(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

i went to do my pap smear today... i was like the odd one odd - with heels,makeup, in a "normal" dress etc etc cos the rest are all the expectant mummies. did the visit to the clinic bring back lots of fond memories? yes. ttc again? thanks, but no thanks. not now at least.

Hi Ladies, long time no "talk"!

My boy has travelled overseas when he was 9, 11 and 16 months. We just came back from Perth.

The older it is, I find it more difficult to travel. When they are younger can survive solely on breastmilk, now they want food and becoming more picky, and yet they can't eat everything that we eat. Depends on where u are travelling to. I usually would bring my electric cooker and oats. Oats is his comfort food, so I would prep oats + fruits for him, so that there is still some routine in what he eats. When we are outside, he eats what we eats, though I try to avoid the sauces, and fried stuff. He loves bread so during the trip he had lots of bread.

I bought this to when we went Tokyo but the boy didn't like it. Guess general consensus is that the kids don't like it? He loves the wakodo biscuits though...

totally agreed .. the young the easier to travel ..

now travelling .. my gosh ... i think more tiring than working lolz

yes general consensus is they dun like

i also bought electric cooker .. provided the voltage is suitable .. ( thailand / HK ok )
for japan is a no no that is why i bought wakodo

i went to do my pap smear today... i was like the odd one odd - with heels,makeup, in a "normal" dress etc etc cos the rest are all the expectant mummies. did the visit to the clinic bring back lots of fond memories? yes. ttc again? thanks, but no thanks. not now at least.

for me i dun bother to go back to same gynae lolz .. i go see other gynae ( less queue) for pap smear lolz

iirc now if u go to some gp clinics for pap smear it is free or sth along those lines...
Yup - If you click on "Where to get screened", you will also see the clinics offering free pap smear till end-July

http://www.singaporecancersociety.org.sg/get-screened/cervical-cancer/pap-smear.html

@gammahedging, when u went to Dr Tham for pap smear, did he check anything else besides doing the pap smear? I missed my appt with him, am wondering whether to go back or just go to GP to do pap smear.

Yo yo yo ladies good da morning! Long time no talk! Hope everybody is doing well with their LOs. My son is driving me nuts! Lol. He's so active now, everyday from 8am to 7.30pm, it's full steam ahead - endless energy racing up n down the house at full speed, touching n checking out everything. Faint. Noisy too, gibbering n singing non stop. We just got back from a 3 wk trip to see grandma in Vegas, n visit his favorite Mickey at Disneyland. He had a blast, mummy almost dropped dead from exhaustion, lol. Doesn't help that I'm battling full day nausea cos I'm expecting #2, so battery level is practically at max 30% the whole day. Think this weekend we are going to throw him into the pool to burn off some of his energy. He doesn't seem to like water though, he screamed bloody murder when we brought him to swimming lessons earlier this year. Really got respect for my mum now, who can so patiently n lovingly jaga him the whole day every weekday. Really don't know what I would do without her!

Yup - If you click on "Where to get screened", you will also see the clinics offering free pap smear till end-July

http://www.singaporecancersociety.org.sg/get-screened/cervical-cancer/pap-smear.html

@gammahedging, when u went to Dr Tham for pap smear, did he check anything else besides doing the pap smear? I missed my appt with him, am wondering whether to go back or just go to GP to do pap smear.
He did an ultrasound for me. .and the standard questions like any problem with peeing ...pooing...sex...and his std pattern of poking fun at me

Last edited:
Yo yo yo ladies good da morning! Long time no talk! Hope everybody is doing well with their LOs. My son is driving me nuts! Lol. He's so active now, everyday from 8am to 7.30pm, it's full steam ahead - endless energy racing up n down the house at full speed, touching n checking out everything. Faint. Noisy too, gibbering n singing non stop. We just got back from a 3 wk trip to see grandma in Vegas, n visit his favorite Mickey at Disneyland. He had a blast, mummy almost dropped dead from exhaustion, lol. Doesn't help that I'm battling full day nausea cos I'm expecting #2, so battery level is practically at max 30% the whole day. Think this weekend we are going to throw him into the pool to burn off some of his energy. He doesn't seem to like water though, he screamed bloody murder when we brought him to swimming lessons earlier this year. Really got respect for my mum now, who can so patiently n lovingly jaga him the whole day every weekday. Really don't know what I would do without her!
Wow u are with no 2 liao !! I was "complaining" to my gynae that my DD is very naughty...drives me up the wall. Hence...don't even dare to think of another bb

