Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hi sistas

Do you use the ice pad to numb your tummy before injections. NUH nurse said to ease pain can use ice pad to numb first. Have you ladies tried this method before?

Never used ice pad either. The jabs are not very painful. Only menopur - got to inject slowly as that stings. I read somewhere that the jabs are less painful when they arent cold, straight from fridge. I usually leave it on my counter for about 5min before the jabs.

Hi sistas

Do you use the ice pad to numb your tummy before injections. NUH nurse said to ease pain can use ice pad to numb first. Have you ladies tried this method before?

Did not use ice pad either..was not so bad for me..u may use an ice pad no prob.. it does not affect.. but prob do not rub ice pack after jab cos it may clot the med due to the ice cold.. just a tot..

Hi sistas

I never use any ice pack before. I find just the alcohol swabs are fine for me.
And yes like one of them mentioned, leaving the jab outside for a while so that it's not so cold helps. Some injections stings if it's too cold.

Hello babes, any idea when the embryologist would call day after egg retrieval? Just had mine yesterday and feeling really nervous on the results....

They called me at about 10plus in the morning the next day to update me. Afterwhich, they called me everyday till they freeze the embryos coz I did not do fresh transfer..

Thanks Ying1163. Embryologist just called with bad news, only 3 fertilised embryos out of the 10 eggs retrieved. Fingers cross these precious embryos will hold up well for ET......

Don't worry...don't stress urself...stay positive! Nope...not doing this month...will be doing in Aug I guess...haven't meet up doc yet after the failed fet...hehe

Don't worry...don't stress urself...stay positive! Nope...not doing this month...will be doing in Aug I guess...haven't meet up doc yet after the failed fet...hehe

I think we will be cycle buddies! I just failed my FET last week and is going to do another fresh cycle end of July or early August.

Anyway anyone remember when do we start to eat Nor E? I already got my prescription for it and was told to wait for 2 cycles and can start to call CHR already but I cannot remember when do we start to eat the Nor E.

I think we will be cycle buddies! I just failed my FET last week and is going to do another fresh cycle end of July or early August.

Anyway anyone remember when do we start to eat Nor E? I already got my prescription for it and was told to wait for 2 cycles and can start to call CHR already but I cannot remember when do we start to eat the Nor E.

From my records on fertility friend, we have to start Nor-E Day 18 of previous cycle. Better call CHR to confirm.

I think mine will be end of august liao...coz my appointment to see doc is end of june...hehe...from the timeline CHR gave me previously, is day 18 of menses..
ImageUploadedByForum1464780147.863489.jpg

Hi ladies, just started my ivf stimulation jabs yesterday. My first cycle.

Can i know if any of u have recent success stories with PC Wong? Just not feeling confident at all thru this.

Can i know if any of u have recent success stories with PC Wong? Just not feeling confident at all thru this.
Hi do keep a zen and positive mood. You are in good hands! Must be the hormones make you feel under. It was an incredible journey for me last year this time. Certainly hope you can bfp first time too. All the best n keep hopes high!

Hi do keep a zen and positive mood. You are in good hands! Must be the hormones make you feel under. It was an incredible journey for me last year this time. Certainly hope you can bfp first time too. All the best n keep hopes high!
Thanks queby77.

It's just that with two miscarriages and 1 failed iui, can't be so hopeful anymore. But I'll b hope to b encouraged by ladies who successfully conceive thru ivf.

So are you pregnant thru ivf too?

Hi Jeu,
My 1st ivf was success under PC wong. There was no any frozen and only one embryo fertilised out of 9.
Just dun think too much, relax relax and relax.
Now is my 2nd ivf with him as well. Today will be my 4th Jab. Hopefully can be success as 1st time.

Hi all,

Thanks for your encouragement ladies. I just dunno how to take this disappointment if this fails. I know it's not as bad as the pain of miscarriage but failure to conceive is still very discouraging. I hope I can keep on going like some of u.

Dreamscometrue, my first mc was natural, 2nd mc from IUI.

Today will be my 3rd jab. So we're quite close in cycle ylgoh.

Just got my official negative blood test for Ivf #1. =(
Going to wait to see doc next week and probably start Ivf #2 in Sept.
Any ideas on how to improve egg quality? My fertilization rates were well below average. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that iewezs :(
I saw from other postings said eat egg white(2-4 per day), goat milk, folic acid, chicken essence etc...

