I dislike my twin2 ..is it post natal depression?

mrandmrsh

During pregancy, it was joyful as i was with gb twin. It was a planned pregnancy and my husband and myself wanted children so much after many years of infertility.

after babies were borned, they changed my life. My girl twin is always the happy one smiling and such. But my twin boy was the opposite. He is the grouchy one most of the times and when it comes to meal times esp, he will be so difficult to feed. He is extremely picky eater and today he threw up the spaghetti i made for dinner along with milk. I was soooooo sooooo angry that i slapped his cheek and screamed at him!! Then my husband took him and cared for him after. I told my hb that i don't want to see him or hear him for the rest of the night.

This is not the first time i am angry with him that i smack him. I didnt plan to hit him but he made me really angry that i feel i had to i feel the instant gratification at once but felt a tad bad afterwards of course and told myself that i cannot do that. But the cycle comes again and i did the same thing. I feel horrible. I am exhausted taking care of 2 babies for almost a year now as i am not working and all alone at home that i feel like just jump and kill myself and them.

is there any medication that i can take to make me feel better?

U have to learn to destress, dont cope urself at home with the kids. Any plans to go back into the work force? If not, maybe u shld discuss with ur hubby/family. Plan ahead, get the best help if possible from family if having a helper if not an option. It actually makes no difference, whether is twins or jus 2 or 3 kids. Is jus that they have different personality, and u / or even everyone would prefer to play n interact with the more cheerful child.
When they grow up, another couple of years, there will be more changes. Esp so if they start going to school, and interacting with more people. Try to open up and dont bottle up. Anger is normal, but i wont recommend u to use ur hand on ur boy. Mayb next time when u r angry, close ur eyes, think.... Or jus walk away for a short moment.

Agreed. @TS - do think about taking a break. You are not in this whole thing alone. Try to tap into your support group, be it fellow moms, family, relatives or friends. You would be surprised at how happy people are willing to help!

i don't have a helper and they dun go to childcare. As finances are tight. And no, i don't intend to go back work anytime soon as i want to take care of my children myself. Like today it's nice and they are sleeping soundly now. It's up and down. I have spoken to my husband. He will be taking leave and taking care while i go out for a while somedays soon..thanks for your listening ears

Hope you r feeling better. I guess u r dbl stress with taking care of ur twins single handedly. Really shd consider having a break every week week. (Even maids have 1 off day) u can also bring them out for walks and not cope urslf at home with the endless housework. Outdoors really do wonders.. if bringing 2 kiddos is too taxing, invite ur close frds or relatives to "visit" so u can have ppl to tok to and divert attention. If you have too much things to take care of, priorities ur task and do those that's more urgent and impt ones first.

A happy mummy = happy baby. Jia you and enjoy ur motherhood :)

Back