Wow u are with no 2 liao !! I was "complaining" to my gynae that my DD is very naughty...drives me up the wall. Hence...don't even dare to think of another bb

Aiya u are still young mah, can slowly plan. I'm a 老马 remember, I don't have time on my side. It's now or never man! So so tired though, esp with such an active LO. Every night after I put him to bed at 7.30pm, I just shower n fall into a coma. Yes, I sleep at 8 plus every night. Seriously no life right? Lol.

Aiya u are still young mah, can slowly plan. I'm a 老马 remember, I don't have time on my side. It's now or never man! So so tired though, esp with such an active LO. Every night after I put him to bed at 7.30pm, I just shower n fall into a coma. Yes, I sleep at 8 plus every night. Seriously no life right? Lol.
life is nv the same with a kid...

hello everyone!

Esther, forumkiller not FB, its Whatsapp...haha

My Kendra should be going to CC this August! How's your mental preparation on getting No 1 for his p1 registration:?! :p
helo

how's everyone .. anyone already into #2 or #3 lolz

just did a quick search our thread is still the #1 in terms of post lolz

i guess nowaday mummies prefer FB group and sharing among themselve than sharing to generate public on forum lolz

FB is forum killer lolz

i have just registered my gal for pre nursery not long ago.. time flies .. she is going to school next year

congrats Bbcrips, how far along you are with your no2?

I also just went back for pap smear test with Dr Tham... he did mentioned if there's no issue with your menses and such... we can proceed to test pap smear outside....

hello everyone!

My Kendra should be going to CC this August! How's your mental preparation on getting No 1 for his p1 registration:?! :p

killing me ..

i just realised his school is not preparing him well for Pri 1 and he himself also the bo chap attitude ..

then dunno what school to register ..my area those are hot school .. where got chance to go in ( within 1km) then hot school means stressful .. dun think my boy character can handle lolz

hello everyone!

no lah FB kill slowly then whatsapp is the fatal blow lolz

killing me ..

i just realised his school is not preparing him well for Pri 1 and he himself also the bo chap attitude ..

then dunno what school to register ..my area those are hot school .. where got chance to go in ( within 1km) then hot school means stressful .. dun think my boy character can handle lolz

congrats hopefully the placenta will move up higher this round ;)

congrats hopefully the placenta will move up higher this round ;)

Thanks for remembering abt my last naughty placenta! Lol. At my last scan at 10 wks my Gynae said its right on top, so position sounds ok. For now I'm more concerned with all the tests, I'm only scheduled for my panorama at 14 wks, dunno why so late this time, hopefully everything turns out ok!

Congrats!! Rest well. U will gain back ur energy soon !!

hello everyone!

Hi hi!!

Mine started cc today. Although he is my 3rd kid.. but still feel very 不舍得 and lucky we are near the cc n on good terms with the teacher so we keep peeping at him .

No choice had to send him early as my ah ma Kenna stroke this cny. She was helping me look after him while I work initially. Now I have to juggle everything alone very siong !

N somemore my #1 going p1 next yr too!! Headache... which sch are u going to register ? July correct ? I have no idea how to choose a sch. My hubby says Juz chin cai choose 1 nearby will do.

what life .. it is no life already lolz

life belongs to them .. everything also surrounding them and no one else lolz
Sometimes when I get too overwhelm with all the juggling between work /3 kids / my ah ma/ hse work etc.

I do sit down n ponder if I get to turn back the time... would I give birth later / limit to 2 kids only ....

But no matter how I "consider" I still feel that I will still walk the same path. No regrets....

