IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Momsiestobe,

I've been married and TTC for 2 years now. I am 28 years old. I already did all my tests at KKH along with hubster. Apparently, Gynae did mentioned that my husband's sperm speed for penetration is less than 1.5% or something? I can't quite recall. Our next appointment will be on 16th June. So we have to decide if we're going to proceed with IUI or IVF. Hubster and I have decided to proceed with IVF prolly next year May. I would like to know if anyone here can share the cost breakdown for IVF (including cash, subsidy and medisave). Thank you so much.

That's nice....I only had once ...and that was bfp. Btw which day did u do intralipid gal. Before starting progesterone or after?
I did once intralipid after the FET on the same day then when confirmed bfp, doc ordered another intralipid at week 6 of pregnancy.
All the best to you for this FET! Jia you!

Hi ladies, I have a question.. wonder if anyone can share. I am currently on my stimulation jabs and will be going to KKH tomorrow for my first scan. Tomorrow will be my day 12 of jabs. Will KK schedule my ER on tomorrow itself? before the ER, I need to go back for HCG jab right? I wonder how long the whole process take and how often I will need to go back to KK next week. Hmmm...

Hi Momsiestobe,

I've been married and TTC for 2 years now. I am 28 years old. I already did all my tests at KKH along with hubster. Apparently, Gynae did mentioned that my husband's sperm speed for penetration is less than 1.5% or something? I can't quite recall. Our next appointment will be on 16th June. So we have to decide if we're going to proceed with IUI or IVF. Hubster and I have decided to proceed with IVF prolly next year May. I would like to know if anyone here can share the cost breakdown for IVF (including cash, subsidy and medisave). Thank you so much.

If the doctor refers you to KKHIVF centre, the nurse coordinator wil let you know the breakdown. You may visit their website for some prelim info or cal their hotline.

Hi ladies, I have a question.. wonder if anyone can share. I am currently on my stimulation jabs and will be going to KKH tomorrow for my first scan. Tomorrow will be my day 12 of jabs. Will KK schedule my ER on tomorrow itself? before the ER, I need to go back for HCG jab right? I wonder how long the whole process take and how often I will need to go back to KK next week. Hmmm...
Hey MsPau, it really depends on your follicle and lining growth before they schedule the ER. Yes, if both follicles and lining is ideal, they will schedule the ER date. Yes, before ER, you need to go back for the hcG jab.

As for how long the process will take etc, it really depends on your follicle and lining growth.

I did acu with dr que at tangshan and no issue with herbs n acu. Maybe you can let dr zou knw that u r having gastric and she can change the herbs for you. I feel that the herbs are good for womb.

Are your herbs in powder form or brewed? Cause the GP's concern is about not knowing what goes into the med. Tho dr Zou seems quite reliable since many sisters here have been to her.

Ya will let her know cos she took out something when I told her I couldn't slp too well. And I've been finding it hard to control my temper. Wonder if it's normal.

Are your herbs in powder form or brewed? Cause the GP's concern is about not knowing what goes into the med. Tho dr Zou seems quite reliable since many sisters here have been to her.

Ya will let her know cos she took out something when I told her I couldn't slp too well. And I've been finding it hard to control my temper. Wonder if it's normal.
My herbs are brewed. Warm up and drink. Ya let her knw so that she can make adjustments. She's v popular n I believe she knw what's best to assist pregnancy. All the best gal.

Whenever im alone especially now after lunch and there's no one in office, i tend to wonder why i still dont hold my bundle of joy. Some lonely thoughts sharing with my fellow online frends.
I think those who joined this thread ALL had / have this thought. Perhaps the time has yet to come and I believe if you persevere, you will be holding your own kid very soon.

I guess most importantly is how your IVF doc views TCM. If he supports the idea of you having TCM together with his jabs and whatsnot, that's fine. But if he doesn't encourage, I guess you just have to prioritize.

Hi everyone! Thank you for the wishes but sadly it's not time yet for a second baby but we are okay. Maybe cos already prepared if things doesn't turn out the way we want. We can only hope but God will make it happen when, it's up to Him.

Gonna have a review this Monday and I will start a fresh cycle once gynae gives the go ahead.

