Infertility Support Group

TTC can be so emotionally, physically, mentally and even financially trying when you are struggling with infertility. I believe that we have unexplained secondary infertility. A little background story, we have been trying for almost 2 years and it has been nothing but disappointment and heartache every month and every time I see another pregnancy announcement on facebook. Many have gone on to have their second, third or even fourth baby while we are still trying.

Started seeing Dr Loh at Thomas Fertility, we have gone through 3 months of Clomid and it produced nothing but clomid rage for me, really bad mood swings. Just had HSG done, no blockage, currently waiting to return to Dr again and see if he thinks we are good to go for SO-IUI. Every ultrasound scan shows perfect egg reserve, no cysts etc, and yet I can't seem to conceive.

Hopefully, this group would provide some support for all of us going through this. It is so difficult to find a support group for those struggling with infertility in Sg. Please feel free to share your experience here too.

My husband and I did all the relevant tests last year, everything is normal except that I'm not ovulating every month.
I took a few rounds of Letrozole, and have side effects of headache & mood swing.
We did not put high hopes of having any children, what will be will be.

Recently I have stopped taking fertility drugs and went for TCM at Eu Yan Seng @ Paragon, hope it can helps to 'tio' my body.
By the way, Im scare of Needles so most likely will not be going through IUI or IVF.

Cheers.

Yes, all the best!
Most importantly to stay stress-free and relax...

How old are you btw?

32 this year, how about you?
Staying stress-free in Singapore can be pretty tough, especially when ttc... I try my best not to think too much. I've ditched the ovulation kits. But going with the flow, does not seem to be helping much either.

maybe you like to try this supplement CoQ10? known to enhance fertility for both men & women. can be bought from pharmacy..

32 this year, how about you?
Staying stress-free in Singapore can be pretty tough, especially when ttc... I try my best not to think too much. I've ditched the ovulation kits. But going with the flow, does not seem to be helping much either.

Same as you :)

We are enjoying life and trying to stay stress-free, hope it will helps.

Dr advised to try naturally for the next 2 cycles before coming back for IUI if I want to. Some people have gotten bfp right after their HSG, but I wasn't one of the lucky ones. Hoping that the next 2 cycles will bring some good news.

Can't agree more, ttc is so draining emotionally. People have always said to be stress free and believe the day will come soon. Have been on clomid for two cycles and I did have the jab to trigger ovulation. I guess I have taken the jab for 3 cycles now and I'm just so fed up about it that nothing's happening as yet.

Hi ladies, I want to share my TTC journey with you to give you support. I had surgery to remove a huge fibroid a few yrs ago. During the surgery, HSG was done and found both fallopian tubes blocked. I was devastated and was told the only option to get preggy is thru IVF. I can't afford IVF, so I decided to try TCM with acupuncture. I had TCM on and off for about 1.5yrs. Last yr, had D&C at 10wks. It took my body exactly a year to conceive again. Now I m at11wks preggy. As far as I knw, TCM is to warm up our womb. I also took Blackmore Conceive Well Gold for abt 4mths for this pregnancy to boost my health. I m sure BCWG did help me to conceive. I m 45yrs old. I have tried many methods to conceive becoz my biology clock ticking away. I gave myself abt 6mths taking the Blackmore Conceive Well Gold(BCWF), so I bought 4 boxes. Now I have to switch to Blackmore Pregnancy and I would like sell 2boxes BCWG. (expiry Aug 2017). Pls pm me. Thanks. Hope my story gives you inspiration.

Last edited:
Hubby and i did our test beginning this year after 2 years of unprotected sex and found out that i am low egg reserve.( hubby is perfectly alright)

I must admit that there is stress here n there as people ard me are all getting pregnant. Just bought some ovulation kit to try and will be gg back to kkh to meet the doc. Understand from the last visit that she will be giving me some tablets to eat for coming 3 months to increase the chances of me getting preg.

It still no good news, most likely have to go thru IUI. Why is it so hard to get preg?

It is a very tough journey. Everytime my AF comes, I ask myself what went wrong again, did I do something or did I not do something?

Trying to stay "stress-free" which is literally impossible in Singapore lol.

My younger cousins and in-laws who got married much later than me all pregnant and gave birth to babies.

I am just thankful for a supportive husband who is willing to go through all the fertility procedures with me. Have heard of friends whose husbands are resistant to it.

Don't give up, ladies! Hope we all have good news soon.

It is a very tough journey. Everytime my AF comes, I ask myself what went wrong again, did I do something or did I not do something?

Trying to stay "stress-free" which is literally impossible in Singapore lol.