But a bit sian abt the "no life" ..... now finally #3 goes cc liao. Suddenly seems like a "burden" off me... I can go eat in peace, no need to fight a war or gobble down my food during meal times.... but funny the 不舍得feeling is so much stronger... n it suddenly struck me.... times flies!!!!

Hi hi!!

Mine started cc today. Although he is my 3rd kid.. but still feel very 不舍得 and lucky we are near the cc n on good terms with the teacher so we keep peeping at him .

No choice had to send him early as my ah ma Kenna stroke this cny. She was helping me look after him while I work initially. Now I have to juggle everything alone very siong !

N somemore my #1 going p1 next yr too!! Headache... which sch are u going to register ? July correct ? I have no idea how to choose a sch. My hubby says Juz chin cai choose 1 nearby will do.

same i also dunno what school to choose haiz ...which phase are you ? for me is 2C lor
my nearby is elite school .. i scare for him and myself cos hearsay the student sometime need to go back on weekend one .. totally no life

Sometimes when I get too overwhelm with all the juggling between work /3 kids / my ah ma/ hse work etc.

I do sit down n ponder if I get to turn back the time... would I give birth later / limit to 2 kids only ....

But no matter how I "consider" I still feel that I will still walk the same path. No regrets....

But a bit sian abt the "no life" ..... now finally #3 goes cc liao. Suddenly seems like a "burden" off me... I can go eat in peace, no need to fight a war or gobble down my food during meal times.... but funny the 不舍得feeling is so much stronger... n it suddenly struck me.... times flies!!!!
Last week when I went for my pap smear my gyn and I were talking abt having no 2. I was saying ...well I feel there are also advantages to having 1 child..ya so while he was collecting the cells etc we were debating loll

no lah FB kill slowly then whatsapp is the fatal blow lolz

killing me ..

ya lor... MFS also up their pace to teach my elder one more things in the past half year... have maths, science experiments...

Last week when I went for my pap smear my gyn and I were talking abt having no 2. I was saying ...well I feel there are also advantages to having 1 child..ya so while he was collecting the cells etc we were debating loll

Yes there are pros and cons with having just one kiddo... but as your elder one starts to go to cc... you will be more inclined to have no 2...

same i also dunno what school to choose haiz ...which phase are you ? for me is 2C lor
my nearby is elite school .. i scare for him and myself cos hearsay the student sometime need to go back on weekend one .. totally no life

phase 2c lorr.... no affiliation ... i have st hilda as the most prestigious one, going to try that... the other 3 are normal schools

and when they have kids, ur life "flies away" again? :cool:
only if you volunteer to look after grandchild

phase 2c lorr.... no affiliation ... i have st hilda as the most prestigious one, going to try that... the other 3 are normal schools
mine is nan chiau .. but i scared leh i dun think my son can take it .. now ask him do homework .. i can scream like mad woman and he still take his own sweet time ... to do and dream .. this kind of attitude how to handle nan chiau lolz
ya lor... MFS also up their pace to teach my elder one more things in the past half year... have maths, science experiments...
not bad my one still very relax ...i meant school .. teach maths but hanyu haben start my gosh

only if you volunteer to look after grandchild

mine is nan chiau .. but i scared leh i dun think my son can take it .. now ask him do homework .. i can scream like mad woman and he still take his own sweet time ... to do and dream .. this kind of attitude how to handle nan chiau lolz

not bad my one still very relax ...i meant school .. teach maths but hanyu haben start my gosh
hanyupinyin...dun think mfs will teach in K2... i read this is taught in P1 2nd half...

Same.. 2c... I have alot of sch around my area. But I will be moving in 3-4yrs time also.... so not sure wanna get sch near my new bto or near my current flat .. haizz

Same.. 2c... I have alot of sch around my area. But I will be moving in 3-4yrs time also.... so not sure wanna get sch near my new bto or near my current flat .. haizz

if 3-4 years then no point choose near the BTO

if within next 1-2 year then near better

Thanks mummies. Glad to hear it's normal to drink less for Jan babies. I tot it's time my menses is returning and the milk taste change so baby reject my milk..

Ladies, do u have any recommendations for sticker labels for uniforms etc? My boy is going childcare in July, so need to start tagging his items!

Back