when I was 18 weeks. I did a comparison and find that all the plans are similar. I bought it not because of the coverage, but more of the ability to cover any defects from birth so my baby is able to have a life plan without having to go under health underwriting. My agent explained it to me in very easy to understand terms as she herself is a new mom too, we have so many things in common to talk about! She is really good at breastfeeding and breastmilk advices also hehe

I think ultimately it is very important to really like your agent before committing, I've gained a lifelong mummy friend from this, and im really thankful!!

GE flexi maternity plan is a new 3 year hospitalization term plan (Came out in April 2015) that can be converted at the end of the term. Prufirstgift and AXA prenatal plans has been around for a long time, but they are both ILP.

It depends on what you are looking for. There are people who don't mind investment linked options, while some prefer insurance to be separate from investments.

I'm thinking of getting AXA with the ILP one. But still finding out the cost of insurance and the behind deductions of the premium comparing AXA, Prudential and AIA. Bcos of the deductions (admin fee, cost of insurance, documents fee) is high, meaning the balance went for investment will be low, and the returns of saving for my child will be low..

At the end of the day, agent service is the most important. No one can predict the future returns. Everything on the policy document is projected. When purchasing any policy u need to ensure that the agent will be there for you. The combination of having an ilp and pre natal cover is good. But always ask urself why you get the policy for. Mainly for protection or for wealth accumulation. As what previous mummy have mentioned the insurance charges will increase as time pass by meaning the amount invested will be much lesser. ILP is a whole life policy. Meaning your child will have to pay the policy forever. You need the agent to help to monitor the policy as well in case the policy lapse. The main purpose for pre natal insurance is for protection. Instead of doing product comparison, have a chat with different agents and see who plans for ur best interest. That I feel is most important. When anything happen you will want the agent to help u.

Like me. Met up all my agents (Prudential, Great Eastern, AXA, AIA) to get all the information. I myself have ILP too. No need pay forever lah.. Wait abt he turn 20+ he can choose to surrender the policy and take the money once it's break even. But most impt, I will get myself with the pregnancy coverage first then get my child the medical coverage followed by Life Polict then Savings Policy.. When he is able to earn money, he has to continue the policy by paying it himself already.

Like me. Met up all my agents (Prudential, Great Eastern, AXA, AIA) to get all the information. I myself have ILP too. No need pay forever lah.. Wait abt he turn 20+ he can choose to surrender the policy and take the money once it's break even. But most impt, I will get myself with the pregnancy coverage first then get my child the medical coverage followed by Life Polict then Savings Policy.. When he is able to earn money, he has to continue the policy by paying it himself already.
ILP is a whole life plan. Thats why I mention pay forever. How ILP work is by using the long time horizon to get returns. Recently I have been doing a lot of family portfolio what I realise is that parents always want to provide the best for their kids but they have neglected their own coverage. Always remember that a single parent can bring up three brilliant kids but even three brilliant kids are unable to support a critical ill parent. My bf dad passed away leaving nothing for his four kids who were still studying. So do look into your own coverage as well. The last thing you wan to be is to be a burden to ur own kids. My bf dad was the only breadwinner in the house and their family was in a chaotic mess after that. So I vow to help families to reorganize their portfolios so that such things will not happen to them again. If anyone need help in reorganizing their portfolio please feel free to let me know.

This is why I do not worry myself and my hubby and is planning for the kids one. Bcos we are fully covered. I have 3 Life Policies, 1 Early Critical Illness, 2 ILP policies, 1 accident policy which me and my hubby having the same and free coverage for children up to 20yrs old. Our shield plan is under Aviva Plan 1 & 2. So our child is also under covered. Even though I'm not an insurance agent, but we do have an agents to help us take overlook of our policies, I wanna ensure ourselves are covered what is necessary first. My mum got stroke 3 yrs ago and luckily I have done the necessary medical plan for her thru my agent, if not the hospital bills and her medical fees are really high for us.

