IVF/ICSI Support Group

I think I have Crinone build up! The day after I stopped Crinone, I was so shocked to get a big clump of Crinone coming out of me. Sorry TMI!!! But anyone experienced that before? Cos I didn't last time so a bit of a shocker now lol! We are not supposed to clean it and just let it come out itself right?
hi, its normal to have the residue flowing out or dropping out as the inserts are alot

I think I have Crinone build up! The day after I stopped Crinone, I was so shocked to get a big clump of Crinone coming out of me. Sorry TMI!!! But anyone experienced that before? Cos I didn't last time so a bit of a shocker now lol! We are not supposed to clean it and just let it come out itself right?
hi, its normal to have the residue flowing out or dropping out as the inserts are alot
Now that I see the area whr I jab, there seems to be brusing. Anyone also lik that?
ohh... did u have blood coming out after u pull out the jab? or you kept poking in same area? as long as u can see some blood, the area will likely to be bruised.

For those sisters who are going through the HSG scan please share your experience yah.. i am due for 1 in Sept... Don't know what to expect.. :(

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, sorry cannot reply one by one.

It's bittersweet yesterday, one part of me sad cos it didn't happen but another part happy that I can carry my 15kg son after two weeks of telling him I cannot carry when he asked me to. I carried my son and told him that now I can carry him because there's no baby embryo anymore in the tumtum and he suddenly became queit and hugged me tightly. He's so looking forward to have little siblings so I'm gonna be strong and will hopefully achieve that dream for him!
I did cried it out at the end of the day especially after seeing my son's reaction but I sure felt better after that. :)

Will update on the next step once I meet my doctor on Monday! :)
Have a good weekend everyone!

Big hugs to you dear.

Hi ladies, I'm new to this forum but have been silently reading your posts during the 2ww. Thanks for all your sharing! It was really encouraging reading all your posts. I just completed my first IVF cycle with NUH. The results were pretty poor, I ended up having only one embryo to transfer, the remaining 4 embryos retrieved didn't make it. Of course I was so hoping the 8 cell embryo would be THE one but just got results of my beta hcg test today and it was a bfn. This was despite trying to make pretty positive changes to my lifestyle and diet and even taking supplements like conceive well which supposedly has things like coenzyme q10. Sigh.

Pretty disappointed and crushed. I'm due to see the doctor to review my cycle in 2 weeks. Just wondering for you ladies with experience, how long did you all wait between cycles? I was thinking of trying tcm for a few months and just take a break before trying again. Any tips or advice?

Hi dear, sorry to hear the news, we all feel for you. Dont worry, be positive. Cry if u have to, it will make you feel better. I had my 2nd IVF fresh cycle ending in failure, didnt even make it to ET stage due to poor egg quality. Didnt survive fertilsation.

Between my 1st and 2nd failed IVF i took a break and did after 4 months. For my 3rd IVF fresh i will be starting somewhere after my July cycle. Good to have a 1-2 cycle break before starting.

For those sisters who are going through the HSG scan please share your experience yah.. i am due for 1 in Sept... Don't know what to expect.. :(
Its a very fast simple procedure..Tink abt 5mins.Roughly they will be injecting dye inside guided tracing thru seeing ur fallopian tube esp see if its blocked.And there will be multiple xrays on going.U just folow their instructions Turning left right as dey xray..Post procedure for me i experienced nuting except period like mild cramps.In between procedure also mild cramps...What i did just took panadol 30mins before.Lol.

Its a very fast simple procedure..Tink abt 5mins.Roughly they will be injecting dye inside guided tracing thru seeing ur fallopian tube esp see if its blocked.And there will be multiple xrays on going.U just folow their instructions Turning left right as dey xray..Post procedure for me i experienced nuting except period like mild cramps.In between procedure also mild cramps...What i did just took panadol 30mins before.Lol.

Ya. Its lik gettin crampy feeling. Prob u nd to rest n sit a while in hosp b4 heading home.

