2016/07 July babies

Hi, yes, Dr Teoh is the anesthetian. Mine was a last minute call back for her so I supposed its more ex, $1350 (she arrived in 20min in the wee hours of the morning).

Hi, food was average. My current confinement lady definitely cooks much much better esp the fish and vege dishes. If your elders are strict on your confinement diet, they will definitely frown on some dishes eg. Cabbage, chicken and egg dishes for c sec mummies, type of fish served to you etc.

My second time in TMC so stay is fine for me, both times on level 5.

My all in bill, plus bb as well, is around $11k for premier single room price, three nights stay for c sec.

You can use your medisave to pay part of it cos cash outlay is about $5k plus.

Thanks for your info

Hi mummies, anyone start to buy diaper for new born? Saw some promotion going on, but don't know how many packet should buy.

Hi mummies, anyone start to buy diaper for new born? Saw some promotion going on, but don't know how many packet should buy.

Hi, based on my past experience, I didnt buy this time as I received some from hospital and some from the hampers people gave. Also, if your baby is at least 3.5kg, they will outgrow the NB size quite fast, especially if you buy brands like GOON.

Therefore, its advisable to buy along the way as your baby grows.

Yea I have bought 1 packet of new born size. Never buy more as I don't know the brand suit my baby or not.

My sis helped me buy diaper a pack of 40 I think. Bbs need to trial and error different brands so don't buy one shot so many. Even milk bottles I have a few brands passdown. I start off with one brand first with set of new teats. If my bb doesn't like it then I would need to explore other brands.

ImageUploadedByForum1464399921.958262.jpg

Hi is this a good list to refer to?

I'm 34weeks and my bff popped her two boys at 36/37weeks I better pack soon!

@redvel - the list is pretty good, just rem to exclude the stuff that the hospital will be providing. Bottles and formula also don't need. Don't forget marriage certificate if you intend to register the birth during your stay.

@verluv - thanks for sharing on HL plan. So you've officially started your long leave liao, nice!! Have a wonderful break before baby arrives.

@redvel wow your bff popped her boy at weeks 36/37.. Oh no .. Coz my gynae going oversea and my next appt with him is 3 weeks later which is week 36. *fingercross*

Well noted Tuna. So the marriage cert must be original? Haha I'm thinking hard where I kept the original.

Emk, ya I'm so not ready if 36weeks. I need more me time. Heh.

Redvel ya I'm not ready too haha still wanna enjoy more me time Haha I try to catch as many movie as I can now :p for the next one yr may not get to go cinema :(

Hi mummies, im letting go a medela pump in style advanced that's lightly used for 3 mths during my maternity leave stay home.. PM me if you are interested. Tks :)

Last edited:
Wow emk I think you will have a big bb since yours is 2.48kg at 33 weeks. I will be weighing mine tmr n will update again. Not sure will hit 2 kg or not. I'm 34 weeks tmr.
And yes I'm officially on long leave now. A lot of things to do these few weeks coz I think I will pop ard 37 weeks too..
I haven pack my hospital bag n wash bb clothes. Going to bring those clothes out to wash.. Quite lazy to pack my hospital bag coz tmc gives quite comprehensive things liao.. No urgency yet.

Oh ya and I think the next most impt thing to do for me is to look for good massage lady. Do u all have any good recommendation who is not too expensive?

@verluv yea my gynae also said my bb quite big, his weight always more than ideal weight haha my gynae said I likely to pop early July between 5-7 July.

Seeing my gynae in a few hours time. Any mummies put on CTG yet? I'm coming 35weeks and will start one later. I read that it also monitors your Braxton hick. To be honest i don't even know if I have it.

I've packed most of the stuff for hospital bag. I'm never a light traveller so the luggage also quite big heh.

My booked masseur charges 750 for 10 sessions. I doubt it's cheap-cheap but highly recommended so just take lor.

@redvel yea I did CTG before as I don't feel my baby movement on that day so my gynae ask me to do CTG, just lay down on the bed with a belt attach and it will monitor baby heart beat and kicking. Mine is 45mins

I've packed most of the stuff for hospital bag. I'm never a light traveller so the luggage also quite big heh.

My booked masseur charges 750 for 10 sessions. I doubt it's cheap-cheap but highly recommended so just take lor.
Hi what did u put in the bag? Mine only has the cord life box, 1 set of baby and my gong home clothes, disposable undies and marriage cert.....like not much things hor

Have done ctg twice coz of spotting issues

Hi what did u put in the bag? Mine only has the cord life box, 1 set of baby and my gong home clothes, disposable undies and marriage cert.....like not much things hor

Have done ctg twice coz of spotting issues
Lol looks like I'm a kiasu FTM. I followed almost this list. Some that hospital provides I don't pack.

Gynae told me the CTG session will be 20mins. Will see if there's any distress to my bb.

Lol looks like I'm a kiasu FTM. I followed almost this list. Some that hospital provides I don't pack.

