2016/07 July babies

Hi mummies,

Me too will deliver at TMC too. Just visited my gynae yesterday, week 34 and bb weight 2.1kgs and was 1.7kgs at week 32.

Suppose to visit gynae 2 weeks later but she will on leave that time, so can only see her three weeks later when my week 37. Will tell my baby must wait after week 37 only pop out. :p

Joined the TMC hospital tour, the staff there mentioned need to prepare mitten and booties for baby.

Just started to contact post natal massage lady, rate now is about $80 per session. U guys already book the massage lady? How's the charges?

Hi all,

I will be at TMC too. Seems quite a number of us at TMC. Wondering is there a need to pack breast pump to hospital? Any suggestion? I intend to bf my baby.

Sharks. Totally forgot about hospital tour. Better call tomorrow hehe.

My massage is 750 for 10 sessions.

Hygiene reason, I doubt hospital will provide the pump. I'm about to sterilize my pump next week and pack along in the bag. GlenE doesn't it anyway.

@emk thanks! Seems like mount a has so little freebies to give away. TMC is giving so much more..

Anyway, anyone felt any period like cramps at week 31-32? Is it normal? I'm going into week 32 tmrw and I'm feeling the menstrual cramps. Idk if i should call my gynae and go see a doctor or should i just observe. Any advices from experienced mummies?

Congrats bunny on your bundle of joy!

I am going for c section too...likely won't wash my face or bother about moisturizer!! Hahaha

Hope I am lucky like u, get a premier single room!

So far I have not booked the room yet, wld be 34 weeks this Friday

Ya first day definitely cannot get out of bed. They will drain your urine. Second day U will get out of bed n learn to walk. So U will be pain n tired to even bother with skincare haha. Third day maybe better. By then U already thinking one more day to go home. Forget it. Go back then resume the normal routine. Dr Loh will give U the admission letter if he feels U about to pop. U can ask him for it n nurse will help u book.

I did get mense cramp too around that time. I think it's normal? Just short ones. Now I don't really feel it anymore.

Oh so KKH does provide pump. Unfortunately GlenE provides little things too. But doesn't matter la. I already packed them in:)

@gan - your milk came in so early the first time? Wow!
I didn't even feel engorged at all till about day 5 after delivery. That's when I started expressing.

Oh ya most of the time I read mummies can't express till days later. I now rethinking if I should really pack the pump set.

Hi all,

I will be at TMC too. Seems quite a number of us at TMC. Wondering is there a need to pack breast pump to hospital? Any suggestion? I intend to bf my baby.

Hi, you need to pack your breast pump as the milk flow may not kick in so fast or baby may sleep more than suckle thus you need the pump to stimulate.

I dun think there is a need to pack breast pump coz it will be colostrum for the first few days.. Actually can latch bb or hand express out. Breast pump can leave it at home..
I rem tmc give mitten for my last 2 bb leh.. No sock is given but normally they are wrapped up in the swaddle so I din put on sock for them. Ok maybe I should prepare the sock n mitten too..

Hi mummies with elective csect, what's the difference for choosing epidural vs spinal? Wonder why spinal is cheaper than epidural when both are half body numb...

After some thoughts and the posts here, I've decided to leave the pump at home. :p

For mummies getting CL, what pots do you need to prep? Im officially moving to my new house after pop and wonder if I need to get double boiler? I only have slow cooker (need to buy rice cooker too) for now.

Hi Mommies,

So we do not need to bring along bath towel right? Since wont bath during our stay in hospital? Any way to avoid hair itchiness if cant wash for 3 days in hospital? :p

Anyone of you encounter foot swollen, mine one week 34 like pig foot now. Just now my lady boss saw my foot and said last time her foot only swollen when she going to give birth. Is it true? But i noticed my foot started swollen since 6th month. How about u guys?

redvel: Need to prepare a big pot to let CL boil the herb for you to bath, my CL said the pot size should can accommodate 4 pig legs. The confinement herbal bath can buy from Hock Hua too.
Me too wont bring pump to hospital. :)
Me too just have slow cooker, so i intend to buy a small steam pot to put inside the slow cooker to let CL double boil the herb for me to consume. Dont bother to buy extra double boiler. :p

Last edited:
I got pig foot and pig hand lo ..Haha My CTS become worse, numbness on my fingers never goes off since Sunday.. Got to wear wrist support to sleep

Oh ya need to get a big pot for boiling herbal bath. Also need to get a big pail for the bath. Thanks for reminding man.

You can get the Bastia dry shampoo spray. Guardian has it. Perhaps google to find out how it looks like. I'm sure hospital provides towel however yes unlikely you'll use it since confinement is no normal shower. I bought the Cetaphil cleanser. My last confinement I used it. It can be either wiped off (when in hospital) or rinse off with the herbal bath easily (when at home).

My feet and fingers start to swell since a week ago. Just a bit. So I'm keeping all my expensive shoes aside first. Uncomfy to wear my rings too so I don't wear them now anymore.