My younger cousins and in-laws who got married much later than me all pregnant and gave birth to babies.

I am just thankful for a supportive husband who is willing to go through all the fertility procedures with me. Have heard of friends whose husbands are resistant to it.

Don't give up, ladies! Hope we all have good news soon.

Jia you. I believe 1 day we can all be mothers. Let's just keep trying

hi all,

just wish to share & hopefully give encouragement to those who are ttc. i've low ovarian reserve (below 1) & i read that the chances of conceiving through ivf are not high too.

thank God i was pregnant naturally last year in july but ended up with blighted ovum. we were devastated but continue to try & with God's grace was pregnant again in november. i gave birth to my rainbow baby in 1st august this year :)

don't give up, keep on trying.. your prayers will be answered.

jia you!

Anyone patient of kkh taking clomid, can share with me the cost and how`s the process like. Thank q in advance.

Hi everyone, in my 2ww now and trying not to stress but it's so hard.

How not to stress when you've seen many BFNs over the months?

Having to work kinda sucks too. I can't really share about the fertility treatments I am going through with my colleagues.

I have some close friends but to be honest, none of them had fertility issues and they don't really understand what I'm going through. Some meant to be kind but say things like "this happened for a purpose, maybe God felt you are not ready to be a parent". It's meant to console me but I feel so hurt by it. What about those parents out there who abused their kids? Are they ready to be parents then?

Feeling quite depressed recently but also know that this has to stop, or it'll affect my chances of conceiving.

In-laws asking why so long never hear good news.

I have literally nobody to talk to in real life about this.

Hi catinthesky, your post rings well with me. Can totally understand how u feel.
I have been married for over 2 years, tried iui 3 times and today just went for my 2nd ivf transfer. First fresh ivf in June didn't result in good news. Really hope bfp will happen this time.
From the time I married into my hubby's family (I'm staying w in-laws), MIL keeps asking when we have good news. I felt very pressured and bad why I am not able give them a grandchild. But I have since come to realise that no matter how hard u try in TTC, people who are not in our shoes before will not understand what we go through. So now, I always tell myself to adopt a more relaxed attitude, I know is easier said than done. Just remember that giving oneself stress doesn't bring benefits, so why not we lighten our load by being more relaxed.
Think of happy and blissful things we have right now, for example good hubby, nice meals w family, annual holidays u have, stable job, etc. Whatever that helps in maintaining positivity! :)

Hi hi, I'm pretty new in this forum and will be starting ivf next month. This month is birth control and trying to load up on proteins and supplements.

I kinda have the same thoughts as @catinthesky, all my friends are super fertile and as much as I'm happy for them, it depresses me hanging out with them.. So these days I just keep to myself or vent with hubs where ttc is concerned.. We have also decided not to tell anyone about this, even our parents as we do not want them to worry unnecessary. Thankful they haven't really prompted us much about when we are having kids.

Let's support one another here! And best of luck @ffan wishing you a BFP!!

I am. And if u don't mind.. U can ask to be invole in their research. No cost invole n they give a little incentive for ur time and effort.
Anyone patient of kkh taking clomid, can share with me the cost and how`s the process like. Thank q in advance.

Thanks ffan and Yogi.L. That's why I really appreciate having forums like these where we can share our feelings.

Hi ladies, I want to share my TTC journey with you to give you support. I had surgery to remove a huge fibroid a few yrs ago. During the surgery, HSG was done and found both fallopian tubes blocked. I was devastated and was told the only option to get preggy is thru IVF. I can't afford IVF, so I decided to try TCM with acupuncture. I had TCM on and off for about 1.5yrs. Last yr, had D&C at 10wks. It took my body exactly a year to conceive again. Now I m at11wks preggy. As far as I knw, TCM is to warm up our womb. I also took Blackmore Conceive Well Gold for abt 4mths for this pregnancy to boost my health. I m sure BCWG did help me to conceive. I m 45yrs old. I have tried many methods to conceive becoz my biology clock ticking away. I gave myself abt 6mths taking the Blackmore Conceive Well Gold(BCWF), so I bought 4 boxes. Now I have to switch to Blackmore Pregnancy and I would like sell 2boxes BCWG. (expiry Aug 2017). Pls pm me. Thanks. Hope my story gives you inspiration.
Hi, I'm also 45yrs old and have been trying to conceive but still unsuccessful. How was the Tcm treatment? I do not mind trying the BCWF though.

Hi Jasiee, generally TCM treatment takes longer time to see the effect. It also depends on individual body. Some go for 3mths, got preggy. It took me abt 1.5yrs becoz I was not regular.
Besides taking the sachet powder and accupunture, I also stop taking 'cooling' food, cold drinks
which is harmful to the womb.
Keep trying and enjoy BD!