Gynae told me the CTG session will be 20mins. Will see if there's any distress to my bb.
This list that I posted couple of days ago.
ImageUploadedByForum1464572769.890375.jpg

@Grateful2014 Thanks for the information :)

I just went for my gynae visit, and was told that my bb is considered small at 1.7kg at week 31. Anyone has any idea on what to increase bb's weight? fyi - i don't take durians so that option is out for me.

Bb will have growth spurt later on. Many friends told me not to worry too much about weight for now.

Btw i did eat durians two rounds over weekend. Bcos I love it :p. But I scared later my blood sugar result at clinic goes up.

Dun worry about bb weight. It will increase much more as you inch nearer to full term. Durian can help but most only eat it if truly necessary. My bb was 1.8kg at 33wks.. small but still within the range.

Juz came back from gynae checkup. Bb weighs 1.9 kg at week 34. Small but gynae not concerned coz my first 2 bb are small. Heard that drinking avocado milkshake will help on the weight of the bb. I have gained almost 10 kg liao so now not so willing to gain more leh. Next appt will be at week 36.. Think by then gynae will give me a more accurate date of birth.. Should be ard 37 weeks or so..
Now officially started my hl n resting at home. Today is the first day so dun feel like doing anything except resting n lazing at home!!
Hosp bag- I think I will pack the following:
1. Going home clothes
2. My wallet-should contain ic n some coins n credit card for the bill
3. Hp charger
4. Breast pad
5. Contact lens + well n spectacles

Can't think of any liao.. For maternity pad, disposable panties, pyjamas all will be provided by hospital.
For bb stuff like their clothes, mitten, swaddle, diaper, all provided by tmc too.. Seriously can't think of any liao.
Better dun bring too many things else on day of discharge might need to lug a lot of things n carry bb. Furthermore I remember tmc giving out a luggage filled with things for 2016 bb.

Oh regarding ctg, I rem for my first 2, I only belted to it once at the gynae clinic on the last visit meaning only when I'm nearing to giving birth. I think this time round too.. The ctg is to measure contraction right? Dun think the ctg machine in gynae clinic so good till can measure whether bb in distress or not.
Forget to mention that my gynae did a 4D scan today but can't really see well. Must ask him to do one on my next visit as bb is bigger n the scan should be clearer..

TMC will give U a diaper bag full of goodies for your discharge. Inside have hand sanitizer, mamy poko & huggies diapers, set of lotion like nipple cream, bb lotion, bb wash & diaper cream. Also have wet wipes. U also will be give a bunny luggage with kimono slippers and some stuff inside. Hospital nursing wear provided. Bb clothes mittens also provided.

TMC will give U a diaper bag full of goodies for your discharge. Inside have hand sanitizer, mamy poko & huggies diapers, set of lotion like nipple cream, bb lotion, bb wash & diaper cream. Also have wet wipes. U also will be give a bunny luggage with kimono slippers and some stuff inside. Hospital nursing wear provided. Bb clothes mittens also provided.

Bunny so no need bring a set of baby going home clothes?

Looks like nothing much to bring besides contact lens, facial wash and moisturizer , marriage cert

Oh regarding ctg, I rem for my first 2, I only belted to it once at the gynae clinic on the last visit meaning only when I'm nearing to giving birth. I think this time round too.. The ctg is to measure contraction right? Dun think the ctg machine in gynae clinic so good till can measure whether bb in distress or not.
Forget to mention that my gynae did a 4D scan today but can't really see well. Must ask him to do one on my next visit as bb is bigger n the scan should be clearer..
Think can tell from baby heartbeat ...coz they monitor the heart beat....

Mine was an hour

Wow tmc giving so many stuff, mount A only give bath tub and balance of diapers. Even night gown also not provided.

I think I shall check with GlenE what they provide so I won't pack duplicates.

Bb weighs 2.3-2.4kg at 34weeks ish. 10days ago she was only 2kg. Gynae says usually will pop 1week to 10days earlier (my Edd 1jul). Omg then it's happening soon. He says we may see Bb about 3kg when pop.

His CTG can't pick up contraction signs. Yeah quite lousy machine. Anyway the CTG results comes back bb heartbeat is normal activity.

Last edited:
Hello, first time on this forum and very new. Anyone giving birth at Mount A? What do they provide for baby and mummy? What do I need to pack? Edd end of July but being a kiasu mum, wants to pack my hospital bag soon!

Mine's about 1.6 kg at my wk 32 check-up, doc said the wt is fine. My first 2 pregnancies were like that too, and because I got unnecessarily worried about the small size, I ate about 2-3 cheese cubes per day to make her bigger, and ended up having the wt go to me instead. So this time round, I'm being cool about the wt. As long as doc is not expressing concern abt the wt, I'm not going to do anything.
@starview - don't worry unless doc has concerns.