Haha, then i'm not alone to have pig foot then. What is CTS?
CTS is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome... I was told its common to experience this during pregnancy but so far I ask people around me they don't get it during their pregnancy :(

@redvel I have prepared two bottles of martell and 1 bottle of Dom and my mum also give me two bottle of Chinese wine. My kitchen is fully equipped with all size of pots and toys. But I'm not sure what type of cooking stuffs she need so will let my hub/mil to accompany my CL to go buy when she come. I never buy double boil.. What I usually do when I cook bird nest is to use a traditional type of small glass pot and put inside slow cooker.

@gan - your milk came in so early the first time? Wow!
I didn't even feel engorged at all till about day 5 after delivery. That's when I started expressing.
I started pumping every 3 hours from 3rd day in hospital
First 2 days coz of c section...didn't pump but nurse will bring baby to suck..
But initially not much milk...I just pump, whatever I have pass to nurse to feed baby

I was using kk breast pump when I delivered number one...n that is definitely more powerful than my medela!

Hello, i believe KK do charge a "rental" fee when you use their pump during your stay. Maybe you can consider bring yours the next time, this way not only can save some $$$, if not sure how to use your pump, maybe can seek the nurse for advice.

Cheers

Yes I rem for the 2nd one I tried to rent from tmc and was told that only colostrum so I gave up and hand express and let bb suckle..
I juz put lotsa of bb powder on myself to prevent myself from itchiness.. My fren super good.. She told me that she din wash her hair for the whole confinement!! She had thick and long long by the way.. Haha I dun think I can take it. I will wash and dry it with hair dryer as soon as possible.
For the pot, I'm using slow cooker and I have a big pot for the herbal bath thing too.. But normally I will see my mum boil twice so as enough for me to bath.

I think need to get the big pot used to cook the pig trotters vinegar thing in. The woody kind that looks like the old Chinese chamber pot :D

Anyone planning to shower in hospital? I did, after delivery will feel a bit icky. Bathed once a day in my 2-day stay after delivery. Dried hair with hair dryer after washing.

The Batiste dry shampoo can be bought from Watsons also. Lots of different scents, colorful bottle. Just search at the hair care section.

On swelling, my doc always reminds me to drink more water because the less we drink, the more our bodies will try to retain the little we have, hence leading to water retention and therefore swelling So far so good for me. Rem to drink more, nummies!

Tuna is it this kind in much bigger size? Am trying to imagine what is woody kind :p I'll need to go buy one later today.

ImageUploadedByForum1464830872.403117.jpg

I dun think there is a need to pack breast pump coz it will be colostrum for the first few days.. Actually can latch bb or hand express out. Breast pump can leave it at home..
I rem tmc give mitten for my last 2 bb leh.. No sock is given but normally they are wrapped up in the swaddle so I din put on sock for them. Ok maybe I should prepare the sock n mitten too..

Hi, my baby was delivered at 37weeks so milk flow not in yet for me. She slept a lot and refused to latch much so the lactation consultant asked me to use my breast pump to pump regularly instead.

This round, the hospital didnt give mittens nor booties. Previously, mittens were given.

Grateful2014: congrats on your nb!! Yours came out at week 37 meaning edd is end June? I'm counting down to my week 37 too.. But if can dong till week 38 the best la. I doubt so coz both my girls all came out 37 weeks zhun zhun.
I also saw that a couple of mummies gave birth le in Fb. I better enjoy now before giving birth haha else all the sleepless night will be quite tiring.
And thanks for the info.. Yes I juz packed a pair of small mitten, sock n a new set of clothes in my hospital bag.
For the breast milk, u dun feel so stress abt it.. Juz pump when u can n it will come de. Did u also massage your breast before you pump? Nb bb are all v sleepy de.. So now when they r resting, u try to rest more too.

Redvel: dun think need this type to boil the herbal bathe thing la.. This is the clay type. For the bathe thing, can juz use normal pot

Will look for batiste dry shampoo from Watson then. Thanks for the info.

Can just use Normal stainless steel pot to boil the herbal bath.

emk, ganbatte!
CTS is Carpal Tunnel Syndrome... I was told its common to experience this during pregnancy but so far I ask people around me they don't get it during their pregnancy :(

Ganbatte! Everything will be fine.

Grateful2014: congrats on your nb!! Yours came out at week 37 meaning edd is end June? I'm counting down to my week 37 too.. But if can dong till week 38 the best la. I doubt so coz both my girls all came out 37 weeks zhun zhun.
I also saw that a couple of mummies gave birth le in Fb. I better enjoy now before giving birth haha else all the sleepless night will be quite tiring.
And thanks for the info.. Yes I juz packed a pair of small mitten, sock n a new set of clothes in my hospital bag.
For the breast milk, u dun feel so stress abt it.. Juz pump when u can n it will come de. Did u also massage your breast before you pump? Nb bb are all v sleepy de.. So now when they r resting, u try to rest more too.