During our stimulation stage, beside longan red dates tea, can we still drink mint tea, pu er tea,?
If I were you, I would just take 1-2 sips of pu-er and mint tea. In TCM, it's said that it's best not to drink too much tea cos it's "sharp" and "cooling". I am not a true believer of TCM, but I would not want to challenge that finding too.

If I were you, I would just take 1-2 sips of pu-er and mint tea. In TCM, it's said that it's best not to drink too much tea cos it's "sharp" and "cooling". I am not a true believer of TCM, but I would not want to challenge that finding too.
Think I will drink only after whole procedure is done, haha.

Haha, maybe no chance cos after the whole procedure, you will get a BFP and all the more you shouldn't touch tea, maybe until the fetus is stable. Just bear with it :)
Haha, maybe no chance cos after the whole procedure, you will get a BFP and all the more you shouldn't touch tea, maybe until the fetus is stable. Just bear with it :)
So we can only drink longan tea and water but nothing else :(

So we can only drink longan tea and water but nothing else :(

Best to avoid tea as it is cooling. Red dates is a warming drink, recommended by TCM as it warms the womb. Red bean soup and some sisters here said soya bean milk to build healthy lining.. I'm drinking red date tea daily, a lot of water, and also red bean soup on alternate days, plus black chicken soup occasionally, until FET in July

soya milk ...?
I heard that we should not take any soy products throughout IVF cycle, not sure if this is true or not. I do drink lotsa of hot/warm water from dehydration as well. But I find myself after the jab, it make me feel like no appetite, ladies, do you have that symptom or not.

I heard that we should not take any soy products throughout IVF cycle, not sure if this is true or not. I do drink lotsa of hot/warm water from dehydration as well. But I find myself after the jab, it make me feel like no appetite, ladies, do you have that symptom or not.
I swear by soya milk for the building up of lining. So long as it's in moderation, 1 cup per day, it should be fine. I have no idea why you mentioned you should not take any soy products through IVF cycle. Perhaps you would like to share with us your thoughts.

I swear by soya milk for the building up of lining. So long as it's in moderation, 1 cup per day, it should be fine. I have no idea why you mentioned you should not take any soy products through IVF cycle. Perhaps you would like to share with us your thoughts.
Gal I think soy not good for those who already have excessive estrogen ba. Like Me got endo adeno I was told to avoid soy. But I saw yr post on getting lining thickness soy helped so I took alt days. Lining got thick but I cud feel my womb swell is there. So maybe that's y lor. Think soy also feeds fibroids...got some sisters mentioned before. For normal ppl shud be ok I guess.

Gal I think soy not good for those who already have excessive estrogen ba. Like Me got endo adeno I was told to avoid soy. But I saw yr post on getting lining thickness soy helped so I took alt days. Lining got thick but I cud feel my womb swell is there. So maybe that's y lor. Think soy also feeds fibroids...got some sisters mentioned before. For normal ppl shud be ok I guess.

Oh I dun realised tt have endo should avoid drinking soya milk (1 of my fav drinks)...now I think I better cut down on tt den...

Is there any other food/drink I should look out for too? I only know chicken (esp the wings ) should avoid aso....

Hi ladies,

Anyone here taken letrozole before? Can I ask why the need for blood test on D21 and does it shorten the cycle or duration of cycle will remain largely the same?

Thanks in advance!

I do have endometrial hyperplasia last yr so don't think soy products are suitable for me, am PCO too , surgery to remove quite a number of cysts last yr... Terrible feeling

Last edited:
Hi ladies,

Anyone here taken letrozole before? Can I ask why the need for blood test on D21 and does it shorten the cycle or duration of cycle will remain largely the same?

Thanks in advance!
I took before for natural fet to ovulate. Made cycle shorter. Cd 21 bt is to ensure you ovulated.

But im halfway thru jabs. Scan tis fri..im worried its uti cz I jz recovered..bt I didnt complete the antibotic cz started ivf alrdy. Scare it might complicate..
Oh yrs is like the uti urge ar....I tot it's like bloated and urge to pee. I read that preggy women are given uti meds and anti biotics if needed and they r safe. So am not sure if u shud complete yr course or not le.

