BD on the day OPK show positive

nephele

Hello all,

I think I'm dying or too anxious to have to wait for 2 weeks before I can go for pregnancy test!

I'm on Letrozole since my period is irregular. After my period is over, I've been using OPK to test for ovulation.
My sequence of events are like this:

Period start 3/4 and lasted on the 7/4. On day 2 of the period, I took Letrozole for the next 5 days as prescribed by the doctor.

On 7/4 onward, I've been using OPK to test for sign of ovulation. From 7/4 to 14/4 it was negative.

On 15/4 OPK showed positive. Thus we BD for the next 2 consecutive days (15/4 and 16/4). Although I was told we should do it for at least 3 consecutive days, but hubby too tired and thus did not make it. But we make up for it the day after (18/4).

On 19/4 I test OPK again and it showed negative.

We did not BD thereafter as we are extremely tired.

It has been 8 days since 15/4 and other than mild cramp and light headache.. I dont really feel anything different.

So ladies, what do you think of my chances?

No, unfortunately.. am so disappointed.. sigh :(

My menses came on 2nd May, exactly 28 days !!!!! So unreal, as my menses usually is irregular..and to have it on the exact cycle, I suspect it was due to Letrozole!

Sigh we wonder how come we were not successful at this attempt since we time it pretty well.??!

Now I'm in my second cycle of Letrozole.. and I really hope this time round we got it...

TTC is soooo frustrating and tiring..

How about you?

I see.. sorry to hear abt that. But on a positive note.. this shows u O.. so u r able to get your period on time rite? This is my 2nd cycle and my 1st cycle totally gone wrong and time wasted.

I was put on 2.5mg letrozole for day and nite 1 pill as instructed by KKH. And no monitoring at all. But end up I am taking it wrongly! Becos my menses is 1wk overdue and no sign of menses with neg test. So i went to my own raffles gynae for a scan.. i didnt O at all. And i am suppose to take the pills together.. not day and nite..

So he induce my period and we decided to up to 7.5mg. Meaning 3 pills a day for day 3-7. Which i have not heard other ladies doing 7.5mg. But popular in UK.. so.. on day 11 i went in to scan.. i have 1 16mm follicles. i manage to get positive O on day 13 nite.. nw.. i am in my 2ww. Friday going back gynae for review.

I have been seeing tcm and doing temperature measurement. So i temperature looking good and hope it wont drop till i got my menses next week.

Jiayou ok. God have the plan in hand.

U know regarding Letrozole.. I don't know we need to take the tablet at 1 go! I read from the label, it said take 1 tablet 2 times a day! So I thought 1 at morning, 1 night!

Anyway, I took 2 tablets at one go every morning from day 2 to day 5 as I worried I may have forgotten to take it later in the evening. Thanks goodness, it turned out to be a correct way to consume the tablet!

Do you use OPK? Sometimes I wonder how accurate is this. I started to chart my temperature every morning now. I'm on day 8... and I will be starting to test with OPK tonight until day 14..

Sigh.. ugghh..i really hope we succeed this time...... :(

BTW are you trying it for your first child? For me, we are trying for number 2...

Wow.. u get it rite! I sua ku follow blindly wasted almost 2 mths of time.
Yes.. i use opk from day11 till 13. Then who knws day 13 i got the darkest line ever. So we did the deed. Next day i test again. . Opk is negative. So.. nw im in my 2 weeks wait. Hopefully fri can do a blood test and tell.. i will be day26 on fri.. my raffles gynae advice to test morning and nite. So u can test from day 10 and wont miss the timing.

Last edited:
I see.. sorry to hear abt that. But on a positive note.. this shows u O.. so u r able to get your period on time rite? This is my 2nd cycle and my 1st cycle totally gone wrong and time wasted.