Hi mummy! I just gave birth in Jan, and I got prufirst gift from prudential when I was 18 weeks. I did a comparison and find that all the plans are similar. I bought it not because of the coverage, but more of the ability to cover any defects from birth so my baby is able to have a life plan without having to go under health underwriting. My agent explained it to me in very easy to understand terms as she herself is a new mom too, we have so many things in common to talk about! She is really good at breastfeeding and breastmilk advices also hehe

I think ultimately it is very important to really like your agent before committing, I've gained a lifelong mummy friend from this, and im really thankful!!

Hi Tiara, may I know which company is your agent representing? I'm looking for one (preferably from PIAS) that can provide a balanced view for all policies mentioned above.

Hi Tiara, may I know which company is your agent representing? I'm looking for one (preferably from PIAS) that can provide a balanced view for all policies mentioned above.
Morning Grace! Financial adviser from PIAS are not able to offer policies from Prudential and Great eastern so therefore a IFA may not be able to offer them even if the product is good. I am representing Great Eastern. if you want to do a product comparison I can help you to do so.

Hi Grace! :) congratulations!

my agent is from prudential :) actually like what I mentioned the plans are all very similar, I just like my agent's personality and her advices haha. do pm me if you need her contact details ya! enjoy your motherhood journey yay!

Insurance is a life-long commitment, comparing one and asking those who knows is a mandatory advise before you purchase a policy. These are some tips that I have.

Tips in choosing Juvenile/Baby Insurance:
1. Ask companies agent to email you a list of benefits
2. Take one hour of your day to sit down n compare the various plans
3. Talk with your spouse and friends about the pro & cons of each company's policy
4. Don't hesitate to whatsapp and ask your agent about the policy, if the agent don't want to waste their time explaining, lucky you, find another good agent
5. Ask your agent's opinion if you are unsure, as they have been in the industry for years or maybe decades, they will know something you that you will miss.

Kindest Regards

I felt that the pre-natal insurance is quite a marketing tool to target the love of parents for their unborn child..

If you really look at what is insurance..

It is an arrangement by which a company or the state undertakes to provide a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness, or death in return for payment of a specified premium.

The core plan is a investment linked policy, which starts with covering mum for Death, TPD, CI (maybe $2400 annually)
Then only you can get a pre natal rider (what you really want).. at $3xx+, seems beautiful.. but the catch is that their risk is limited to $5,000
They preach child will be covered, but if you really read the benefits, it will guarantee cover the child in event of Death, TPD (excluding congenital conditions), same goes for the CI portion.
At the end , you end up funding a investment linked plan that takes a lot from your premium paid through premium allocation and due to cost, it cannot provide coverage for your child's lifetime.
In closing, just add the first year premium of $2400+ $3xx, and with the intention to cover pre-natal risk, but insurer only provides $5,000. I share with clients to take the risk.

The mother should relook at their coverage when they are expecting, since pregnancy has risks. takes care of herself and spouse.
When child is born, quickly get the medical and proper life insurance coverage.

Hi mummies/mummies to be, I heard about the flexi maternity cover (from great eastern) and mum advantage plus (from axa) for pre natal insurance. Does anyone know the diff between these 2 or any other recommended pre natal insurance plans to consider from other insurance companies? Thanks all!

Hi! I would like to recommend my insurance agent to you. he gave detailed personalised needs analysis and also do complimentary free summary report of all your insurance policies with you. He is not pushy, no hard selling.. and really patience and friendly. give him a try. Aaron - 96433477

Hi mummies, i'm a mum of 4 and financial services consultant with AIA. Happy to share why i bought the AIA Family First Baby for myself. If anyone is interested, can contact me at 90027696 or email [email protected]. AIA is the only one that covers IVF mummies too :)

hi Sshl, I've a comparison table of all the plans. in fact, AXA recently launched a family advantage plan for those who doesn't like investment-linked policy. PM me if you are interested ;)
Hi carina, I'm new here and not sure how to pm. Can u share with me the details, esp the axa one that's not ILP. Thanks!

Back