IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Hi ladies I am going for briefing next month and starting in July! Dr Tan chose long protocol for me according to the nurse who made the appt for me, what's the difference between long and short protocol?
Long cycle will help those with eggs issue. Mean u have to jab lucurin for abt 1mths then the folle simulate more eggs to the right size.

Hi ladies I am going for briefing next month and starting in July! Dr Tan chose long protocol for me according to the nurse who made the appt for me, what's the difference between long and short protocol?
Hi CTTC, I'm also going for briefing next month and scheduled for July. You checked with the nurse over the call? I didn't and I don't know what protocol I'm on.

Mine aso in july..but Dr Tan did not said long ir short protocol for me. But I think normally they will start with short protocol first if u don't have any major issues

Hi CTTC, I'm also going for briefing next month and scheduled for July. You checked with the nurse over the call? I didn't and I don't know what protocol I'm on.
Hmm I didn't ask leh. She told me herself one! I don't know anything about protocols. Lol.

Mine aso in july..but Dr Tan did not said long ir short protocol for me. But I think normally they will start with short protocol first if u don't have any major issues
Hmm I see I see. I no major issues except I have adenomyosis. July is briefing? Or ivf?

Hmm I don't have any eggs issue leh. Wonder why he placed me on long protocol?
Let dr tan decide. Sometime based on our age, the med used. For me my right formula, long protocol n fresh cycle. Most important relax. End result is to carry a baby in hand. Jiayou ladies.

Thanks... I've warned my boss about my first fresh so hope I don't have to do too many of it. Frozen transfers will be shorter HL right?

Thanks... I've warned my boss about my first fresh so hope I don't have to do too many of it. Frozen transfers will be shorter HL right?
I read from forum majority said abt 3.But can extend if u tink ur work environment is stressful..

Hi_mei, nope I also had menopur for 4days on Low dosage of 150iu. Thh is not ard today. My this cycle is supposed to be on Low dosage to retrieve only 1-2 eggs hopefully they all can fertilised. This is my last cycle. No more grant on this try.

I did actually asked the doc on duty why not wait till the rest catch up. She said if wait might lose the biggest one. Then I asked her dunno this follicle will have egg or not, she said likely to have. Usually bigger follicles should contain egg. So keeping my faith up and keeping my fingers and toes crossed that what she said is true.

Tryingforbaby, optimal size is supposed to be 18. Which I had 1.

Lining still got time to bu before et. My concern is the small follicles. Already eating 4-5 egg whites per day. Hopefully the rest will wake up and grow faster. Let me at least 3 to retrieve.

Mrs Chan00, thank you.

How can they just turn you away without explaining how the 3 tries failed? After each try failed, did THH sit down and explain in detail exactly what was the cause of each failure and what CHANGES he will make to the next IVF cycle? Where got like that de?

Do you plan to do IVF with private facility? Maybe you can do stims and timed intercourse but without knowing more of why your IVF failed, it is quite hard to make a decision or give advice. There are private doctors all over who do treatments for women who failed even IVF, by giving jabs and then timed BD.

Last edited:
Grabbing your baby dusts, Iarrivee.

Pardon me being noob abt iui. What's the diff between iui n natural iui?

IUI is just the procedure itself where sperm is washed (only good quality ones left) and inseminated directly into the uterus to increase the chances.
IUI is normally done together with stimulation (jabs) and that is called SOIUI so forummers started calling IUI without any stims as 'natural IUI". Actually this is wrong.

IUI is just the procedure itself so natural IUI is already IUI!!

By the way do you wish to join a whatsapp support group we have ladies at various stage of the fertility journey, some on the way to do IVF.

IUI is just the procedure itself where sperm is washed (only good quality ones left) and inseminated directly into the uterus to increase the chances.
IUI is normally done together with stimulation (jabs) and that is called SOIUI so forummers started calling IUI without any stims as 'natural IUI". Actually this is wrong.

IUI is just the procedure itself so natural IUI is already IUI!!

By the way do you wish to join a whatsapp support group we have ladies at various stage of the fertility journey, some on the way to do IVF.

Got whatsapp group? Am I able to join in?

How can they just turn you away without explaining how the 3 tries failed? After each try failed, did THH sit down and explain in detail exactly what was the cause of each failure and what CHANGES he will make to the next IVF cycle? Where got like that de?

Do you plan to do IVF with private facility? Maybe you can do stims and timed intercourse but without knowing more of why your IVF failed, it is quite hard to make a decision or give advice. There are private doctors all over who do treatments for women who failed even IVF, by giving jabs and then timed BD.