Hi Verluv, both of your gals are born in Week 37. I am a first time mummy, at week 35 and days 5 now. Not sure mine will be early, but I hope it'll be after week 38 which is much better.

Hello, i believe KK do charge a "rental" fee when you use their pump during your stay. Maybe you can consider bring yours the next time, this way not only can save some $$$, if not sure how to use your pump, maybe can seek the nurse for advice.

Cheers

May I know how much do they charge for rental fee?

Hi, my EDD was early jun but came out mid may. Yes, do enjoy. Bf is tiring. I did massage but not easy but will hang in there. Tks... hope you have a smooth Delivery.

Gwenk: yes both my girls born at 37 weeks so I think this one is no exception. Actually upon 37 weeks it's not considered as preterm baby but of coz its best to dong for a few more weeks la.. At least bb can be mor4 develop inside you but nowsaday gynae all very advance.. If threatened pre term they will give u steroid jab to make the bb lung grow faster. I took one steroid jab le. Unless your bb is very big in size and u are worried abt delivering the bb else better to dong longer..

Grateful2014: once u think of bb is benefiting from your breast milk u will sure persist on!! Dun worry abt the supply now coz it will take a while to have more supply. I think supply peak at 3rd mths if u consistently pump. Last time, I'm quite obsess with the Amt of milk I pump but I think its alright now coz I'm sure my bb is better off than those who din get a single drop of breast milk.. Jia you!! At least the most difficult part which is delivery is over for you!! I'm juz looking forward to it!!

So if I don't have sufficient milk first few days despite pumping then bb will go too hungry without mine or FM? Can mummies share your experience and advice for such scenario?

Our stand is we will not stress over no/little BM. Neither do we have a BF plan (to me I won't decide how long to BF my child. Will decide when to stop as circumstance comes along. Me and hubby grew up in FM and we are healthy likewise).

However I need to know what's norm in the starting stage to be prepared what to do next.

Gwenk: yes both my girls born at 37 weeks so I think this one is no exception. Actually upon 37 weeks it's not considered as preterm baby but of coz its best to dong for a few more weeks la.. At least bb can be mor4 develop inside you but nowsaday gynae all very advance.. If threatened pre term they will give u steroid jab to make the bb lung grow faster. I took one steroid jab le. Unless your bb is very big in size and u are worried abt delivering the bb else better to dong longer..

Thanks for the info. I am quite nervous as this is my first pregnancy and don't know when bb will be out.

Grateful2014: once u think of bb is benefiting from your breast milk u will sure persist on!! Dun worry abt the supply now coz it will take a while to have more supply. I think supply peak at 3rd mths if u consistently pump. Last time, I'm quite obsess with the Amt of milk I pump but I think its alright now coz I'm sure my bb is better off than those who din get a single drop of breast milk.. Jia you!! At least the most difficult part which is delivery is over for you!! I'm juz looking forward to it!!
Thanks! :)

So if I don't have sufficient milk first few days despite pumping then bb will go too hungry without mine or FM? Can mummies share your experience and advice for such scenario?

Our stand is we will not stress over no/little BM. Neither do we have a BF plan (to me I won't decide how long to BF my child. Will decide when to stop as circumstance comes along. Me and hubby grew up in FM and we are healthy likewise).

However I need to know what's norm in the starting stage to be prepared what to do next.
Even though my PD is pro BF, he advised to supplement with FM if insufficient BM. So, I do a mix of BM and FM.

Think what redvel is referring to is for cooking the pig trotters.
@redvel - yea, I think the clay pot is fine. Normally for confinement, CL will keep boiling the same pot of trotters, at most add more vinegar and whatever other sauce is needed. Apparently the longer it cooks, the more yummy it is.

On breastfeeding, NBs hv really tiny tummies, if u inform the nurses u want ur bb to be on complete bfding, they will just keep bringing the bb to u whenever a feed is needed. For the last one, I rem the nurses kept appearing in my rm every hour on the first day, after a 20 min feed, I pass her back to the nursery and she will be brought back about 45 mins later. Don't worry too much, just persist and tahan, first few days will b most tiring, it will get better as ur supply slowly increases.

May I know how much do they charge for rental fee?

Hello mummy, honestly i cannot remember how much they charge me le. But it is something that is reasonable, nonetheless, if you decide to buy a pump for your own use, i thought mummies can save some $$$ by bring down your very own pump to use instead of renting for them.

Cheers

Ok thanks tuna. I'll let the good nurses help me me along on first days :)

Going PC show later so will see if I can get some pots deal at robinsons sales there.

Ok thanks tuna. I'll let the good nurses help me me along on first days :)

Going PC show later so will see if I can get some pots deal at robinsons sales there.
I used a big kettle to boil water for shower with the herds. No need to get too many big pots just for confinement. Unless u will be using after that too

Back