Thks Missy.too. I have been taking all sorts of supplements including folic acid, chicken essence, immunocal, acupuncture. Also TCM but stopped once i started ivf. Sigh.... it just feels so sad and heartbreaking when you think you have done all you can but yet it is still not enough...

iewezs don't give up okay!

if u starting sept, maybe we might be cycle buddies! I will see doctor in mid Jul, hopefully to start in Aug/Sept too...

Yes, I will have to persevere. Just have to make it through these few days of mourning ... Thanks for the thoughts and best wishes too! Let's do it together!

Thks Missy.too. I have been taking all sorts of supplements including folic acid, chicken essence, immunocal, acupuncture. Also TCM but stopped once i started ivf. Sigh.... it just feels so sad and heartbreaking when you think you have done all you can but yet it is still not enough...
Is this your first cycle? Do you have any frozen embryos?

iewezs dun give up. you can make it. Think positive. cheers. Looking forward for your good news.
I will be having egg retrieval next week. My egg size doest look quite well. Today is my 7 days stim.
my right ovary was high and prof said unable to retrieve however lucky my left ovary have 11 folicle right side only 4.
so he will only take the left side. for the size only 5 are in good progress 12mm, 11mm...
Wish me good luck bah.

Just got my official negative blood test for Ivf #1. =(
Going to wait to see doc next week and probably start Ivf #2 in Sept.
Any ideas on how to improve egg quality? My fertilization rates were well below average. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Hugs iewezs. take your time to heal and recuperate. Sometimes i wonder why we ladies have to go through such discouragement and disappointment. I hope u'll b successful next round. May I know who is ur doc?

I'm gonna see prof tmr. My egg retrieval shd be next week too. I also dunno how my egg quality will be like. Sigh...so much uncertainty.

How do u ladies find Prof? I dunno whether it's bcos he's too busy but he's really a man of few words. There are some things he doesn't tell me until i ask him eg i was taking aspirin (told him b4 hand) and he didn't tell me when to stop until i asked him. Also he din mention abt not taking tcm until i asked him too. I find him cold at times. Wonder if he's sympathetic if we fail the ivf. I know he has lots of experience that's why i stick with him. Hopefully his success rate is high.

Hugs iewezs. take your time to heal and recuperate. Sometimes i wonder why we ladies have to go through such discouragement and disappointment. I hope u'll b successful next round. May I know who is ur doc?

I'm gonna see prof tmr. My egg retrieval shd be next week too. I also dunno how my egg quality will be like. Sigh...so much uncertainty.

How do u ladies find Prof? I dunno whether it's bcos he's too busy but he's really a man of few words. There are some things he doesn't tell me until i ask him eg i was taking aspirin (told him b4 hand) and he didn't tell me when to stop until i asked him. Also he din mention abt not taking tcm until i asked him too. I find him cold at times. Wonder if he's sympathetic if we fail the ivf. I know he has lots of experience that's why i stick with him. Hopefully his success rate is high.
I think he is very busy so he wont tell you everything until you ask him. He is very experience and and i was success under him 2 years ago.
What is your number of eggs?

Thanks Jeu. Am under Prof too but my first cycle Prof was away the whole of May. Stimulation monitoring was done by Dr Chew. Prof came back in time to do my ET and ER. I have no regrets with Prof. He gave me a lot of confidence during ER and ET and I had almost no immediate side effects (cramping and spotting) from both procedures. The docs in general dont talk a lot - guess they are jammed pack with patients. We just have to be more proactive and ask them questions instead of the other way round .....

Hi,

Tmr i shall know how many good ones. As far as i can rem got 5 on one side and 4 the other. But whether can retrieve or not he hasn't mentioned.

So from both of u, i think i have to be more proactive to ask qns.

By the way, does anyone know when will our period come after a failed IVF? I understand that the upcoming period is usually heavy with bad cramps and I wanna pre-empt it...

I think they see too many patients, and been through too many different situations until they are numb.. But if u ask him questions, he will gladly answer.

Hi,

Tmr i shall know how many good ones. As far as i can rem got 5 on one side and 4 the other. But whether can retrieve or not he hasn't mentioned.

So from both of u, i think i have to be more proactive to ask qns.
Jeu,
when is ur ER?

Hi ladies,
I am going to start my cycle in July. Starting injection on 1st of July.
I have low AMH and high FSH. Any tips on what to eat or do to improve chances.
Any July IVF buddies?

Back