IVF/ICSI Support Group

Some swear by it, some did not even tasted one drop of Ensure, it really depends.

You can try, but again Ensure is a supplement with high sugar content. It would be more helpful to whack egg whites & high protein food to grow your follicles at this stage.

I will start whacking egg whites today and eating more protein food as well. was thinking of taking ensure on alternate days or like half a packet a day for breakfast.

I have unicornuate uterus so can only put one precious egg. So, am really keeping my fingers crossed!

I will start whacking egg whites today and eating more protein food as well. was thinking of taking ensure on alternate days or like half a packet a day for breakfast.

I have unicornuate uterus so can only put one precious egg. So, am really keeping my fingers crossed!
keep eating egg whites till Embryo Retrieval and you can start to build your lining by soya bean milk / red bean soup / black bean drink before Embryo Transfer.

Good luck! THH has magic hands, so should be assured :)

I was told by NUH nurses taht ensure milk puts on weight. Hence not necessary to drink ensure milk. Go with egg whites and chicken essence. Dont make sudden changes to yr diet. Might affect yr health. My lessons learnt from my previous failed IVFs.

Thanks everyone for the well wishes, sorry cannot reply one by one.

It's bittersweet yesterday, one part of me sad cos it didn't happen but another part happy that I can carry my 15kg son after two weeks of telling him I cannot carry when he asked me to. I carried my son and told him that now I can carry him because there's no baby embryo anymore in the tumtum and he suddenly became queit and hugged me tightly. He's so looking forward to have little siblings so I'm gonna be strong and will hopefully achieve that dream for him!
I did cried it out at the end of the day especially after seeing my son's reaction but I sure felt better after that. :)

Will update on the next step once I meet my doctor on Monday! :)
Have a good weekend everyone!

It's bittersweet yesterday, one part of me sad cos it didn't happen but another part happy that I can carry my 15kg son after two weeks of telling him I cannot carry when he asked me to. I carried my son and told him that now I can carry him because there's no baby embryo anymore in the tumtum and he suddenly became queit and hugged me tightly. He's so looking forward to have little siblings so I'm gonna be strong and will hopefully achieve that dream for him!
I did cried it out at the end of the day especially after seeing my son's reaction but I sure felt better after that. :)

Hey andreanie, big hugs to u. Ur spirit is really uplifting and I sincerely hope ur next cycle will be a great success!!! All the best!!!

Hi ur BFP cycle is fresh or FET? Got do endo scratch?
1. First fresh cycle with nuh prof pc wong. Did endo scratch. Did acu and moxibustion with dr zhu at hua mei. No ensure milk. Bfn.
2. 2nd and 3rd fresh cycle with dr tan HH at kkh. Took ensure. Acu with dr que at tangshan. Did intralipid with dr loh. Took immunocal in tww. Bfp. Both miscarried at 7 weeks. Same day 1 June 2014 and 1 June 2015 mc.
3. 1st fet with dr tan HH with ensure milk and acu with dr que. Intralipid with dr loh. Bfn

Hi ladies, I'm new to this forum but have been silently reading your posts during the 2ww. Thanks for all your sharing! It was really encouraging reading all your posts. I just completed my first IVF cycle with NUH. The results were pretty poor, I ended up having only one embryo to transfer, the remaining 4 embryos retrieved didn't make it. Of course I was so hoping the 8 cell embryo would be THE one but just got results of my beta hcg test today and it was a bfn. This was despite trying to make pretty positive changes to my lifestyle and diet and even taking supplements like conceive well which supposedly has things like coenzyme q10. Sigh.

Pretty disappointed and crushed. I'm due to see the doctor to review my cycle in 2 weeks. Just wondering for you ladies with experience, how long did you all wait between cycles? I was thinking of trying tcm for a few months and just take a break before trying again. Any tips or advice?

Hi ladies, I'm new to this forum but have been silently reading your posts during the 2ww. Thanks for all your sharing! It was really encouraging reading all your posts. I just completed my first IVF cycle with NUH. The results were pretty poor, I ended up having only one embryo to transfer, the remaining 4 embryos retrieved didn't make it. Of course I was so hoping the 8 cell embryo would be THE one but just got results of my beta hcg test today and it was a bfn. This was despite trying to make pretty positive changes to my lifestyle and diet and even taking supplements like conceive well which supposedly has things like coenzyme q10. Sigh.

Pretty disappointed and crushed. I'm due to see the doctor to review my cycle in 2 weeks. Just wondering for you ladies with experience, how long did you all wait between cycles? I was thinking of trying tcm for a few months and just take a break before trying again. Any tips or advice?
Hi how high was your stim jab? Is this your first cycle?
Usually the doc will advise about 2-3 cycles before u do the next cycle but I Guess it depends on your comfort level. My 1st and 2nd fresh was about 6 mths apart.. That gave me some time to recover emotionally as well.

Hi how high was your stim jab? Is this your first cycle?
Usually the doc will advise about 2-3 cycles before u do the next cycle but I Guess it depends on your comfort level. My 1st and 2nd fresh was about 6 mths apart.. That gave me some time to recover emotionally as well.

Thanks! I was on 150 iu of gonal f for 10 days before doing the trigger. I was thinking about 6 months as well as I'm planning a holiday later part of the year so maybe that works better

All the best for your 2nd try!

Your son is living proof of a miracle so didi or mei mei will soon follow his footsteps! :)

Diferent pple response diferently from the medication...I also have no symptoms..Only i noticed big bloated tummy.Otherwise feel normal.And when go scan eggs are growing as per what dey aimed for...
LOL .. me too no symptoms until I was wondering if I am doing the jabs the right way!
hi!! I'm new here.. On my 6 day jab today.. I do feel bloated n more tired on my first few days. Now feeling better.. Let's all jiayou tog!