I was put on 2.5mg letrozole for day and nite 1 pill as instructed by KKH. And no monitoring at all. But end up I am taking it wrongly! Becos my menses is 1wk overdue and no sign of menses with neg test. So i went to my own raffles gynae for a scan.. i didnt O at all. And i am suppose to take the pills together.. not day and nite..

So he induce my period and we decided to up to 7.5mg. Meaning 3 pills a day for day 3-7. Which i have not heard other ladies doing 7.5mg. But popular in UK.. so.. on day 11 i went in to scan.. i have 1 16mm follicles. i manage to get positive O on day 13 nite.. nw.. i am in my 2ww. Friday going back gynae for review.

I have been seeing tcm and doing temperature measurement. So i temperature looking good and hope it wont drop till i got my menses next week.

Jiayou ok. God have the plan in hand.
Same here i had letrozole and and if the following mth af reports means i have ovulated.

For me, 2.5mg day and 2.5mg night when i need to take 5mg. This is what i remb if i m correct.

But still have not succeed also.
In my 2ww and is dpo13 today. Fx

Lucks to u ladies too!

Hello!! I'm also using OPK. But what's very confusing is how to time the BD. I've read articles that says before if OPK shows positives, try to time the BD like 18hours later? When OPK shows positive, it doesn't mean we will ovulate today. it's only the LH surging. And egg will only be released 18-24hrs later. I've also been trying to TTC since Feb. Even stock up on the OPKS and pregnancy test kit. But always disappointment. Is now waiting for one more week for my menses date. So far I just lightheaded occassionally and currently feeling the breast is tender and sore. Don't dare to have any hopes high as I've experienced the same symptoms last month. It's actually my PMS. So now the question is, when should we start to BD after OPK shows peak?

Actually OPK is not foolproof! OPK will come handy if you have regular menses I think. If you've irregular menses, it is rather hard to test but that does not mean no hope. You need to include other factors such as charting your temperature and checking your cervical mucus. At least that is what I do.

I've irregular menses and because of Letrozole, my menses seems to be on a perfect cycle, at least for my past cycle.

Usually, I will take chance.. i will start using OPK on day 8..if its turn out to be negative and my cervical mucus is thick and not watery and I do not feel 'horny' I will stop using OPK until few days later. I will start using again if I feel something going to happen.. For this you need to understand and listen to your body...

It turns out to be quite accurate when I test on the day when I feel right, OPK is positive.

Since I've missed my chance the last cycle, I'm quite kiasu now.. 1 day before OPK turns positive, we BD on that day, the following day OPK showed positive, we BD for the next 3 days .. to cover all possibilities!! That is really provided my guesstimate on my big O day is accurate! Cross fingers.

I've until tonight to finish the deed for 4 consecutive days!! Gosh.. so tiring.. and so not enjoying.. !!

After tonight, I will monitor my CM again and the level of hornyness.. haha if you know what I mean. I think this is part of human anatomy .. ! if you are about to O, you tend to feel 'horny'...

So I suggest, BD before OPK turns positive.. and BD the next consecutive days even if OPK turns negative..

BTW OPK doesn't come cheap.. but you need to invest for 2 cycles.. or more if necessary to understand the pattern of your cycle with OPK.. You can use a handphone apps to help you to record whatever you need so that you can understand the pattern of your cycle...

I don't remember how much I've spent on this.. I'm using Clear blue with the smiley on it if its positive..

Good luck.. after tonight.. I can rest at least for few days.. ....

Hahahaha... Wow... That's really very hardworking.. Everyday..
Yes. I agree it's really super tiring. And i guess we've not been working hard enough though. Past few months, once OPK shows positive, we only BD like once? Until like the last OPK positive in May, we BD like twice. Once in afternoon, then test OPK 4hours later and it shows positive. After that BD again that same night. And ever since then, no more BD for the next 1.5 weeks (until today). So i'm like in the waiting period. Waiting to see any morning sickness or any other feelings. But all i got was a heartburn feeling. Reflux. Haha!