Having failed several cycles myself under different doctors & seeing different TCMs, I believe no one can give you a detailed or definite answer as to why a cycle can go wrong. If they are able to pin-point what exactly went wrong for each cycle, I believe most of us would have succeeded by the 2nd cycle and not going through multiple tries. The only 1 common thing they will advise is, To keep trying & not give up. So yup, other than trial & error in this journey, IVF is really about perseverance, luck, timing & fate with the baby.

Having failed several cycles myself under different doctors & seeing different TCMs, I believe no one can give you a detailed or definite answer as to why a cycle can go wrong. If they are able to pin-point what exactly went wrong for each cycle, I believe most of us would have succeeded by the 2nd cycle and not going through multiple tries. The only 1 common thing they will advise is, To keep trying & not give up. So yup, other than trial & error in this journey, IVF is really about perseverance, luck, timing & fate with the baby.
Hmmm I disagree, no offense and I hope that this isn't the way that the SG's 3 public hospitals conduct their IVF business, this sounds more like guessing games (I'm scheduled to do IVF at one of them) and they just keep doing the same thing without really knowing what is going on/what happened and then hope to get something 'by luck'.. In respectable IVF facilities in the US, the doctor is supposed to explain as best as he can from what he can see through the protocol what most likely went wrong so that adjustments can be made to the next cycle. IVF is a science, and not a random art. Anyway I don't think its the case cause I have seen other posters post that THH told them what was wrong eg egg quality or whatever.

IVF also serves as a diagnostic tool (besides treatment), that is why many women, only after doing IVF, found out why they used to fail on so many rounds of SO-IUI. For eg if someone at IVF found out not a single egg was fertilized by the husband's sperm (sperm mismatch) or none made it to be an embryo, then that's when she knows why all her rounds of SOIUI in the past even when she produced up to 10 eggs at each round all failed.

IVF actually takes out the eggs from the ovaries and does the fertilization part in the lab so it bypasses a lot of the hurdles that are existent in conventional SOIUI that's why it is also diagnostic because the procedure lets the doctor learn many things which the doctor can't find out (black hole) in SOIUI.

Hmmm I disagree, no offense and I hope that this isn't the way that the SG's 3 public hospitals conduct their IVF business, this sounds more like guessing games (I'm scheduled to do IVF at one of them) and they just keep doing the same thing without really knowing what is going on/what happened and then hope to get something 'by luck'.. In respectable IVF facilities in the US, the doctor is supposed to explain as best as he can from what he can see through the protocol what most likely went wrong so that adjustments can be made to the next cycle. IVF is a science, and not a random art. Anyway I don't think its the case cause I have seen other posters post that THH told them what was wrong eg egg quality or whatever.

Hey no worries! It's just a different perspective of seeing things. No doubt it's about science but I personally feel that there's so much science can only do. Even with the best explanation and customized protocol the doctor recommends will not guarantee you a BFP. Anyway, I rest my case and good luck in your coming cycle. :)

I tried 3fresh cycles with dr tan. Each cycle different protcol n different med used. I succeed on my last cycle. During my last cycle, I tried Ivf, Tcm, eat vitamins and also do healing. Now I go for my 4th fresh cycle based on the right formula for me. Now I expecting my nos.2. No fix formula for u. Dr also need to try n error each cycle to find the right formula for u. Don't give up. Bb dusts to you all. Interest to do spiritual healing can PM me.

I did long protocol under Dr THH cos of my medical condition....endometriosis resulting in 1 of my fallopian tube block..I still hv a small cyst when I did my ivf procedure. ..

Although did collected a no. Of eggs but in the end only 3 successfully make it to d grand finale....Dr THH did also mentioned I hv low ovarian reserve aso...but he is very encouraging saying dun worry it just take 1 golden egg to be success. ..so I hv only 1 egg left to keep in the bank n used the other 2...

And ...With God's blessing I success in conceived. .n want to encourage all who is gg for cycling regardless long/short protocol n etc...jia you, hv a positive mind set n just go with the flow...

No one can guarantee in 100% success rate (even with advance science + tech) but hey at least all did make d 1st step toward the ultimate goal ...*baby dust to all~!**

I am seeing Tan HH and started my injections today. My next appointment is next Friday. Will we be able to see him in subsequent appointments? Have not seen him since our last appointment to decide on IVF

I am seeing Tan HH and started my injections today. My next appointment is next Friday. Will we be able to see him in subsequent appointments? Have not seen him since our last appointment to decide on IVF
No you will only get to see him during Embryo Retrieval & Embryo Transfer.

Like what towkayneo mentioned ...u dun get to see Dr THH until ER n ET....