Hello I'm new to the forum and have also been ttc almost 2yrs. Have went through the blood tests and scans, supplements, body temp-ing and ovulation kits. Hubby has slightly lower count and motility but doc said it wasn't too bad can still try naturally. Now I'm starting to get worried and considering getting help. I read that clomid isn't helpful if one ovulates regularly, so next option will be to try IUI. Sigh! Gathering more info abt it now but not sure if I'm really ready for the emotional stress but worried that the clock is ticking.

Hi all,
I'm new here too. Have ttc for past 5 years - 2 IUIs and 2 IVFs. Also tried TCM. Have stopped trying all these methods since last year and just praying for the best. I dunno anyone close who is also going through infertility issues so haven't really been able to find pple who can completely empathise. Hope that this will be a good platform for support.

Hello I'm new to the forum and have also been ttc almost 2yrs. Have went through the blood tests and scans, supplements, body temp-ing and ovulation kits. Hubby has slightly lower count and motility but doc said it wasn't too bad can still try naturally. Now I'm starting to get worried and considering getting help. I read that clomid isn't helpful if one ovulates regularly, so next option will be to try IUI. Sigh! Gathering more info abt it now but not sure if I'm really ready for the emotional stress but worried that the clock is ticking.

Hi, there are many of us going through the same thing here so you're not alone.

Personally I don't really like clomid because it apparently thins the uterine lining. I was put on tamoxifen for IUI.

IUI is actually a very simple and easy procedure. Don't be too stressed over it :)

Hi all,
I'm new here too. Have ttc for past 5 years - 2 IUIs and 2 IVFs. Also tried TCM. Have stopped trying all these methods since last year and just praying for the best. I dunno anyone close who is also going through infertility issues so haven't really been able to find pple who can completely empathise. Hope that this will be a good platform for support.

Hi Lespere, it is such a tough journey for us TTC-ing many years.

Are you still going to TCM? TCM takes longer time to work. I am trying to be patient with it as well... been going to TCM with acupuncture past 2 months and my uterine lining improved.

Jia you and don't give up hope. You will get your BFP!

Dear all, i am new here..i am already 34yrs old...and trying to conceive but hubby having low sperm count issues....any affordable and patience dr to recommend to treat this problem please..thank you ladies..

Hi, I'm also 45yrs old and have been trying to conceive but still unsuccessful. How was the Tcm treatment? I do not mind trying the BCWF though.
hii jasiee....which gynea are you with now..i am 34..and looking for a dr to help my hubby low sperm count sobzz

hi everyone...i just saw dr loh at thomson.
he says i have endometric cysts. recommend me go for surgery and try again. anyone has the same experience?

he says i have endometric cysts. recommend me go for surgery and try again. anyone has the same experience?

Hi jayjayqueenie,

I am not a mom, but I do a lot of research on these issues when my friend had the same problem.

Cysts is usually caused by hormonal imbalance. Surgery will temporary solve the problem but may grp cal again if there is no change in lifestyle and eating habits.
Alternatively you can try herbal supplements which is less harmful without chemicals. I've suggested my friend to take from nutrilite too. Seems to work well for her, she had her first son already. :)

Just thought this sharing will benefits you too. Good day to you. :)

Hi jayjayqueenie,

I had key hole surgery to remove endometriosis on both my ovaries 4 yrs back and doc jabbed on my tummy to stop menses for 6 mths.. thereafter when my menses was back, dr adv me to try to get preg.. I was lucky to get preg on the 2nd mth.. just sharing my experience with u..

Dear all, i am new here..i am already 34yrs old...and trying to conceive but hubby having low sperm count issues....any affordable and patience dr to recommend to treat this problem please..thank you ladies..
Hi, have you consider go chung hwa (Low cost) or thong chai (FOC) medical hall for TCM treatment? Some online people go thru it

Hi all...

My story is we have been trying for 5 yrs also. Took 1 yr of tcm and after that decided to go for ivf and even ivf also took close to 2 yrs to succeed. I have a failed IUI cycle due to my egg not growing only 1 egg is growing so my doc suggest IUI. N 2 abort ivf cycle due to eggs not growing much also. I took both long n short cycle. And we almost end up going to do adoption paperwork coz that's our last resort. And because of this issue i quit my job in 2013 to concentrate on my ivf cycle. We told ourselves to give it a last try. And surprisingly i manage to extract 13 eggs and successfully conceived. Now my boy is coming to 2.5 yrs old, we are trying to see if we can have another bb again by trying naturally but the problem is im a hormone imbalance person n my egg is always immature eggs. And my hub is low sperm count. Now every mth im taking letrozole to ovaluate but i always encounter pain at the lower abdominal even cough n poo i also will feel pain. Even my doc say is low chances to get preg without any help, but my hub think otherwise n thus we always argue on this issue.