Yeah.. I got the clearblue OPK too. With the smiley face. But so far i've tested, it's always showing O(Low fertility). And when the day arrives, it will suddenly show peak fertility. (Non flashing smiley) I have not seen any flashing smileys before. (Meaning high fertilty). Very weird.

And one more thing, when i read the instructions on the Clearblue OPK, it says test in the morning first urine. During my 1st month of testing, every morning is always showing O, until i find it weird. Because according to the hp apps, it's supposed to be the day. So i test again in the evening, it suddenly shows peak. (means i used 2 sticks on the same day)

Do you test it in the morning on your first pee? Or test it in the afternoons? I've read many articles before that says ovulation will only happen in the afternoon. Between 2pm - 8pm?

Good luck to you!!! Hope you already got it!!!

Hi ladies,

I jus came across this SMEP thingy on website.. Jus wanna share with u guys, although I haven't try it yet, but v excited to try it out this cycle..
I jus had a miscarriage a month ago, and waiting for my period to come and chance upon this SMEP plan. Pls goggle it if u are free. It basically says on ur first full flown mensus it's counted as CD1, then BD on Cd8, cd10, and goes on. On CD 10 start daily opk until positive and bd on this day and consecutive 2 days, skip 1 day and BD again..
I think this method is to stock up sperm inside to prepare for ovulation.. What u guys think?

HI Susu! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :( I think it's harmless to give it a try. I will go read about this also.

Today I'm already 3 days late on my menses. I've never been late for menses before. But when i tested with the clearblue digital today, it shows negative. The package says you can test up to 4 days earlier before a missed period!

I am very confused. I do not have any pregnancy signs except that I am feeling dizzy and lightheaded all the time. And yet I also do not have any symptoms of AF coming. Very stress and scared

HI Susu! Sorry to hear about your miscarriage. :( I think it's harmless to give it a try. I will go read about this also.

Today I'm already 3 days late on my menses. I've never been late for menses before. But when i tested with the clearblue digital today, it shows negative. The package says you can test up to 4 days earlier before a missed period!

I am very confused. I do not have any pregnancy signs except that I am feeling dizzy and lightheaded all the time. And yet I also do not have any symptoms of AF coming. Very stress and scared
Oh... Maybe got good news..
Stress also maybe cos period to come late, it happened to me before. But I still wish u got good news.
I'm trying smep this cycle.. Will update here will there is any good news.. Do share ur good news here too :)

Yeah mayb it's good news!! I wish I hv the symptoms too..sigh don't think I'm successful this time round..

Good luck everyone!!

Today did another clearblue digital and still showing negative. Menses still have not come. Already late 5 days. I've never been this late before. At most is only one day. Very confused now. People says clearblue digital is most reliable. If I'm really not pregnant, I hope my menses can come quickly so I can prepare to try for next cycle. This waiting game is driving me crazy

Today did another clearblue digital and still showing negative. Menses still have not come. Already late 5 days. I've never been this late before. At most is only one day. Very confused now. People says clearblue digital is most reliable. If I'm really not pregnant, I hope my menses can come quickly so I can prepare to try for next cycle. This waiting game is driving me crazy

Do you feel pregnant or do you have any pregnancy symptoms? Perhaps you should have a check with your gynae.

My period is late too for few days now. But then I always have irregular until I'd Letrozole that my period seems to be in a perfect cycle. I do not have any pregnancy symptoms neither I'm feeling pregnant :(

I guess i will just have to wait for my menses to come..

Good luck!!

Hi ladies,

I jus came across this SMEP thingy on website.. Jus wanna share with u guys, although I haven't try it yet, but v excited to try it out this cycle..
I jus had a miscarriage a month ago, and waiting for my period to come and chance upon this SMEP plan. Pls goggle it if u are free. It basically says on ur first full flown mensus it's counted as CD1, then BD on Cd8, cd10, and goes on. On CD 10 start daily opk until positive and bd on this day and consecutive 2 days, skip 1 day and BD again..
I think this method is to stock up sperm inside to prepare for ovulation.. What u guys think?

