Help needed

Nyla

One of my first friends is now fighting for his life. He was diagnosed with stage 4 rectum cancer last year and since then his life has changed so much with one complication after another. He had a complicated stomach operation and is now bedridden and barely able to eat. His trips to and from the hospital for medical check ups had to be via ambulance. He is currently in SGH and the doctors have placed him on the dangerously ill list as his kidneys are failing. He is not even on chemotherapy anymore. Because of all the complications, he may not be strong enough for chemo. His wife has stopped working to care for him full time. It is exhausting physically and mentally and with 3 young children aged 15, 11 and 2 and with mounting bills and no income, my friends and I are doing what we can to raise some funds to tide them over. His name is Salam Bin Osman, Salos Capri and I met him as a bubbly 6year old back in New Town Primary School. The year was 1985. He was loud. He was plump, fun and lovable. Contrast that to his current state now. He is stick thin but his body beginning from waist down is swollen because his kidney is not functioning. He is 38 years old. My heart bleeds when I saw him. And I am just an old friend. Imagine how his family feels? His wife and children? If you know him and would like to somehow ease his burden or you just would like to increase your investment in the hereafter please include him in your doa/pray. If you can spare some cash, I believe the family would be grateful for any monetary assistance they can get. Please pm/comment if you would like to contribute and we will forward his wife's account number. May God bless our efforts and forgive us.

hi Nyla

I think for money wise matter and any further help you may see SSO. They will definitely help.
Where is family staying?

Other than medical social worker, the family can approach their region CDC (Community Development Council) for assistance. It doesn't take long to get it approved for genuine cases.

Call the CDC and get an appointment. Meanwhile prepare all supporting documents eg. Nric, birth certs, medical records, cpf and bank statements etc. This will help speed up the process.

hi
CDC is not SSO. you may ask them to check with both. or at times the SSO officers can visit the home and check on the living condition.

Back