But be assure tt even though u dun get to see him during those injection,follicle growing,lining check n etc...he is following ur case.....As my long protocol supposed to do 2 weeks of basic injection (sry forgot what name is d injection) but on the day I I suppose to go on next level the nurse told me DrTHH found out tt I hv a small cyst growing (thro 1 of ultrascan) he ordered tt I do 1 more week of the basic injection...before moving next level....

Dr THH is very good in this field so U r in good hand ....dun worry...:)

Last edited:
Hi anyone with TSB who has adenomyosis condition TTC? Would like to ask whether she gives herbs that can help to curb growth of adenomyo and TTC. Or she prescribe is for generally TTC but doesn't aim the adenomyo condition?

Like what towkayneo mentioned ...u dun get to see Dr THH until ER n ET....

But be assure tt even though u dun get to see him during those injection,follicle growing,lining check n etc...he is following ur case.....As my long protocol supposed to do 2 weeks of basic injection (sry forgot what name is d injection) but on the day I I suppose to go on next level the nurse told me DrTHH found out tt I hv a small cyst growing (thro 1 of ultrascan) he ordered tt I do 1 more week of the basic injection...before moving next level....

Dr THH is very good in this field so U r in good hand ....dun worry...:)

I see. i am really keeping my fingers crossed haha. Thank you very much.

I see... If we are aiming for twins, will it be possible to request him for 3? Hoping 2 out of 3 will survive?

I see... If we are aiming for twins, will it be possible to request him for 3? Hoping 2 out of 3 will survive?
U can only transfer 3 if you are 37 and above and that you have failed at least 1 cycle on Ivf. Otherwise 2 is max. If you hit that criteria then yes. 3 is possible. Pregnancy with twins is a high risk, maybe you can research on it. Not as simple as it seems.

No lah don't aim for twins even though so adorable to have twins. Like muff said there are many complications n frens including myself have risk of preterm labour. Many things to consider too as not easy to handle two babies at one go.

No lah don't aim for twins even though so adorable to have twins. Like muff said there are many complications n frens including myself have risk of preterm labour. Many things to consider too as not easy to handle two babies at one go.
I used to think of that too, like have twins then close shop. Gradually, it's not so simple as it seems...the gestational diabetes, pre-term etc....

I used to think of that too, like have twins then close shop. Gradually, it's not so simple as it seems...the gestational diabetes, pre-term etc....

Ya lor. I used to think twins so nice n seems like everyone deliver ok. But as I get to know more twins mummies I realised many risk of preterm labour. Also the logistic n financial of having two.

Ya lor. I used to think twins so nice n seems like everyone deliver ok. But as I get to know more twins mummies I realised many risk of preterm labour. Also the logistic n financial of having two.
ya....I got one friend who gave birth to a pair of identical twin girls last year. Hers belonged to the high risk type cos they shared the same placenta and there was a high chance of them being stuck together (think Siamese twins). Luckily everything went well for her and she said when they were delivered, their cord was like intertwined to the extent there were several knots.

I also toyed around with the fantasy of twins at first too.

Then got to know apparently bringing the baby to full term is good for their development. So if twins mean preterm or premature birth, then perhaps I would choose singleton.

But really out of our hands, it's dependent on luck and our destiny... Whether we get any at all.

I saw the Live Birth rate KKH showed during the IVF briefing and got a reality check.

Yup...sometime is more then one can chew...

Read some cases where input 2 embryo & 1 of the embryo split result in triplets....which then depends on situation where Dr may suggest reduction so as to reduce d risk to d whole pregnancy. ...tt is the 1 of the worst scenario anyone would want to be in...

Read some cases where input 2 embryo & 1 of the embryo split result in triplets....which then depends on situation where Dr may suggest reduction so as to reduce d risk to d whole pregnancy. ...tt is the 1 of the worst scenario anyone would want to be in...
If I am not wrong, I think that happens to one of the ladies in the forum. Have not seen her for quite sometime. Not sure how she is.

What's reduction? You mean they will remove one of the embryos?

I heard of people who went ahead with 3. But I'm really concerned about how it will affect the babies.

I'm due to start my first ivf cycle in another 12 to 14 days. To be honest, I'm more concerned about having none than having twins.

You know Chinese have a saying if a kid lives to 100 years old, the parents will worry for the kid for 99 years... Lol I think it should be worry for 101 years for us.

Best is can conceive naturally... But I guess God has His plans...

Almondearie - my IVF doc tells me anytime he would prefer we carry singleton rather than twins due to the higher risks associated with twins pregnancy. So most important is that fetus is healthy. Can always try for more bbs like what towkay Neo said, twins pregnancy not simple.

Back