(2015/05) May 2015 Mummies

mummies, need some advise here.

I've been exclusive pumping for 1 year but recently supply has drop drastically which I can't figure out why too.

been pumping 8hrly since baby turn 6mos.
was abt 200ml per pump session. now drop till 130ml. :(

any remedy to boost back my supply?
or is it my body telling me is time to stop milking?

Do u think its unavoidable? My supply dip to the level of 80-90ml per pump. But if I dun pump, i got engorged. Trying to stop bm, but my bb still latch on at night..

@highness Increase water intake. If you have been eating fenugreek, can try increasing the dosage. Check if pump suction is not as strong before too. All these help me.

Jia you!

I cannot take Fenugrek, it will clog my ducts and doesn't work for me too. I used to pump 20 min, now already pumping 30min/ session le....

Do u think its unavoidable? My supply dip to the level of 80-90ml per pump. But if I dun pump, i got engorged. Trying to stop bm, but my bb still latch on at night..

now I dun even got engorge.
haiz... is this the problem of not latching? I'm still planning to pump till bb 2yo... haha... dreaming.... :p

I cannot take Fenugrek, it will clog my ducts and doesn't work for me too. I used to pump 20 min, now already pumping 30min/ session le....

now I dun even got engorge.
haiz... is this the problem of not latching? I'm still planning to pump till bb 2yo... haha... dreaming.... :p
Guess it is still possible? I have a friend who did it! Full bm until 2yo. And switched to fresh milk afterwards. I dun think I can haha.

Did/ Will u all celebrate ur baby first bday? I m looking for simple cake but dunno where to order.. Heard pine garden is nice?

Should hv seek for advice here... We bot 2 layers cake with 25 cupcakes for $338... Is it too expensive?
ImageUploadedByForum1463291070.665912.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1463291106.116162.jpg
We bot it from a Online cake shop. It was red velvet with chocolate cream...

We paid $150 (inc delivery) for a 2 kg cake.. We more kaisu, we ordered about 1 month before..

I also ordered pine garden. I even more kiasu, ordered in Feb, lol.... cos got promo of free artwork charge, hahaha...
mine is 3 kg. upper tier 1kg in chocolate, lower tier 2kg in lychee martini, yum yum...
paid $138+$18 for delivery...
my bb 1yo party done on 2nd May :)

Hi mummies, can I check is chicken pox vaccination a must for ur toddlers? I m not sure should I get him vaccinated on chicken pox? Appreciate your comments.

Hi mummies, can I check is chicken pox vaccination a must for ur toddlers? I m not sure should I get him vaccinated on chicken pox? Appreciate your comments.
It is optional not a must. But I will let my boy has the vaccination.. I myself did not have chicken pox before (but I did have the vaccination) so I'm worry will be difficult for me to take care of him in the event he kanna *touch wood*.

I am for getting the chicken pox vaccination, as it does drastically reduce the chances of you having to deal with a sick child with chicken pox. With the vaccine, it is much less likely that you will worry about your child getting sick at a not good timing (say just before travel, or exams etc). Its also important if you have family members who do not have chicken pox or are unable to get vaccinated (like a much younger child), who can be infected. Also an added complication of chicken pox is getting shingles when they are older. http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/shingles/shingles-topic-overview

Anyone is using enfamil fm? Now our babies turn to 1 yr old, can we upgrade from enfamil stage 2 (above 6mo) to enfagrow stage 3 (1-3 yo)? Any potential side effect to watch for?

Anyone is using enfamil fm? Now our babies turn to 1 yr old, can we upgrade from enfamil stage 2 (above 6mo) to enfagrow stage 3 (1-3 yo)? Any potential side effect to watch for?

Upgraded about 2 months ago, the change over went smoothly. No issues with stage 3 so far. :)

Anyone send their baby to Little Preschool infant care at whitesands? They just opened in April 2016.. any reviews or feedback pls?