Why women has to suffer all kind of pain n yet the man just dun understand it. I feel so miserable

Hi Snow19

dont think like that!!! We have no choice for such pain you can only think that god is giving you a beautiful baby thats why you have to wait a bit longer.... There are still many out there who also have fertility problems or unexplained infertility for their 1st child... I envy you at least you still have a child... For me i already 3rd IUI now in my 2WW still hoping for miracles.... Low sperm counts i can recommend you to buy Fertility Blend.... My Husband also eats that although he doesn't have count problems but his motility is low, after taking the supplement eventually his count went up from 17million to 24million only for the 1st cycle... Progessive also went up from 10% to 40%.... Maybe you can try to ask your husband to take this and see how it goes.... I am also same as you i am unable to conceive naturally....only way out is to try IUI 1st....Good Luck!!!

Hi jayjayqueenie,

I had key hole surgery to remove endometriosis on both my ovaries 4 yrs back and doc jabbed on my tummy to stop menses for 6 mths.. thereafter when my menses was back, dr adv me to try to get preg.. I was lucky to get preg on the 2nd mth.. just sharing my experience with u..

why you need to stop menses. i dont understand.
my doctor did not say i need to stop my menses after surgery.

Hi jayjayqueenie,

I am not a mom, but I do a lot of research on these issues when my friend had the same problem.

Cysts is usually caused by hormonal imbalance. Surgery will temporary solve the problem but may grp cal again if there is no change in lifestyle and eating habits.
Alternatively you can try herbal supplements which is less harmful without chemicals. I've suggested my friend to take from nutrilite too. Seems to work well for her, she had her first son already. :)

Just thought this sharing will benefits you too. Good day to you. :)

i am hoping the surgery will work for me because previously i sort of have something that "cleared" my tubes too.
non-surgical though.
so i have a feeling this might work.

I'm trying 1st cycle of clomid this month..hope tings work out well!
Just wondering by going to TCM physician, will they be able to know if fallopian tubes are blocked? or semen quality no good?
Or they actually still recommend us to go Gynae to see 1st before going TCM?

I'm trying 1st cycle of clomid this month..hope tings work out well!
Just wondering by going to TCM physician, will they be able to know if fallopian tubes are blocked? or semen quality no good?
Or they actually still recommend us to go Gynae to see 1st before going TCM?

Tcm wont know de, i took tcm for a yr n i didn even know i dun have mature egg until i go kkh for checkup. Tcm is more like helping u to build up ur body n womb.

Hi, i'm new here. i have been ttc over 2 years. So frustrated when period comes as I know that i'm hopeless again on that month. it’s a tough journey. Mother in law pressuring me to have a baby. So stressful.

i was diagnosed with hormonal imbalance when I go for checkup lasy year. Fsh and prolactin level is high. I was advised to take tcm and thankfully got improvement after consume for one course. Althought its just a slightly improvement. Still not in a ideal range. Tried for another one course. Then I also take supplement, tracking the btt to predict ovulation period. stop taking spicy foods,cold drinks.

Thanks god,I was pregnant on sept.

So don’t give up and keep trying.

Just wana say... Dont give up . Lets keep trying

I just had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. TTC for coming 4 years, tried 5 IUIs and 1 IVF. My biggest issues is i am a poor respondent to all the injections and i have very low ovarian reserve. Meaning normal women can produce 14 eggs for our age during IVF, the most number i got is only 2.

been very down but part of me just dont wana give up.
Lets all fight on

Hi, i'm new here. i have been ttc over 2 years. So frustrated when period comes as I know that i'm hopeless again on that month. it’s a tough journey. Mother in law pressuring me to have a baby. So stressful.

i was diagnosed with hormonal imbalance when I go for checkup lasy year. Fsh and prolactin level is high. I was advised to take tcm and thankfully got improvement after consume for one course. Althought its just a slightly improvement. Still not in a ideal range. Tried for another one course. Then I also take supplement, tracking the btt to predict ovulation period. stop taking spicy foods,cold drinks.

Thanks god,I was pregnant on sept.

So don’t give up and keep trying.
Hi, may I know which tcm u went to? My prolactin level is also on a high side, has tried to conceive for 2yrs+ after my first child.. am quite disappointed after 3 tries of iui n 1 soiui..

Back