I read about this SMEP too...sigh.. this TTC-ing is sooooo frustrated and draining...

Right now I just have to wait for my next cycle.. really god know when my menses will come .. :(

Today is already day 6 of my late menses. So far i only feel lightedness and occassional giddiness. And no other signs like sore breast, nausea, ms, etc etc. So i do not know what to think. Maybe it could be my imagination makes me think i am giddy or maybe weather is too hot or whatsoever. It happened that 2 weeks ago i went to my gynae for pap smear + ultrasound checkup. it happened to be one day before the supposingly implantation day? So far gynae didn't see anything. Gynae say it will show after week 6. Anyway, i really could not make out whether am i pregnant now, with the 3 false negatives? 2 clearblue digital and 1 normal brand. Or am I really not pregnant. It's just missing a menses cycle. how many days are you late now? Have u tested yet? Pray Pray u will get a BFP :)

Today is already day 6 of my late menses. So far i only feel lightedness and occassional giddiness. And no other signs like sore breast, nausea, ms, etc etc. So i do not know what to think. Maybe it could be my imagination makes me think i am giddy or maybe weather is too hot or whatsoever. It happened that 2 weeks ago i went to my gynae for pap smear + ultrasound checkup. it happened to be one day before the supposingly implantation day? So far gynae didn't see anything. Gynae say it will show after week 6. Anyway, i really could not make out whether am i pregnant now, with the 3 false negatives? 2 clearblue digital and 1 normal brand. Or am I really not pregnant. It's just missing a menses cycle. how many days are you late now? Have u tested yet? Pray Pray u will get a BFP :)

Sometimes its all in the mind...as we want it sooo badly to get that BFP...!!!

The only way to confirm is to do a scan?

I'm only 2 days late. I've tested it but its negative... sianzzz...

Anyway I've started to monitor my BBT this cycle. Did you do the BBT? What is your resting temperature i.e. no ovulation?

Wish you luck and to get that BFP TOOOO!!!! Jia You.. :)

Hello!! I'm also using OPK. But what's very confusing is how to time the BD. I've read articles that says before if OPK shows positives, try to time the BD like 18hours later? When OPK shows positive, it doesn't mean we will ovulate today. it's only the LH surging. And egg will only be released 18-24hrs later. I've also been trying to TTC since Feb. Even stock up on the OPKS and pregnancy test kit. But always disappointment. Is now waiting for one more week for my menses date. So far I just lightheaded occassionally and currently feeling the breast is tender and sore. Don't dare to have any hopes high as I've experienced the same symptoms last month. It's actually my PMS. So now the question is, when should we start to BD after OPK shows peak?

Sharing what I'd read and tested when swaying for a boy in 2009. Dun really have to do everyday. It's too exhausting and "unhealthy" if just do for the sake :)
Light opk on 27 Mar (night)
Dark opk on 28Mar (morning - babydance)
Skipped a day on 29 Mar
30 Mar (night - babydance)
13 Apr bfp and I'd a boy

Sharing what I'd read and tested when swaying for a boy in 2009. Dun really have to do everyday. It's too exhausting and "unhealthy" if just do for the sake :)
Light opk on 27 Mar (night)
Dark opk on 28Mar (morning - babydance)
Skipped a day on 29 Mar
30 Mar (night - babydance)
13 Apr bfp and I'd a boy
Wow!! Only babydance twice and got a BFP! Congrats!! I BD twice on the day the OPK shows a smiley. Still no news :(

Hi ladies... Just curious, has anyone tried Clomid before? I am also ttcing but swaying for a boy. Been tracking my o but period kinda haywire so its pretty difficult.

Hi, after HCG injection, the test on the ovulation test kit was still negative the next days and two days after. Using the Guardian brand ovulation test - is this normal? Thanks

Back