Oh yrs is like the uti urge ar....I tot it's like bloated and urge to pee. I read that preggy women are given uti meds and anti biotics if needed and they r safe. So am not sure if u shud complete yr course or not le.

I would want to pee more freq than usual though. Not feelin bloated though..prob I chk wif the hosp whn I go scan

I don't take milk, butter or cheese as I got lactose intolerance since young, I hate milo, nestum too, sound pathetic right. Of cos, will try to take more proteins from veg/animal la.........
I didn't take any coffee and tea throughout my IVF procedure. I avoid tea and cold drinks but take small sips of coffee while in first trimester.

You can take isotonic water, orange, apple or veg juice (not cold, I used slow juicer)? I guess it's small sacrifice if it can increase our chance to get pregnant.. All the best!!

And all the best to all who are trying!!

Chix cannot eat?

Not say cannot eat but I try to avoid ( how I miss my KFC..ha) cos of a chef friend told me chix usually inject with hormones (make them grow so fast to keep up with supply)...

And the area chix kena inject is on the wings...I will not want to "feed" my cyst to bigger size or more cyst lor...

Hi all, silent reader here..Am undergoing my first cycle of IVF at KKH after 2 failed IUI and lots and lots of clomid rounds. I have PCOS too. Reading all your posts has really helped me keep sane.

I just want to ask sth.. today is my day 11 of stims. But today I woke up with a horrible throat and I can feel flu-like symptoms coming on as I am starting to sneeze and have slight runny nose already. Will the cycle be cancelled if I am sick? I'm so worried..

Hi all, silent reader here..Am undergoing my first cycle of IVF at KKH after 2 failed IUI and lots and lots of clomid rounds. I have PCOS too. Reading all your posts has really helped me keep sane.

I just want to ask sth.. today is my day 11 of stims. But today I woke up with a horrible throat and I can feel flu-like symptoms coming on as I am starting to sneeze and have slight runny nose already. Will the cycle be cancelled if I am sick? I'm so worried..
Gal try to go and get pregnancy safe meds from GP or gynea. Last yr I had the same during stim and when I went to kk for scan I told the doc I was having flu. She prescribed meds for me and I recovered before ER. Don't wait.

Would like to check did any of you use feminine wash to wash the area while preparing for cycle or during tww and beyond. I have v sensitive skin. And yest like start to itch abit at night. I don't want to kenna infection so wondering if these external wash are safe. An not going to douge. Just exterior.

i was sick during my 1st cycle. but i just had a bad throat. if your breathing is affected, the doctor administering the GA will have second thoughts on proceeding. Best to check with your doctor.

Would like to check did any of you use feminine wash to wash the area while preparing for cycle or during tww and beyond. I have v sensitive skin. And yest like start to itch abit at night. I don't want to kenna infection so wondering if these external wash are safe. An not going to douge. Just exterior.
i do and i continued to use it for all my 4 cycles. I didnt think much of it ... i guess as long as exterior it should be ok.

Hi... I have PCOS too... Try many many round of clomid (Even till 4 pills) no result at all.... However i skip the IUI and go straight to IVF....
Started my IVF journey with KKH and has gone through a long stim as the egg don't seems to be growing till the right size....
In the end doctor does not recommend for transfer as the stim was too long ....
Now i had just done the embryo transfer... and now on the 2WW....

Hows the status of your egg size ? The egg size have to reach a certain size before they will arrange for Egg Retrieval....
Maybe you can try to get yourself well during this wait....

Hi everyone! I had my review yesterday and we are ready to go for another fresh cycle in 2 menses cycles time. So my next cycle could be mid or end of July.

Asked my gynae, Dr Stephen Chew, why the Ivf failed this time and he said there's 50% chance of chromosomes abnormalities and hence our body will auto reject it. Which is the normally the same case for early miscarriages too.

I'm gonna be on a short protocol for the upcoming cycle and also going to do another round of endo scratch.

My menses is here today like after 6 days of stopping progesterone and I'm so glad I'm on medical leave! Cos it's quite heavy.

Jiayou everyone!

Back