Jiayou to those sisters waiting for their BT results soon! :)

Hi everyone! Thank you for the wishes but sadly it's not time yet for a second baby but we are okay. Maybe cos already prepared if things doesn't turn out the way we want. We can only hope but God will make it happen when, it's up to Him.

Gonna have a review this Monday and I will start a fresh cycle once gynae gives the go ahead.

Hugs andreanie.... you are so brave to try again...

Hugs dear. Keep trying. U will strike yet again real soon.

Hi Momsiestobe,

ImageUploadedByForum1464252949.879420.jpg
ImageUploadedByForum1464252959.202608.jpg

Hope this helps. This is as of 2015. I am not sure if there is any update in 2016 or not.

Hugz. Jiayou for your next cycle.

Never, trying hard to refrain lol!
All the best!!
Thanks dear. Today first scan and lining optimal liao. They told me to continue progynova and start progesterone tabs on monday. Wed transfer. Lucky dr tan backnon wed after leave. Was yrs day 2 embryos or blast? Hope you are doing well in your pregnancy and wish you a safe and smooth delivery.
Lining optimal.means ur soya milk drinking daily works? Yeay!!!

Many hugs to u dear... have a good rest and all the best in your new fresh cycle!!

Hugs!!!! Take care but nvr gif up.yeay!!! We mst persevere on!!!! :)

All the best!!

Lining optimal.means ur soya milk drinking daily works? Yeay!!!

Not sure what exactly worked but I took soya bean milk sometimes from Mr bean n market n nutrisoy. Also red bean soup n raspberry leaf tea. Spaced them out. Am so worried abt my adeno condition actually which is hostile environment for embbies. Praying hard.

Hi there,
My hubby has bad morphology too. But as Long as there are a few healthy sperms you should be fine. Just have to do ICSI instead of IVF.

Thanks Lurora, so relieved to hear that! :) Have been so worried ever since I got the results.
Any idea how much more ICSI cost?

Aiyo no such thing as IVF would not help because IVF is the "last frontier" of fertility treatments.
In fact in the case of poor sperm IVF is the most effective because SOIUI would not work. At the lab the embryologists can use ICSI to fertilize if your hubby has poor sperm. In fact IVF is the last hope for very serious Teratozoospermia & Hypospermia.

Thank Dinky for the info :)

I guess most importantly is how your IVF doc views TCM. If he supports the idea of you having TCM together with his jabs and whatsnot, that's fine. But if he doesn't encourage, I guess you just have to prioritize.
I won't get to see him again till really close to the IVF I think. I'm only scheduled for the briefing.

Not sure what exactly worked but I took soya bean milk sometimes from Mr bean n market n nutrisoy. Also red bean soup n raspberry leaf tea. Spaced them out. Am so worried abt my adeno condition actually which is hostile environment for embbies. Praying hard.
All the best for u!!!!

You're so kind. Thank you so much for the attachment.

So I believe the cash money that is needed to be forked out for an IVF procedure should be around $2-$3k max.
Yes. Around there. But I think during my short protocol I only paid about 1.2k in cash. I can't remember too clearly.

Hi! I am taking a fresh cycle and just started my injections today (CD3).

Would like to ask if anyone drink or drank ensure life during the process? I have heard many different opinions about it

Would like to ask if anyone drink or drank ensure life during the process? I have heard many different opinions about it
I did drink ensure milk for my cycles and managed to bfp twice. So I don't knw if there is any negative impact.

Hi Sisters here, any idea whether it's ok to drink Magnolia Milk during 2ww? If it's not ok to drink milk, what do u drink in place of that, esp for breakfast??

Just collected the injections , can advise if need to put the cooler bag inside fridge or just the drugs will do?. Will start my stimulation from 29 May onwards.

Hi Sisters here, any idea whether it's ok to drink Magnolia Milk during 2ww? If it's not ok to drink milk, what do u drink in place of that, esp for breakfast??
I drank HL Milk cos Magnolia milk gave me flatulence. If you are not comfortable with cold milk, maybe you can leave it outside for 5 min.
Else you can try hot Milo.

Some swear by it, some did not even tasted one drop of Ensure, it really depends.

You can try, but again Ensure is a supplement with high sugar content. It would be more helpful to whack egg whites & high protein food to grow your follicles at this stage.

Back