Last edited:
So far I bought life insurance, hospitalization and accidental insurance (tag along my husband SAF one) for my boy. Planning to get a accident plan which cover HFMD, dengue and food poisoning when he starts his childcare.. So far we didn't get him any education plan as we plan to use our own saving insurance for that if need to.

I only bought hospitalisation not education yet

I bought education with ntuc. And hospitalization follows my hubby's company insurance.. quite big commitment indeed..

We have tried bread, yoghurt, meat, cereal (normal adult ones), veg, pasta. Sometimes, we give small bits of what we are having, especially when outside.

Hi mummies! I haven't been logging in as I had some difficulties logging in...

Any one still breastfeeding your lo? I'm still night nursing my baby. In the day he is having solid meals x 3 and fm x 2. My menses is not bad and I'm worried... Is it normal?

Hi mummies! I haven't been logging in as I had some difficulties logging in...

Any one still breastfeeding your lo? I'm still night nursing my baby. In the day he is having solid meals x 3 and fm x 2. My menses is not bad and I'm worried... Is it normal?

I'm still breastfeeding. Two latches a day, and 1 FM feed. Sorry, but what do you mean by your menses if not bad? As in your menses used to be very bad/heavy flow?

My baby is now 14mo... Like a bit strange my menses not back yet... now I prefer it to be back instead to feel normal haha

Wahhh... so good that menses not back.
Mine came back abt a month after lochia ended. (Actually 10days after lochia ended but just spotting.)
Still fully breastfeeding my 15mth old baby. Menses after delivery came with nasty cramps as well.

Mine came back abt a month after lochia ended. (Actually 10days after lochia ended but just spotting.)
Still fully breastfeeding my 15mth old baby. Menses after delivery came with nasty cramps as well.

You're still fully bf your baby! Power la! I've been wanting to wean him off... My baby however is tooooo comfortable and addicted to night nursing! Haha.

Anyone planning for second baby already?

Wow, power sia.. how did u do that?

You're still fully bf your baby! Power la! I've been wanting to wean him off... My baby however is tooooo comfortable and addicted to night nursing! Haha.

Anyone planning for second baby already?

Same! I have been thinking to stop latching at night but my bb seems looking for it each time she wakes up. She drink FM mostly in the day. Latch at night. So so sooo tiring. Haha.

My menses also came just after my bb turned to 4 mo. Ever since, every month i have been getting my menses. Dare not trying 2nd baby lei.. what about you all?

Wow, power sia.. how did u do that?

How ah? Hahhahhaa.... tiring leh...
Coz maybe even from before delivery I was set to fully breastfeed as long as she needs and had a mantra that formula milk is expensive. Hahhaha... tried giving few different brand FMs from the free trials.. but my girl don't seem to like it. She will just brushed the bottle aside. Tried straw, syringe, spoon and cup method also reject. So bo pian lor.
I think she don't like the smell of FM.
However, she didn't reject fresh milk when given. From the start I was also set to give fresh milk once she turns 1. So far, every morning, abt half a cup of fresh milk. Then direct latch almost all the way, with water and meals in between.

Hi mummies, may I know how you brush your LO teeth and tongue? My boy doesn't want to open his mouth for me to brush.

Hrm...we started very early, so maybe the habit was formed. After using the cloth in the beginning, we moved to those brush that you can wear on your finger once there were teeth. Now our LO uses the pigeon toothbrush. The stem is quite thin (but sturdy), so maybe you can slip into the mouth?

Yes, use a very tiny bit (just dip the brush into the toothpaste).

Hi, does LO need to spit out the toothpaste? OR is it ok to just swallow?

Hi mummies, may I know how you brush your LO teeth and tongue? My boy doesn't want to open his mouth for me to brush.

Maybe can try singing a "brushing teeth" song. There was a period of time my girl also din allow me to insert my finger with cloth to clean her teeth. I tried singing the song while "brushing" the teeth of her favourite soft toy first before brushing hers. This got her to cooperate opening her mouth for me when its her turn. I just moved on to using toothbrush today instead of cloth. She so fascinated by the toothbrush, din want me to stop. lol!

Back