@redvel - 2 wks to go, 3 at max! Suddenly seems so fast.
Suddenly realised I forgot to get the anti-slip rubber mat for bathtub. Which brand did u all get?

Kiddy palace on sale. Member 20%. Non member 15%. Can check out some stuffs like breast pad, nipple cream n milk bottles too

@starview, don't be too about your baby weight unless your gynae have concern over it. Just eating normal with healthy diet will do or else the excess weight will be on you.

@rachelby yea I will be deliver at mount A. Here is the list of items need to pack for hospital bag and upon discharge they will give us the bath tub and balance of Huggies diapers, oh ya remember to bring your jacket as it can be quite cold in delivery suite and we won't know how many hours we are going to spend in there so bring some book/iPad/snack to keep yourself entertain.
ImageUploadedByForum1464608506.697223.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1464608528.447057.jpg

Bunny so no need bring a set of baby going home clothes?

Looks like nothing much to bring besides contact lens, facial wash and moisturizer , marriage cert

I tell U I was so tired n pain till I never brush teeth never comb hair n never apply moisturiser. Haha but I do csect lah. Marriage cert unless U have babies name already n want to register immediately. If not TMC give two weeks to register for birth certificate. After that need to go ICA register. I was lucky I was given premier single room n paid single room price cos all full ;-)

Forgot to add yes they provide bb clothes n mittens but I brought my own bb romper cos I want my babies to wear new home clothes home.

The tmc bb clothes and mitten are new one too.. I rem they change into a new set before we go home...
And ya lor I din do anything to my face for the 3 days I was there coz too lazy liao.. But still brush teeth la.. Haha
Redvel: wow then u can really get ready liao.. Really last league of this tiring game.. After that can see bb liao..
I took a lot of avocado and Bk beef burger last 2 weeks and I gain 1 kg while bb only gain 300g. Sian lor think I should be cool abt it too since my 2 girls are of small size too.. Juz that my mother keep nagging and nagging and keep complaining that I'm not eating enough.. Keep telling me that I'm eating for 2 pax though I keep telling her that it's not the case.. Anyway we can pump bb up when she is born and small bb not that bad la coz easy to give birth.. Haha for my 2 girls it was an easy birth juz 2-3 push and they were out! Whole delivery time only 1-2 hrs upon reaching hospital!!

I tell U I was so tired n pain till I never brush teeth never comb hair n never apply moisturiser. Haha but I do csect lah. Marriage cert unless U have babies name already n want to register immediately. If not TMC give two weeks to register for birth certificate. After that need to go ICA register. I was lucky I was given premier single room n paid single room price cos all full ;-)
Congrats bunny on your bundle of joy!

I am going for c section too...likely won't wash my face or bother about moisturizer!! Hahaha

Hope I am lucky like u, get a premier single room!

So far I have not booked the room yet, wld be 34 weeks this Friday

Ya verluv, I'm totally with u on the small bb, easier to come out. I've also put on about 10 kg this round, bb small, means wt is on me, bleh! I think about food, really like the taste of food also, but after eating just a bit, like half a sandwich, I feel bloated to the point I can't stand without hunching over a bit. So I don't know why I'm still putting on wt when I'm eating so little. Very puzzling.

Hi, based on my past experience, I didnt buy this time as I received some from hospital and some from the hampers people gave. Also, if your baby is at least 3.5kg, they will outgrow the NB size quite fast, especially if you buy brands like GOON.

Therefore, its advisable to buy along the way as your baby grows.
Thanks grateful2014.

Juz came back from gynae checkup. Bb weighs 1.9 kg at week 34. Small but gynae not concerned coz my first 2 bb are small. Heard that drinking avocado milkshake will help on the weight of the bb. I have gained almost 10 kg liao so now not so willing to gain more leh. Next appt will be at week 36.. Think by then gynae will give me a more accurate date of birth.. Should be ard 37 weeks or so..
Now officially started my hl n resting at home. Today is the first day so dun feel like doing anything except resting n lazing at home!!
Hosp bag- I think I will pack the following:
1. Going home clothes
2. My wallet-should contain ic n some coins n credit card for the bill
3. Hp charger
4. Breast pad
5. Contact lens + well n spectacles

Can't think of any liao.. For maternity pad, disposable panties, pyjamas all will be provided by hospital.
For bb stuff like their clothes, mitten, swaddle, diaper, all provided by tmc too.. Seriously can't think of any liao.
Better dun bring too many things else on day of discharge might need to lug a lot of things n carry bb. Furthermore I remember tmc giving out a luggage filled with things for 2016 bb.
Hi Verluv,
Me too will delivery in tmc. Good to know that tmc provide most of the items. I'm at my 33wks now and baby weight about 2kg. Still yet to start packing. I'm so lost, don't know what to pack.
@redvel yea I did CTG before as I don't feel my baby movement on that day so my gynae ask me to do CTG, just lay down on the bed with a belt attach and it will monitor baby heart beat and kicking. Mine is 45mins

Back