Is anyone taking supplements before the jabs? Thinking of taking Blackmores Conceive Gold and Royal Jelly pills but some say need to take at least 3 months. I'm starting my IVF cycle in late June so not sure if it is too late to start taking them now.

Is anyone taking supplements before the jabs? Thinking of taking Blackmores Conceive Gold and Royal Jelly pills but some say need to take at least 3 months. I'm starting my IVF cycle in late June so not sure if it is too late to start taking them now.
Late is better than never I Guess.. All the best

16 is a lot.. But need to reach ideally 18-19mm to have matured egg. your last scan shows 6 at 16mm? Or anymore scan after that?
yeah unfortunately only 6 were 17-20 mm, rest were smaller. The doctor thought it was better to trigger ovulation and harvest the bigger ones than wait for smaller ones to catch up. oh well... guess I will take a break and try again in 5-6 months

Am not sure as for my fresh I recall I did before ER. For my FET I did after ovulation. Dawnbb did hers on the day of fet and bfp.
Hi! I did first session of intralipid after ET on same day. Then only when confirmed bfp, then doc ordered to do one more session at week 6 of pregnancy.

I think I have Crinone build up! The day after I stopped Crinone, I was so shocked to get a big clump of Crinone coming out of me. Sorry TMI!!! But anyone experienced that before? Cos I didn't last time so a bit of a shocker now lol! We are not supposed to clean it and just let it come out itself right?

yeah unfortunately only 6 were 17-20 mm, rest were smaller. The doctor thought it was better to trigger ovulation and harvest the bigger ones than wait for smaller ones to catch up. oh well... guess I will take a break and try again in 5-6 months
I see, so end up harvested how many eggs?

Update: FET#1
CD2, May 20
- Prescribed (1) Progynova 1 x 2 mg, 3 times daily and (2) Cardiprin 100 once daily.
- Next scan on CD10 May 28, Sat
Update FET#1
CD10 (May 28, Sat)
- Lining 7.2 mm
- To do Intralipid @ Dr SF Loh's O&G Clinic on CD14 (Jun 1, Wed)
- FET on CD17 (Jun 4, Sat)
- Prescribed (1) Progynova 2 x 2 mg, 2 times daily (starts from today),
(2) Cardiprin 100 once daily and
(3) Utrogestan 2 x 100 mg vaginally, 2 times daily (starts from CD12 (May 30, Mon))

Update FET#1
CD10 (May 28, Sat)
- Lining 7.2 mm
- To do Intralipid @ Dr SF Loh's O&G Clinic on CD14 (Jun 1, Wed)
- FET on CD17 (Jun 4, Sat)
- Prescribed (1) Progynova 2 x 2 mg, 2 times daily (starts from today),
(2) Cardiprin 100 once daily and
(3) Utrogestan 2 x 100 mg vaginally, 2 times daily (starts from CD12 (May 30, Mon))
Hi cycle buddy....am so right behind you in dates. Went for scan on 26 may and transfer is on 1 June. Doing intralipid on 31 may. Am also starting progesterone on 30 may. Can I knw is yours day 2 or blasts? Am allergic to aspirin so no cardiprin for me. Let's jia you :)

Hi cycle buddy....am so right behind you in dates. Went for scan on 26 may and transfer is on 1 June. Doing intralipid on 31 may. Am also starting progesterone on 30 may. Can I knw is yours day 2 or blasts? Am allergic to aspirin so no cardiprin for me. Let's jia you :)
Dear Mesara, thought I am behind you instead? Mine will be D2-embryos and culture to blasts. How about yours? Hope all of us will be YES! this time round :) Fighting...

Hi sistas

Do you use the ice pad to numb your tummy before injections. NUH nurse said to ease pain can use ice pad to numb first. Have you ladies tried this method before?

Hi sistas

Do you use the ice pad to numb your tummy before injections. NUH nurse said to ease pain can use ice pad to numb first. Have you ladies tried this method before?

I use the small square alchohol swab to numb the area only. Nv use the icepad b4. R u doin it for 1st time?

keep eating egg whites till Embryo Retrieval and you can start to build your lining by soya bean milk / red bean soup / black bean drink before Embryo Transfer.

Good luck! THH has magic hands, so should be assured :)
Thank you! I am drinking red bean soup once every 3 days? Am worried it will be too Heaty.

Hi sistas

I used ice cube for few mins den alcohol swab den jab.no feeling for me that is..

Now that I see the area whr I jab, there seems to be brusing. Anyone also lik that?
Its normal if u ever have them..It will disapear in days...Probably while inject accidentaly hit small veins.nvrtheless after removing injections never rub at injections site.continue to press with alcohol swab intact at least 5-10mins...You may try see if it works...

Its normal if u ever have them..It will disapear in days...Probably while inject accidentaly hit small veins.nvrtheless after removing injections never rub at injections site.continue to press with alcohol swab intact at least 5-10mins...You may try see if it works...

Will try. I always rushin for time cz 7 to 8 is the period I go to work..

Hi this is very useful.
But may I know will the charges be different for this between private and subsidized patient?

Hubs prefer private but I am concern with the cost.
I don't know if there is a diff. Mine is definitely private cos I called direct to arrange for appointment. Going through subsidised, it will probably be just the initial diagnosis that is subsidised. After that should be considered private once you have to do IVF. I am not sure.

Back